PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James Madden

x45x
01-14-2009, 01:35 PM
what up fellas, just had an interesting argument with a friend. But would be the agreed atributes LeBron would have in madden? Calvin Johnson is a 6'5 230 with 95 speed/70+ strenght . I know Bron is bigger/faster and stronger. So point is what would that make Bron? like 110 overall 98/99 speed 90 strength? My god 6'8 270 he could play DE.

D-Raw127
01-14-2009, 01:59 PM
scary thought, hed be the best madden player since michael vick :-P

BTownTeamsRKing
01-14-2009, 02:09 PM
how do u know lebron can run routes like calvin or catch a football in stride like Calvin and other NFL WRs. Ben Watson is freaken huge and fast, but he cant catch. vernon davis is a freak athlete and he isnt a 110 overall.

as for his speed, how fast would he be in pads?
ill say 95 speed and 80 strength

110 overall? haha

pacofunk64
01-14-2009, 02:12 PM
No way...I'd say he is a 90 for speed at the most. I honestly cant see him being any faster than a Hester, AP, D. Hall. My guess is he would be a 80-90 depends on what position. TE would probably be his best spot followed by WR & DE. Either way he would be pretty good.

madiaz3
01-14-2009, 03:41 PM
He probably would have built his body much differently had he gone into football instead. He'd still be good now for it, but not nearly as good had he committed from the start.

Wilson
01-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Didn't we have a thread like this a couple of days ago?

Also, wouldn't the best comparison be Antonio Gates?

x45x
01-14-2009, 03:50 PM
how do u know lebron can run routes like calvin or catch a football in stride like Calvin and other NFL WRs. Ben Watson is freaken huge and fast, but he cant catch. vernon davis is a freak athlete and he isnt a 110 overall.

110 overall? haha

what? have you ever watched LB play? Umm.. dude its called athletic ability, its called being coached. You telln me Lebron is stupid and cant learn rout running? Wow! what a hater. If Bron study and train like he does Basketball, nevermind, not even worth it. And this was hypethetical question anyway. Just fantasy about atributes in a video game. LOL there is no comparison between calvin watson and davis. not even close. hell, if he trained in MMA nevermind.

bartlett2266
01-14-2009, 03:54 PM
he would be a great tight end great size and hands

phils07
01-14-2009, 04:10 PM
i bring this up periodically with my friends, and the ones that live for da NFL say that he would not translate. but the physics of it dont make sense for him to not succeed. ok, thats a confusing sentence, but heres what it means: hes 6-9, 270, has the best hands, and is a bruiser, and played high school football. he says he regrets not playing in his senior year of high school cuz he loves football.

i love basketball lebron. frankly, i think he would be good at football as well. he would be a much better version of randy moss. u guys cite route running, which he could probably do very well, but at some point his combination of size skill and athleticism would just be too much for a ****ing cornerback who is 5'11''. lebron has a 40 inch vert. like lets say we were inside the 30. u throw up a jumpball fade route deal...its a touchdown every single time in my opinion. i havent heard a decent argument to counteract the logic of it. 6-9, 270, 40 inch vert, great hands. icy. he would break every record for touchdowns, not necessarily yards.

ramsizzle
01-14-2009, 04:11 PM
ill tell u now that lebron isnt running a 4.38 like calvin did at his combine, and he may be big and strong for the nba....but hes just another player in the nfl....theirs plenty of guys who are freaks at the dline....guys like mario williams and tuck etc....

Rome
01-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Haha hester is 100 speed on that game. Bron would be like 90. Strength like 79. Tight end, overall lebron James=84

younggunn113
01-14-2009, 04:56 PM
what? have you ever watched LB play? Umm.. dude its called athletic ability, its called being coached. You telln me Lebron is stupid and cant learn rout running? Wow! what a hater. If Bron study and train like he does Basketball, nevermind, not even worth it. And this was hypethetical question anyway. Just fantasy about atributes in a video game. LOL there is no comparison between calvin watson and davis. not even close. hell, if he trained in MMA nevermind.

This is the worst arguement ive seen. You continually call people out on your post. You can't "learn" how to run routes. You can practice, but even then some people are naturally better better at it than others. As much as you practice some things just come better naturally to others. Reggie Wayne is the perfect example, he's not too fast but still gets open. His speed wouldnt be higher than Calvin Johnson's either. Maybe outside of pads, but in pads is completely different. Theres also game speed compared to 40 times. Online it says Lebron runs a 4.6 40 at 250 pounds where as hes closer to 275 now so his time would probably be slower.

And just cause you're big doesnt mean you can fight. Even if you train for MMA doesnt mean it will pan out

LA_Raiders
01-14-2009, 06:25 PM
lol, thats stupid, LeBroom is not faster than CJ. Come On...

What's up with these threads now a days.....

ARMIN12NBA
01-14-2009, 06:45 PM
How do we know Lebron can take NFL sized hits? I mean, he sat out 7 games last year for a slightly sprained pinky on his non-shooting hand. He isn't very tough. I doubt he would last in the NFL.

Boozerguy47
01-14-2009, 06:54 PM
How do we know Lebron can take NFL sized hits? I mean, he sat out 7 games last year for a slightly sprained pinky on his non-shooting hand. He isn't very tough. I doubt he would last in the NFL.

Haha wow. You call him a wimp for not wanting to aggravate an injury. Plus, his team was already in decent shape (record wise), so there wasn't any real need for him to play.

Gro_Da_Fro_Back
01-14-2009, 07:10 PM
LeBRON is faster than Calvin Johnson??? WTF!?

chicagowhitesox
01-14-2009, 07:17 PM
ummmmmmmmmm actually no calvin johnson is much faster than lebron james. and probably stronger. lebron would most likely get injured in the nfl and probably has terrible hands. but he would be an unstoppable redzone guy.

x45x
01-14-2009, 07:38 PM
This is the worst arguement ive seen. You continually call people out on your post. You can't "learn" how to run routes. You can practice, but even then some people are naturally better better at it than others. As much as you practice some things just come better naturally to others. Reggie Wayne is the perfect example, he's not too fast but still gets open. His speed wouldnt be higher than Calvin Johnson's either. Maybe outside of pads, but in pads is completely different. Theres also game speed compared to 40 times. Online it says Lebron runs a 4.6 40 at 250 pounds where as hes closer to 275 now so his time would probably be slower.

And just cause you're big doesnt mean you can fight. Even if you train for MMA doesnt mean it will pan out

OK, so all the millions of people who r in school, they're just practicing? But not learning? So i can practice math, but i cant learn math? Wow, good try!
And one more thing, c Brock Lesnar. Watch his little love tap on Randy. Yeah doesnt take much. Raw power sometimes, let me repeat SOMETIMES, is all you need. Put it this way, can a 12 yr old 100lbs boy beat a grown man up? I dont care if he knows super Kung Fu, its not going to happen. Maybe to you, i dont know.

x45x
01-14-2009, 07:42 PM
one more thing, about Reggie Wayne, c Peyton Manning, he might just have something to do with that. I dont know

astrosmaniac
01-14-2009, 08:03 PM
OK, so all the millions of people who r in school, they're just practicing? But not learning? So i can practice math, but i cant learn math? Wow, good try!
And one more thing, c Brock Lesnar. Watch his little love tap on Randy. Yeah doesnt take much. Raw power sometimes, let me repeat SOMETIMES, is all you need. Put it this way, can a 12 yr old 100lbs boy beat a grown man up? I dont care if he knows super Kung Fu, its not going to happen. Maybe to you, i dont know.

no he specifically said "route running" it takes natural skill to be able to stop on a dime, turn, catch a ball, and then try to beat your defender down the field. math and football are two totally different things. and yes i have seen 10 year olds who know tae-kwon-do beat up full grown men. its not that hard if you know what your doing

cmellofan15
01-14-2009, 08:16 PM
I wonder what Earl Boykins would be in Madden, he can bench like 300 lbs and he's short. Maybe he could be Maurice Jones-Drew! :dance2:

ARMIN12NBA
01-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Haha wow. You call him a wimp for not wanting to aggravate an injury. Plus, his team was already in decent shape (record wise), so there wasn't any real need for him to play.

Pretty much.

Cavs_Fan24
01-14-2009, 09:36 PM
He could probably play most positions in the NFL, and he could've had a future in the NFL as a WR but chose to play basketball instead, and so far, it's been the better decisin IMO.

But it is pretty scary thinking about how great he could've been in the NFL.

LeBrowns
01-15-2009, 02:12 AM
LeBron would be a quicker Antonio Gates

theimortalone
01-15-2009, 02:15 AM
What is the point of this thread? :confused: :shrug:

oshea225
01-15-2009, 02:17 AM

110 overall? haha

being an all state wide receiver as a sophomore in high school is the first clue

Mickey Mantle
01-15-2009, 02:27 AM
lmao lbj isn't as fast as clavin johnson.

ARMIN12NBA
01-15-2009, 02:34 AM
being an all state wide receiver as a sophomore in high school is the first clue

Key words are in bold.

Mickey Mantle
01-15-2009, 02:37 AM
man i saw him play football in high school and real talk he was good cuz of his size when your his size playing in the smaller d3 school you have like guys that are 5'7 on him lmao mario manningham was a better football player at the wr pos in highschool in ohio mario and mike doss beat teams by there selves bron was good but it was just like ever now and then throw it up to the 6'7 guy and brons qb was horrible. point is his height is only thing that made him stand out in football. If his goal was to play football though he would be in the pros no question but he wasent a game changer when he did play not like doss and mario

NJrockPD
01-15-2009, 02:45 AM
yes i have seen 10 year olds who know tae-kwon-do beat up full grown men. its not that hard if you know what your doing

Me too, I was watching "3 ninjas" the other day and there were 3 10 year olds kicking ***. It was pretty amazing.

x45x, i think i agree with you but your posts are so poorly written that i'm not sure.

I think your trying to say that you can practice all day but some people are more physically gifted than others. I agree with you there LBJ could pretty much pick a sport out of a hat and dominate it. I think if he were to go to the NFL he would kill as wr or te if he could stay healthy.

SteveNash
01-15-2009, 04:39 AM
LeBron is not faster than Calvin Johnson.

LeBron is strong than Calvin Johnson.

The strength attribute doesn't effect the overall rating for WR very much.

LeBron would probably be 65 or so if he decided to play football right now.