PDA

View Full Version : Nick Caserio to replace Pioli

Red_Sox_89
01-13-2009, 04:34 PM
No link, just a text from ESPN telling me that Michael Smith reports the Pats will name Caserio VP of player personnel.

BTownTeamsRKing
01-13-2009, 04:35 PM
damn its official

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/01/report_pioli_to.html

futureheisman
01-13-2009, 05:16 PM
at least we still have the best coach in the NFL

BRADY4MVP
01-13-2009, 06:01 PM
at least we still have the best coach in the NFL

pioli was the one guy i was :pray: we didnt lose........

i really think we will feel the effects of this.....maybe not this year...but from now on........

we lost a great football mind

The Intimidator
01-13-2009, 06:49 PM
pioli was the one guy i was :pray: we didnt lose........

i really think we will feel the effects of this.....maybe not this year...but from now on........

we lost a great football mind

Sure, we lost a great football mind, no doubt about that. But don't forget who makes the final call on each and every football personnel decision: Bill Belichick. Although Pioli did a fantastic job while he was here, I'm sure that Caserio will do a fine job replacing him.

chomaru
01-13-2009, 07:02 PM
BB is the man, I have little doubt he was planning for this a couple years ago...

kazzy4080
01-13-2009, 07:05 PM
im a little nervous bout next year with mcdaniels and pioli gone especially since we also lost mangini, weis, and romeo before that. We seem to be getting younger and younger in coaching and personal positions. However, i am going to apply for a job with the pats when i graduate (im a sports media major) and if i get a job i could move up quickly :p

ERLynx
01-14-2009, 11:40 AM
At first I was pretty bummed when I heard this. But along with his great moves in the recent past, the pats have brought in some clunkers. monty biesel anyone? i guess its hit or miss either way, and caserio can pull it off.

The Intimidator
01-14-2009, 12:40 PM
At first I was pretty bummed when I heard this. But along with his great moves in the recent past, the pats have brought in some clunkers. monty biesel anyone? i guess its hit or miss either way, and caserio can pull it off.

Exactly, and don't forget that Caserio has been working under Pioli and studying his every move for the past several years. There really shouldn't be that much of a drop off between Pioli and Caserio.

Wake's Fastball
01-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Caserio's a pretty bright guy, and I'm sure Belichick's going to have a bunch of say on personnel decisions anyways.

The Intimidator
01-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Caserio's a pretty bright guy, and I'm sure Belichick's going to have a bunch of say on personnel decisions anyways.

Right. No matter what Pioli thought about a player, Belichick always had the final word.

TheRedMarauder
01-14-2009, 05:54 PM
Right. No matter what Pioli thought about a player, Belichick always had the final word.

People sometimes forget that it was Belichick who hired Pioli in the first place. I think you guys will be alright.