PDA

View Full Version : RH Power OF

burgh_fan66
01-08-2009, 07:36 PM
the Pirates are supposedly looking for a right handed power hitting outfielder. is there anyone left in free agency who fits this description who is at least a possibility for the Pirates?

NYYankeesWin#27
01-09-2009, 02:47 PM
not really any1 left except manny but tht not gonna happen. but a good lefty available is bobby abreu.

tooch
01-09-2009, 03:42 PM
they are talkin to yankees about swisher, or nady i think it would be a bad idea to trade for nady. because then why did they trade him in the first place

Highcheese4U
01-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Not necessarily a bad idea to get Nady back BUT... then again- Nady is a FA after this season so we may have to revisit this idea again later.. so maybe not!

Swisher is supposedly involved in these talks too but I don't know who from the pirates side could possibly be involved?!

Abreu would be a good fit here in Pit imo.. but this won't happen because our owners here don't want to spend any kind of money!

All indications lead me to think that none of this will happen. The Bucs front office will most likely wait until the very last minute to sign a player on the rebound.. from the likes of Emil Brown, Justin Christian, Jacque Jones, Jay Payton yada-yada..etc..

tooch
01-09-2009, 07:47 PM
yeah true
how much do the pirates have to spend this offseason?

burgh_fan66
01-10-2009, 01:08 AM
yeah true
how much do the pirates have to spend this offseason?

they say they have about 10-15 million to spend but i dont see it coming near that. so far its Vazquez at 2 million.

and to who ever suggested Emil Brown thats who I figured my Pirates would end up with. Oh well ... maybe one of these days we can at least sniff 500 in September. :(

sep11ie
01-10-2009, 04:51 AM
I think the Pirates are just waiting in the weeds.
They are an IMACT player away from any tea in the N.L.

That being said, I say BRING IN MANNY!, if nothing happens, trade him.

Green Weenie
01-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Sign Ramirez and Bonds