PDA

View Full Version : A look at the 2009 pirates

burgh_fan66
01-08-2009, 07:44 PM
I always check this board and there is little to no activity so I am going to try to jumop start it. the first thing i thought id do was start a discussion on who should be the 13 position players the pirates take north. I am assuming we basically are only going to have what we do now outside of maybe one OF.

Pos Starter Backup
C R Doumit, J Jaramillo/R Diaz
1B Ad LaRoche, S Pearce
2B F Sanchez, B Bixler/ L Cruz
3B An LaRoche, R Vazquez
SS J Wilson, B Bixler/ L Cruz
LF FA (i think they will sign someone to play here), N Morgan
CF N McLouth, N Morgan
RF B Moss, S Pearce

so basically i see the position players as:
R Doumit, Ad LaRoche, F Sanchez, An LaRoche, J Wilson, N McLouth, B Moss, S Pearce, N Morgan, R Vazquez, one of Bixler/Cruz, one of Jaramillo/Diaz, and a FA to play the outfield.

thoughts?

XxYaNk3eS84xX
01-08-2009, 09:06 PM
you guys have some young talent, i dont see anything this year but in a few years you guys me be the rays of the NL.

burgh_fan66
01-08-2009, 09:14 PM
thanks for the input. i dont see much this year and im an optimistic pirate fan. i think if they get a lot of breaks then maybe just maybe they can have an outside shot at 500. more realisticly speaking though i see about 68-70 wins.

tooch
01-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Lets go over .500 this year!

Piratebaseball
01-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Why would you sign a Free Agent for one of the corner outfield slots there are no solid free agents left the pirates would either sign someone past there prime or a nobody. Call up MCcuthchen and play him the entire season and get Laroche's contract of the books and trade him and play Steve Pearce at first the pirate's need to just throw these young kids in the majors much like the rays did a few years back and i dont think there regretting it now.

Piratebaseball
01-11-2009, 04:43 PM
2009 Pirates

CF Nate Mclouth
Lf Andrew Mccutchen
RF Brandon Moss
3rd Base Andy Laroche
ss Jack Wilson (Until he's traded at the deadline)
2nd Freddy Sanchez
1st base Adam Laroche (Unload his 5 million a year and play Steve Pearche there)
Catcher Ryan Doumit