PDA

View Full Version : Allan Houston should come back to Knicks

andybauer91
01-11-2009, 12:16 AM
The Knicks have no consistent shooter on their team and even though Allan is not in amazing shape as he was 5 years ago, he can still go in for about 20 min a game and put up great numbers. The Knicks have nothing to lose at this point. They are a terrible team. Why not give this guy a shot?

see video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv88DVukm1g

lakers4sho
01-11-2009, 12:23 AM
big whoopdy doo I hit 15 straight 3s as well so I should be in the NBA too.

Sport
01-11-2009, 12:31 AM
As a coach? isnt he a little too old. I could see him MAYBE coming back if it was a position where he was almost guaranteed to be playing for a championship, but not for New York.

andybauer91
01-11-2009, 12:37 AM
As a coach? isnt he a little too old. I could see him MAYBE coming back if it was a position where he was almost guaranteed to be playing for a championship, but not for New York.

He was quoted in an article.
If he can play and still has that deadly stroke, then how come he didn't try to hook up with a contender? Karl Malone did that late in his career with the Lakers. When Reggie Miller thought about making a comeback last season, he considered the Celtics. Who wants to come back to this?

"I thought about going to a team like that, but this is much bigger than trying to go and satisfy my desire to win a title," Houston said. "This is about...I am a Knick. This is about trying to do whatever I can to help the Knicks improve and lend whatever experience I have. This is not about me saying, 'I've got to go win my ring.'"

Raps18-19 Champ
01-11-2009, 12:38 AM

word i was gonna say the exact same thing

andybauer91
01-11-2009, 12:38 AM

post a video of you doing that on youtube and maybe you DO deserve a 10 day contract :D

listen dude i was just trying to reinforce the fact that the guy is
a GREAT shooter

yboord028
01-11-2009, 12:40 AM
He already tried and got cut, so whats the point in trying again?

lakers4sho
01-11-2009, 12:40 AM
^^ doesn't mean he can come back and play. There are many factors to consider. ( to andybauer91 )

I doubt he can even run. Looking at the post moves he was doing he seemed slow on his turnaround jumpers.

andybauer91
01-11-2009, 12:49 AM
He already tried and got cut, so whats the point in trying again?

i guess the point is the Knicks REALLLYYY suk
because they lack consistent shooters
and honestly allan houston no matter how old is a consistent shooter

andybauer91
01-11-2009, 12:50 AM
^^ doesn't mean he can come back and play. There are many factors to consider. ( to andybauer91 )

I doubt he can even run. Looking at the post moves he was doing he seemed slow on his turnaround jumpers.

Allan Houston Blog
I truly enjoyed reading your questions. And a number of them asked whether Iíll ever return to the court as a player.

I wake up most days and think to myself ĎI can still do ití, but I think every player when they first stop playing probably thinks the same thing. A couple of times when there were injuries during practice, I stepped in and practiced. That was a lot of fun. Sometimes I tease the coaches about a 10-day contract.

But the reality is Donnie Walsh and the Knicks have given me an unbelievable opportunity to learn a different side of the game, while still being involved, and start a new chapter of my life. I look back and think of so many guys who I played with and against. We all have to move on sometime.

I always enjoyed basketball training. I never liked to ride a bike or run on the treadmill for an hour. I would much rather run basketball suicides, which combines the running with jump shots. Basketball suicides a few times a week will keep anyone in shape. I have a lot of shooting drills that I do to stay in shape as well.

Iím actually working on an instructional shooting DVD, and a lot of the drills will be on the DVD. Some of which I do with some of the guys after practice. I often go early before the home games and do extra conditioning drills with some players like Anthony Roberson, Eddy Curry, and Danilo Gallinari. Sometimes guys will do extra when their game minutes are down or they are coming off an injury to stay ready. And I still hit the weight room a few times a week. I just donít like my body feeling dead. I like my body feeling energetic and I enjoy getting the blood flowing as often as possible. Thatís something I think I will always do.

Thank you for all the questions and comments. Keep them coming. I would love to hear from the greatest fans in the world.

unwantedplayer
01-11-2009, 01:29 AM
I could see him as a 1 dimensional player, only used for shooting. Seeing how the Knicks D is bad, he would fit perfectly.

lakers4sho
01-11-2009, 01:33 AM
^^ not if he can't run

remember it's Mike D'Antoni who's coaching...

BrizzleBear
01-11-2009, 02:06 AM

Really, You should make a video of you doing that.

Giaps
01-11-2009, 01:18 PM
He's assistant to the GM. He is mentoring Chandler and working with Gallinari closely. I'm happy with where he is.

IndyRealist
01-11-2009, 02:42 PM
If Houston plays, the Knicks might get more wins. If they get more wins, they'll be in worse draft position next year. End of story.

madiaz3
01-11-2009, 03:31 PM
i guess the point is the Knicks REALLLYYY suk
because they lack consistent shooters
and honestly allan houston no matter how old is a consistent shooter

they dont suck. they are just seriously undermanned

starting center hasnt played all season,so far a combined 2:38
we trade our best two players, but only get one good player in return because the other guy is suddenly on the verge of dying

they play consistantly with only 7 people in a game because they dont have enough people to play with

your idea is dumb