PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Bobby Phills

Fordy
01-12-2009, 08:28 PM
This is a nice tribute to the late Bobby Phills. Which leads me to a question: Do fans of the old Charlotte Hornets root for the Charlotte Bobcats or New Orleans Hornets these days?

http://f3.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nba_experts__18/ept_sports_nba_experts-118553227-1231791090.jpg?ymyfToADoiuT.nl_

http://www.hornets247.com/blog/2009/01/12/remembering-bobby-phills

op12
01-12-2009, 11:23 PM
in the 80s we didnt have a team in nc so i grew up pulling for bird and the celtics, but i started pulling for the hornets when they came around. most people are not happy that they left, so i would say most pull for the cats over no. im a felton fan so i like the cats. bobby was a solid player and really becoming a star at the time of the accident. it was sad and i will always have a soft spot for him.

Chronz
01-13-2009, 02:29 AM
in the 80s we didnt have a team in nc so i grew up pulling for bird and the celtics, but i started pulling for the hornets when they came around. most people are not happy that they left, so i would say most pull for the cats over no. im a felton fan so i like the cats. bobby was a solid player and really becoming a star at the time of the accident. it was sad and i will always have a soft spot for him.

Woah mustve been a weird transition when the Hornets faced the Celtics in their first ever playoff series. I know Bird wasnt around anymore but they still had 2 of the big3 right.

IU Hoosiers 3
01-13-2009, 02:44 AM
i've never really been a hornets fan but i thought bobby phills was sick back in the day and it rattled me when i heard about the accident. He was a good dude.

king4day
01-13-2009, 09:57 AM
I heard when the Hornets were in Charlotte, they'd sell out the season no matter how good or bad they were.
Ownership was who everyone hated and when they left town, it left a really bad taste in their mouths.
Now, people are upset because of the new Arena that was built a few years ago. They closed a 20 year old arena and imploded it so they could have a new one in the heart of the city.

Personally, I like where it's located, but not everyone does.
Fans still don't come to these games and a lot has to do with the lack of success, management, and the arena issues.... Having a superstar on the team would help too.

JayW_1023
01-13-2009, 11:04 AM
I liked those Hornets teams...Bogues, Phills, Rice, Mason and Divac...they were underrated.

op12
01-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Woah mustve been a weird transition when the Hornets faced the Celtics in their first ever playoff series. I know Bird wasnt around anymore but they still had 2 of the big3 right.

yeah that was a great series with zo's big winning shot. that was the start of another players problems with reggie lewis collapsing during one of the games. 1st nba game i went to was celtics vs hornets when bird was there and the hornets stars were chapman and kendall gill.

op12
01-13-2009, 12:15 PM
I heard when the Hornets were in Charlotte, they'd sell out the season no matter how good or bad they were.
Ownership was who everyone hated and when they left town, it left a really bad taste in their mouths.
Now, people are upset because of the new Arena that was built a few years ago. They closed a 20 year old arena and imploded it so they could have a new one in the heart of the city.

Personally, I like where it's located, but not everyone does.
Fans still don't come to these games and a lot has to do with the lack of success, management, and the arena issues.... Having a superstar on the team would help too.

this is a perfect observation of what has happened.

Thatruth32
01-13-2009, 12:43 PM
rip