PDA

View Full Version : Cavs +/-

BosoxPapi61
01-10-2009, 07:36 AM
On this website, you will find the total cavs +/- for the season. Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions.

http://sites.google.com/site/cavsthing/

BosoxPapi61
01-10-2009, 11:01 PM
So, good, bad, ugly???

enabring
01-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Well, I don't think most Cavs fans really care. From a personal note, you are a Boston Red Sox fan and a Damon Jones fan so I can't really relate to you. I think most Cavs fans will be in the same situation.

NickChrisless
01-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Cavs thing was inspired last year by Damon Jones. Damon was my favorite player and I could never understand why he got so little playing time. I saw that when he was on the court the Cavs did much better than when he was off.

Really???

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
01-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Really???

Haha, Damon is a real character.

CavsYanksDuke
01-11-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm a Cavaliers who hates +/-'s stats and I'm a Yankees fan so I kind of find everything about this thread stupid.

enabring
01-11-2009, 06:13 PM
I'm a Cavaliers who hates +/-'s stats and I'm a Yankees fan so I kind of find everything about this thread stupid.

Exactly, just because Jones' +/- was good doesn't mean he did a good job. This dude was extremely streaky. At least wherever he is now he found he shot and is a starting point guard again...oh wait.

BosoxPapi61
01-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Well, I don't think most Cavs fans really care. From a personal note, you are a Boston Red Sox fan and a Damon Jones fan so I can't really relate to you. I think most Cavs fans will be in the same situation.

I was born in NH and live in OH now

jeffvdone
01-12-2009, 10:37 AM
The Cavs are 29-6 and have the best record in the east. I dont think anybody cares. If damon jones was so good where is he now? O wait i think hes selling hot dogs somewhere in Milwaukee.

BosoxPapi61
01-12-2009, 04:45 PM
The Cavs are 29-6 and have the best record in the east. I dont think anybody cares. If damon jones was so good where is he now? O wait i think hes selling hot dogs somewhere in Milwaukee.

I never said that Damon was good. I like him. I know that the Cavs are 29-6, I'm not saying any roster moves should be made

IndiansFan337
01-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Jones only played in brief spurts. If he played extensively his flaws would have been exposed. Smart coaching was the main reason for his success in the +/- department.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
01-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Jones only played in brief spurts. If he played extensively his flaws would have been exposed. Smart coaching was the main reason for his success in the +/- department.

Another reason why I don't really appreciate +/-.

There seems like there's more factors in it then just minutes played etc.

IndiansFan337
01-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Another reason why I don't really appreciate +/-.

There seems like there's more factors in it then just minutes played etc.

+/- is usually a good way to tell if a team is a winning team or not. It isn't a very good factor when used to judge a specific player, since there are 9 others on the court at the same time. It should only be used to judge a team as a whole. And even that can be skewed by the numerous different factors.

I wouldn't use +/- to judge much more than if a team is a winner/loser & try to estimate how far above/below .500 they likely rest.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
01-13-2009, 10:29 PM
+/- is usually a good way to tell if a team is a winning team or not. It isn't a very good factor when used to judge a specific player, since there are 9 others on the court at the same time. It should only be used to judge a team as a whole. And even that can be skewed by the numerous different factors.

I wouldn't use +/- to judge much more than if a team is a winner/loser & try to estimate how far above/below .500 they likely rest.

Exactly, but the problem is many people use it on a individual level. When it should only be a team thing.

BosoxPapi61
01-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Just, updated it, it's sad to see Delonte go...

BosoxPapi61
01-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Is anyone still viewing it?