PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Ratings

SuperDayv
01-13-2009, 12:47 PM
A few questions.
How accurate do you think player ratings in video games are? How are they determined?
Are there any real life sources for accurate player ratings?

DrDEADalready
01-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Have no Idea what your talking about. What game?

SuperDayv
01-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Video games in general

Teeboy1487
01-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Yeah, but which games you are talking about? The basketball games or just other games? If you want to know about nba 2k9 and nba live 2009, I say nba 2k9 is the game to get. The only downside on nba 2k9 is the online play. It lags a lot and it takes forever just to get on a ranked match. Nba live 2009 is improved from last year but their graphics is still not as good as nba 2k9. I know this because a owned nba 2k9 and I played the demo of nba 2k9. If you want to play online a lot I suggest live but the overall better basketball game is nba 2k9.

weebs
01-13-2009, 02:06 PM
lol he is not asking what video game to buy, he's asking who makes the ratings

Kouki_Monstah
01-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Not too accurate... last night playing NBA 2k9, I was the bulls playing against Toronto, and shot clock was expiring... Bosch had the ball, I had him in a double team behind the 3 point line, and he hit it, nothing but net.

Lebron, Kobe, Wade, etc. are all overrated IMHO. These guys are outstanding in real life, but they do get denied too... But it seems like in video games, you can't stop them.

Lebron had 17 blocks on the pro gameplay setting. I mean seriously? It could happen, but not likely.

Mile High Champ
01-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Not too accurate... last night playing NBA 2k9, I was the bulls playing against Toronto, and shot clock was expiring... Bosch had the ball, I had him in a double team behind the 3 point line, and he hit it, nothing but net.

Lebron, Kobe, Wade, etc. are all overrated IMHO. These guys are outstanding in real life, but they do get denied too... But it seems like in video games, you can't stop them.

Lebron had 17 blocks on the pro gameplay setting. I mean seriously? It could happen, but not likely.

Exactly there are flaws.. I played a game last week where i Had 55 points with Kapono, I could not miss but it aint realistic..

DrDEADalready
01-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Yeah. all the good guys are unstoppable. and unrealistic. thats why every one on 2k9 play the cavs lakers miami even J rich on the suns is unstoppable on the game. I played with the Lakers just to see how different they made kobe and had Kobe scoring 81 points in 5 min quarters.

Teeboy1487
01-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Maybe you guys need to stop playing rookie and pro setting and play hall of fame :rolleyes:. Sorry I misunderstood the question, for game ratings go to ign.com or gamespot.com.

weebs
01-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Maybe you guys need to stop playing rookie and pro setting and play hall of fame :rolleyes:. Sorry I misunderstood the question, for game ratings go to ign.com or gamespot.com.

LOL you still don't understand the question. hahahahaha

The Ooh Child
01-13-2009, 03:14 PM

He's asking about the rating system for individual players. Like Kobe's overall rating is like a 96 and his 3 point shot rating is like a 84. (I probably shouldn't have told him)

To answer the question, they are probably just determined by game developers and league affiliates. I really doubt there is some type of authority who manages player video game ratings. For the most part, I've never really had a problem with the actual ratings as I've had with the platform that the ratings run in.

IRUAM #21
01-13-2009, 04:09 PM
They overrated every rookie Rose, Beasley, and Mayo are unstoppable.

MiamiHeat
01-13-2009, 04:25 PM
is a video game... it isn't real life
how accurate do you want it to be? lol
you can dominate with anybody on a video game

I had like 43 points and 24 rebounds with Mark Blount
and in real life he can't rebound, and he completely sucks
and I wish he could be playing like he does in the video game :p

DerekRE_3
01-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Well, when I play with Gerald Wallace, I usually get around 40 points on like 15-18 shooting, with 10 or so rebounds and 8 or 9 steals. But he really is that good so I don't see what unrealistic about that.

Teeboy1487
01-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Oh thats the question. I think the player ratings are not very good. No player should be over 98 and kobe and lebron are.

IRUAM #21
01-13-2009, 05:47 PM
is a video game... it isn't real life
how accurate do you want it to be? lol
you can dominate with anybody on a video game

I had like 43 points and 24 rebounds with Mark Blount
and in real life he can't rebound, and he completely sucks
and I wish he could be playing like he does in the video game :p

Mark Blount is awesome :D

JayW_1023
01-13-2009, 08:36 PM
They are not accurate...they tend to horribly overrate players on high market teams like the Lakers or Knicks.

SuperDayv
01-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Are there any websites that have realistic ratings of players' stats? I think that would be a cool idea.

Do teams actually do this? I remember hearing that in training camps they give ratings to prospects.