PDA

View Full Version : NBA Fact or Fiction

ccugrad1
06-02-2004, 09:36 PM
Ok folks, let's play a little NBA Fact or Fiction. Here are 5 "debatable" questions for everyone to ponder. It will be interesting to see the responses:

1) Fact or Fiction-- The Lakers still beat the T'Wolves with a healthy Sam Cassell?

I say fiction. The Lakers won game 3 by 11, game 4 by 7, and game 6 by 6. I think Cassell very easily could have scored 12, 8, and 7 in those respective games. Plus, I think he would have greatly improved the Wolves defensive play. I think Minnesota is in the finals with a healthy Cassell

2) Fact or Fiction--- The Dallas Mavericks are the most underachieving team in the NBA this year?

I say that is a definite FACT. You have Walker, Jamison, Finley, Nowitzki, and Nash on your team, and you can't even make it past the 1st round? The Mavs have entirely too much talent to be this mediocre. They should be contending for the title each year, but they're not. Something is not right with that picture.

3) Fact or Fiction--- The Los Angeles Lakers are still "Shaq's team!"

I say fact. There is no more dominating presence in the NBA down low than Shaquille O'Neal. His presence in the paint opens up shots for Gary Payton, Karl Malone, and Kobe Bryant. Anything that deals with the Lakers in my opinion still goes through Shaq.

4) Fact or Fiction--- Indiana and Detroit was the most boring series you have ever seen?

Because I am a offensive guy, I say fact. I want to see scoring, NOT 69-65. That is a college score, not a pro game. I hope Detroit-Los Angeles is a little better!

5) Fact or Fiction--- Detroit can win the NBA Championship?

I say that's a fiction, because even if they play good defense like they did against Indiana, the Lakers still have too many weapons that can shoot from the outside. I am not saying it will be a sweep; I see it going at least 6 games. However, Kobe and Shaq will add another ring, and Payton and Malone will finally get theres!

steelcityroller
06-03-2004, 01:12 AM
1) The Lakers still beat the Timberwolves with a healthy Sam Cassell?
I say fiction as well. The Timberwolves basically didn't have Cassell for the entire series and they still took it to 6 games. The thing that probably hurt the most about that was that Sam Cassell's consistant play. Sam Cassell will give you at least 15 pts every night while controlling the offense. I say the Twolves win in 7 games with Sam Cassell healthy. No Laker hating thats just my honest opinion.

2) Dallas Mavericks are the most underachieving team in the NBA this year?
Again I agree and say fact. I think the Mavs are looking in the right direction by looking to trade off some of those "stars" to get tougher role-players.

3) The Lakers are still "Shaq's" team?Thats fact without a doubt. I don't think anybody would disagree that Tracy McGrady and Kobe Bryant are as close to having the same game as anybody in this league. Except for Kobe has the diesel on the inside. Teams can't double and trap Kobe because they have to worry about double and even triple teaming Shaq daddy. Its help having the best interior player in the league on your team. Just ask Karl Malone and Gary Payton.

4) Indiana and Detroit was the most boring series you have ever seen? I am going to say Fiction. New Jersey vs New York in the 1st round this year was horrible. I am a knick fan and I was embarrassed at how much of a mismatch that series was. Those games were over with after the first quarter. At least the Detroit vs Indy series had suspense via close games. I am looking forward to seeing the Pistons vs Lakers. If the Lakers play defense like they did in game 6 against Minnesota I think the Pistons will get swept. I am rooting for the Pistons though.

5) Detroit can the win the NBA championship? Detroit CAN win the NBA championship. I think they are probably the only team in the East that can beat the Lakers in a 7-game series. They have solid players at every position. They have a good group of big guys to at least disrupt Shaq and two good perimeter defenders (Hamilton and Prince) to throw at Kobe. So yeah I think the Pistons have a shot by the will have to play perfect and make sure and win if the Lakers screw up.

Hellcrooner
08-23-2008, 03:48 AM
[QUOTE=steelcityroller;28314]1) The Lakers still beat the Timberwolves with a healthy Sam Cassell?
Tahts a fact.
2) Dallas Mavericks are the most underachieving team in the NBA this year?
THey are the most playoff underachiving in the decade.
3) The Lakers are still "Shaq's" team?Still trying to get over it.
4) Indiana and Detroit was the most boring series you have ever seen? Come on Brwaks ar so funny!!!
5) Detroit can the win the NBA championship? THey did.

conway429
08-23-2008, 04:00 AM
... haha, you must be very bored...

t-mac1nukka
08-23-2008, 01:04 PM
why are youre questions 10 years old?!

theuuord
08-23-2008, 01:19 PM
why are youre questions 10 years old?!

they're four years old.... pay attention to post times....

Premier
08-23-2008, 01:45 PM
Ha...I was very confused when I read 'Lakers are still Shaq's team', but I then quickly looked at the post date.

Hellcrooner
08-23-2008, 02:50 PM
i just was curios what the first nba thread ever was, so i lloked for it and thought about brining it back to lif, whatever it was :p

_Sn1P3r_
08-23-2008, 11:10 PM
i just was curios what the first nba thread ever was, so i lloked for it and thought about brining it back to lif, whatever it was :p

Lmao, thanks for the research.