PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson Chronicles: Wade travels a lot.

fairandbalanced
01-12-2009, 11:07 PM
"What he's really been able to do is that pick-up move, that the Europeans really have brought in," Jackson said. "We all would consider that a walk move: Pick up the ball, take two steps, that's two and a half steps. And he's been able to get a long distance on that.

http://******.com/src_wiretap_archives/56550/20090112/lakers_jackson_wade_travels_a_lot/

Is Phil really serious? I bet he's worried that Wade outplayed Kobe both times they met. Let's be real, Wade is the best shooting guard in the League.

madiaz3
01-12-2009, 11:09 PM
http://******.com/src_wiretap_archives/56550/20090112/lakers_jackson_wade_travels_a_lot/

Is Phil really serious? I bet he's worried that Wade outplayed Kobe both times they met. Let's be real, Wade is the best shooting guard in the League.

Nope, I don't think that's it.

fairandbalanced
01-12-2009, 11:11 PM
Nope, I don't think that's it.

Kobe is not better than Wade.........even you Laker fans know that by now. You don't outplay someone everytime you met and still say that person is better than you. Can you remind me when Kobe outplayed Wade?

Duncan = Donkey
01-12-2009, 11:17 PM
i dont understand why he would say that, i mean every superstar in the league gets away withh travels including kobe

lakers4sho
01-12-2009, 11:18 PM
LOL Wade did NOT outplay Kobe by any means. For crying out loud, he couldn't score when Kobe was on him. Especially during the 4th, when Kobe came back, Wade was held scoreless.

So I don't know where your argument stemmed upon :shrug:

lakersrock
01-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Try convincing yourself Kobe isn't better when every single person associated with the NBA says Kobe and LeBron are by themselves on top. Seeing that LeBron isn't a SG, I'd say that makes Kobe the best in the league...and even the world.

showtym24
01-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Kobe is not better than Wade.........even you Laker fans know that by now. You don't outplay someone everytime you met and still say that person is better than you. Can you remind me when Kobe outplayed Wade?

Did you watch the game!? Kobe took a diffrent approach to the game cause he actually has a team, he doesnt need to score 40 every night for us too win. And he shut wade down everytime he was in while wade was. Spoelstra said that was the best D he's seen on wade on all year. Kobes better. The best sg in the league wouldn't get hurt every other year and be the back up in the olympics.

GspLAL
01-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Wade outplayed Kobe? I bet you didnt even watch the game and you're just saying what your dumbass friends told you huh.

JIDsanity
01-12-2009, 11:21 PM
It's the truth. Wade gets away with a lot of stuff.

madiaz3
01-12-2009, 11:24 PM
I'm not even a Laker fan. I'm impartial but I've already seen enough of your posts and threads that you really fish for anything to put down Kobe.

JIDsanity
01-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Kobe is better man, don't lie to yourself

SteveNash
01-12-2009, 11:29 PM

Ben Gordon > Wade

Jay22Redd
01-12-2009, 11:32 PM
He cant stop Wade

soundjunkies2
01-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Is Phil really serious? I bet he's worried that Wade outplayed Kobe both times they met. Let's be real, Wade is the best shooting guard in the League.[/QUOTE]

Phil doesnt care who played the best or who the best player is,as long as his team plays well and wins thats all he cares about.

cwilson21
01-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Kobe eats Wade for breakfast and yes Wade travels a lot... along with every other star in the NBA.

SwaggaIke
01-12-2009, 11:39 PM
I guess Phil is pissed because his boys damn near lost the season series to a team they are clearly superior to.

ARMIN12NBA
01-12-2009, 11:42 PM
Wade outplayed Kobe? Kobe dominated Wade defensively last game. Even Spoelstra, the Heat coach, acknowledged that fact. Wade could barely get the ball and shot an awful percentage when Kobe was guarding him. Wade did ALL his damage when Kobe sat down. Not to mention that Wade needed help from a double-team to contain Kobe. Kobe had a lot of open shots, but he couldn't knock some down. It happens. Wade was literally shut down by Bryant. Kobe played great ball denial defense on him.

Lost Art
01-12-2009, 11:44 PM

Wade is great, but you can have him. I'll take Kobe any day of the week. The only thing that Wade is better at than Kobe is passing.........and I'm not really sure that's an accurate statement. The triangle offense doesn't have one guy handling the ball 99% of the time so everybody shares in the playmaking opportunities........where as most guys with gaudy assist totals have a team where they handle the ball on every play. With the Lakers the ball moves through the air and everyone gets decent assist numbers.

Lakersho
01-12-2009, 11:46 PM
you have bumbed you say wades better... nuf said !!!

Lost Art
01-12-2009, 11:48 PM
He cant stop Wade

He pretty much shut him down yesterday. Wade scored virtually all of his points when Kobe was on the bench or when Kobe was rubbed off on a pick. When Kobe is motivated, he might just be the best perimeter defender in the NBA.

fishfan79
01-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Ehhh foolishness no more then kobe, lebron or 90% of the players in the nba since DR J have been traveling

It is how phil got those rings on his fingers thanks to mike traveling all the time

as for wade vs kobe both amazing players, if in playoffs either one are the two players I want over any other in the nba. There isnt a wrong answer there

kntresistheheat
01-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Phill is just running out of players to pick on his team, now he has to go around the league to pick on:rolleyes:.....Phil is great coach but he is no comedian

IRUAM #21
01-13-2009, 12:00 AM
Ben Gordon > Wade

Rondo >>>>>> Nash

kntresistheheat
01-13-2009, 12:01 AM
:rolleyes: Your not even worth arguing with, you always put the dumbest post and you have the worst opinions!!!!

Ben Gordon > Wade

Lost Art
01-13-2009, 12:06 AM
Phill is just running out of players to pick on his team, now he has to go around the league to pick on:rolleyes:.....Phil is great coach but he is no comedian

No, he still picks on our players. After the last game he said that Sasha Vujacic had, and I quote, "no brain". He also gave Bynum a hard time after yesterdays game for not rebounding, despite putting up 24 points and having a game winning tip. Phil is pretty much a total A-hole. Its a good thing that we locked Bynum up with a long term contract, because if we didn't I'm pretty sure he would've left after this season after all of the crap that Phil has put him through. I'm pretty certain that Bynum would be a 20+ppg player on just about any other team in the league. He's got all of the skills, but Phil is still only giving him bench player minutes and never draws up any plays for him.

gcoll
01-13-2009, 12:11 AM
They stopped calling traveling like....10 years ago.

Except for the foot shuffle.

Teeboy1487
01-13-2009, 12:13 AM
Wade is not better than kobe. I am sick of some fans who think lebron and wade is better. All because they there young and good doesn't mean they are better than kobe. Why don't some of you guys get a clue and quick watching they game out of your *****.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-13-2009, 12:25 AM
I believe this article says what happened last night.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime

Wade scored a total of 8 points while Kobe guarded him. He had two different scoring sprees of 7 points each time while Kobe was on the bench. Kobe is the only one on the Lakers that would even be able to stay with Wade so he took the responsibility to guard a fantastic player like Wade and did a great job.

Wade took the challenge, kind of in the first half. Seeing as how they doubled Kobe every time he touched the ball. Kobe guarded Wade one on one and shut him down. Kobe is still the best perimeter defender in the league when he wants to be. He did the same thing to Michael Redd earlier in the year. That is why he is still the best player in the NBA

still1ballin
01-13-2009, 12:32 AM

So if Kevin Durant outplays Wade in a game or two, does that make him better then Wade?

cahawk
01-13-2009, 12:37 AM
Phil is always trying to get in someone's head. Phil is always trying to gain an advantage.

I will listen to Phil when he starts reporting on kobe's traveling.
Stars get away with more & some traveling but kobe's travels for several years have made the NBA a joke.

Come on, you just can't have a player jumping up with the ball and then coming back down before passing or shooting. And often we hear announcers talking about the amazing shot or hang time....
replay it in slow motion, stop it with kobe's foot back on ground and ball still in his hands.
I've done this enough times to know it isn't just a missed call by a ref, it is being allowed & kobe is taking advantage of it not being called.

shizzle09
01-13-2009, 12:47 AM
Are you fools serious? I'm all about sports cards and fantasy sports and have been for 20 years so I know my shiat because the money i make depends on it and my leagues do as well. Wade is by far the better player this year. You can say what you want but if you put Wade in Kobe's spot you'd have just as many wins. Kobe is a baller by far and top 3 in the league but this year he is not better than Wade just like he wasnt in Bejing. How biased can you clowns be? Give credit where credit is due and just acknowledge that Wade is the co-mvp at this point of the season. And stop with the b.s about Kobe owning Wade because you can just look at the box scores and actually watch the games to see that Wade has owned Kobe every time they play. no exaggeration

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-13-2009, 12:53 AM
Are you fools serious? I'm all about sports cards and fantasy sports and have been for 20 years so I know my shiat because the money i make depends on it and my leagues do as well. Wade is by far the better player this year. You can say what you want but if you put Wade in Kobe's spot you'd have just as many wins. Kobe is a baller by far and top 3 in the league but this year he is not better than Wade just like he wasnt in Bejing. How biased can you clowns be? Give credit where credit is due and just acknowledge that Wade is the co-mvp at this point of the season. And stop with the b.s about Kobe owning Wade because you can just look at the box scores and actually watch the games to see that Wade has owned Kobe every time they play. no exaggeration

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You lost all credibility right there dude. And only on your second post. It usually takes people a lot longer in their post count to lose all respect. Congrats on that though.

Your problem is that you dont watch the games. You catch the box score the next morning on your computer. Kobe's obvious defensive superiority and the fact that he still can get great stats on a stacked team shows that he is the best player in the world. Plus the fact that pretty much every game he is getting doubled as soon as he touches the ball. From the perimeter!!!! No player in the league sees doubles on a nightly basis 23 feet from the rim. But you would not know that cause your computer did not tell you. :rolleyes:

ARMIN12NBA
01-13-2009, 12:56 AM

How did Wade own Kobe when he could only muster up 8 points on him with an awful FG%?

cwilson21
01-13-2009, 12:57 AM

Sig-worthy material.

jeter_swallows8
01-13-2009, 12:59 AM
all nba stars with their "patented moves" travel. Not saying every one or every time but im a huge celtics fan and ive seen garnett called for a travel with his move and i completly agree with it

Lakersfan2483
01-13-2009, 01:09 AM

Was this thread really necesarry, do we have to revisit this issue again? Dunleavy said the same thing about Wade, it's up to the officials to call it.

I don't think Phil is worried about Wade supposedly outplaying Kobe, if you would actually study the numbers head to head (over the past 5 yrs), Kobe's team wins more and his scoring, etc. are higher than Wade's.

kingjanjic
01-13-2009, 01:16 AM

lets be real, kobe is the best player on the planet, wade isnt EVEN number 2 and can be debuted if his even number 3,
lets be real, lakers r 30-6 n heat is 19-17
NOW CAN WE BE REAL?

SteveNash
01-13-2009, 01:17 AM
Rondo >>>>>> Nash

Uh his point was that because Wade out performed Kobe head to head (that's questionable) then Wade is automatically better.

Kobe: 28.3 PPG 3.9 RPG 5.5 APG 44.8 FG% 57.1% TS%
Wade: 26.5 PPG 4.0 RPG 6.5 APG 45.2 FG% 54.6% TS%

Doing the same with Gordon gets you:

Gordon: 19.0 PPG 2.4 RPG 3.3 APG 2.2 TO 58.9% TS%
Wade: 19.8 PPG 4.5 RPG 5.2 APG 4.2 TO 50.7% TS%

Lakers4ItAll
01-13-2009, 01:17 AM
Yes Wade travels alot, so does most of the other stars in the league.

And they player who outplays the other is on the winning team at the end of the game.

dre1990
01-13-2009, 01:19 AM
i can see wat he means

shizzle09
01-13-2009, 01:24 AM
If you knew how much I make on sportscards and fantasy leagues maybe you clowns would know. There's a difference between your type that like to drink beer while you watch games on the couch and my type that actually make money off the sport. I have NBA league pass and watch every game so i can to pick up players that are up and coming and possible sleepers. In doing that you tend to know the sport and the players in it. So rip all you like on the sports card comment but it's real. How much do you follow the sport? You sure dont put the time i put in it and that i know. As for Wade/Kobe I'd take either and lose no sleep over it but Wade is on a mission this year to prove he still has it so your seing him at his best.

Duncan = Donkey
01-13-2009, 01:33 AM
Rondo >>>>>> Nash

right???:rolleyes::rolleyes:

PRETTY BIRD!
01-13-2009, 01:34 AM
If you guys even play basketball, you know that that is a travel. When you spin move, for example you spin the ball with your right hand and start with your left foot as your pivot foot, you land with your right foot and either keep on dribbling or go up for the layup. What wade is doing is that he spins, but does a hop with a pivot foot, which counts as your 1st step. Its hard to tell that he actually does a hop, the reason why refs don't call it.

Teeboy1487
01-13-2009, 01:40 AM
If you knew how much I make on sportscards and fantasy leagues maybe you clowns would know. There's a difference between your type that like to drink beer while you watch games on the couch and my type that actually make money off the sport. I have NBA league pass and watch every game so i can to pick up players that are up and coming and possible sleepers. In doing that you tend to know the sport and the players in it. So rip all you like on the sports card comment but it's real. How much do you follow the sport? You sure dont put the time i put in it and that i know. As for Wade/Kobe I'd take either and lose no sleep over it but Wade is on a mission this year to prove he still has it so your seing him at his best. Do you have in HD?

ntat
01-13-2009, 01:41 AM
Did you watch the game!? Kobe took a diffrent approach to the game cause he actually has a team, he doesnt need to score 40 every night for us too win. And he shut wade down everytime he was in while wade was. Spoelstra said that was the best D he's seen on wade on all year. Kobes better. The best sg in the league wouldn't get hurt every other year and be the back up in the olympics.
In all fainess, Wade was by far the best player throughout the olympics, and won the gold for us in the 4th quarter. Wade is fianlly back and healthy so his name and game r up there and being talked about, but Kobe is still the deadliest player in the game. but with all that said, F Kobe.
p.s. If Phil thinks Kobe does not travel, or that he does not get away with elbows, leg kicks, oh and that he does not get every call he is crazy! I once saw a guy get called for hand checking on Kobe, while Kobe was on the bench. and since he was outside the arc, he got three free throws...

QUICKTRADE
01-13-2009, 01:49 AM
why do we need to deal with some idiots attacking players. it doesnt matter who is superior what's big deal is whoever has a better game in all aspect. who was the best team currently? .... that explains...so common sense will answer all questions but for people without common sense then its always gray area in their mind and they tend to divert that by maligning person's credibility.

Lakers4ItAll
01-13-2009, 02:09 AM
That made alot of sense :rolleyes:

If you knew how much I make on sportscards and fantasy leagues maybe you clowns would know. There's a difference between your type that like to drink beer while you watch games on the couch and my type that actually make money off the sport. I have NBA league pass and watch every game so i can to pick up players that are up and coming and possible sleepers. In doing that you tend to know the sport and the players in it. So rip all you like on the sports card comment but it's real. How much do you follow the sport? You sure dont put the time i put in it and that i know. As for Wade/Kobe I'd take either and lose no sleep over it but Wade is on a mission this year to prove he still has it so your seing him at his best.

soundjunkies2
01-13-2009, 02:33 AM
In all fainess, Wade was by far the best player throughout the olympics, and won the gold for us in the 4th quarter. Wade is fianlly back and healthy so his name and game r up there and being talked about, but Kobe is still the deadliest player in the game. but with all that said, F Kobe.
p.s. If Phil thinks Kobe does not travel, or that he does not get away with elbows, leg kicks, oh and that he does not get every call he is crazy! I once saw a guy get called for hand checking on Kobe, while Kobe was on the bench. and since he was outside the arc, he got three free throws...

Im not saying kobe won it for the U.S. but didnt he have his hand in like 15 or so points after spain caught up by creating for himself or others?

NFLNBA
01-13-2009, 02:45 AM
Im not saying kobe won it for the U.S. but didnt he have his hand in like 15 or so points after spain caught up by creating for himself or others?

Wade was huge off the bench but kobe wasnt there to score he asked to guard the other teams best player and thats what he got! Also Kobe did win that game for USA in the fourth against Spain the game was tied when Kobe hit on that 4 point play with 2 min left.

Kobe is better then Wade and this is coming form a Kings fan

When Kobe had to be the guy he ave 35 points a game and tied MJ for most consecitive 40 point games with 8 and also had a 81 point game while taking the Lakers to 7 games against the Suns with Kwame Brown and Smush Parker

Wade is the guy and he is only getting 29 a game and if his team was in the west he would be the 10th seed and miss the playoffs.....that says enough right there!

Kobe plays to get doubled and find the open guy and score when he needs to or when the game is on the line.

LA_Bron
01-13-2009, 03:01 AM
Wade is an amazing player but c'mon, better than Kobe? The most optimistic answer I can give is, at the very least, not yet.

Wade does travel, but so do a lot of superstars (crab dribble, anyone?). Any real Laker fan, or at least a follower of Phil Jackson, knows he just makes comments to play mind games and what not. This is a guy who calls his own players brainless, space cadet, heartless, etc etc.

Again, I absolutely love Wade, but to say he's better because he scored more is ridiculous, narrow minded, and your basketball IQ has to be lower than Kwame Brown.

One thing I'll give to Wade though, is his aggressive shot blocking.

Real question is... why the hell does he spell his name DwYane Wade? Dwy-ane? Really?

Morgan
01-13-2009, 03:22 AM
A lot of Laker fans in here because it's true that Kobe can't stop Wade. Phil's a big baby and he can't take it that Wade beats up on his team. No other coach has ever came out and critized Wade except Phil. He needs to grow up.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-13-2009, 03:31 AM
A lot of Laker fans in here because it's true that Kobe can't stop Wade. Phil's a big baby and he can't take it that Wade beats up on his team. No other coach has ever came out and critized Wade except Phil. He needs to grow up.

Funny, coach Mike Dunlevy had the same complaints about Wade this year alone. And I dont feel like doing any research but I'm pretty sure I have heard other coaches have these very same sentiments in the past.

P.S. Kobe did stop Wade yesterday. Give Wade credit though, he went off while Kobe was on the bench to be able to keep his team close. That was smart of him.

codes238
01-13-2009, 03:32 AM

well actually mike dunleavy has criticized wade too... then again dunleavy is the guy whose current goal is to surpass isiah thomas as the worst coach/gm in the history of the NBA so i dont know if phil wants to be in that company...

the kobe vs wade arguments are really stupid, lebron is the best player in the league right now without a doubt and fro there you can argue anyone from wade to kobe to chris paul to duncan... these arguments are pretty pointless...

codes238
01-13-2009, 03:34 AM
Funny, coach Mike Dunlevy had the same complaints about Wade this year alone. And I dont feel like doing any research but I'm pretty sure I have heard other coaches have these very same sentiments in the past.

P.S. Kobe did stop Wade yesterday. Give Wade credit though, he went off while Kobe was on the bench to be able to keep his team close. That was smart of him.

again you wont find other coaches or players saying this because it never happened and mike dunleavy is the dumbest man in the NBA, the only rason he still has a job is because he has blackmail pictures of donald sterling with a transexual prostitute...

IRUAM #21
01-13-2009, 03:40 AM
Omg yes Wade travels and he gets away with it ok. And im sick of everybody talking about Wade and Kobe they are both great players and i love watching both.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-13-2009, 03:44 AM
Anyways, its not that big of a deal. Not compared to this catastrophe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D9Z1wAwQtM

IRUAM #21
01-13-2009, 03:47 AM
Anyways, its not that big of a deal. Not compared to this catastrophe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D9Z1wAwQtM

Was Stevie Wonder one of the refs ? That's the worst travel ive ever seen.

Master Mind
01-13-2009, 04:47 AM
Whats up with all the hate for D-Wade??? I guess you're not great until people hate right...And for Phil to go out his way just tells me he doesn't like to face great players, he knows a thing or two about great players--He's had top 50 players of all-time all his career...I'm not saying Wade is better than Kobe but you can't deny his game, the guy is awesome...

JJ_JKidd
01-13-2009, 04:56 AM

Best SG in the league, LOL... Kobe was MVP last year remember??? And its Lebron, Kobe 2nd, not Wade who is leading in the MVP discussions...

And Kobe is starting SG in Team USA while Wade is 6th man. If Wade was better then he'll start over Kobe...

So if Kevin Durant outplays Wade in a game or two, does that make him better then Wade?

Haha, precisely.

Just look and see Mr. still1ballin's SIG...

Morgan
01-13-2009, 04:56 AM
well actually mike dunleavy has criticized wade too... then again dunleavy is the guy whose current goal is to surpass isiah thomas as the worst coach/gm in the history of the NBA so i dont know if phil wants to be in that company...

the kobe vs wade arguments are really stupid, lebron is the best player in the league right now without a doubt and fro there you can argue anyone from wade to kobe to chris paul to duncan... these arguments are pretty pointless...

I agree 100% that Lebron is the best player in the league right now easily. Wade and Kobe are both great but, neither of them are even a close 2nd to Lebron as the best player in the NBA and, if Lebron keeps going like this (which he should) I think he'll go down ahead of MJ as the greatest player ever.

Lost Art
01-13-2009, 06:07 AM
Whats up with all the hate for D-Wade??? I guess you're not great until people hate right...And for Phil to go out his way just tells me he doesn't like to face great players, he knows a thing or two about great players--He's had top 50 players of all-time all his career...I'm not saying Wade is better than Kobe but you can't deny his game, the guy is awesome...

Wade is awesome, phenominal even. But I still think that Kobe is the better player. Just because he's not putting up monster numbers this year doesn't mean he's slipping. If you've seen him play lately you'd know that his jumper is looking better than ever. I have no doubt that he could be averaging 35ppg again this season if he wanted to. Hell, even 40. But the Lakers are playing great team ball, winning ball games, and Kobe is playing fewer minutes. It is what it is. With this roster we're not going to see Kobe put up obscene #'s and the triangle offense doesn't put the ball in one players hands as much as other teams. The Lakers are sharing the wealth, and IMO that's a good thing.

.......and even if you are a Heat fan, I refuse to believe that you weren't impressed with Kobe's D on Sunday.

Master Mind
01-13-2009, 06:16 AM
Wade is awesome, phenominal even. But I still think that Kobe is the better player. Just because he's not putting up monster numbers this year doesn't mean he's slipping. If you've seen him play lately you'd know that his jumper is looking better than ever. I have no doubt that he could be averaging 35ppg again this season if he wanted to. Hell, even 40. But the Lakers are playing great team ball, winning ball games, and Kobe is playing fewer minutes. It is what it is. With this roster we're not going to see Kobe put up obscene #'s and the triangle offense doesn't put the ball in one players hands as much as other teams. The Lakers are sharing the wealth, and IMO that's a good thing.

.......and even if you are a Heat fan, I refuse to believe that you weren't impressed with Kobe's D on Sunday.

Kobe's still on top but people act like Wade isn't nipping at his heels for that spot (LeBron can also make a strong case as well)...I always believed that Kobe was and still is one of the best--if not the best man to man defenders in the game, yeah he did a good job on Wade the other night but Wade did also light him up in Miami the first meeting...It goes hand in hand with the elite players, they each have their moments...

Lost Art
01-13-2009, 06:21 AM
Kobe's still on top but people act like Wade isn't nipping at his heels for that spot (LeBron can also make a strong case as well)...I always believed that Kobe was and still is one of the best--if not the best one on one defenders in the game, yeah he did a good job on Wade the other night but Wade did also light him up in Miami the first meeting...It goes hand in hand with the elite players, they each have their moments...

Very true, with players like Kobe, Wade, and Lebron it is usually up to them whether or not they have a big night. When you can make every shot in the book and can create your own shot at will, its really just a matter of whether or not their shot is falling that night.

And yeah, I'd say Kobe, Wade, and Lebron are pretty much at the same level these days. And the time will come when Kobe starts to slow down........but not yet. IMO he's playing as efficient as he ever has, he is just stepping back and letting his teammates flourish.........which is exactly what he should be doing. Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess :shrug:

TMAC94
01-13-2009, 06:23 AM
everyone travels

Brooke
01-13-2009, 08:28 AM

Wrong. Kobe did stop Wade, Wade didnt start to go off until Kobe went on the bench, he was all over him. The Heat coach even complimented him on his defense on Wade. Nice try

Brooke
01-13-2009, 08:32 AM

Nope that isnt it and no he isnt the best shooting guard in the game, that is still Kobe. Just because someone leads the lead in scoring doesnt make them the best in the game, it is the intangibles

Morgan
01-13-2009, 08:51 AM
Kobe's still on top but people act like Wade isn't nipping at his heels for that spot (LeBron can also make a strong case as well)...I always believed that Kobe was and still is one of the best--if not the best man to man defenders in the game, yeah he did a good job on Wade the other night but Wade did also light him up in Miami the first meeting...It goes hand in hand with the elite players, they each have their moments...

What are you soft? Lebron is on top and, Wade and Kobe aren't even a close 2nd. Lebron is the most dominating player in basketball right now easily and maybe even all time. 31 of the 32 coaches in the NBA would take Lebron over Kobe or Wade. That's a no brainer. Lebron is only 24 and he's already better than Kobe ever was. That's crazy to say Kobe's on top and Wade and Lebron are behind him. No basketball IQ whatsoever.

Zefflin
01-13-2009, 09:00 AM
You're clueless.

forum199
01-13-2009, 09:24 AM
Wade is an amazing player and he might be more "explosive" than Kobe (who's logged 12 seasons in the NBA), but Kobe is far more skilled and fundamental. Kobe's moves are designed to get him space for his J, and if you take that away, then he will drive on you. Wade just looks to attack the basket on every possession, which is why you see his explosiveness and speed more often (and thus, he looks unstoppable). The funny thing is Wade is already way more injury-prone than Kobe is despite being 5-6 years younger. So either Kobe is more durable (which he is, he's way bigger than Wade) or he is more skilled so that he doesn't have to get beat up all game by going to the well too much (driving). Kobe can drive all game and be unstoppable when he doesn't have to worry about his teammates. He's done that, and he averaged 35 a game. Then all he got was crap for how bad his team was, even though they were a playoff team in the west. Wade's team sucks now, and everyone just goes nuts over how dominant he is. Just accept that Kobe will always his "haters" and you guys will try really hard to prove how mortal he is. Kobe plays more than any other player in the NBA every year and he is the one who just keeps enduring and dominating. If you watched the Lakers-Heat game, you would probably realize that Kobe is worth a ton of wide open looks for Radmanovic, Vujacic, and Fisher. Look at how ridiculous their 3 point shooting is, and that is because of the only and only Kobe Bryant.

younggunn113
01-13-2009, 10:32 AM

You're right, Wade outplayed Kobe. Why dont you check out his numbers when Kobe guarded him?

Or what Erik Spoelstra said: "I've never seen anybody pick up Dwyane 90 feet like that.We have not seen denials like that all year long."

It's not all about individual stats, Kobe doesn't have to go out and score 35 a game for us to win, thats why were 30-6 and you guys are 19-17. We've been there. I've seen Kobe AVERAGE 35 points a game and what did it get us? A first round elimination. Do you know how unbelievable 35 PPG is? He's scored 81. None of that ever got us anywhere, so if you want to believe Wade outplayed Kobe thats fine, but the Lakers got the win and thats all that matters. Stats only tell half the story. Im sure Phil doesnt care about how Wade's playing either. Do you think he'd really get mad and come out and say something over Wade? Lets be real, the man has 9 rings he doesnt care if one guy "outplayed" Kobe.

Wade will end the season averaging prob about 30 PPG, the heat will hover around .500 and youll have a first round playoff exit. We've seen it time and time again with Kobe, enjoy it...its not frustrating at all :rolleyes:

chicagowhitesox
01-13-2009, 12:37 PM
yeah wade travels all the time and gets phantom fouls called in his favor

lakerboy
01-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Stop the ****ing Wade Kobe arguments. We're going to be ****ing NBA champions and you can kiss Kobe's *** this June :)

fairandbalanced
01-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Wade outplayed Kobe? Kobe dominated Wade defensively last game. Even Spoelstra, the Heat coach, acknowledged that fact. Wade could barely get the ball and shot an awful percentage when Kobe was guarding him. Wade did ALL his damage when Kobe sat down. Not to mention that Wade needed help from a double-team to contain Kobe. Kobe had a lot of open shots, but he couldn't knock some down. It happens. Wade was literally shut down by Bryant. Kobe played great ball denial defense on him.

Really?

I guess when Wade scores 27 points, 9 assists, 2 stl and 2 blk shots........that's a great defensive job by Kobe.

Wade was on Kobe all day at his own crib, the man managed to score... 19 points, 7 assists, 0 stls, 0 blks..........he is indeed better than Wade.

fairandbalanced
01-13-2009, 02:10 PM
You're right, Wade outplayed Kobe. Why dont you check out his numbers when Kobe guarded him?

Or what Erik Spoelstra said: "I've never seen anybody pick up Dwyane 90 feet like that.We have not seen denials like that all year long."

It's not all about individual stats, Kobe doesn't have to go out and score 35 a game for us to win, thats why were 30-6 and you guys are 19-17. We've been there. I've seen Kobe AVERAGE 35 points a game and what did it get us? A first round elimination. Do you know how unbelievable 35 PPG is? He's scored 81. None of that ever got us anywhere, so if you want to believe Wade outplayed Kobe thats fine, but the Lakers got the win and thats all that matters. Stats only tell half the story. Im sure Phil doesnt care about how Wade's playing either. Do you think he'd really get mad and come out and say something over Wade? Lets be real, the man has 9 rings he doesnt care if one guy "outplayed" Kobe.

Wade will end the season averaging prob about 30 PPG, the heat will hover around .500 and youll have a first round playoff exit. We've seen it time and time again with Kobe, enjoy it...its not frustrating at all :rolleyes:

If you cannot guard someone, why won't you deny him the ball 90 feet away? Someone that is on you 90 feet away proves they're scared of you.

younggunn113
01-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Really?

I guess when Wade scores 27 points, 9 assists, 2 stl and 2 blk shots........that's a great defensive job by Kobe.

Wade was on Kobe all day at his own crib, the man managed to score... 19 points, 7 assists, 0 stls, 0 blks..........he is indeed better than Wade.

Check how many of those points where when Kobe wasnt in the game..

Wade, whose services were needed to both initiate and finish for the Heat on offense, only reciprocated the star-guarding duties in the first half. He scored 27 points -- more than half while Bryant was out of the game -- and had nine assists.

It wasn't a coincidence that Wade went on a mini-spree in the second quarter, checking into the game and scoring seven points in less than a minute while Bryant was on the bench. Bryant came back in and held Wade to two more points until halftime.

Wade was at it again in the fourth quarter, with another minute-long seven-point outburst in the fourth quarter while Bryant was out.

Indeed, once Bryant returned, Wade didn't score again in the final seven minutes.

(http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-090112)

Those 27 dont seem too impressive anymore...and he only covered Kobe for the first half..Have fun going .500 and exiting in the first round..

Kobe>Wade ....thanks for playing

fairandbalanced
01-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Check how many of those points where when Kobe wasnt in the game..

Wade, whose services were needed to both initiate and finish for the Heat on offense, only reciprocated the star-guarding duties in the first half. He scored 27 points -- more than half while Bryant was out of the game -- and had nine assists.

It wasn't a coincidence that Wade went on a mini-spree in the second quarter, checking into the game and scoring seven points in less than a minute while Bryant was on the bench. Bryant came back in and held Wade to two more points until halftime.

Wade was at it again in the fourth quarter, with another minute-long seven-point outburst in the fourth quarter while Bryant was out.

Indeed, once Bryant returned, Wade didn't score again in the final seven minutes.

(http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-090112)

Those 27 dont seem too impressive anymore...and he only covered Kobe for the first half..Have fun going .500 and exiting in the first round..

Kobe>Wade ....thanks for playing

Yea, go get some more analysts review.........the people you're quoting did not even watch the game, I did. When Kobe was back in game, Lakers were up 7, Miami went ahead 2 minutes later. Wade shut down Kobe, or will you give Cook the credit for Kobe's 5 of 14 shooting? Laker fans, be truthful, and the truth shall set you free. Kobe had his time, I remember 3years ago, he was compared to Tracy McGrady........would you ever compare Wade to TMAC? Hell naw.......he's 15 million light years ahead of TMAC. Stop comparing Wade and Kobe. Micheal Redd and Kobe comparison makes more sense at this point.

NYMetros
01-13-2009, 04:08 PM
Wade outplayed Kobe? I bet you didnt even watch the game and you're just saying what your dumbass friends told you huh.

I saw the 2nd half. Wade did indeed outplay Kobe. Kobe had too many turnovers in key situations. Wade almost shot 50% from the field. Kobe shot about 33% from the field. Wade also had more assists and steals.

younggunn113
01-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Yea, go get some more analysts review.........the people you're quoting did not even watch the game, I did. When Kobe was back in game, Lakers were up 7, Miami went ahead 2 minutes later. Wade shut down Kobe, or will you give Cook the credit for Kobe's 5 of 14 shooting? Laker fans, be truthful, and the truth shall set you free. Kobe had his time, I remember 3years ago, he was compared to Tracy McGrady........would you ever compare Wade to TMAC? Hell naw.......he's 15 million light years ahead of TMAC. Stop comparing Wade and Kobe. Micheal Redd and Kobe comparison makes more sense at this point.

You're really just looking to get Laker fans mad or frustrated and youre not really getting the response youre looking for...We know the truth, and we know that the Lakers will be playing come June and Wade will be at home. When the game was on the line Wade drove and Kobe knocked the ball loose. Believe what you want, Wade is awesome he is, but he's not Kobe and never will be. Kobe is also still compared to Jordan and is basically crowned the 2nd best SG ever already at 30. You're arguments are pretty funny though, its nice to see someone in the forums with a sense of humor :rolleyes:

MiamiHeat
01-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Wade travels but what superstar doesn't?

But Lebron takes the cake when it comes to traveling or should I say "Crab dribbling"

Master Mind
01-13-2009, 04:38 PM
What are you soft? Lebron is on top and, Wade and Kobe aren't even a close 2nd. Lebron is the most dominating player in basketball right now easily and maybe even all time. 31 of the 32 coaches in the NBA would take Lebron over Kobe or Wade. That's a no brainer. Lebron is only 24 and he's already better than Kobe ever was. That's crazy to say Kobe's on top and Wade and Lebron are behind him. No basketball IQ whatsoever.

What are you blind or stupid, or just blind and stupid? Get the :censored: out of here...Kobe's still the man dikc wad, and Lebron and D-Wade are at his neck...Yeah the combination of Lebron's physique and athleticism makes him a dominating figure but the guy's jumper is no where near Kobe's or Wade's for that fact...And to say he's already better than Kobe ever was speaks volumes of your basketball IQ, maybe you just like hanging on Lebron's jock strap when he dunks and enjoy the feeling of his nuts bouncing off your forehead...:eyebrow:

Hawkeye15
01-13-2009, 04:47 PM
well, I will agree at this point, Wade is as good. But Wade needs to get those stats and Kobe doesnt anymore, so don't let stats fool you. LeBron is now above them both, maybe. But Kobe and Wade are on even playing ground
And Phil says this stuff all the time, just to get it in the refs mind. Nothing wrong with that. Kobe's upfake, then diving into the defensive player is a move too that isn't exactly of basketball etiquitte

Lakersfan2483
01-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Really?

Who won the game on Sunday? Who cares about stats, it's all about wins and losses and the lakers are 30-6 on the year... The Heat's head coach praised Kobe's effort defensively, there is no denying Kobe played good defense on Sunday. Wade scored in the beginning of the 4th quarter (when Kobe was on the bench), Kobe enters the game, and Wade didn't score during crunch time. I am not saying Kobe can stop D. Wade, but he did a great job of defending him on sunday, Kobe wasn't worried about scoring, he was worried about getting the "WIN" and that is what matters.....

*You clearly didn't watch the 4th quarter, Shawn Marion was the primary defender on Kobe. Also, Kobe was doubled after crossing half court, but I guess you missed that.... So, you can stop with that garbage that Wade guarded Kobe the "entire" game.

Lakersfan2483
01-13-2009, 06:21 PM

Kobe just won the MVP last year, and is shooting close to .50pct this year , and averaging 27 a game on the best team in the league, so what are you talking about?? Sounds like a "hater" to me. Kobe's game has not slipped at all, he's been averaging over 30 a game these past 10 plus games and shooting over .50pct, but the more important thing is the Lakers are 30-6 with the top record in the league.

MickeyMgl
01-13-2009, 06:36 PM

Is Phil really serious?

Probably.

I bet he's worried that Wade outplayed Kobe both times they met.

Hmmm. Are you only counting stats? With the Lakers getting points elsewhere, Kobe focused on defense (as he did for the Olympic team). I don't think it was part of Wade's plan to go scoreless in the last 7 minutes of a close game, was it?... coinciding, by the way, with Kobe's return to the game. Wade scored points against other defenders. Kobe put him on lockdown down the stretch, which enabled the Lakers to get the win.

Let's be real, Wade is the best shooting guard in the League.

I thought you said "let's be real".

fairandbalanced
01-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Hmmm. Are you only counting stats?

Whew, this is gotta be the 1st season Kobe lovers are not counting stats. Isn't that what you have been using fir your Kobe argument since he's been in the league? All of a sudden, stats are not important.

lakers4sho
01-13-2009, 07:47 PM
If you cannot guard someone, why won't you deny him the ball 90 feet away? Someone that is on you 90 feet away proves they're scared of you.

:laugh:

This statement made me laugh.

soundjunkies2
01-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Micheal Redd and Kobe comparison makes more sense at this point.

hahahahahah :laugh:

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-13-2009, 08:31 PM
hahahahahah :laugh:

The real funny part is the dudes name is "fair and balanced" :laugh::laugh2:

ARMIN12NBA
01-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Really?

It is when only 8 points came on Kobe...He could NOT score on Kobe whatsoever. Even Wade and Spoelstra acknowledged that fact after the game.

ARMIN12NBA
01-13-2009, 10:26 PM
The real funny part is the dudes name is "fair and balanced" :laugh::laugh2:

:laugh:

camador22
01-14-2009, 12:21 AM
I think the last time Kobe outplayed Wade was when Wade was a rookie. Wade's the best player in the league with Lebron close behind. Kobe's third right after Lebron. Kobe's an amazing player but Laker fans are blind to even think Kobe's in the same league as Wade.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-14-2009, 12:29 AM
I think the last time Kobe outplayed Wade was when Wade was a rookie. Wade's the best player in the league with Lebron close behind. Kobe's third right after Lebron. Kobe's an amazing player but Laker fans are blind to even think Kobe's in the same league as Wade.

Look on this page guys, I found another one!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

still1ballin
01-14-2009, 12:32 AM

:pity:

da wood
01-14-2009, 12:33 AM

first and for most your sig is classic

da wood
01-14-2009, 12:38 AM
Ben Gordon > Wade

i get what your getting at because gordan outplays wade everytime they play

GspLAL
01-14-2009, 12:40 AM
Stop comparing Wade and Kobe. Micheal Redd and Kobe comparison makes more sense at this point.

Grats you fail big time, and you just got sig'd.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-14-2009, 12:42 AM
Grats you fail big time, and you just got sig'd.

You have to put the author of that beauty. Were those the magical words of fairandbalanced?

kingjanjic
01-14-2009, 12:42 AM

i dunno but can u remind me when wade was ever considerd the best player on the planet?

can u remind me when wade scored over 80, can u remind me when wade lead his team to 31-6?

come on man, dont tell me wade is better then kobe, kobe dosnt have to try as hard to make his team win while wade has to score 30 n have 7 assists to win, that dont make him better, all that shows is that his team sucks dick

Lost Art
01-14-2009, 12:45 AM
Really?

Wade only guarded Kobe in the first half..........and they were throwing double and triple teams at him every time he touched the ball where as Kobe guarded Wade every second that he was on the floor and played him straight up. The Heats strategy was obviously to take the ball out of Kobe's hands and make the rest of the team beat them........and luckily the rest of the Lakers stepped up and did their job.

DwAyNe_WaDe
01-14-2009, 12:59 AM

Back up in the Olympics are you kidding me ask anyone who won the title for team U.S.A and thye would all say that it was Wade. \

Wade shot the ball at 70% from the field and kobe couldnt even get above 50 against below average D-league players:eyebrow:

LA_Raiders
01-14-2009, 01:03 AM
yep

ARMIN12NBA
01-14-2009, 01:05 AM
Back up in the Olympics are you kidding me ask anyone who won the title for team U.S.A and thye would all say that it was Wade. \

Wade shot the ball at 70% from the field and kobe couldnt even get above 50 against below average D-league players:eyebrow:

Kobe shot 55% from the field in the Olympics and had a hand in 15 straight points in the finals minutes of the Gold medal game.

still1ballin
01-14-2009, 01:07 AM
yep

Nice post:rolleyes:

HiphopRelated
01-14-2009, 01:21 AM
lol @ Kobe fans flipping arguments is hilarious

when his team sucks...best player is based on stats

when his team is good.... team record man, look @ the wins

DwAyNe_WaDe
01-14-2009, 01:22 AM
Kobe shot 55% from the field in the Olympics and had a hand in 15 straight points in the finals minutes of the Gold medal game.

Maybe your getting your statistics from KobeBryant.com but he only shot 46.7% which isnt bad for a guard but it is when your playing nobodys.

And the only way he touched the ball in the final minutes of the game was inbounding the ball to wade:p

ARMIN12NBA
01-14-2009, 01:31 AM
Maybe your getting your statistics from KobeBryant.com but he only shot 46.7% which isnt bad for a guard but it is when your playing nobodys.

And the only way he touched the ball in the final minutes of the game was inbounding the ball to wade:p

Bryant scored 20 points, including 13 in the fourth quarter, along with six assists, as Team USA defeated Spain 118-107 in the Gold Medal Game of the 2008 Summer Olympics on August 24, 2008, breaking their drought of Olympics gold medals dating back to the 2000 Olympics.

Bryant had 13 points in the fourth along with 6 assists. :D

BTW--You're right, he shot 46% in the Olympics. I was looking at his OVERALL international competition statistics, which has him at 53%. Anyways, while Wade and Lebron padded their stats against the scrubs, Kobe Bryant was the best player in the most important game against the best opponent. Pretty good in my opinion (by the way, obviously Wade had a better overall Olympics, but how does this even pertain to the NBA?).

DwAyNe_WaDe
01-14-2009, 01:36 AM
Bryant had 13 points in the fourth along with 6 assists. :D

BTW--You're right, he shot 46% in the Olympics. I was looking at his OVERALL international competition statistics, which has him at 53%. Anyways, while Wade and Lebron padded their stats against the scrubs, Kobe Bryant was the best player in the most important game against the best opponent. Pretty good in my opinion (by the way, obviously Wade had a better overall Olympics, but how does this even pertain to the NBA?).

Some Laker fan was questioning wade in the olympics, I dont know really why we stated arguing, anyways Kobe is one of my top 5 fav. players.

da wood
01-14-2009, 01:56 AM
that doesn't mean that they are scared of you. it means they are just focused.

MickeyMgl
01-14-2009, 01:59 AM
Isn't that what you have been using fir your Kobe argument since he's been in the league?

Nope.

So, now that we've got that out of the way, any answer for Wade completely disappearing in the final minutes of a close game? Yeah, that'd probably have to do with the guy guarding him.

plpfctn
01-14-2009, 02:03 AM
please, Wade couldn't win a gold medal until kobe joined team USA. checkmate, princess.

THE MTL
01-14-2009, 02:04 AM
Phil is just mad cause Wade outplayed Kobe. Kobe travels just as much. Actually all of them guys travel. Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Ginobli, Carter, McGrady, etc. Cause there is just no way you can get from the top of the key to underneath the basket with two steps. They all take three (2 1/2) steps.

plpfctn
01-14-2009, 02:14 AM
we got hoops

THE MTL
01-14-2009, 02:16 AM
we got hoops

No they dont. They pick up the ball with one step (but that doesnt count as a step to referees) and then they take their two normal steps. Also they all switch pivot foots and shuffle their pivots too.

Morgan
01-14-2009, 02:42 AM
What are you blind or stupid, or just blind and stupid? Get the :censored: out of here...Kobe's still the man dikc wad, and Lebron and D-Wade are at his neck...Yeah the combination of Lebron's physique and athleticism makes him a dominating figure but the guy's jumper is no where near Kobe's or Wade's for that fact...And to say he's already better than Kobe ever was speaks volumes of your basketball IQ, maybe you just like hanging on Lebron's jock strap when he dunks and enjoy the feeling of his nuts bouncing off your forehead...:eyebrow:

Dude the only ones in the country who think Kobe is beeter than Lebron are from California. Every day I hear someone on ESPN or NBA's League Pass say Lebron is the best player in basketball. You can shut Kobe down. I saw the Celtics do it through the finals last year. You can't shut down Lebron like you can shut down Kobe and Kobe has better players on his team. If Kobe was on the Cavs they'd have a mediocre record like the Lakers did 2 and 3 years ago before Kobe got Gasol.

G-Funk
01-14-2009, 02:44 AM
Because Wade is better than his best player ? Trying to get a Kobe diss, Kobe can't stop Wade? Trying to get a diss on Kobe? Get a lyfe phil, that's not even a travel move? Trying to get another diss. 3 out of 1, way to go on balancing your poll anwsers! Poor guy he didn't get the anwser he was looking for... Anyway, both are amazing players and IMO they are the top 2 with CrabDribble right behind them. Listen, you can't really say that Wade beats Kobe when all he does is run through screens to get Kobe off him. It was clear that Kobe generated more attention than Wade did. It really shows you how deadly Kobe can be, that a team tries to double team you every time. If Wade was as great as Heat fans say he is, why didn't he take on Kobe in the second half? Kobe took on the best players no matter how bad his team was playing, see the difference? I mean if Kobe really is that bad why do you always compare him to your favorite player??? I don't see you comparing him with VC, T-Mac and so on... I can see why they get compared(best 2 in the world). But Kobe really is superior to him, Kobe will be on a first team ahead of him no matter what, Kobe will start over him in a All-star game no matter what. Trust me guys Wade will go down as the 3rd best Shooting guard ever, behing your God and Kobe.

Seriously dude, your'e not fair or balanced.

GspLAL
You have to put the author of that beauty. Were those the magical words of fairandbalanced?

fixed it and yes

soundjunkies2
Phil is just mad cause Wade outplayed Kobe. Kobe travels just as much. Actually all of them guys travel. Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Ginobli, Carter, McGrady, etc. Cause there is just no way you can get from the top of the key to underneath the basket with two steps. They all take three (2 1/2) steps.

why would phil be mad that wade outplayed kobe?They won the game and they have the best record in the NBA.Thats the least of his worries.

G-Funk
01-14-2009, 02:46 AM
Dude the only ones in the country who think Kobe is beeter than Lebron are from California. Every day I hear someone on ESPN or NBA's League Pass say Lebron is the best player in basketball. You can shut Kobe down. I saw the Celtics do it through the finals last year. You can't shut down Lebron like you can shut down Kobe and Kobe has better players on his team. If Kobe was on the Cavs they'd have a mediocre record like the Lakers did 2 and 3 years ago before Kobe got Gasol.

Do you know the shooting % that Lebron shot over the Celtics in the playoffs????PLEASE compare to Kobe's percentage in the finals!!! I can't wait for the stats that u come up with. That's if you don't disappear.

They both played against the same team, same year.

GspLAL
01-14-2009, 02:53 AM

You're freakin stupid and know nothing about this subject. First of all, is this the same ESPN that barely shows any Laker highlights? Yeah of course theyll say Lebron is better.

About the finals, last I checked playoffs and finals are all about matchups, and the Cavs matched up 10 times better than the Lakers did against the Celtics (last year). People who say Lebron has never had a team are stupid, offensively yes his team has been weak in the past, but their defense and physicality has always been good and defense gets you wins.

I'm not gonna bother trying to figure out your last sentence, you're just throwing out stupid crap that doesn't make sense.

GspLAL
01-14-2009, 02:53 AM

First of all, is this the same ESPN that barely shows any Laker highlights? Yeah of course theyll say Lebron is better.

About the finals, last I checked playoffs and finals are all about matchups, and the Cavs matched up 10 times better than the Lakers did against the Celtics (last year). People who say Lebron has never had a team are stupid, offensively yes his team has been weak in the past, but their defense and physicality has always been good and defense gets you wins.

I'm not gonna bother trying to figure out your last sentence, you're just throwing out stupid crap that doesn't make sense.

GspLAL
01-14-2009, 02:55 AM

First of all, is this the same ESPN that barely shows any Laker highlights? Yeah of course theyll say Lebron is better.

Just because Kobe isn't averaging 30 and scoring 40+ points all the time they think he's lost his game, clearly you guys don't watch his games and just talk from what biased analysts say.

THE MTL
01-14-2009, 02:57 AM

I wonder why they dont show any Lakers Highlights...? Cause there are none to show....just throwing it out there.

THE MTL
01-14-2009, 03:00 AM
why would phil be mad that wade outplayed kobe?They won the game and they have the best record in the NBA.Thats the least of his worries.

I dont care, but he is clearly calling Wade out on his travels when Kobe is just as bad. Worse actually cause Kobe been doing it longer. I dont care who won the game cause Wade beat the Lakers this season already.

One on one. Wade outplayed Kobe.

But back to the traveling. Kobe travels too. All the superstars do it. That Lebron Highlight thread is a cool basket. But he traveled

GspLAL
01-14-2009, 03:00 AM
I wonder why they dont show any Lakers Highlights...? Cause there are none to show....just throwing it out there.

Lol?

Morgan
01-14-2009, 03:05 AM
Kobe is never going to win a title on a team where he has to be the main guy and, Lebron is going to win multiple titles. Kobe is a great player but, he's not a leader like Jordan and Lebron. He just isn't good enough to put a team on his back and carry them through the playoffs. Watch you realize it too when he comes up short again this year.

Master Mind
01-14-2009, 03:44 AM
Kobe is never going to win a title on a team where he has to be the main guy and, Lebron is going to win multiple titles. Kobe is a great player but, he's not a leader like Jordan and Lebron. He just isn't good enough to put a team on his back and carry them through the playoffs. Watch you realize it too when he comes up short again this year.

Here comes tarzan swinging from Lebron's nuts...

Lost Art
01-14-2009, 04:22 AM

Uhhm, no. Kobe pretty much single handedly finished off Spain in that gold medal game. He didn't have a great Olympic showing overall, but he was the MAN in the gold medal game. He took over in the 4th and hit all of the big shots down the stretch. He was the MVP of that game by a mile.

Lost Art
01-14-2009, 04:29 AM

The Cavs have the best defensive team in the league and have been one of the best for many years. Its kind of like those Sixers teams with AI, if you've got a defensive squad behind you that is willing to do the dirty work and let you shine........the sky is the limit (or in AI's case the Lakers were the limit :D). Kobe and Lebron both have a fantastic supporting cast, they are just different. Kobe's team is great offensively but can't play a lick of defense while Lebron's team is a defensive powerhouse but doesn't have much firepower other than Lebron.......although Mo Williams has definitely helped in that department. To say Lebron has a weak supporting cast is laughable........and it shows me that you don't know the first thing about basketball.

MickeyMgl
01-14-2009, 05:28 AM
I think the last time Kobe outplayed Wade was when Wade was a rookie.

So you're basically saying you haven't watched a basketball game in five years. Why am I not surprised?

MickeyMgl
01-14-2009, 05:32 AM

I don't need to ask anybody, because I saw it, and Wade wasn't the one who had a hand in every USA point down the stretch in the Gold game.

You're asking the wrong people.

J-Relo
01-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Phil said truth... every basketball player travels sometimes, superstars well... mroe than sometimes... so he should have named all of them? no... they played against Miami Heat, there is some guy i don't know his name but i guess he's something like D-Wade or smth i don't know... i don't know him but i know almighty KOBE for sure...

just a joke^^^ as this tread is...

MickeyMgl
01-14-2009, 05:29 PM

Kobe does not travel as much as Lebron or Wade. One of the understated keys to Bryant's success is that he has some of the best footwork of any player ever to play. That's why his moves are so much smoother than James' or Wade's.

MickeyMgl
01-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Uhhm, no. Kobe pretty much single handedly finished off Spain in that gold medal game. He didn't have a great Olympic showing overall, but he was the MAN in the gold medal game. He took over in the 4th and hit all of the big shots down the stretch. He was the MVP of that game by a mile.

Isn't it evident that you're debating this subject with people who haven't even been watching the games you're debating?

HiphopRelated
01-14-2009, 05:55 PM
lol, Wade scored 27 points in the Gold medal game and was the ONLY reason it as even competitive going into the half after the starters(KOBE included) got off to a sluggish start

younggunn113
01-14-2009, 05:59 PM
I don't need to ask anybody, because I saw it, and Wade wasn't the one who had a hand in every USA point down the stretch in the Gold game.

You're asking the wrong people.

Kobe Bryant rescued the U.S. in the fourth quarter today as the Redeem Team fulfilled its mission with a 118-107 victory over Spain in the Olympic gold-medal game.

Bryant jubilantly waved his USA jersey to the Wukesong Arena crowd after the Americans held up to the pressure of a close game and fought off a determined effort by Spain, which drew within two points early in the final quarter.

Bryant scored 13 of his 20 points in the fourth quarter, including a critical four-point play when he was fouled while sinking a three-point shot.

Bryant had his hand in 15 consecutive points in the fourth quarter, either scoring or passing to his teammates.

A three-pointer by Fernandez cut the Americans' lead to 91-89 early in the final period, forcing U.S. coach Mike Krzyzewski to call a timeout.

Bryant responded by hitting a tough shot in the lane, then found Deron Williams with an assist for a wide-open three-pointer from the left corner. Bryant fired a pass to Dwight Howard for a dunk and a 98-89 advantage, momentarily stemming Spain's momentum.

Fernandez hit a three-pointer, but Bryant responded with a three of his own from the corner.

Spain stayed close and was within five points when Bryant drilled a three-pointer from the left wing and was fouled by Fernandez. Bryant put his finger to his lips to silence the Spanish fans behind the basket, then sank the free throw for a four-point play, giving the U.S. a 108-99 lead with 3:10 remaining. Fernandez also fouled out on the play.

Spain cut the lead to four points, getting a three from Carlos Jimenez, but Wade sank a huge three to extend the U.S. advantage to 111-104.

After a missed three by Jimenez, Bryant scored on a runner for a 113-105 lead

http://blogs.jsonline.com/olympics/archive/2008/08/24/kobe-wade-hold-off-spain-for-gold.aspx

Thats ALOT of Bryant and only one mention of Wade down the stretch..The 4 Point play was the back breaker...

MiamiHeat
01-14-2009, 06:05 PM
:sigh:

fresh prince
01-14-2009, 06:43 PM

:rolleyes:
Kobe carried us through the Western Conference playoffs for consecutive years in 2001 and 2002. He Led the team in scoring for the most difficult matchups. The series he amassed against the Spurs in 2001 is one of the best playoff performances ever avg. almost 38 per game causing Shaq to say

I told Kobe that he was my idol," O'Neal said. "I'm serious. He's playing phenomenal. I think he's the best player in the league, by far."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/2001/playoffs/news/2001/05/19/lakers_spurs_ap/

Shaq dominated in the finals every year during the 3 peat but without Kobe's heroics vs. the Spurs and Kings we would have never made it out of the west..

Dude's been there and done that already..And hes a better player now

Master Mind
01-14-2009, 06:53 PM
Kobe carried us through the Western Conference playoffs for consecutive years in 2001 and 2002. He Led the team in scoring for the most difficult matchups. The series he amassed against the Spurs in 2001 is one of the best playoff performances ever avg. almost 38 per game causing Shaq to say

I told Kobe that he was my idol," O'Neal said. "I'm serious. He's playing phenomenal. I think he's the best player in the league, by far."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/2001/playoffs/news/2001/05/19/lakers_spurs_ap/

Shaq dominated in the finals every year during the 3 peat but without Kobe's heroics vs. the Spurs and Kings we would have never made it out of the west..

Don't pay attention to that guy, he's one of Lebron's pubes...

THE MTL
01-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Kobe does not travel as much as Lebron or Wade. One of the understated keys to Bryant's success is that he has some of the best footwork of any player ever to play. That's why his moves are so much smoother than James' or Wade's.

Yes, Kobe does. On this NBA commercial, the one where Kobe is gripping it like a football then goes off pivot foot and dunks. Its s travel. He does the whole 2 1/2 steps as well as switches pivots.

And Kobe might look smoother cause thats his style. Wade is reckless, so his moves are never smooth. Lebron is a beast, so his moves look barbaric. So Kobe's smooth moves is nothing more than his style. Michael Jordan's werent that smooth, they were more FLASHY. So yeah smoothness isnt a thing.

PRETTY BIRD!
01-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Yes, Kobe does. On this NBA commercial, the one where Kobe is gripping it like a football then goes off pivot foot and dunks. Its s travel. He does the whole 2 1/2 steps as well as switches pivots.

And Kobe might look smoother cause thats his style. Wade is reckless, so his moves are never smooth. Lebron is a beast, so his moves look barbaric. So Kobe's smooth moves is nothing more than his style. Michael Jordan's werent that smooth, they were more FLASHY. So yeah smoothness isnt a thing.

The only way that would be true is if he were to land with both feet simultaneously. Then the second foot wouldn't be counted. You might be thinking of a pivot foot situation where you can pivot around and bring your other foot down. This isn't the case here, he is in the act of driving and must pass or shoot before the third foot hits the ground.

ARMIN12NBA
01-14-2009, 08:25 PM

Which one? I don't recall this commercial where he travels. I remember a commercial where he grips the ball like a football, but he clearly did not travel.

All these players (Wade, Kobe, Lebron) are flashy in case you haven't noticed. :rolleyes:

G-Funk
01-14-2009, 08:44 PM
Didn't Wade ask Kobe to bring the Mamba out in the 4th quarter in the Olympics against Spain?

ARMIN12NBA
01-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Didn't Wade ask Kobe to bring the Mamba out in the 4th quarter in the Olympics against Spain?

Wade and Coach K.

It's funny how the actual players and coaches recognize who is the best and who is the most clutch yet fans seem to deny it vehemently.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-14-2009, 08:56 PM

Thats funny, why is it when they take polls from the GUYS WHO ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME, they always say Kobe is the best? Why is it when they ask who they fear playing the most its Kobe by a mile over every player in the league. Including Lebron who got a measly 4% of the vote.

Why do just about every coach, GM and scout say Kobe is the best?

I think I will take their word over yours or an "analyst" from ESPN or NBA'S league pass.

And by the way. Kobe played better against the Celtics than Lebron did. He also played better against the Spurs who had just made Lebron look like a school girl wearing a mini skirt in the finals a year before.

fresh prince
01-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Wade and Coach K.

It's funny how the actual players and coaches recognize who is the best and who is the most clutch yet fans seem to deny it vehemently.

Hahhaa..I think most knowledgeable fans know whats up...

There are always fanatics who will believe what they want to believe and march to the beat of their own drum sample..Thats what makes the world diverse and interesting I GUESS...it would be kind of boring if everyone agreed on stuff

ARMIN12NBA
01-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Thats funny, why is it when they take polls from the GUYS WHO ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME, they always say Kobe is the best? Why is it when they ask who they fear playing the most its Kobe by a mile over every player in the league. Including Lebron who got a measly 4% of the vote.

Why do just about every coach, GM and scout say Kobe is the best?

I think I will take their word over yours or an "analyst" from ESPN or NBA'S league pass.

And by the way. Kobe played better against the Celtics than Lebron did. He also played better against the Spurs who had just made Lebron look like a school girl wearing a mini skirt in the finals a year before.

Especially when these same analysts get paid to support a certain agenda that is supported by ESPN and Nike because of their huge investment.

Iron24th
01-14-2009, 09:20 PM

Wade is not better than Kobe,Kobe has just a better team and trust his teammates more,wade has nobody around,so,he thinks he should be a ballhog.

That's all.

J$mo0th_3o5
01-14-2009, 09:31 PM
Wade is not better than Kobe,Kobe has just a better team and trust his teammates more,wade has nobody around,so,he thinks he should be a ballhog.

That's all.

Ballhog averaging 7 assists:eyebrow: That's all.

camador22
01-14-2009, 09:31 PM
So you're basically saying you haven't watched a basketball game in five years. Why am I not surprised?

Let me refresh you about the last 5 years since your probably too young.

04- Had a piss poor finals performance by ball hogging and shooting 38% and allowed the Lakers to be defeated by the Pistons despite the Lakers being an overwhelming favorite to win.

05- Kobe missed the playoffs with the same team Wade lead to the second round of the playoffs the year before

06 & 07 Kobe had horrible probably the worst 4th quarter playoff performances probably ever witnessed by any superstar in the history of the NBA leading the Lakers to 2 first round exits.

08- Kobe had his best season ever IMO however faied to show up when it mattered most and allowing the Celtics to rape LA by 30. The Lakers lost in 6 games and Kobe had the a stacked team and one of the most balanced team in the league.

09- ????? If the Lakers don't win it all now what will be the excuse. Kobe's yet to lead a team to a championship.

JJ81
01-14-2009, 09:52 PM
When Kobe was defending Wade, he did a great job.

GspLAL
01-14-2009, 09:59 PM

04- Had a piss poor finals performance by ball hogging and shooting 38% and allowed the Lakers to be defeated by the Pistons despite the Lakers being an overwhelming favorite to win.

05- Kobe missed the playoffs with the same team Wade lead to the second round of the playoffs the year before

06 & 07 Kobe had horrible probably the worst 4th quarter playoff performances probably ever witnessed by any superstar in the history of the NBA leading the Lakers to 2 first round exits.

08- Kobe had his best season ever IMO however faied to show up when it mattered most and allowing the Celtics to rape LA by 30. The Lakers lost in 6 games and Kobe had the a stacked team and one of the most balanced team in the league.

09- ????? If the Lakers don't win it all now what will be the excuse. Kobe's yet to lead a team to a championship.

Are you serious? The only thing I'll give you is that 04 he had a bad finals, but the other **** youre spewing out is all crap.

06 & 07, go look at his roster, need I say more?

08, Explain how the Lakers were stacked when they were missing Bynum and Ariza, take off Perkins and Posey out of the Celtics and see what happens. Here let me help you out, "PLEASE NOW UR GONNA USE INJURY EXCUSES?"

09, We'll see.

SwaggaIke
01-15-2009, 02:06 AM
I'm dying laughing at some of these comments. First of all, had Wade not CARRIED Team USA through the first half while KOBE AND LEBRON were on the bench in foul trouble...Kobe wouldn't have had a chance to step up. And if I recall correctly, Dwyane hit the CRITICAL 3 ball to seal the victory against Spain.

Another thing that I find hilarious is the "Kobe has been there and done that" statements. If I recall correctly, Dwyane has BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT. He LED his team to an NBA championship, something Kobe has YET to do. But neither of those things are here nor there. Even though I love to do so, you can't call Dwyane the best in the league because his team isn't up to par...even though Kobe was called the best in the league when his team was fishing in mid may and didn't even manage to make the playoffs 1 season. It is what it is, hopefully before Kobe is too old to be taken out of the conversation we'll see all three of the leagues best on a level playing field. I think '10 will be the year when we see who's really holding the crown. I expect Dwyane, LeBron and Kobe to all have great talent around them at the same time by then. Until then...its all speculation and favoritism (myself included).

JJ81
01-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Wade travels more than any other SG in the league... and gets away with it

rhymeratic
01-15-2009, 11:01 AM
Kobe is better than Wade period. Wade travels a lot and is injury prone. Those are the facts folks. Whether you prefer one style to another is something totally different. But 1 on 1, Kobe destroys wade 7 out of 10 times. What Wade relies on "quickness" won't last forever and clearly he takes too many hits driving that he can't take it and thus wears hockey pads underneath his jersey "Gary Payton confirmed this on NBA TV"

Kobe on the other hand is flat out a better prototypical SG. That's all that needs to be said.

A better comparison for Wade would be Joe Johnson...

Gibby23
01-15-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm dying laughing at some of these comments. First of all, had Wade not CARRIED Team USA through the first half while KOBE AND LEBRON were on the bench in foul trouble...Kobe wouldn't have had a chance to step up. And if I recall correctly, Dwyane hit the CRITICAL 3 ball to seal the victory against Spain.

Another thing that I find hilarious is the "Kobe has been there and done that" statements. If I recall correctly, Dwyane has BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT. He LED his team to an NBA championship, something Kobe has YET to do. But neither of those things are here nor there. Even though I love to do so, you can't call Dwyane the best in the league because his team isn't up to par...even though Kobe was called the best in the league when his team was fishing in mid may and didn't even manage to make the playoffs 1 season. It is what it is, hopefully before Kobe is too old to be taken out of the conversation we'll see all three of the leagues best on a level playing field. I think '10 will be the year when we see who's really holding the crown. I expect Dwyane, LeBron and Kobe to all have great talent around them at the same time by then. Until then...its all speculation and favoritism (myself included).

Kobe was dropping like 35ppg a game when his team sucked. He had a bunch of 40 and 50 point games with some 60 point games mixed in between, and he topped that off with an 81.

He also outscored the Mavs 62 to 61 at the end of 3 qtrs.

WSU Tony
01-15-2009, 12:18 PM
LOL Look at the poll. D-whistle travels? No way! (Yes way.)

IRUAM #21
01-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Cant Wade and Kobe fans just get along ?

HiphopRelated
01-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Cant Wade and Kobe fans just get along ?
Not as long as Kobe stans see Wade as a threat to his status

It's that simple.

kntresistheheat
01-15-2009, 12:42 PM
I love haters:rolleyes: You kobe fans should know what am talking about:p Have everyone noticed that half of those votes are Lakers fans:laugh:

and If I recall correctly, Lebron is the one has been caught on tape and on espn a few times with his crab dribble;)

IRUAM #21
01-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Like for real why cant you just like them both ? Wade and Kobe are the Biggie and Tupac of Basketball lol if you like one you dont like the other.

Phitin' Phan
01-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Kobe is the best player in the world... Wade is up there but not with Kobe. Phil is right Wade travels but Kobe travels too, so does everyone in the NBA. But Kobe is on another level with Lebron, and Wade is the next best player in the league.

legendkillerv2
01-15-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm a laker fan but every time, the Lakers play D-Wade, D-wades always plays better than Kobe.

kntresistheheat
01-15-2009, 01:03 PM
Dude, dont say lebron is on another level than wade:rolleyes: While wade was dominating the league and putting up the best finals performance in NBA history....Lebron was still learning and was labeled as the guy that did not want the ball and has no heart! Kobe you have a legit arguement but wade is on that level just because the heat had a terrible season and wade has been hurt the past 1 and half seasons does not make him a scrub and he has proven that this year and thats why we have haters! As I recall even lebron and kobe said that he was the MVP of the olypics and they have respect for each other and so in my mind kobe,wade,lebron is the best players in the nba and wade and lebron are the future!

Kobe is the best player in the world... Wade is up there but not with Kobe. Phil is right Wade travels but Kobe travels too, so does everyone in the NBA. But Kobe is on another level with Lebron, and Wade is the next best player in the league.

younggunn113
01-15-2009, 01:04 PM
I love haters:rolleyes: You kobe fans should know what am talking about:p Have everyone noticed that half of those votes are Lakers fans:laugh:

and If I recall correctly, Lebron is the one has been caught on tape and on espn a few times with his crab dribble;)

So even if half of the 80 are Laker fans, theres still 40 votes and the fact that he travels is still leading by a large margin...

Wade isnt a threat to his status, LeBron is the only one i can agree with that might be better. Wade has a MUCHHH better team around him then when Kobe did after Shaq. Whoever said they essentially had the same team around them is being foolish. Look at the starting line ups

Smush Parker (who got cut by the heat) (started 82 games)
Kobe Bryant (started all 80 he played)
Lamar Odom (80)
Brian Cook (46)
Chris Mihm/Kwame Brown (56/49)

and their top 3 bench players were
Devean George
Luke Walton
Laron Profit

And the Lakers finished the year with a 45-37 record

The Heat have
Chalmers
Wade
Marion
Haslem
Anthony

with your top 3 bench players
Beasley
Cook
Quinn

That heat team looks alot better than the Lakers do..I think theyll finish right around the same record. Its not like Wade is carrying a bunch of nobodies to the promised land, theyll be close to .500 and be out in the first round.

kntresistheheat
01-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Thank you! I did not want to say it in my previous post because then everyone would say I am a homer...So I am glad you mention it, dont get me wrong kobe is the best player in the league and no one is taking that from him yet but he has company:p

I'm a laker fan but every time, the Lakers play D-Wade, D-wades always plays better than Kobe.

kntresistheheat
01-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Dude, were talking about wade traveling which your coach is crying about! All superstars especially sg that are athletic travels they just dont get those calls because they dont make it that obivious as a pf or a C....Or lebron with his crab dribble:p Why are you putting up rosters for:confused:

So even if half of the 80 are Laker fans, theres still 40 votes and the fact that he travels is still leading by a large margin...

Wade isnt a threat to his status, LeBron is the only one i can agree with that might be better. Wade has a MUCHHH better team around him then when Kobe did after Shaq. Whoever said they essentially had the same team around them is being foolish. Look at the starting line ups

Smush Parker (who got cut by the heat) (started 82 games)
Kobe Bryant (started all 80 he played)
Lamar Odom (80)
Brian Cook (46)
Chris Mihm/Kwame Brown (56/49)

and their top 3 bench players were
Devean George
Luke Walton
Laron Profit

And the Lakers finished the year with a 45-37 record

The Heat have
Chalmers
Wade
Marion
Haslem
Anthony

with your top 3 bench players
Beasley
Cook
Quinn

That heat team looks alot better than the Lakers do..I think theyll finish right around the same record. Its not like Wade is carrying a bunch of nobodies to the promised land, theyll be close to .500 and be out in the first round.

IRUAM #21
01-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Yea even though it has nothing to do with it i totally agree the Heat have a better team than that Lakers team with Parker and Brown.

J-Relo
01-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Thank you! I did not want to say it in my previous post because then everyone would say I am a homer...So I am glad you mention it, dont get me wrong kobe is the best player in the league and no one is taking that from him yet but he has company:p

D-Wade vs Lakers > Kobe vs. Miami

but!

Wade < Kobe

macc
01-15-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm not a Heat nor a Laker fan so my opinion isn't bias. I think Kobe has an edge over D Wade. Not just because he's Kobe but because he plays better defense then Wade. Both players can light it up at any given time but Kobe is a more complete player. Wade is at that stage of his career where he's really flashing, scoring points and doing 360 dunks. Kobe is at the stage where he knows what it takes to win ball games. If he feels he needs to score 30 + he will, if his team is on fire and he only needs to lock down on D on the other teams best offensive weapon, he'll do that as well (lets not forget it wasn't to long ago Kobe had 81 points in one game). If you look at the Heats team on paper you would think they would have more wins then what they do. Wade is young and he'll learn more about what it takes to win at some point in his career. Lebron is the one exception that figured it out early and is taking a mediocre team and turning them into possible champions. Just like Jordan did in his day.

kntresistheheat
01-15-2009, 05:55 PM
I will agree with you to a certain point, but wade is 16th in blocks which the other 15 are C and PF...Wade is in the top 5 in steals but I do agree that kobe is a better one on one defender.

I'm not a Heat nor a Laker fan so my opinion isn't bias. I think Kobe has an edge over D Wade. Not just because he's Kobe but because he plays better defense then Wade. Both players can light it up at any given time but Kobe is a more complete player. Wade is at that stage of his career where he's really flashing, scoring points and doing 360 dunks. Kobe is at the stage where he knows what it takes to win ball games. If he feels he needs to score 30 + he will, if his team is on fire and he only needs to lock down on D on the other teams best offensive weapon, he'll do that as well (lets not forget it wasn't to long ago Kobe had 81 points in one game). If you look at the Heats team on paper you would think they would have more wins then what they do. Wade is young and he'll learn more about what it takes to win at some point in his career. Lebron is the one exception that figured it out early and is taking a mediocre team and turning them into possible champions. Just like Jordan did in his day.

MickeyMgl
01-15-2009, 06:22 PM

Kobe also carried the Lakers through Game 7 of the WCF in 2000, and to the closeout wins in earlier rounds.

MickeyMgl
01-15-2009, 06:26 PM

Anecdotal evidence? I didn't say he never traveled. He just doesn't travel nearly as much as Lebron or Wade.

Smoothness refers to his footwork. Footwork is a "thing". You're right, Wade does play a more reckless style. Hence, the sloppy footwork, which could be called for traveling.

fairandbalanced
01-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Kobe also carried the Lakers through Game 7 of the WCF in 2000, and to the closeout wins in earlier rounds.

Just like he carried the Lakers in the first 3 games against the Suns in the 06 playoffs? Kobe seem to be a good starter, but he just don't know how to win when it counts .........winning the championship is what matters, not the road you traveled.

MickeyMgl
01-15-2009, 06:37 PM

Nice. When you lose the argument, change the argument. You said Kobe hadn't outplayed Wade since Wade's rookie season, which is plainly false. So you cherry pick some Kobe lowlights that had nothing to do with Wade.

WTF? When you reach college age, enroll in a Critical Thinking class. You'll thank me.

LAKERMANIA
01-15-2009, 07:02 PM
1- The Olympics was a TEAM effort. It wasn't JUST Kobe and it wasn't JUST Wade. Both pitched in with their own style and effort to win the gold medal for the USA redeem team.

2- Just like Macc said before me, Wade is at the point in his career where he is still growing and learning from his young team. With that effort, just like Kobe went through when he was young in his early days, he will eventually learn that scoring 30 ppg season by season doesn't always give you wins, and Wade I know will grow into that player that Kobe is today.

3- Steals and Blocks aren't the only things that show that someone is a good defender. It is all about how Wade's help defense is, man to man defense is and how he is when he guards superstars. For now, I think it is safe to say that Kobe is the better defender because not only does he have good footwork on defense, but he chooses to guard the best player on the other team. Wade like i said will be that player in time.

Hopefully this sums up how I feel. Wade fans and Kobe fans should not be at each others throats. I like both players, but Wade's game is free throw line down while Kobe's game is free throw line up. Both have their own advantages at different parts of the floor, but when it comes to defense, Kobe takes it for the reasons i stated before. Better man to man defense, better at help defense and regularly chooses to guard the best player, which he also does a good job at doing.

Gibby23
01-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Just like he carried the Lakers in the first 3 games against the Suns in the 06 playoffs? Kobe seem to be a good starter, but he just don't know how to win when it counts .........winning the championship is what matters, not the road you traveled.

How many Championships does you're team have? Not trying to start stuff, but just saying, if that is what matters how many do the Heat have?

lakersfan4lyfe2
01-15-2009, 10:04 PM
wow your really crazy if u think dwayne wade is better than kobe

Master Mind
01-15-2009, 10:12 PM
wow your really crazy if u think dwayne wade is better than kobe

Whats so crazy about the notion? :eyebrow:

BroadwayJoe
01-15-2009, 10:34 PM
wade, like every slasher in the nba nowadays, travels excessively

just another reason why the nba is the laughingstock of the pro leagues

cahawk
01-16-2009, 12:43 AM
Wow, this thread brought out the kobephytes.
Alot of sour grapes, no longer aimed at San Antonio & Phoenix.
Now aimed at Celts, Lebron & Wade.

Phil is just having fun playing his usual mind games to influence games.
And I have always thought Phil does this better than any coach.

Iron24th
01-16-2009, 04:45 AM
Ballhog averaging 7 assists:eyebrow: That's all.

Kobe has 6+ assists per game in 2004/2005 ,and he was still named a ballhog.

So yes D-Wade is a ballhog actually.