PDA

View Full Version : Positives

jzelenda
01-15-2009, 06:47 PM
It's been a rough season, that's for sure. No excuses though, it's just how it goes sometimes. But instead of focusing on all the bad things on this team, how about we throw around some positives?

I'll start; a positive is that Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Talbot, Fleury are all young gifted players, who are now locked up and barring a trade (probably won't happen) will be together for 4-6 years and continue building the chemistry they have right now, and hopefully go passed their natural talent and bust out beyond their potential to win a few cups together. The future is getting brighter in Pittsburgh, my friends, and the shine of Sir Stanley's Cup would only make the Steel City glimmer moreso.

Next?

SidTheKid
01-15-2009, 06:51 PM
It's been a rough season, that's for sure. No excuses though, it's just how it goes sometimes. But instead of focusing on all the bad things on this team, how about we throw around some positives?

I'll start; a positive is that Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Talbot, Fleury are all young gifted players, who are now locked up and barring a trade (probably won't happen) will be together for 4-6 years and continue building the chemistry they have right now, and hopefully go passed their natural talent and bust out beyond their potential to win a few cups together. The future is getting brighter in Pittsburgh, my friends, and the shine of Sir Stanley's Cup would only make the Steel City glimmer moreso.

Next?

I agree the main positive that the Pens have right now is their core group of young players (Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Staal, Talbot) which I believe can win a Stanley Cup down the road but it will take other role players to accomodate these players for us to even have a shot at it in the future. That's why I believe the GM needs to fill these roles next off season and I don't know how he couldn't after some of the bad players he brought in this off season.

jzelenda
01-15-2009, 06:56 PM
I don't know how he couldn't after some of the bad players he brought in this off season.

Though the season isn't over, I agree. This season should be an eye opener as to what this team needs to succeed. It's apparent we have enough offensive D. Some defensive D is a must. A winger or two that can produce should be priority A right now and/or next year.

Frankly a bad to mediocre season I think would serve as a wake up call to everyone, and dare I say, missing the playoffs, even if it's just by a few points. That would be a positive step, in the fact that it could shake up these kids and management, and open some eyes and knock out the past. Focus on the now, and build for the future!