PDA

View Full Version : 3 team trade, Felton for Diop and Earl Watson?

jimbobjarree
01-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Let's make a deal
With the trading deadline a little more than a month away, talks between teams seem to be heating up. An NBA source said a three-team trade is in the works that would include Oklahoma City sending guard Earl Watson to Charlotte, Dallas sending center DeSagana Diop to Charlotte, and Charlotte guard Raymond Felton going to Dallas. The source added that Milwaukee might be on the verge of a deal, too, as several teams have shown interest in ex-Connecticut star forward Charlie Villanueva and guard Ramon Sessions.

Boston.com (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2009/01/11/nelson_thinks_you_should_believe_in_magic/?page=2)

Ryan328
01-11-2009, 02:55 PM
I don't get why Dallas would want Felton. Where does he fit?

Kidd/Barea
Wright/Terry/Green
Howard/George/Williams
Nowitzki/Bass/Singleton
Dampier/Diop

*Also, who would OKC get?

homestarunner93
01-11-2009, 05:48 PM
I don't know...I know that we've been interested in Diop, but I don't think its worth giving up Felton.

JakeDelbreezy
01-11-2009, 06:03 PM
I don't get why Dallas would want Felton. Where does he fit?

Kidd/Barea
Wright/Terry/Green
Howard/George/Williams
Nowitzki/Bass/Singleton
Dampier/Diop

*Also, who would OKC get?

Dallas would get an expiring contract in Felton...Diop has several years and several million left on his deal. I poked around and I can't find any version's of this rumor involving OKC getting a player. Maybe it would be purely a salary dump or maybe they would get draft picks...

st3voness
01-11-2009, 07:19 PM
OKC gets Earl Watson.

Dallas needs a PG with talks of Kidd leaving next year. We don't want Terry running the point, and JJ Barea can not do it himself.

Dallas gets Raymond Felton.

Charlotte gets Desagana Diop.

OKC gets Earl Watson.

st3voness
01-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Disregard my post.. I'm an idiot.. lol.

TruBlu2376
01-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Bad trade all around, We give up a good PG and get crap back.Dallas gets a PG to replace Kidd when he leaves next year.Diop would not get any more playing time then Muhammad, and Watson is nothing but a career reserve player. We need a scorer, SG or C . Diop is not the answer at C. ....Why not try to get Ben Gordon, the bulls want to trade him, so lets go after him.And Kaman is hurt ,but would fit well in Larry Browns system and allow Oakafor to move over to PF, or do the same with Eddy Curry, although I am not a fan of his, Brown was able to get the most out of him. The Cats seem to be pushing to trade Felton ,Morrison,Bell,and Wallace, so why not put a package together with those combo of players to try to get a SG and C.

PG-Augustin/Singletary
SG-Gordon/Carroll
SF-Diaw/Brown/ ?
PF-Oakafor/Diaw/Howard
C-Kaman or Curry/ Muhammad/ Hollins

king4day
01-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Disregard my post.. I'm an idiot.. lol.

I got confused when I read that :)
You know you can edit you own posts right? THat way NO ONE ever sees any enbarressing mistakes ;)

king4day
01-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Bad trade all around, We give up a good PG and get crap back.Dallas gets a PG to replace Kidd when he leaves next year.Diop would not get any more playing time then Muhammad, and Watson is nothing but a career reserve player. We need a scorer, SG or C . Diop is not the answer at C. ....Why not try to get Ben Gordon, the bulls want to trade him, so lets go after him.And Kaman is hurt ,but would fit well in Larry Browns system and allow Oakafor to move over to PF, or do the same with Eddy Curry, although I am not a fan of his, Brown was able to get the most out of him. The Cats seem to be pushing to trade Felton ,Morrison,Bell,and Wallace, so why not put a package together with those combo of players to try to get a SG and C.

PG-Augustin/Singletary
SG-Gordon/Carroll
SF-Diaw/Brown/ ?
PF-Oakafor/Diaw/Howard
C-Kaman or Curry/ Muhammad/ Hollins

That would be a really sick team if it went down.
I don't like Diop though. I think he has 5 more years at 6 mil a year left after this one. Dallas was mental for giving him that horrid contract. I'd hate to see Charlotte left with it.

JakeDelbreezy
01-12-2009, 11:25 AM
It looks like Nazr might be involved in the trade too...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bobcats/story/466600.html

uncblue2332
01-12-2009, 12:43 PM
it still make no sense diop is just like nazr why would we swap bad contracts when the one coming in is longer much longer it wont happen

op12
01-14-2009, 12:04 AM
if they trade felton for only diop or not much else, i think i might be done with the cats. felton is about the only reason i am still hanging on.

GSW fan
01-14-2009, 12:04 AM
i thought felton would come to gs. diop goes to charlotte. and maggette goes to dallas?
thats what i heard. probly no trade will happen till the deadline though.

king4day
01-14-2009, 09:49 AM
Not sure what Brown sees in Diop but he's wanted him for a while.
I don't see the Warriors dea
l happening unless they threw in a PG too for Charlotte. There wouldn't be a backup to Augustin outside of Singletary.

JakeDelbreezy
01-14-2009, 03:39 PM
i thought felton would come to gs. diop goes to charlotte. and maggette goes to dallas?
thats what i heard. probly no trade will happen till the deadline though.

I think the most up to date version of the rumor has Felton going to Dallas, Jerry Stackhouse and 2nd rd pick going to OKC with the Thunder immediately buying Stackhouse out and the Bobcats ending up with Earl Watson and Diop.

uncblue2332
01-15-2009, 12:02 PM
JakeDelbreezy no one can take you seriously with that being your name. Everyone knows delhomme is quite possibly the worst QB in the league behind J.T. O'Sullivan. If he didnt have Steve SMith making miraculous catches his game against the cardinals would be every week like that. He just throws it up for steve to grab a terribly thrown ball. As far as the trade goes, sources said at first it would be stalled until Augustin gets back but now all sides dont see any improvement on the bobcats side and the trade for sure wont go through

JakeDelbreezy
01-15-2009, 02:33 PM
So, we're in the Bobcats forum and you're talking about the Panthers? Ehh...I feel so embarassed some dude made fun of my screen name on an anonymous forum...oh how will I ever recover from the shame? Believe me I could care less what you think about the name, your opinion, who you are etc...quite frankly I could care less about you in general...nice not knowing you pal. Lets keep the conversation on the topic.

homestarunner93
01-15-2009, 09:59 PM
So, we're in the Bobcats forum and you're talking about the Panthers? Ehh...I feel so embarassed some dude made fun of my screen name on an anonymous forum...oh how will I ever recover from the shame? Believe me I could care less what you think about the name, your opinion, who you are etc...quite frankly I could care less about you in general...nice not knowing you pal. Lets keep the conversation on the topic.

:laugh:

GET OWNED!

HOZ THE KNICK
01-16-2009, 12:15 PM
eddie curry is on the block.