PDA

View Full Version : Vincent.

B2theRY
01-12-2009, 03:38 PM
im waiting for you all to say im stupid and start blacklashing but I WOULD trade my first this year and whatever else tampa would want for Lecavalier... wouldnt even think twice ask what they want and i'd say DONE.

TSN's Hockey Insider Darren Dreger is reporting that the Lightning front office is debating whether or not to deal star forward Vincent Lecavalier.

Tampa general manager Brian Lawton is said to be fielding interest in Lecavalier with the Montreal Canadiens appearing at the forefront. Players rumored to be involved in talks with Montreal GM Bob Gainey are Chris Higgins, Tomas Plekanec, and prospect PK Subban. Lecavalier trade rumors just never seem to go away. Stay tuned as this is sure to heat up going forward. Jan. 12 - 11:18 am et
Source: TSN.ca

Frank Costanza
01-12-2009, 04:37 PM
frank gives whatever they want, not a surprise to many in this room as frank wants as much talent is avail to speed up this rebuilding, bring on any big names, burkii i know you hate being a no name team,

con_artist
01-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Didn't they just sign him to a ridiculous extension? I could see him getting dealt but not to us, his price would be extremely steep and we can't spare the picks or prospects

McJoe
01-12-2009, 06:08 PM
I picked "no, I'm stupid and rather bums like Matt Stajan" for the following reason...

Even if we wanted Vinny we dont have enough to get him without making a RIDICULOUS offer like 3 1st rounders, Pogge, Schenn, Tlusty or something like that which I wouldnt trade for anyone. The offer would definitely include Schenn and at least one 1st round pick for a 28 year old Vinny Lecavalier. I would rather wait in futility for my own franchise center than trade all of my assets for one that may be 34 by the time we put enough pieces around him to actually compete.

If we were talking about Evgeni Malkin then I would trade anything and everything for him cause he is only 22 but not for a 28 year old Vincent Lecavalier.

H-MYK
01-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing Vinny in a Leafs uni.

con_artist
01-12-2009, 08:46 PM
lol, I'm stupid and I love that piece of garbage matt stajan

B2theRY
01-12-2009, 10:52 PM
he will be a HAB
and i will then get his jersey since TB have ugly ones.

the leafs should make a play for him 28 years old is still young..and he is locked up for life.

McJoe
01-12-2009, 11:07 PM
he will be a HAB
and i will then get his jersey since TB have ugly ones.

the leafs should make a play for him 28 years old is still young..and he is locked up for life.

Vinny wont be the same player when we are competitive when he turns 33/34/35. If we deal what it will take to get Vinny and give the Lightning TWO TOP FIVE PICKS NEXT SEASON and us NONE then it will take AT LEAST 5 years for us to compete if not more.

Look at it this way. The Leafs currently have ONE player on the ROSTER who was a first round pick and I may be wrong but TWO players in the SYSTEM who are first round picks. Burkey is gonna have to pull off a miracle to make us a contender within 2 years.

B2theRY
01-12-2009, 11:09 PM
then you deal him before that time... here is the rumor from montreal... you're telling me the leafs dont have those type of players to trade away to get him?

im sure you can find 3 equal leafs to:
Antropov, Ian White, Prospect & Pick

Higgins, Tomas Plekanec, and prospect PK Subban.

TSN's Hockey Insider Darren Dreger is reporting that the Lightning front office is debating whether or not to deal star forward Vincent Lecavalier.

Tampa general manager Brian Lawton is said to be fielding interest in Lecavalier with the Montreal Canadiens appearing at the forefront. Players rumored to be involved in talks with Montreal GM Bob Gainey are Chris Higgins, Tomas Plekanec, and prospect PK Subban. Lecavalier trade rumors just never seem to go away. Stay tuned as this is sure to heat up going forward. Jan. 12 - 11:18 am et

McJoe
01-12-2009, 11:22 PM
the Leafs dont have a Plekanec in their ORGANIZATION!!

Tomas Plekanec is 25 years old and is coming off a 69 point season. The Leafs dont have a player ON THEIR ROSTER who's CAREER HIGH is 69 points. Kaberle's career high is 67 points, Antropov's career high is 56 points, Stemp's career high is 52 points, and Nik Hagman's career high is 41 points.

Chris Higgins is also 25 and Lee Stempniak could probably take his place being the same age and has actually a higher career high.

PK Subban = Anton Stralman

Josh Gorges is also a part of this offer according to the report I saw. He is 23 and is developing into a very good young offensive defenceman and I'm pretty sure he is running their PP at the moment.

then the offer also has a couple of picks in it.

Halladay
01-12-2009, 11:38 PM
I really doubt we even have the pieces to make a trade with Tampa. The only real young player we have is Luke Schenn...Stralman, Kulemin, Tlusty...alot of these guys are decent young players but nothing compared to Higgins or Plekanec. On top of that, even if we gave them a bunch of young players, we'd also probably have to give up picks as well. If Vinny came here, he'd have no one to play with and no prospects coming up. It just wouldn't make alot of sense for our teams situation. In a salary cap league it makes it even tougher and Vinny's contract is crazy. Vinny to Montreal makes too much sense I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up a Hab one day. Vinny in Montreal would be straight up scary.

B2theRY
01-13-2009, 05:55 PM
I'd dump Tlusty in a deal for Vincent.
I think the Habs will land him
he would fit in pretty nicely into their lineup
and i think they'd give him the C next season and let saku go. (ie trade him)

I love saku and always have wish he was a leaf.

Talick
01-13-2009, 11:59 PM
I'd dump Tlusty in a deal for Vincent.
I think the Habs will land him
he would fit in pretty nicely into their lineup
and i think they'd give him the C next season and let saku go. (ie trade him)

I love saku and always have wish he was a leaf.

I think vinny has been auditioning for the Habs his entire career.

B2theRY
01-14-2009, 04:07 PM
^^ yeah but he turned down the habs to stay with tampa.

McJoe
01-14-2009, 05:44 PM
hes never been an FA what are you talking about...

B2theRY
01-15-2009, 05:41 PM
he signed a year early to stay in tampa said he wants to end his career in tampa.. that's what im talkin' about willis.

he was 1 year away from F.A.
if he wanted to be a hab that badly he couldve said ill wait a year., correct?

McJoe
01-15-2009, 09:01 PM
^^touche...

the latest news is that the deal is gonna have to include Mike Komisarek. If you guys want Vinny then someone put together a deal where we match Mike Komisarek. The guy is 26 and an elite defensive defenceman. He is also an all star this season.

boms-4
01-16-2009, 02:25 AM
we wont see Vinny in a leafs jersey any time soon

CDNBoyz
01-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Rumor has it that it would take a #1 0r #2 Defenseman, a top six forward, and a top prospect or picks.

So why not this:

Kaberle, Antropov, Tlusty, and a 3rd in '09

for

Lecavalier and Malone (salary dump to make trade work)

Would you do it?

McJoe
01-16-2009, 02:04 PM
^^cause Kaberle is 30. Komisarek is 26. The Lightning wont trade Vinny for an older player cause they will be rebuilding without him.

I dont think they trade him anyway so it doesnt matter.

B2theRY
01-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Antropov, Tlusty, Ian White & 3rd.

For

Vinny and Gary Roberts (let him retire a leaf)

McJoe
01-17-2009, 02:39 PM
^^oh ya that matches the Habs trade lol. Keep dreamin boys.

CDNBoyz
01-17-2009, 05:44 PM
^^cause Kaberle is 30. Komisarek is 26. The Lightning wont trade Vinny for an older player cause they will be rebuilding without him.

I dont think they trade him anyway so it doesnt matter.

Not only will Tampa Bay not be rebuilding if they trade Vinny you are totally wrong on the Kaberle front as well. Kaberle is a way better d-man then Komisarek 4 years older or not.

Tampa can go to an instant Cup contender with a trade for Vinny. They still have players like St. Louis, Prospal, Recchi, and others. If they get the right pieces back in a trade they can become instant contenders especially in the East.

That being said, the Leafs offer may not do this for them but it definitely is better then that of Montreal.

McJoe
01-18-2009, 02:16 AM
^^another thing to add...the Habs trade supposedly includes as PACKAGE of picks including more than 1 first rounder. If the Leafs trade a first rounder for anyone over 23 without already having success AND ridiculous upside I wont be happy.

B2theRY
01-18-2009, 10:37 AM
^^oh ya that matches the Habs trade lol. Keep dreamin boys.

it was a joke :P
the habs WILL overpay for Vinny to bring him to montrael to bring home a french canadian boy. let him lead the team instead of a russian or a finnish boy.

B2theRY
01-18-2009, 10:39 AM
bottom line:

habs WILL overpay to get Vinny..

con_artist
01-18-2009, 01:30 PM
bottom line:

habs WILL overpay to get Vinny..

I think you're right on that one

B2theRY
01-21-2009, 10:51 AM
habs need a real face of the franchise.. i dont think carey price is that guy and they seem to want to weed SAKU out.

what better than a french canadian.. who is always in the top 5 in scoring.