PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Suns' Nash to Raptors in multi-player deal?

Wade_County
01-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Sam Smith of Bulls.com (and formerly of the Chicago Tribune) talked about the possibility of the Phoenix Suns trading Steve Nash to the Toronto Raptors in his Bulls blog on Monday.

The deal looks like this: The Suns trade Nash, Leandro Barbosa and Robin Lopez for Jose Calderon, Andrea Bargnani, Anthony Parker, Jason Kapono and possibly Jamario Moon as cap filler.

The trade itself doesn't seem too lopsided, but it would mean the Suns are giving up on a championship run just as things are coming together. Phoenix is 8-3 since the Jason Richardson trade, including buzzer-beating losses to the Spurs and Pacers, and a barnburner in Portland. Giving up Nash would end this era and put Phoenix into rebuilding mode. That's something the Suns' brass doesn't want to do yet, especially considering how well Shaq is playing.

There are bound to be rumors galore floating around, especially as the trading deadline approaches, but this is one I wouldn't give much credence. Phoenix has to let this roster jell, and Steve Kerr knows that. But if the Suns suffer another first-round exit in the playoffs, next year is when things will get very interesting.

Source: East Valley Tribune

MoBASS
01-15-2009, 11:59 AM
WTF is wrong with Steve Kerr, he's blown up the entire roster.

Sox Appeal
01-15-2009, 12:02 PM
There's no way this rumor is legit, but IF it is, I would LOVE this trade from the Raptors perspective. Even though they would be losing an outstanding PG in Calderon, and a player with tons of upside if Bargnani, they're getting back an All-Star caliber PG in Nash, an mega-talented young guard in Barbosa, and a solid young big man in Robin Lopez.

GCOOKIE7
01-15-2009, 12:03 PM
ya this ain't happening

carson08
01-15-2009, 12:05 PM
I really don't want the Raptors to do this trade. Bargnani is playing too well right now to trade. It's too soon to give up on him. Plus Calderon's trade value is low right now. Once his hammy heals he'll be playing like he was last year. Nash would be nice, but in 2 years, Calderon will probably be the better option. Barbosa is a great player too, but I'd take my chances with Bargnani. Even when he was playing poorly this year, I was still hoping they would hold onto him.

Turtle55
01-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Am I the only one that loves this trade for Phoenix? They have peeked with the Nash/Shaq combo and there is no reason right now for Amare to stay there in 2010. This trade gives a young talented point to replace Nash and a gifted former number one pick and 7 footer in bargnani. This isn't a rebuild as much as a reload and youth infusion.

bartlett2266
01-15-2009, 12:06 PM
ya i dont think this will go down Bargs is playing alot better these days

chicagowhitesox
01-15-2009, 12:09 PM
too many big name players. won't happen.

IRUAM #21
01-15-2009, 12:16 PM
I dont like this trade

kntresistheheat
01-15-2009, 12:20 PM
This is so not true, and the raptors are giving up half of their roster for three players:rolleyes:

mike_noodles
01-15-2009, 12:27 PM
I pray that the Raps don't do this trade. Nash is too old now, his best years are behind him. This trade doesn't make the Raps better now or going forward.

I would do Calderon + either Moon/Graham + 2nd round pick for Nash, but that's it.

Hellcrooner
01-15-2009, 12:41 PM
Who says Susns woudlnt contend?

Calderon,Richardson,hill,Stou,Shaq + Kapono,Barnes,Parker,Barnganini and ADmunsen (who is playing very well lately).!!!!!

leafsrule99
01-15-2009, 12:41 PM
definitely not going to be happening...too far fetched

HOZ THE KNICK
01-15-2009, 12:44 PM
he is the worst beat writer ever i know this story have no legs.

midwestmadman
01-15-2009, 12:46 PM
This would be an absolutley brain dead move by the Raptors. I know Colangelo has man crush on Nash after their years in PHO together but why in anyone's right mind would you trade a good young guard in Calderon and give up a big man like Bargnani, not to mention two guys that spread the floor in Kapono and Parker that are three point threats and to top that off Jamario Moon. This is the dumbest rumor I think I have ever heard. Bryan Colangelo is smarter than this isn't he? Bargnani isn't going anywhere if anyone is to be shipped out of Toronto it will be Jermaine O'Neal and that heavy contract, obviously the experiment didn't work, and Bargnani is better than O'Neal is in this offensive scheme so if a move is made I figure it will be O'Neal not Bargnani and not Calderon, I can see Moon, and Parker being involved in any potential deal though as well.

SuperDayv
01-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Yeah right!! If he did this I think Colangelo would get publicly stoned in Union Station.

JMG15
01-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Okay if this trade happens Toronto's starting 5: nash,barbosa,joey,bosh,oneal. I do but I don't like this trade. We got Robin back who can learn from oneal and be his replacement at centre once he leaves. Barbosa is perfect to play in Toronto. Nash coming home to Canada would be huge but we can't give up that much. Calderon,Bargnani, Kapono, Parker, Moon is to much. Take away Kapono and I'd consider it.

superkegger
01-15-2009, 12:58 PM
This is from Sam Smith, he's notorious for crap like this. He has no sources for this, he is just simply throwing stuff out there that could make a little sense. This is just a crock of ****.

D.Pumps
01-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Sorry did he say take Kapono out of the deal?

td0tsfinest
01-15-2009, 01:01 PM
No way. Nash is good but passed his prime. Andrea Bargnani is playing some serious ball of late, wouldn't trade our future for the past.

uchiha
01-15-2009, 01:01 PM
this seems 100% made up to me...

Sixerlover
01-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Like I said in the suns forum, a Sam Smith article has no more credibility then me making up a rumor on here and someone taking it and running with it.

Turtle55
01-15-2009, 01:09 PM
this seems 100% made up to me...

Yeah, if you're new do dealing with Sam Smith let me break it down for you. As a Bulls fan we're used to him. He almost never has sources or contacts, he just speculates what he thinks would be a good idea. To his credit he usually mentions in his article that it is purely his speculation. To his discredit his ideas almost never happen and usually don't make sense for one of the teams involved.

WaterBoy24
01-15-2009, 01:11 PM
This story is crap...like SAM SMITH...
Andrea Bargnani is not going no where...

Only way Suns and Raptors make a deal is:

Phoenix Suns incoming players:

Jose Calderon
Anthony Parker
Jason Kapono
Kris Humphries
Joey Graham

Toronto Raptors incoming players:

Steve Nash
Leandro Barbosa
Grant Hill
Robin Lopez

Works in ESPN trade machine...
That's the kinda of deal that makes sense for both teams...

Lakers4ItAll
01-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Besides Nash who else is a big name?? lol

too many big name players. won't happen.

Fury
01-15-2009, 01:19 PM
Steve Kerr single handedly ruiend a championship calibor team

PHX-SOXFAN
WTF is wrong with Steve Kerr, he's blown up the entire roster.

nothing, he's made good trades.

wtf is wrong with sam smith. this guy craps out more bs ideas that have no bearing whatsoever. there isn't even a close second in this category. do some research and make some phone calls sam, instead of just playing with espn.com trade machine.:rolleyes:

ink
Horrible trade for the Raptors, good trade for the Suns. Nash has been a great player in this league, but he's nearing the end of his career. Why would a team trade away their future for someone who will give them a year or two? Barbosa is a decent sixth man, and Lopez has limited potential -- it's very possible he will remain a bench player. So in two or three years, the Raptors would have almost nothing from this deal.

Badluck33
01-15-2009, 01:20 PM
For those of you who don't know who sam smith is, he writes nonsensical articles involving trades that will not or may not ever happen.

I thank god every minute of my life that I dont ever have to read a chicago tribune article with his name in it!

PHX-SOXFAN
01-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Steve Kerr single handedly ruiend a championship calibor team

how so?:confused: have you watched a shawn marion game, or a shaq game lately?:speechless:

Silent
01-15-2009, 01:21 PM
This would be a hell of a trade for the suns they would get so much younger. U give up a all star pg in nash but calderon ain't no slouch BARGS JSUT GETTING BETTER AND MOON AND KAPANO DAMM THAT A NICE BENCH RIGHT THERE if they pull this off i say kerr for gm of The year

tdotmoe2k3
01-15-2009, 01:22 PM
steve kerr is smoking that la la that writer is smoking that la la phoniex fans think they will get a deal like this is smoking la la la . andrea alone is better then barbosa and nash look at the numbers he is putting up had 31 and 10 last night. averaging last 9 games 22 pts and 7reb.

Tblaze
01-15-2009, 01:22 PM
I don't really think they would give up contending, and they probably get Toronto's best talent apart from Bosh in return...

tdotmoe2k3
01-15-2009, 01:23 PM
bc is going to pull that bulls trade hughes and nocinoi for j o'neal

rhino17
01-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Toronto would get a hell of a lot for very, very little

nearyG
01-15-2009, 01:37 PM
i think nash,barbosa, hill and lopez for calderon, bargnani, parker and kapono is a very fair deal...but it probably won't happen....there's a huge risk factor on both sides...it would be exciting to watch...the way bargnani is playing right now and having calderon locked up for 5 years probably makes this trade actually favour the suns.

This is how both teams would look after the trade.. think about it:

SUNS:
C Shaq/Bargs
PF Amare/Bargs/Amundson
SF Barnes/Kapono/Dudley
SG Richardson/Parker/Tucker
PG Calderon/Dragic/Brown

RAPTORS:
C O'Neal/Lopez
PF Bosh/Hump/Jawai
SF Hill/Graham
SG Barbosa/Moon
PG Nash/Ukic/Solomon

nearyG
01-15-2009, 01:40 PM
bc is going to pull that bulls trade hughes and nocinoi for j o'neal

it would have to include a big (Gooden or Thomas) and probably parker going the other way with JO

kntresistheheat
01-15-2009, 01:40 PM
No its the other way around, Raps have to give up half of their roster for 3 players not to mention one of them is getting old and declining with a history of back promblems. Raps have a way better future with bargs,Calderon!

greg_ory_2005
01-15-2009, 01:42 PM
That trade is horrible for the Raptors.

Tisoykeis
01-15-2009, 01:44 PM
I think this is actually a pretty good trade for Phoenix. IMO, they don't really have the team to make a serious run at a title and may even fight to make it to the playoffs. If they want to try and avoid a long rebuilding phase which is currently only a year or two away, this might not be a bad choice.

They get a solid, young nucleus of players that will help replace the loss of their aging veterans like Nash, Shaq, Grant Hill, and others. This is not a bad starting five:

PG - Calderon
SG - Jason Richardson
SF - Andrea Bargnani
PF - Amare Stoudemire
C - SHAQ

In fact, that might even be an improvement over this years team. As a Jazz fan, I hope Pheonix doesn't do this trade because they are a couple of years away from a serious rebuilding effort.

kntresistheheat
01-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Duhhhhh!!!......J/k but of course this is better deal for the suns, raps get raped.

I think this is actually a pretty good trade for Phoenix. IMO, they don't really have the team to make a serious run at a title and may even fight to make it to the playoffs. If they want to try and avoid a long rebuilding phase which is currently only a year or two away, this might not be a bad choice.

They get a solid, young nucleus of players that will help replace the loss of their aging veterans like Nash, Shaq, Grant Hill, and others. This is not a bad starting five:

PG - Calderon
SG - Jason Richardson
SF - Andrea Bargnani
PF - Amare Stoudemire
C - SHAQ

In fact, that might even be an improvement over this years team. As a Jazz fan, I hope Pheonix doesn't do this trade because they are a couple of years away from a serious rebuilding effort.

SpeedyRecovery
01-15-2009, 01:53 PM
never happen!

RaptorFan89
01-15-2009, 02:08 PM
No way the Raps swing a deal for a has been and a bunch of nothing for half the starting team....the man is a idot!

THE_FLASH_21
01-15-2009, 02:24 PM
This might work out for both Parties..... This isn't the run and gun offense it use to be...
Meaning the suns.

LD V2.0
01-15-2009, 02:32 PM
The way Andrea Bargnani has played over the last ten games there's no way Colangelo moves him now. Not in any of the rumored deals I've heard this year anyway...

Jermaine O'Neal would be more likely to move.

what54!?
01-15-2009, 02:36 PM
I don't see how it makes the suns better.

LD V2.0
01-15-2009, 02:39 PM
It doesn't. It would make them better off for the future though. Its too bad for Kerr that Colangelo wouldn't deal Bargnani in that crap deal.

DreamShaker
01-15-2009, 02:44 PM

Love, love, love the Col. Cotton Hill avatar....and Bargs is still very intruiging and Calderon is younger than Nash and no worse of a defender....I still think the Suns lose on this trade because Nash is still extremely clutch and helps Amare so much....but it seems like a chemistry killer....I mean...you are essentially just putting a bunch of random players together....like Steve Kerr is just putting all the players he picked on his fantasy team on the same roster....J-Rich really has never fit any team he's been on besides that one year when Golden State just jacked up 3's all night...Calderon has been a tease....Shaq has been playing great but he's 35 with a recent injury history and relying on a healthy Grant Hill is laughable...Bargs might as well just put a big question mark on the back of his jersey....Nash brings stability to that team and taking him away would be just silly....

rhino17
01-15-2009, 02:53 PM
No its the other way around, Raps have to give up half of their roster for 3 players not to mention one of them is getting old and declining with a history of back promblems. Raps have a way better future with bargs,Calderon!

They are giving up a ton of medicore nba players for a pretty good pg, and one of the best 6th men in the league in Barbosa. Bargnani hasnt done anything in his career and Calderon is one of the most overrated player in the league.

kidfury
01-15-2009, 02:54 PM
I doubt BC will even entertain the thought of this trade for long, much too one sided to get an aging star. Toronto, if they do decide to trade i think it will involve chicago and JO.

kntresistheheat
01-15-2009, 02:57 PM
I respect your opinion, but bargnani and Calderon are young and showing flashes of being great players in this league. I feel that the raps are giving up to much for a pg that has a history of back promblems and that alone is a risk.

They are giving up a ton of medicore nba players for a pretty good pg, and one of the best 6th men in the league in Barbosa. Bargnani hasnt done anything in his career and Calderon is one of the most overrated player in the league.

kntresistheheat
01-15-2009, 03:00 PM
There was report, In the miamiherald that riley is entertaining the Idea of getting JO to miami?????

I doubt BC will even entertain the thought of this trade for long, much too one sided to get an aging star. Toronto, if they do decide to trade i think it will involve chicago and JO.

PhillySportFan
01-15-2009, 03:02 PM
I don't care who's trading for what but when you trade that many players and that many key players between 2 teams it will kill the rest of your season. That trade is not happening, way to many key players from both teams.

Gibby23
01-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Nash isn't doing that much better than Calderon right now and he is 7 years older. I would rather have Bargnani over Barbosa, so It would be bad for the Raps.

BTownTeamsRKing
01-15-2009, 03:26 PM
i dont like the deal for either team. it looks pointless.

Raptors arent winning a title this year or next so whats the point of dealing for Nash.

im not too big on Calderon, but it could be Harris-Kidd deal all over again.

J-Relo
01-15-2009, 03:36 PM
This story is crap...like SAM SMITH...
Andrea Bargnani is not going no where...

Only way Suns and Raptors make a deal is:

Phoenix Suns incoming players:

Jose Calderon
Anthony Parker
Jason Kapono
Kris Humphries
Joey Graham

Toronto Raptors incoming players:

Steve Nash
Leandro Barbosa
Grant Hill
Robin Lopez

Works in ESPN trade machine...
That's the kinda of deal that makes sense for both teams...

what...?!

Nash > Calderon
Barbosa > Parker

also Grant Hill is playing very nice ball this season especially on D, so adding him too makes no sence, giving up C makes no sence too... and those two for Kapono and Kris+ Joey (not worth)...

J-Relo
01-15-2009, 03:39 PM
i dont like the deal for either team. it looks pointless.

Raptors arent winning a title this year or next so whats the point of dealing for Nash.

im not too big on Calderon, but it could be Harris-Kidd deal all over again.

yea almost agree...

the point of getting Nash -> better possibility to sign Bosh as more cash will come off the books

Lo Porto
01-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Dumb trade for both sides. Phoenix trades their face of the franchise to take a step back.

heyman321
01-15-2009, 03:44 PM

I don't respect your opinion at all, unlike the other guy. Have you even seen what Bargnani has been doing for the past almost 3 weeks? and HOW is Calderon overrated? He's certainly not underrated anymore, but he's definitely not overrated, nobody is talking about him being the next Magic Johnson. And Barbosa is crap, all he is, is a streak shooter. Why do you think Matt Barnes basically took his role? Nash is what, like 50, that would be a terrible trade for the Raptors. This trade is probably false anyways.

PhxGiant
01-15-2009, 03:45 PM
yea almost agree...

the point of getting Nash -> better possibility to sign Bosh as more cash will come off the books

IF this rumor had any life to it at all, i agree that it would be tempting for Toronto to get Nash since his contract expires for the 2010 free agency. I wouldn't trade RoLo until i saw what he could do with consistent minutes, he is pretty solid when he gets to start.

JPHX
01-15-2009, 03:57 PM
smith article? ha. not even worth my time.

Hellcrooner
01-15-2009, 03:58 PM
DO you realize that right now Calderon has a very good Assist ratio with ONLy BOSH and JO as efficient receivers for his passes?

How many assists can he do if he has Hill, Shaq, Stoy and Richardson as potential receviers??????

JOSKOMANG4
01-15-2009, 04:01 PM
sam smith of bulls.com (and formerly of the chicago tribune) talked about the possibility of the phoenix suns trading steve nash to the toronto raptors in his bulls blog on monday.

The deal looks like this: The suns trade nash, leandro barbosa and robin lopez for jose calderon, andrea bargnani, anthony parker, jason kapono and possibly jamario moon as cap filler.

The trade itself doesn't seem too lopsided, but it would mean the suns are giving up on a championship run just as things are coming together. Phoenix is 8-3 since the jason richardson trade, including buzzer-beating losses to the spurs and pacers, and a barnburner in portland. Giving up nash would end this era and put phoenix into rebuilding mode. That's something the suns' brass doesn't want to do yet, especially considering how well shaq is playing.

There are bound to be rumors galore floating around, especially as the trading deadline approaches, but this is one i wouldn't give much credence. Phoenix has to let this roster jell, and steve kerr knows that. But if the suns suffer another first-round exit in the playoffs, next year is when things will get very interesting.

Source: East valley tribune

projected lineup if trade goes thru!

Raptors:

C-jermaine o neal
pf- chris bosh
sf- joey graham
sg- leandro barbosa
pg- steve nash

suns:

C- shaq
pf-stoudamire
sf- matt barnes
sg- richardson
pg- calderon

hmm.... Seems like a **** deal 2 me.. But yet interesting

Rapthug
01-15-2009, 04:07 PM
No way in the world this is happening. Just Sam Smith attempting to be relevant.

bartlett2266
01-15-2009, 04:10 PM
ya i dont know how this help TO at all ya Nash is Canadian but is that really worth giving up a big part of ur future. This team will start to be built around Bargnani. Bosh may leave in a few years a trade like this will not help him stay

carruthers32
01-15-2009, 04:23 PM
it wont happen, BC has said numerous times hes not trading Bargnani. So close this thread because its BS

yanks08
01-15-2009, 04:46 PM
what my source tells me is that steve kerr is the one traded!!! Suns get a better GM in return by not having Kerr around!!!

ink
01-15-2009, 04:50 PM
what my source tells me is that steve kerr is the one traded!!! Suns get a better GM in return by not having Kerr around!!!

How about we give Kerr a little credit and look at the fact that the team he has built is actually playing very well right now.

Giantwarrior
01-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Calderon is so underrated. He's having a great year and still 100% from the freethrow line. He's getting a good feel for the NBA game and will turn out to be a solid pg.

Ragun
01-15-2009, 05:24 PM
ewwwwwww BC isnt and idiot.

Giantwarrior
01-15-2009, 05:30 PM
The suns best years are behind them, they really need to think ahead for their future to compete. Kerr is doing what is the right thing to do as a gm. Right now, the suns are a playoff team, maybe 4th or 5th in the west. They can't beat the lakers or spurs in a best of 7. And if a miracle happens, they certainly cant beat the celtics or cavs. Everyone knows that other then suns fans. nash will not be back next year as a free agent, he's already rumored to be playing for dantoni knicks. Trade him while you can get something for him. Calderon is good. It's a no brainer. The sun has set in phx, move on.

mjt20mik
01-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Why? He's going to sign with the Raptors after he's done his contract with the Suns. He said he wouldn't mind retiring in Toronto. He would be a wicked backup to Jose then.

sep11ie
01-15-2009, 06:12 PM
There's no way this rumor is legit, but IF it is, I would LOVE this trade from the Raptors perspective. Even though they would be losing an outstanding PG in Calderon, and a player with tons of upside if Bargnani, they're getting back an All-Star caliber PG in Nash, an mega-talented young guard in Barbosa, and a solid young big man in Robin Lopez.

Nash is too old. He's putting up his lowest numbers in years. WASHED UP!

JPHX
01-15-2009, 06:24 PM
^^and yet as old as they are, with no basketball identity, they're in 5th place and climbing. no need for this trade and no other source to back it up.

nearyG
01-15-2009, 06:26 PM
id take old nash over calderon anyday...calderon is 28..thats not that young...nash is clutch, coming bak to canada, id more nifty with the ball and takes chances calderon might not and hell have more freedom to freelance on offence in toronto...plus maybe hell be involved with the candian team that way too...i love it...i dont care about calderon...i wouldve rather kept ford...cuz aparently we need another scoring option outside bosh and bargs...not to say i dont think calderon isn't a good player and couldn't improve...i'd just like nash's style better and think he would help rejuvinate our boring style of offense...and calderon's more controlled, efficient style of play could possible suit Terry Porters system...I think at this point in time they have similar value...maybe a calderon for nash could work?

Raidaz4Life
01-15-2009, 06:26 PM
No way in the world this happens

Goon.Weezy
01-15-2009, 06:33 PM
not gonna happen, raptors would be giving up their best wings...............which isnt saying much

dodie53
01-15-2009, 06:35 PM
suns will benefit with that trade imo.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Why trade Calderon for Nash?

We can sign Nash in 2010.

Duncan = Donkey
01-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Nash is too old. He's putting up his lowest numbers in years. WASHED UP!

nash had a slow start to season, latley he;s been putting up good numbers.
and please tell me how 15 and 9 is washed up??:rolleyes:

mjt20mik
01-15-2009, 07:34 PM
nash had a slow start to season, latley he;s been putting up good numbers.
and please tell me how 15 and 9 is washed up??:rolleyes:

It's not washed up. I just think it's not a smart move for both teams. Not to mention, the Raptors are totally getting ripped.

heyman321
01-15-2009, 07:50 PM
id take old nash over calderon anyday...calderon is 28..thats not that young...nash is clutch, coming bak to canada, id more nifty with the ball and takes chances calderon might not and hell have more freedom to freelance on offence in toronto...plus maybe hell be involved with the candian team that way too...i love it...i dont care about calderon...i wouldve rather kept ford...cuz aparently we need another scoring option outside bosh and bargs...not to say i dont think calderon isn't a good player and couldn't improve...i'd just like nash's style better and think he would help rejuvinate our boring style of offense...and calderon's more controlled, efficient style of play could possible suit Terry Porters system...I think at this point in time they have similar value...maybe a calderon for nash could work?

Why the hell would he get involved with the national team at ~ age 40. They are not equal values. Calderon is younger by seven years and is rising. Nash is on the decline with back spasms.

And oh, look how good TJ Ford is working out for the Pacers.

Duncan = Donkey
01-15-2009, 07:55 PM
still no way id do that trade, nash and shaq come off the books in 2010 and then we will have tons of cap room, and we are trying to compete for the championship now and if we do that trade we become weaker.

rapswin98
01-15-2009, 07:58 PM
this will never happen, i hope not

Duncan = Donkey
01-15-2009, 08:05 PM
i pray this doesnt happen

boms-4
01-15-2009, 08:12 PM
yeah this wont happen

lakers4sho
01-15-2009, 08:41 PM
This trade would benefit the Suns better. The Raptors get few good players for a nice little run but it wouldn't be enough to push them over the top.

IversonIsKrazy
01-15-2009, 10:11 PM
bargs is finally playin good. hes avging around 21ppg in the last 8-10 games. y would suns give up nash? they should also be focusing for 2010. Nash + shaq's contract finish in 2010, which add up to $31m. Sign wade and tj.

B2theRY
01-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Sam Smith of Bulls.com (and formerly of the Chicago Tribune) talked about the possibility of the Phoenix Suns trading Steve Nash to the Toronto Raptors in his Bulls blog on Monday.

The deal looks like this: The Suns trade Nash, Leandro Barbosa and Robin Lopez for Jose Calderon, Andrea Bargnani, Anthony Parker, Jason Kapono and possibly Jamario Moon as cap filler.

The trade itself doesn't seem too lopsided, but it would mean the Suns are giving up on a championship run just as things are coming together. Phoenix is 8-3 since the Jason Richardson trade, including buzzer-beating losses to the Spurs and Pacers, and a barnburner in Portland. Giving up Nash would end this era and put Phoenix into rebuilding mode. That's something the Suns' brass doesn't want to do yet, especially considering how well Shaq is playing.

There are bound to be rumors galore floating around, especially as the trading deadline approaches, but this is one I wouldn't give much credence. Phoenix has to let this roster jell, and Steve Kerr knows that. But if the Suns suffer another first-round exit in the playoffs, next year is when things will get very interesting.

Source: East Valley Tribune

most ******** trade rumor i have read in years..

Calderon at this stage = better then nash
Bargnani = better then every other player in the deal.

i do not see how the raps win that.
I also believe they can get nash for an expiring contract.. (ie. an anthony parker, maybe a joey graham)

kswissdaf
01-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Ill believe it when i see it

SammyG942
01-15-2009, 10:36 PM
no way this trade would go down, it's not like there record is bad its pretty decent.

BluejaysFan08
01-15-2009, 10:51 PM
No way this goes down the way bargs is playing right now nash is past his prime, and jose we just locked him up and when we use the backup solomon we go no where who ever came up with this should be shot in the foot multiple times

Duncan = Donkey
01-15-2009, 10:53 PM
nash may be past his prime but he is still better than jose

La11
01-15-2009, 10:53 PM
sam smith is a moron and i won't even listen to this garbage...he just wants to make rumours and he has no source. Listen to DOUG SMITH ..Not SAM SMITH

La11
01-15-2009, 10:55 PM
who is going to play the 2 and 3 spot i asked? barbosa is only good coming off the bench...How bad is the raptors defense going to be with nash and barbosa as 1 and 2? LOL Sam Smith talk about your Bulls

JordansBulls
01-15-2009, 11:08 PM
Sam Smith of Bulls.com (and formerly of the Chicago Tribune)

I saw that and I knew it was false.

lakers4sho
01-15-2009, 11:12 PM
I saw that and I knew it was false.

I know that the thread title is a bit misleading, but the writer was just making a trade proposal IMO.

JordansBulls
01-16-2009, 01:17 AM
I know that the thread title is a bit misleading, but the writer was just making a trade proposal IMO.

Yeah, but no way the Suns make that deal now.

Nighthawk
01-16-2009, 01:25 AM
Coming from a celtic fan who doesnt really care about either of these teams....I would like to see this deal get done. Just for the sake of being able to play NBA 2k9 with those cool new rosters....hey im being honest guys.

Drtino
01-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Coming from a celtic fan who doesnt really care about either of these teams....I would like to see this deal get done.

You know what I feel you.

Nets fan perspective on this thread... make it, although if it's a rumour... well, whatever.

jacquewho?
01-16-2009, 12:24 PM
According to Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic, there is no substance to a trade rumor started by Bulls.com writer Sam Smith, who implied that the Suns were talking with the Raptors about dealing Nash.

Sam Smith apparently likes to play general manager, and Smith's past attempts to paint win-win scenarios into a reality have actually worked. This rumor created enough chatter for beat writer Paul Coro to address it, and he quickly shot it down by saying that the Suns are looking to extend Nash, not trade him.

rotoworld

Dont get your hopes up.

Drtino
01-16-2009, 12:33 PM
rotoworld

Dont get your hopes up.

Wow...ha, ha...Lol

That guy is a moron... he should be fired for saying things he can't back up.

PhxGiant
01-16-2009, 01:13 PM
who is going to play the 2 and 3 spot i asked? barbosa is only good coming off the bench...How bad is the raptors defense going to be with nash and barbosa as 1 and 2? LOL Sam Smith talk about your Bulls

Actually he is MUCH better as a starter, when he starts its an automatic 20+ points.

thejazlive
01-16-2009, 01:27 PM
I really don't want the Raptors to do this trade. Bargnani is playing too well right now to trade. It's too soon to give up on him. Plus Calderon's trade value is low right now. Once his hammy heals he'll be playing like he was last year. Nash would be nice, but in 2 years, Calderon will probably be the better option. Barbosa is a great player too, but I'd take my chances with Bargnani. Even when he was playing poorly this year, I was still hoping they would hold onto him.

but if the Raps GM believes that trading Bargnani right now when he has value could be worth alot more then trading nim down the road

Drtino
01-16-2009, 01:33 PM
I read above it's basically a "False"statement, it's never gonna happen.

MrBloop
01-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Shaq would eat Kerr with a side of grits and a biscuit if he ever pulled the trigger on this deal.

AFlagRules
01-16-2009, 02:02 PM
The Raptors would never do that....It fills NONE of our needs and leaves us in a WORSE position for the future...WTF kind of deal is that for us?

Drtino
01-16-2009, 02:08 PM
The Raptors would never do that....It fills NONE of our needs and leaves us in a WORSE position for the future...WTF kind of deal is that for us?

It was just a rumour...

king4day
01-16-2009, 03:08 PM
This rumor was last week and had a thread on here already I believe. If not it's in the Rumors and Suns forums.
It's just wishful thinking by Sam Smith.

KB24PG16
01-16-2009, 09:38 PM
do it suns hahaahahaha steve kerr- ******

Cavs_Fan24
01-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Won't happen.

Duncan = Donkey
01-17-2009, 02:52 AM
most ******** trade rumor i have read in years..

Calderon at this stage = better then nashBargnani = better then every other player in the deal.

i do not see how the raps win that.
I also believe they can get nash for an expiring contract.. (ie. an anthony parker, maybe a joey graham)

lol, in your dreams buddy