PDA

View Full Version : Dick LeBeau For Head coach

oriolesfan1993
01-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Why doesnt anybody ever consider dick for a head coaching job. I know he is old but still. Just wondering what every body else thinks

CubbieSteve
01-11-2009, 05:28 PM
I don't see him, at this stage in his career taking a head coaching job.

NYMetros
01-11-2009, 05:30 PM
He's a Pittsburgh guy. I don't see him being selfish and leaving us now. If he wanted to be a head coach, he could have gotten a position as one a long time ago. I think he'd rather stay here and win a couple more SB rings.

Shieldsz
01-11-2009, 05:45 PM
He's too good of a defensive coach to be a head coach in my opinion... he is the best at what he does, but i think he wouldnt be a great HC.

Steelersbud420
01-11-2009, 09:30 PM
He's too good of a defensive coach to be a head coach in my opinion... he is the best at what he does, but i think he wouldnt be a great HC.

agree he didn't do that great with Cincy

metsfreak
01-11-2009, 09:35 PM
He was at one time with the Bengals and didn't do to well. Some guys are just better suited as coordinators.

jesusncleats
01-11-2009, 10:08 PM
He was at one time with the Bengals and didn't do to well. Some guys are just better suited as coordinators.

In his defense it WAS CINCY :ouch:

:D

hyp21
01-11-2009, 10:57 PM
Why doesnt anybody ever consider dick for a head coaching job. I know he is old but still. Just wondering what every body else thinks

He's 700 years old and prolly has no desire to head coach anymore. He had his chance in Cincy and if you check his stint there...didn't go very well. Sure he may have just not had a good enough coaching staff or whatever the case, but all in all, every coach isn't meant to be a head coach. He's the best at defense.

SwaggaIke
01-12-2009, 01:06 AM
Dick couldn't leave this team unless he could take each and every one of his defensive players w/ him. They call the man "coach dad", the connection between Dick LeBeau and his defensive players is unlike any other in the league. They all genuinely love each other.

Slash
01-12-2009, 01:17 AM
Dick, right now, is one of the top two defensive coordinators ever; the other being Buddy Ryan. He's done the head coach and it really didn't suit him. He has found his niche, he is presently the absolute best at that job now, has the respect of everyone in the league, I've never read a bad word about him while in Pittsburgh, and he has free reign to do whatever he wants.

He is happy and secure here and like Cowher, Tomlin is smart enough to not let his ego get in the way and to let LeBeau do what he does best.

sep11ie
01-12-2009, 11:59 AM
He didn't even want to be considered when our own position became available.

He's happy being the best at what he does.

Gould82
01-13-2009, 12:22 AM
LaBeau is a true professional. He tried head coaching and failed, but instead of crying about it he came back and has been a great d-coordinator. Some people just aren't meant to be head coaches. Nothing wrong with helping develop the best defense in football