PDA

View Full Version : Worst/Fair/Best case scenario for these rookies.

Hellcrooner
01-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Who do they see becoming like if they Fail to succed at their career if they become more or less who they can or if they overachieve.

Westbrook:C Hodges/Marc Jackson/Payton

Rose:Tj Ford/Tim Hardaway/Isiaiah

Oj:I Rider/V Carter/Drexler

Rudy Fernandez:Kapono/Ginobili/Alex English

Beasley:B Benjamin/D Coleman /Webber

Marc Gasol:Mculloch/Lambieer /Sabonis

Greg Oden:Olowokandi/Duckworth /Mutombo

SFloridaSports
01-08-2009, 06:19 PM
beasley will be better than webber at best

ShakeN'Bake
01-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Idk why Tj Ford is a worst case scenario imo hes pretty good

madiaz3
01-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Idk why Tj Ford is a worst case scenario imo hes pretty good

Because Rose is already as good or better, ie. worst case is that he doesn't develop from his first season.

Kyben36
01-08-2009, 11:10 PM
Id give Best Case for Rose is What Devein Haris was last year. Not this Year But last. I mean thats is only if he totaly Dies.

Kyle916
01-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Who do they see becoming like if they Fail to succed at their career if they become more or less who they can or if they overachieve.

I don't think those possible comparisons are very good for those 4.

Especially for Rose, Mayo, and Oden.

Rose: he's a new breed of PG, there aren't many possible comparisons for him.

Mayo: He's more of a prototypical shooting guard who can shoot the lights out, while guys like Carter and Drexler made more of living attacking the rim.

Oden: He's a once in a decade potential. He's already a defensive force, and if the offense gets there, Olajuwan should be in there.

nalej85
01-09-2009, 12:39 AM

Mayo: He's more of a prototypical shooting guard who can shoot the lights out, while guys like Carter and Drexler made more of living attacking the rim.

Oden: He's a once in a decade potential. He's already a defensive force, and if the offense gets there, Olajuwan should be in there.

Rose...worst case scenario Kenny Anderson, best case Isaiah Thomas

Fair assessment there.....Lets remember Carter only made a living attacking the rim the 1st five years of his career

I think Oden will be more Mutombo/Bill Russell than Olajuwon.. I don't see him becoming an offensive juggernaut. That doesn't mean he can't become one though...

lakerboy
01-09-2009, 12:45 AM

Mayo = worst case = Ben Gordon

SteveNash
01-09-2009, 01:19 AM

Westbrook: Rajon Rondo/Joe Dumars/Walt Frazier

Rose: Jay Williams/Steve Francis/Stephon Marbury

OJ: Isiah Rider/Ben Gordon/Michael Jordan

Rudy Fernandez: Travis Knight/Walter Hermann/Wally Szczerbiak

Beasley: Dirk Nowitzki/Carmelo Anthony/Elgin Baylor

Marc Gasol: Bryant Reeves/Rasho Nestrovic/Darko Milicic

Greg Oden Shawn Bradley/Hakeem Olajuwon/Wilt

Kyle916
01-09-2009, 05:20 AM

Those are better, but Fernandez is more athletic and I see his best case as much better than those three.

Big Quett
01-09-2009, 05:43 AM

Ok HOLD ON!!!!!! Lets not get carried away here.

I live in Memphis and i am as big a fan as anyone but i think the Jordan comparison was a little but much. I mean i hope your right. God i hope your right. But i think that is going to far.

I mean i have watched virtually every game either in person or on tv. I think he more like a Joe Johnson or Ray Allen type. I mean he is a deadly shooter and an underrated playmaker.

Faneik
01-09-2009, 06:40 AM
Beasley: Troy Murphy / Jamison / Scalabrine

GregOden#1
01-09-2009, 06:56 AM
I think Oden will be more Mutombo/Bill Russell than Olajuwon.. I don't see him becoming an offensive juggernaut. That doesn't mean he can't become one though...

I'd rather have Bill Russell than Olajuwon. Especially on this Blazers team.

SteveNash
01-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Those are better, but Fernandez is more athletic and I see his best case as much better than those three.

Travis Knight was supposed to be for Gasol, I just got the players mixed up.

Herrmann's pretty athletic, and Wally's not bad either.

Ok HOLD ON!!!!!! Lets not get carried away here.

I live in Memphis and i am as big a fan as anyone but i think the Jordan comparison was a little but much. I mean i hope your right. God i hope your right. But i think that is going to far.

I mean i have watched virtually every game either in person or on tv. I think he more like a Joe Johnson or Ray Allen type. I mean he is a deadly shooter and an underrated playmaker.

Well it's best case, not what's going to happen.

Probably it's a little higher than that. Michael Jordan with a better jumpshot is what I see as his best case scenario.

Draco
01-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Probably it's a little higher than that. Michael Jordan with a better jumpshot is what I see as his best case scenario.

That's ridiculous. Jordan made his name getting to the rim early in his career. Mayo has problems finishing at the rim. Not to mention that Mayo has nowhere near the impact Jordan had as a rookie.

SteveNash
01-09-2009, 08:35 AM
That's ridiculous. Jordan made his name getting to the rim early in his career. Mayo has problems finishing at the rim. Not to mention that Mayo has nowhere near the impact Jordan had as a rookie.

If Jordan had a better jumpshot he wouldn't have been finishing near the rim as often as he did either.

Mayo has less experience than Jordan had when he was a rookie, and Mayo is on a team of players that needs the ball in their hands.

Draco
01-09-2009, 08:49 AM
If Jordan had a better jumpshot he wouldn't have been finishing near the rim as often as he did either.

Mayo has less experience than Jordan had when he was a rookie, and Mayo is on a team of players that needs the ball in their hands.

Jordan had a 51.5% FG and averaged 28.2 PPG
Mayo has a 45 % FG and averages 19.9 PPG

If Jordan had a better jump shot why would he choose to use it? He was far more successful than Mayo currently is showing. Whereas Jordan developed a better jumper (what he started with wasn't horrible) Mayo isn't likely to develop into a better fininsher. It doesn't work that way. You either got it or you don't. My last post on the topic.. this comparison is just too ridiculous even by PSD standards.

SteveNash
01-09-2009, 09:07 AM
Jordan had a 51.5% FG and averaged 28.2 PPG
Mayo has a 45 % FG and averages 19.9 PPG

If Jordan had a better jump shot why would he choose to use it? He was far more successful than Mayo currently is showing. Whereas Jordan developed a better jumper (what he started with wasn't horrible) Mayo isn't likely to develop into a better fininsher. It doesn't work that way. You either got it or you don't. My last post on the topic.. this comparison is just too ridiculous even by PSD standards.

Do you not understand what best case scenario is?

Plenty of players haven't been able to come anywhere near their best case scenario. So I don't know why you're arguing Jordan's stats now. Certainly Oden isn't anywhere close to Wilt right now. We're talking about how players will develop in the future.

GregOden#1
01-09-2009, 09:15 AM
I dunno if Oden can approach Wilt. Mayo and MJ is a different matter, it's incredibly unlikely, but possible. As crazy as it sounds Oden isn't near the athlete Wilt was, and Wilt was playing in a league were because of the rules athleticism wasn't important. Wilt was held back and still did what he did, Oden just has to worry about the refs going against him. They're not even really the same type of player. If we were going to go crazy with the predictions I'd say Oden was worst case poor mans Mutombo, fair case rich mans Mutombo and best case rich mans Hakeem (if we're going crazy with the rich man part and provided we dont factor in injury concerns, which I dont think you should).

JJ81
01-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Do more

D_Rose1118
01-10-2009, 12:10 PM

BALLER71
01-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Beasley: Troy Murphy / Jamison / Scalabrine

Beasley: Cliff Robinson/Antwan Jamison/Carmelo Anthony

nalej85