PDA

View Full Version : Player Dumping Trade

CaptainCool79
01-12-2009, 07:47 PM
In my opinion this trade was a player dump. Team A had no intention of trying to win, and as a result just gave away his players.

Team A Sends:
Mike Bibby/Deron Williams/Brandon Roy

Team B Sends:
Al Jefferson/John Salmons/Charlie Villanueva

Feel free to weigh in your opinion

LD V2.0
01-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Hmmm....Did you e-mail your league, asking them to veto the trade? That's what I would have done.

CaptainCool79
01-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Hmmm....Did you e-mail your league, asking them to veto the trade? That's what I would have done.

yea there was a whole vetoing fiasco and what not. unfortunately there's a conspiracy with these particular team GMs and our commish so i'll have to take it with a grain of salt. But you agree that this deal is pretty ridiculous?

LD V2.0
01-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Yeah. Team B got hosed. The fix may be in....Which makes no sense to me because if I won like that it would mean nothing to me but then again not everyone thinks that way.

My advice is play the wire. This deal doesn't mean that team is going to win. There are going to be some real gems turning up from now until the real NBA trade deadline.

CaptainCool79
01-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Yeah. Team B got hosed. The fix may be in....Which makes no sense to me because if I won like that it would mean nothing to me but then again not everyone thinks that way.

My advice is play the wire. This deal doesn't mean that team is going to win. There are going to be some real gems turning up from now until the real NBA trade deadline.

yea i agree. I'm not too worried because Team B is second to last in a 12 team head to head league. Plus i'm in second and i just recently revamped my team.
I've got:
PG: Stuckey, TJ Ford,
SG: Mayo, JR Smith
SF: Lebron, Pierce, Gerald Wallace
PF: Rashard Lewis, McDyess
C: Brad Miller, Gooden
My bench guys: Marvin williams, Lou Williams

I just gave up Josh Smith to bring in Paul Pierce and Gooden. What do you think about that team? My only gaping holes are boards/blks, which im working on

Boozerguy47
01-14-2009, 11:26 PM
I wouldn't call that a player dump at all. Jefferson is the best player in the deal and Salmons, along with Villanueva are having solid years. Bibby is overrated. It's fair in my eyes.

Yankees1115
01-16-2009, 04:52 AM
Its not like Lebron James straight up for Jerome James but I would def say team b got the better players. Its def not a night and day trade though. Al Jeff is a beast.

NyYaNkEeS 91
01-26-2009, 05:26 PM
team a is losing in the deal