PDA

View Full Version : #3 UNC/#4 Wake Forest

metsfreak
01-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Anyone watching this game? It is great so far, 36-32 Wake with about 6 minutes to go in the first half.

Driven
01-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Tie game at the half.

BRAVE KID
01-11-2009, 10:04 PM
I am, it's going as I expected it would go. Wake is proving that they are teams that can give UNC a hard time..so maybe a national championship for UNC is not as easy as some would think.

IndiansFan337
01-11-2009, 10:41 PM
This is a tight one. I thought that UNC would take them down, even though it is @ Wake. So far Wake is leading & looking VERY impressive.

I almost took UNC as my Streak for Cash pick, but thank goodness I changed that at the last moment.

thegreatone08
01-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Carolina is playing terrible. They keep letting a single player on the other team have career nights. Rice for BC and now Teague for Wake. Wake may very well be the best team in the ACC right now. Hansbrough isn't getting enough touches and is now in seriously foul trouble. Deon Thompson didn't show up once again. All I have to say is thank the lord for Danny Green. Single handly keeping us in this game.

Sabres39
01-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Boy, coming into the season, I thought Wake was going to be good, but not this good. I have been very impressed with Wake so far this year, and this game.

IndiansFan337
01-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Carolina is playing terrible. They keep letting a single player on the other team have career nights. Rice for BC and now Teague for Wake. Wake may very well be the best team in the ACC right now. Hansbrough isn't getting enough touches and is now in seriously foul trouble. Deon Thompson didn't show up once again. All I have to say is thank the lord for Danny Green. Single handly keeping us in this game.

Agreed.

36% FG% tonight.

That's pathetic for such an athletic squad.

They need to get their act together. I thought prior to the season that this squad could make it through the season with only 1-2 losses. But right now they just aren't clicking. The chemistry isn't there....yet.

Driven
01-11-2009, 11:29 PM
Game over. Wake wins.

BRAVE KID
01-11-2009, 11:29 PM
Boy, coming into the season, I thought Wake was going to be good, but not this good. I have been very impressed with Wake so far this year, and this game.Yea Wake is scary. Duke is going to have some trouble facing them. Wake wins.

IndiansFan337
01-11-2009, 11:34 PM
That was a pathetic attempt on a 3 at the buzzer. It went completely over the hoop, & wasn't even contested.

This is a big confidence booster for the young Wake Forest squad.

thegreatone08
01-11-2009, 11:37 PM
UNC can't afford another conference loss. This is the first time since '96-97 they started 0-2 in conference. And that includes the 8-20 season. They are playing with no rythem. Their offense is not running smooth at all. Honestly, if it wasn't for Danny Green, this game would have been a blowout.

JAZZNC
01-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Yes sir, my Deacs proved they deserved their ranking. Very tough game but Wake was in control for most of the game right to the end. Man, Carolina loses their first 2 conference games....could be interesting:D

homestarunner93
01-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Thank God, UNC couldn't even accept losing to BC...they were still National Champs no problem. Maybe this will shut them up, just like losing to Clemson and Duke will.

thegreatone08
01-12-2009, 12:09 AM
Thank God, UNC couldn't even accept losing to BC...they were still National Champs no problem. Maybe this will shut them up, just like losing to Clemson and Duke will.

First of all, Wake should have blown UNC out tonite. UNC shot less than 40%. Hansbrough couldn't even be aggressive the last 10 minutes of the second half and barely got any touches. Unless Wake finds a second go to scorer then they are going to be in trouble. Not taking anything away from Wake, they are a very good team. But Teague won't score you 30 points every night.

LivingThroughMe
01-12-2009, 01:20 AM
First of all, Wake should have blown UNC out tonite. UNC shot less than 40%. Hansbrough couldn't even be aggressive the last 10 minutes of the second half and barely got any touches. Unless Wake finds a second go to scorer then they are going to be in trouble. Not taking anything away from Wake, they are a very good team. But Teague won't score you 30 points every night.

This is such a stupid comment. You are clearly taking plenty away from Wake's win. You're saying how Wake should have blown out UNC. Then you're making excuses about shooting percentages and Hansbrough not getting the ball. Gee, did you ever think maybe Wake's defense caused this?

Oh, by the way, you should look at the box score before you post something as stupid as "Unless Wake finds a second leading scorer they're going to be in trouble". Wake beat UNC tonight

McFarland had 20 points, 2 others with 9 points.

cambovenzi
01-12-2009, 06:32 AM
yet another conference loss goes to the "unbeatable" tarheels.
good win wake.

thegreatone08
01-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Lets remember the last time the Heels start 0-2 in conference was the '96-97 season. This was Dean's last year with the Heels. Let's also remember the Heels went to the final four that year. However, another final four will be a let down if they do not win it all.

JAZZNC
01-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Damn Carolina fans always have an excuse for everything. They can't ever just lose to a better team. It's always something like the refs, Hansboro couldn't be agressive (that's b/c he wasn't good enough to play D without fouling last night), or Teague had an incredible game that won't happen again (he is the leading scorer in the ACC). You want to talk about Wake getting a second scorer, UNC just needed a scorer last night. Also, this game put the race for best PG in the ACC quite a bit closer than it was before. I'd certainly take Teague over Lawson in a head to head every time, kind of reminds me of Paul/Deron Williams. Paul/Lawson are great but the just don't have the size to deal with a guy like Teague.

thegreatone08
01-12-2009, 02:39 PM
If you read correctly I said Teague won't score Wake 30 points every night. And I do believe Danny Green had 22 points and Ellington and Hansbrough at 17.

And who said anything about the refs?

SidTheKid
01-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Teague was an animal! Props to Wake for playing clutch and beastly basketball last night.