PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: David Wright may have been on the plane that landed in the Hudson

Run Gardner Run
01-15-2009, 08:16 PM
I hate to post this, but I have been sent several emails from people in a variety of tri-state area newsrooms, including SNY, suggesting all are following up on a “rumor” that David Wright may have been on today’s airplane that crashed in to New York’s East River.

In any event, all reports indicate that each passenger survived the crash, which is great news.

Again, they are following up a rumor, which the Mets are working to confirm or hopefully deny, I am simply relaying that activity.

METSBLOG.com

I really hope this isnt true. Obviously he's still alive since no one died from the accident, but I just hope he wasnt on the plane because thats gotta be a traumatic event

SidTheKid
01-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Wow. Everyone survived so even if the rumor is true thankfully he and every else survived this crash.

nymetsrule
01-15-2009, 08:18 PM
And this is totally false.

\thread

makin' waves
01-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Yeah, its not true!

CAIN=FUTURE
01-15-2009, 08:22 PM
please tell me this isn't true.

Tekmosis
01-15-2009, 08:25 PM
If David Wright was on that plane, ...................:(

Gigantes4Life
01-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Unbelievable. You guys are ****ing terrible.

xSolidx
01-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Remember when the Yankees wore a patch for the entire season to honor the pitcher who had a 5+ ERA with them for 2 months? That was cute, even for such a drama queen team.
Does it matter if he had an ERA of 1.00 or 10.00?

They did it out of respect, which you clearly dont have

I bet if he played for Boston and the Red Sox did the exact same thing you would be singing a different tune

dx371
01-15-2009, 08:29 PM
no reported deaths on the crash...which is amazing and great

I would hope wright wasn't on the plane though

Adalbjorg
01-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Thats just f'd up. The Yankees wore the patch out of respect for a person who died in a tragedy. Who the f cares if he was a mediocre pitcher. Show some damn respect

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

New York fans and media hated Lidle. Then he dies after pitching 2 months for them and they claim him as their own. Drama, drama, so much baby drama!

nymetsrule
People die all the time, why should Cory Lidle get special treatment?

dx371
According to a team spokesman, David Wright was not on today’s plane that crashed in to the Hudson River.

Adalbjorg
01-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Does it matter if he had an ERA of 1.00 or 10.00?

They did it out of respect, which you clearly dont have

I bet if he played for Boston and the Red Sox did the exact same thing you would be singing a different tune

WRONG. If a really bad player spent 2 months with Boston and everyone in the city hated him, I wouldn't try to pretend that I was upset by his death. But some of us are just bigger drama queens than others I guess.

Ph1lly Diehard
01-15-2009, 08:33 PM
People die all the time, why should Cory Lidle get special treatment?

He doesn't, but your a complete ******* for saying what you said.

Driven
WRONG. If a really bad player spent 2 months with Boston and everyone in the city hated him, I wouldn't try to pretend that I was upset by his death. But some of us are just bigger drama queens than others I guess.
There's no reason to be upset by his death. There's also no reason to disrespect it.

LBCgiantsfan
Remember when the Yankees wore a patch for the entire season to honor the pitcher who had a 5+ ERA with them for 2 months? That was cute, even for such a drama queen team.

Maybe they wore it because he was their friend and teammate not just some pitcher who had a 5+ era. Are you like 15?

Badluck33
01-15-2009, 08:34 PM
What a ****ing jag-off!

nymetsrule
01-15-2009, 08:36 PM
He doesn't, but your a complete ******* for saying what you said.

Didn't your entire city cheer when Reyes hit his head after he slide into 2B and was laying on the ground?

I recalled that Lidle was a mediocre pitcher. I never said he was a bad person.

I Stole Home
01-15-2009, 08:36 PM
You guys are ******* show some respect if David otiz died u would do the same and u do it if Julio lugo died so shut the **** up

AsfanSince99
01-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Who? Oh yeah...that unknown mediocre pitcher who died.

Wow, you're the epitome of a LOSER. It says a lot about your upbringing or lack there of..

Hey met fan, you need to check your boy. I wouldn't want a dumbazz like that posting on my board.

Adalbjorg
01-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Maybe they wore it because he was their friend and teammate not just some pitcher who had a 5+ era. Are you like 15?

He was their friend? Maybe you forgot the part where Lidle threw the entire Yankees team under the bus when they lost the Tigers. You must have also forgotten the part where all of NYC **** all over Lidle, and he basically became public enemy #1 in NY sports before he died.

nymetsrule
Wow, you're the epitome of a LOSER. It says a lot about your upbringing or lack there of..

Hey met fan, you need to check your boy. I wouldn't want a dumbazz like that posting on my board.

I have a loving family, I was never abused or hurt. I have been supported with my choices in life. I never smoked weed, never drink alcohol. I get good grades in school and am going to attend a strong college. I have loving friends and family. My upbringing was strong.

You might want to recall that I nowhere said he was a bad person, I said he was a mediocre pitcher. But since you disagree, please answer...what kind of pitcher was he? Really...how would you remember his pitching career?

Rylinkus
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

New York fans and media hated Lidle. Then he dies after pitching 2 months for them and they claim him as their own. Drama, drama, so much baby drama!

I liked Lidle

And are you guys all 12? Disrespecting someone whom has died is about as immature and classless as it gets. I guess that sums up the typical PSD poster :pity: