PDA

View Full Version : McCants Question

cKlutcHJ21
01-14-2009, 03:05 AM
Got a quick question. I've been away for a while cuz I've been really busy with school so I don't know if this has been covered yet, but is McCants not playing because he is about to get traded? Last I saw McCants play, he's been playing really well, so I am bewildered by his current lack of opportunities to play.

Rumeye
01-14-2009, 07:07 AM
Is that you Rashad?

WSU Tony
01-14-2009, 10:13 AM
Got a quick question. I've been away for a while cuz I've been really busy with school so I don't know if this has been covered yet, but is McCants not playing because he is about to get traded? Last I saw McCants play, he's been playing really well, so I am bewildered by his current lack of opportunities to play.

Then you don't seem to watch Wolves games with any sort of consistany. :p

I'd give it a 70% chance he's traded before opening day tip-off next year.

Preuss-is-right
01-14-2009, 12:34 PM
He sucks thats why he hasnt been playing. We are trying to trade him but no other team wants him.

topdog
01-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Alright, politically correct time: despite a few very strong performances for the wolves, Rashad has since proven to be very inconsistent and as such has been replaced by Carney who McHale says was, "practicing better." The wolves have been winning and Carney has been playing well (i mean double digits, threes, and swats), therefore it seems the wolves are looking to go in a different direction.

Interesting moment the other night: McCants is shooting his warm-ups from the bench. That's great irony, there.

Oefarmy2005
01-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Then you don't seem to watch Wolves games with any sort of consistany. :p

I'd give it a 70% chance he's traded before opening day tip-off next year.

If McCants doesn't get traded before the deadline, he doesn't get traded at all, since he's an unrestricted free agent this summer, so the wolves will just let him go.

ryguy2k7
01-14-2009, 05:23 PM
McCants is so up and down. One game, he nails 7 threes, the next he scores 2 points and goes something like 1-8. The games we have won haven't, usually, included McCants as a difference maker.

I feel bad for him, because he is a classic wolf (strange to say he is one of the only ones left to have played with KG).

Sport
01-14-2009, 05:41 PM
McCants is so up and down. One game, he nails 7 threes, the next he scores 2 points and goes something like 1-8. The games we have won haven't, usually, included McCants as a difference maker.

I feel bad for him, because he is a classic wolf (strange to say he is one of the only ones left to have played with KG).

Classic Wolf?

From what Ive noticed, his attitude looks ****ty. I hope they trade him at the deadline and atleast get a draft pick or something.

Ive had enough of him, personally.

WSU Tony
01-14-2009, 05:43 PM
We dont' need any more picks this year, maybe it would be for a future pick.

PurpleJesus
01-14-2009, 09:02 PM

if all we could get was a pick i would take it. then we could use that pick as trade bait, it would probably hold more value than rashaad

WSU Tony
01-14-2009, 09:07 PM
That's the thing, trades are made to be EVEN. If picks are worth more than McCants, then a team won't take him for picks. Simple enough.

Sport
01-14-2009, 10:14 PM

I meant 2010, of course.

PurpleJesus
01-14-2009, 11:43 PM
That's the thing, trades are made to be EVEN. If picks are worth more than McCants, then a team won't take him for picks. Simple enough.

we traded a 2nd rounder for a first rounder and carney last year, that doesnt seem even. Trades in the NBA usually arent even

say we traded mccants for a second round pick, then we decided later in the year that we would trade (hypothetically) Mike Miller. In this case, the second rounder would maybe be more valuable to the team we were trading miller to. If we had to package something together we could say here is miller and a second rounder for your player, instead of saying here are 2 struggling SG's with potential.

WSU Tony
01-15-2009, 12:01 AM
we traded a 2nd rounder for a first rounder and carney last year, that doesnt seem even. Trades in the NBA usually arent even

You're taking this out of context. Phili didn't need Carney and might have even thought of dumping him and his salary as a good thing. He might be playing becuase Brewer is down and some here might like him as a player but he's not exactly a guy to build a team around. :p

Along with Carney they also gave us Booth..... The first round pick was a payment to take Booth and Carney is still fairly young but his upside is limited at this point.

Mauersota
01-15-2009, 12:11 AM
You're taking this out of context. Phili didn't need Carney and might have even thought of dumping him and his salary as a good thing. He might be playing becuase Brewer is down and some here might like him as a player but he's not exactly a guy to build a team around. :p

Along with Carney they also gave us Booth..... The first round pick was a payment to take Booth and Carney is still fairly young but his upside is limited at this point.

Everyone has limited potential but if your knocking Carney you should NOT be in favor of drafting DeRozan.

PurpleJesus
01-15-2009, 12:17 AM

how in the world is it taking it out of context, you said trades are even in the NBA, and they arent, i gave you an example, i never said carney was someone to build around. but we got him and a first rounder for a second rounder, that is not an even trade, i dont care how you look at it, i know the sixers were just trying to clear cap room.
We traded a 2nd rounder, and got a first rounder in return (carney as well).

never did i say carney was someone to build around, but clearly this trade was not even.

basketball3553
01-15-2009, 03:16 AM

McHale might be making him earn his playing time. That's what he said he was doing with Love now that he became head coach, and Love is doing good now.