PDA

View Full Version : PISTONS-Currey Starting all 3 Guards-Stuckey-RIP-A.I.

lionsroar172
01-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Apparently Currey is going to start all 3 guards, Rip, Stuckey and A.I. even though he said one of them would start on the bench (http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/DETROIT-MI/WDFN-AM/THREE%20GUARDS%201-13.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=DETROIT-MI&NG_FORMAT=sports&SITE_ID=1128&STATION_ID=WDFN-AM&PCAST_AUTHOR=Sports_Radio_1130_WDFN&PCAST_CAT=sports&PCAST_TITLE=WDFN_-_The_Stoney_and_Wojo_Show).

MiamiHeat
01-13-2009, 06:40 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:speechless:

:faint:

kingjanjic
01-13-2009, 06:55 PM
curry isnt stupid enough to "TRY" to put iverson on the bench, iverson is clearly still a allstar n the best on detriot, clearly stucky is going back to the bench or hamilton if anything

*** detroit anyways, first round knock out for them anyways, wat does it matter, iverson leaving n so is wallace, they gonna be a lottery team next year while they "DREAM" about gettin lebron or bosh or wade or amare or anyone

Duncan = Donkey
01-14-2009, 03:38 AM
iverson should be there 6th man, he can still play 35+min and he'd bring instant scoring off the becnh.

lionsroar172
01-14-2009, 09:54 AM
Exactly! Currey said from the start that Stuckey would be the starting point guard and that Iverson would come in as needed. That's what he said. I agree that it would be hard to bench a superstar like AI, and same with Rip especially because of his long standing career as one of the Pistons' high scorers and a ring. And Stuckey's a good player too.

durtee
01-14-2009, 10:14 AM
curry isnt stupid enough to "TRY" to put iverson on the bench, iverson is clearly still a allstar n the best on detriot, clearly stucky is going back to the bench or hamilton if anything

*** detroit anyways, first round knock out for them anyways, wat does it matter, iverson leaving n so is wallace, they gonna be a lottery team next year while they "DREAM" about gettin lebron or bosh or wade or amare or anyone

A lottery team? They could start their bench and still win enough games to get in the playoffs, at least in the East.

Wilson
01-14-2009, 03:58 PM
I don't think it will help at all. I think Iverson is just the wrong player for them, the chemistry isn't there with him and Rip. It wouldn't work with Iverson and Stuckey because they both need the ball.

Nexus
01-14-2009, 04:03 PM
Trade Rip to the Raptors. JO's contract comes off this year, Iverson at the 2 is ideal.

Stuckey
Iverson
Prince
O'Neal
Rasheed

Could make a run...no?

Calderon
Rip
Moon
Bosh
Bargnani

You'd have to have Detroit throw in a front court player for salary and depth chart purposes.

Wilson
01-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Trade Rip to the Raptors. JO's contract comes off this year, Iverson at the 2 is ideal.

Stuckey
Iverson
Prince
O'Neal
Rasheed

Could make a run...no?

Calderon
Rip
Moon
Bosh
Bargnani

You'd have to have Detroit throw in a front court player for salary and depth chart purposes.

That deal makes absolutely perfect sense for the Raptors, IMO. Rip is a perfect fit in the backcourt with Calderon, and Parker can become a solid 6th man for them.

I don't like it for the Pistons though. Like I said earlier, Stuckey and Iverson both need the ball in their hands, so there won't be any chemistry there. In the front court, both JO and Rasheed have a tendency to play away from the basket, so I don't know how well that would work.

Hopefully they do it though, and it doesn't work out, so some team may be able to convince them to trade Prince for an expiring contract (Say, Lamar Odom? :pray: :p)

Rome
01-14-2009, 04:23 PM
Rip at the SF position? Granted he's 6'7, he's a SG. Iverson off the bench. Maybe 3 guards starting would work, risky but who knows? Their all great scorers.

BkOriginalOne
01-14-2009, 04:25 PM
I am an Allen Iverson fan.
But honestly, I think that he should come off the bench for the pistons.
Iverson is offense. thats it. That spark is best suited for the 6th man role.
With AI in the lineup, their too small to defend. IF hamilton comes off the bench, that almost certainly means that Stuckey will head to the pine, thats unprdocutive.

Stuckey, Rip, Prince, Amir Johnson, Wallace. Nice D oriented sarting lineup.
AI, Afflalo, prince, Maxiel, Mcdyess... This is the 2nd unit that curry needs to play.

Not many NBA teams's benches can matchup with that 2nd unit.

In a reserved role, AI can easile average 22, 6, and 2 spg in about 33mpg.