PDA

View Full Version : Michael Young

spiatzko
01-14-2009, 04:06 PM
Here is an idea to get some good conversations going.
Michael Young is on the trading block. As some of you know, Gary Sheffield's name has been linked to the Texas Rangers.
How about Michael Young for Gary Sheffield. They also are going to want pitching. Ive heard it would cost them Porcella, but what about Zach Miner?

Bondomania
01-14-2009, 06:09 PM
No to dealing Porcello. Maybe Sheff and Miner for Young. Young is extremely overpaid, and his range and defensive abilities are disappearing quickly. There is no way he is worth one of the top 10 prospects in all of baseball. Maybe Young for Sheff, Miner and Robertson. All of those contracts would come off the books next year, and you would have financial freedom to go out and sign a top free agent.

Epic89
01-14-2009, 06:33 PM
No way the Tigers get Young. No way. They don't have any prospects good enough to entice Texas.

Young might actually end up being a Twin, which makes them that much better than the Tigers.

mark1125
01-14-2009, 08:02 PM
I don't want him for what Texas is expecting. He is solid, but headed towards that downward trend. Add that to his salary and iffy defense and that equals someone I don't want.

Bondomania
01-15-2009, 11:11 AM
It really wouldn't make Minnesota that much better. Young struggles away from Texas, and also his defense is comparable to Renteria's last year. So they would have a hole at SS defensively. Offensively he is good, not as good as he was a few years ago.

theoldgoalie
01-15-2009, 12:39 PM
I'd like to see him here. Sheffield, Miner, Robertson, Willis, would all be good options to send for him if they would be willing to bite, but my inclination is that they would deal him to Minnesota before they dealt him to Detroit. The Twins have more to offer by way of young pitching talent and they would be willing to offer up the likes of Delwin Young along with pitching. Bottom line, I doubt highly the Tigers would end up with him.

Sheffies Chef
01-15-2009, 09:17 PM
Young is off the trading market. Decided to comply with Texas' wishes of making him their 3b man.

What all this was originally about was Young didn't want to be the 3b man, but they got him convinced now.