PDA

View Full Version : OK Thunder next year

beau_boy04
01-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Say they get the first round pick in the 09 NBA Draft and select PF Blake Griffin. They will have an interesting nucleus in Durant, Green, Westbrook and Griffin joining them.

The question to this thread is do you see the Thunder getting into the playoff next season?

I'd no and they will probably end up getting another high lottery pick and select SG Xavier Henry.

Then we will be talking about

C - Defensive minded big man
PF - Blake Griffin
SF - Durant
SG - Xavier Henry
PG - Westbrook

:speechless:

Sixerlover
01-15-2009, 09:31 PM
How are they going to get
A. Another high first round pick
B. A good defensive minded big man

Don't give their FO too much credit

DitchDat
01-15-2009, 09:33 PM
in time they will be scary

they're like an early-stage Portland

cardinals1226
01-15-2009, 09:34 PM
You're predicting the Thunder to be in the playoffs and to draft Xavier Henry before he has even graduated from high school yet. Can we wait until he has touched a ball at Memphis first? And if the Thunder do make the playoffs, how do you expect them to get a lottery pick? The front office isn't smart enough to get them Xavier Henry and a big defensive center. They'll be lucky to make the playoffs in the next 5 years.

rapswin98
01-15-2009, 10:50 PM
The question to this thread is do you see the Thunder getting into the playoff next season?and the answer to this thread is NO!!!!!

Sport
01-15-2009, 11:03 PM
They have a good thing going. Durant is a good piece to build around. They will gradually get better, but the West is pretty stacked. So until all the pieces are there, you cant really determine anything.

Nighthawk
01-16-2009, 12:17 AM
They also have 3 first round draft picks this upcoming draft.

NBA DRAFT.net has them takin B.Griffin 1 and also selecting T.Hansborough and A.Daye

Not to shabby. Thunder are def. a team of the future

Lakerfrk
01-16-2009, 12:23 AM
Say they get the first round pick in the 09 NBA Draft and select PF Blake Griffin. They will have an interesting nucleus in Durant, Green, Westbrook and Griffin joining them.

The question to this thread is do you see the Thunder getting into the playoff next season?

I'd no and they will probably end up getting another high lottery pick and select SG Xavier Henry.

Then we will be talking about

C - Defensive minded big man
PF - Blake Griffin
SF - Durant
SG - Xavier Henry
PG - Westbrook

:speechless:

if they were in the east maybe

cahawk
01-16-2009, 12:26 AM
Thunder are a team of the future, say the next millenium.
Their future can be foretold by reading the history of the Clippers & their similar owner.
And where has the Clippers many 1st round picks gotten them....30 years later.

lakers4sho
01-16-2009, 12:34 AM
They also have 3 first round draft picks this upcoming draft.

NBA DRAFT.net has them takin B.Griffin 1 and also selecting T.Hansborough and A.Daye

Not to shabby. Thunder are def. a team of the future

Psycho-T is the best college player, but I don't think he'll perform as well in the NBA.

sacgiants1213
01-16-2009, 12:38 AM
they'll be cellar dwellers next year as well. no playoffs for them.

lakers4sho
01-16-2009, 12:42 AM
No playoffs for them until about 5 years from now.

codes238
01-16-2009, 12:49 AM
i dont understand how people can be down on this team at all to be honest?!?
do you realize that durant just turned 20 a couple of months ago? this season he's averaging 24 points and 6 rebounds on 47% shooting from the field, 42% from 3 and 85% from the free-throw line... do you understand how ridiculous that is!? his absolute worst case scenario is tmac without a vagina and his best case scenario is something this league has never even seen before...
green and westbrook are absolute studs and krstic looks like he's completely recovered and is gonna be a very servicable big man and they have a top 3 pick coming next year... how can you not be excited about this team's future?

cahawk
01-16-2009, 12:49 AM
Psycho-T is ok for marquee value & to sell tickets, maybe.
But I can't see him fitting into the NBA & having any real impact.
Too slow to play the smalls & too small to play the bigs.

Nighthawk
01-16-2009, 12:52 AM
Psycho-T is the best college player, but I don't think he'll perform as well in the NBA.

Not a star..But i do think he could be a serviceable NBA backup to Blake Griffin. I think Griffin could be very well close to who he is compared to. Boozer. We'll see.

I dont think the Thunder will be a playoff team next year. Or even win that many more games than they will win this year..HOWEVER

Westbrook/Watson
Durant/D.Mason
Jeff Green/A.Daye
Blake Griffin/Pyscho T
Wilcox/Petro

That is a nice up and coming team to work with. They might even get a top 5 pick in 2010...They could then pull a Celtic move and trade there young talent for a top star or stars...im done

cahawk
01-16-2009, 12:53 AM
I'm not down on the players, I just think this owner is the 2nd coming of Donald Sterling.
And I think the team will be moved in a few years, after the curiosity factor wears off.

lakers4sho
01-16-2009, 12:56 AM
Other than they're "absoutely stud and promising" (supposed) starting 5, I don't see anything else from that team. They have no bench, first of all. And I don't think any top coach would accept a coaching job with the Thunder, no offense.

It would be nice though if they can pull it off in the future. But, like I said, not until about 5 years from now.

oldenpolynice
01-16-2009, 12:57 AM
I like the direction the Thunder are headed. Two more pieces (SG and C) plus a little more bench depth and they're a legitimate contender.

Scotty Brooks is a good coach so I think they'll be a fringe team next year (not quite good enough for playoffs, but much better than this season). Just look at the strides Durant and Green (D&G) have made this season. It's a sign of good teaching and maturity.

I also believe in the power of Sam Presti. He'll get something for Joe Smith coming up and set the Thunder up for even better things in the future (kind of like what he did with the Kurt Thomas trade late last seaso).

yojoe792
01-16-2009, 01:12 AM
:confused::confused::confused::confused::speechles s::speechless::speechless::speechless::mad::mad::m ad::mad::(

Uhhhhh.....

Where the **** is Jeff Green????? He's been almost as good as durant on offense this year.
:confused:

Nighthawk
01-16-2009, 01:14 AM
I Think the T'Wolves are in the same situation as the Thunder. Wolves have lots of good young talent and could possibly have FOUR first round draft picks. As of the standings right now they have 3. But the T'Wolves could add some young pieces that might improve there squad into the future. But im positive McHale will probably draft the wrong guys.

Nighthawk
01-16-2009, 01:15 AM
:confused::confused::confused::confused::speechles s::speechless::speechless::speechless::mad::mad::m ad::mad::(

Uhhhhh.....

Where the **** is Jeff Green????? He's been almost as good as durant on offense this year.
:confused:

What ya mean where is jeff green>???

Plenty of us have stated that he is a bright spot for the thunder.

Hes sorta in a way part of the reason this thread is even made.

what54!?
01-16-2009, 01:45 AM
no. They better shoot for a close to 500. hundred record.