PDA

View Full Version : The Hawks need to trade for a 7'0 ft center.

dukey9
01-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Here is my take. This team has a 2 year window to come out of the east and compete for a title this year and next. Joes contract is up next yr he is the cornerstone of the frachise right now so thats why i say that. To win a title you must have a legit 7'0 center. That can play rebound, block shots, and score 8 to 10 a night anymore than that would be extras. I went to the hawks game sunday against the 76ers and Dalembert lit us up in the paint. I love Horford but i would rather see him at power forward he would dominate even more. Here is my wish list: Tyson Chandler hear a couple of rumors of him being on the block, I choose him 1st only because of his youth. Marcus Camby kinda long in the tooth but he fits the mold. The before mentioned sam Dalembert. And even Jermaine Oneal hes got a big contract but he could bring major star power and veteran savvy thats needed in the playoffs. Trade Bibby I like him but cmon hes in is last yr of the contract. resign next yr if you gotta have him. Trade Marvin you have already signed Josh so you cant have both because marvins going for his payday and you know it. Zaza LOL 4 million dollars give me a break a good trade piece with an expiring contract and outright trade or cut Speedy claxton for a pretzel and 3 packs of mustard. Go Hawks

Dmunk08
01-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Very well put dude.....here's my wish list....i would love brad miller....he can pass shoot and spread the floor so joe and josh can do thier shyt....i would give up marvin for him straight up..what do you guys think?

dukey9
01-12-2009, 06:29 PM
I like miller a lot but defense wins championships and hes not the threat we need defensively in the paint. Imagine a front line with Josh, Al and one the guys i mentioned in the thread or even Diop from the Mavs. I mean it would take so much pressure off of Josh and the perimeter players because if you they get beat to the hole they would have back up. The hawks would average 7 blocks a night which leads to fast breaks and teams would take more low percentage perimeter shots. Its like a big fat run stopper in football. ie Albert haynesworth.

FlashTastic One
01-12-2009, 06:35 PM
Marvin's gonna be a stud before it's all said and done. I'd hold onto him.

dukey9
01-12-2009, 07:08 PM
I disagree but who knows. I figuring a good career maybe 16 points a night good hustler on the court. Ok defense but nothing we can afford to give 10 million to next year. LOL. we just gave it to Josh and Al is not far behind to get his so Marvin is the odd man out. I like Acie though.

jwn0303
01-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Trading Marvin would be moronic. He has gotten better every year. He has very above average defense, turned into a great shooter, and his ball handling keeps getting better. Keep him.

dawgsfan_45
01-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Can we stop this nonsense? Please do not make anymore of these threads. Were not trading Marvin for anybody. Actually, were not trading anybody for anybody. If you dont have real news please dont make these damn threads. They are starting to get really ****ing annoying.

dawgsfan_45
01-12-2009, 10:17 PM
I disagree but who knows. I figuring a good career maybe 16 points a night good hustler on the court. Ok defense but nothing we can afford to give 10 million to next year. LOL. we just gave it to Josh and Al is not far behind to get his so Marvin is the odd man out. I like Acie though.

Why the hell would we give him 10 million? Really, we didnt even pay Josh that much. It would be reasonable to give him maybe a 4-5M contract.

TMAC94
01-13-2009, 02:52 AM
houston trades;

Yao Ming
Luis Scola
Luther Head
Chuck Hayes
1st Round Pick 2009

atlatna trades;

Joe Johnson
Josh Smith
ZaZa

Duncan = Donkey
01-13-2009, 05:41 AM
atlanta gets raped in that trade

joejohnson2
01-13-2009, 08:00 AM
you guys r tripping just trade horford for some1 like david lee or someshit
tmac94 is a dumb ****

TMAC94
01-13-2009, 08:21 AM
^^ why would you do that daniel? when lee is 6'9 while horford is like 6'11?
6'9 at center?

joejohnson2
01-13-2009, 09:19 AM
lee is a gun
but
i want chandler possibly
horford for chandler
but they wont do it

kiznarl
01-13-2009, 01:06 PM
lee is a gun
but
i want chandler possibly
horford for chandler
but they wont do it

Lees too small to play center and why would be want chandler ahead of horford. He's a solid player granted but without chris paul throwing him up alley oops he would be exposed for his lack of offence and butterfinger. Would be an upgrade on D but not at the expense of Horford

Im not even gonna comment on the houston trade (well actually I am) an allstar, borderline all star and solid back up for yao ming and a few add ons (scola is alright but no different to zaza) so essentially makes it josh smith for Luther Head, Chuck Hayes and pick so hell no

dukey9
01-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Your right i wouldnt trade Horford. But I would trade Marvin,Bibby,Zaza,. Im not sure what it would take to get chandler but I think he would go well behind Josh and take a lot of defenseive pressure off of Joe.

dukey9
01-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Why the hell would we give him 10 million? Really, we didnt even pay Josh that much. It would be reasonable to give him maybe a 4-5M contract.

Dude calm down this is a thread we have our opinions I respect yours. I just disagree but we are still cool. By the way Josh is getting 10 million a yr. And if you think Marvin is gonna resign for a contract less than his rookie contract, This is the NBA guy. He was a top 5 pick. He will be asking 8-10 million sir. And if he is as good as you say he is why wouldnt shouldnt he. Dont get me wrong i like Marvin but sometimes you have to give something up to get you over that hump. We have decent perimeter scoring and no physical rebounding or shotblocking and just an all around stud in the paint. Dalembert proved that sunday and Dwight Howard proved it back to back.

dawgsfan_45
01-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Dude calm down this is a thread we have our opinions I respect yours. I just disagree but we are still cool. By the way Josh is getting 10 million a yr. And if you think Marvin is gonna resign for a contract less than his rookie contract, This is the NBA guy. He was a top 5 pick. He will be asking 8-10 million sir. And if he is as good as you say he is why wouldnt shouldnt he. Dont get me wrong i like Marvin but sometimes you have to give something up to get you over that hump. We have decent perimeter scoring and no physical rebounding or shotblocking and just an all around stud in the paint. Dalembert proved that sunday and Dwight Howard proved it back to back.

Nobody would even touch Marvin if he was asking for 8-10. He has ALOT of potential but he hasnt proved, so far, of being worth 8-10 million. Smoove on the other hand showed that he was definitely worth 10M. And bu the way Horford was hurt for the 76ers game. So he didnt prove anything. How can you say we have no shot blocking? Have you ever even watched the Hawks play? Josh Smith is a shot blocking machine and Horford is no slouch either.

And btw, nobody ever has or ever will stop Dwight Howard. Just like nobody is going to stop LeBron James. Hes just that good.

dawgsfan_45
01-13-2009, 06:10 PM
lee is a gun
but
i want chandler possibly
horford for chandler
but they wont do it

You are a moron.

dukey9
01-13-2009, 07:08 PM
I agree Josh is great shotblocking and Horford. But most of Joshs come from the backside because he rotates off of his man. We need a guy that can hold the paint down by himself. Josh wont be able to do that against good playoff teams man. Im telling you imagine a front line like this. Chandler,Dalembert, Camby Jermaine Oneal and center Horford at power forward Josh at small forward. And yes you are right Marvin is not worth that but he will be asking for it. Do you really think hes gonna resign at 4-5 million whens he making more than that now.

dawgsfan_45
01-13-2009, 07:49 PM
I agree Josh is great shotblocking and Horford. But most of Joshs come from the backside because he rotates off of his man. We need a guy that can hold the paint down by himself. Josh wont be able to do that against good playoff teams man. Im telling you imagine a front line like this. Chandler,Dalembert, Camby Jermaine Oneal and center Horford at power forward Josh at small forward. And yes you are right Marvin is not worth that but he will be asking for it. Do you really think hes gonna resign at 4-5 million whens he making more than that now.

Yes, I do. And he will not be asking for that. Dalembert, Camby, Oneal, and Chandler are all either falling off or aging. We shouldnt trade Marvin for anyone like that.

Now that I look at it Marvin MIGHT ask for 6-7. But not anymore than that.

joejohnson2
01-13-2009, 09:10 PM
marvin just needs to step up his game a bit
we all know he can play
just needs to step up and other clubs might start looking at him

dawgsfan_45
01-13-2009, 09:56 PM
marvin just needs to step up his game a bit
we all know he can play
just needs to step up and other clubs might start looking at him

Were you serious about that Horford for Lee trade, because you seem like you know a thing or two about the Hawks if you werent.

dukey9
01-14-2009, 12:13 PM
I hope he wasnt serious about trading Horford for anybody. Did you see Marvin last night against the Suns, decent game but flip murray was the one to ignite the hawks. See thats my point there are a lot of guys floating around the league that can get you 15 points. I can see if Marvin was as lethal as Barboza from the 3pt. line. I mean that guy was lights out. I would like to see this team be able to have a big mean defensive front line. I mean Dwight Howard Lebron Kobe those guys are beast but a front line with Josh,Al and one of those centers i mentioned in the post before would be a monster. Yes they are aging guys but who are you gonna trade for Dwight Howard or Oden. LOL please. We need someone now and next year thats all so we can make a run in the playoffs while the iron is hot for us. This is the Hawks man and we havn t seen much success lately.

dawgsfan_45
01-14-2009, 05:24 PM
I hope he wasnt serious about trading Horford for anybody. Did you see Marvin last night against the Suns, decent game but flip murray was the one to ignite the hawks. See thats my point there are a lot of guys floating around the league that can get you 15 points. I can see if Marvin was as lethal as Barboza from the 3pt. line. I mean that guy was lights out. I would like to see this team be able to have a big mean defensive front line. I mean Dwight Howard Lebron Kobe those guys are beast but a front line with Josh,Al and one of those centers i mentioned in the post before would be a monster. Yes they are aging guys but who are you gonna trade for Dwight Howard or Oden. LOL please. We need someone now and next year thats all so we can make a run in the playoffs while the iron is hot for us. This is the Hawks man and we havn t seen much success lately.

I think you are just asking for too much from the Hawks. They made it to the playoffs last year and this team is still developing.

Do you think that any of those teams are going to trade their starting center for Marvin straight up? "LOL please." :rolleyes:

dukey9
01-14-2009, 06:49 PM
I think you are just asking for too much from the Hawks. They made it to the playoffs last year and this team is still developing.

Do you think that any of those teams are going to trade their starting center for Marvin straight up? "LOL please." :rolleyes:

Im not saying straight up with Marvin but you keep your key pieces together Marvin is just the best piece we can win without him and Bibby. O by the way there is this thing called free agency that all but wipes out the building a team thought process. You have to strike when you can this is not baseball. Im saying the hawks have a chance to come out of the east. They can run with Boston,Orlando and Cleveland they have proven that. But they need frontline help thats all im saying. If we dept i could even see your point. But did you see Morris and Solomon last night. Cmon dude.

dawgsfan_45
01-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Im not saying straight up with Marvin but you keep your key pieces together Marvin is just the best piece we can win without him and Bibby. O by the way there is this thing called free agency that all but wipes out the building a team thought process. You have to strike when you can this is not baseball. Im saying the hawks have a chance to come out of the east. They can run with Boston,Orlando and Cleveland they have proven that. But they need frontline help thats all im saying. If we dept i could even see your point. But did you see Morris and Solomon last night. Cmon dude.

Oh.

Legion of Doom
01-15-2009, 10:06 AM
Yes, I do. And he will not be asking for that. Dalembert, Camby, Oneal, and Chandler are all either falling off or aging. We shouldnt trade Marvin for anyone like that.

Now that I look at it Marvin MIGHT ask for 6-7. But not anymore than that.

I agree you shouldn't trade Marvin but you're crazy if you think he wont' ask and get 10milli plus from someone. He has better skills set than Josh (other than blocks) and Josh got 10milli.

Trouble87
02-09-2009, 04:58 PM
heres what yall do... Al Horford for Jerome James

Jerome James = Championship

just something to think on... :rolleyes:

dukey9
02-09-2009, 05:18 PM
heres what yall do... Al Horford for Jerome James

Jerome James = Championship

just something to think on... :rolleyes:

No thanks

tbell33
02-11-2009, 04:07 AM
Amare for Josh smith

dukey9
02-11-2009, 05:01 PM
No thanks. I wish Josh would mature like Amare and stop taking so many jumpers. Josh is a high flyer he s most successful when he is in the air. He needs to be coached in that direction and if woodson is trying he needs to mature and take heed. But you can keep Amare. I want Tyson Chandler.

Pmeehan
02-15-2009, 04:07 PM
i was just going to B**CH and say that having a 7 footer would slow us down because we ARE the most athletic team in the league, but adding Tyson to the starting lineup would give us a big man that could run with us and grab TONs of offensive rebounds....just dont know what i would give up for him....maybe sign an trade for some expiring contracts? but New Orleans would never go for that

Pmeehan
02-15-2009, 04:08 PM
and who ever said Brad Miller would be good on the Hawks should be slapped in the face...multiple times

goco0601
02-15-2009, 10:30 PM
i just dont understand why we're not making a push to get amare. He's exactly of what we could use on the team, and he's looking for a new start. Him and Joe Johnson, as well as J Smith, would be tough to compete with.

dawgsfan_45
02-15-2009, 10:46 PM
No thanks. I wish Josh would mature like Amare and stop taking so many jumpers. Josh is a high flyer he s most successful when he is in the air. He needs to be coached in that direction and if woodson is trying he needs to mature and take heed. But you can keep Amare. I want Tyson Chandler.

lololololol

Amare>>>>>>>>Tyson Chandler

dukey9
02-16-2009, 08:49 AM
i just dont understand why we're not making a push to get amare. He's exactly of what we could use on the team, and he's looking for a new start. Him and Joe Johnson, as well as J Smith, would be tough to compete with.

Amare is a good player but I just dont believe he is what we need. I mean we have a Horford that I think is better suited at power forward. But like the guy posted below you I believe that Tyson Chandler can run with this team hes great rebounder and shot blocker hes 7'1" and atheletic. I mean he has one more year like Joe Johnson and hey lets see if we could run for a title this year and next year. After that everybody contract will be up except Josh and Horford. I would give up Marvin Williams and Zaza. The hornets have said all they want is expiring contracts in return. We are not gonna give Marvin the 9 or 10 million per year we gave Josh that would be stupid. Marvin has a option coming up so we either tender him and risk a team signing him and we get nothing or make our on choice and get something in return. The last time we really had success in this league was when we had Mutombo in the middle and we need a player like that in late close games so players wont feel like they can just drive to paint and lay it up.