PDA

View Full Version : To prove everybody wrong

roo3flash
01-08-2009, 03:40 AM
Just to prove something to everybody so they stop hating on wade getting to the foul line and sayings its all the refs look at this from last year

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/FreeTS.jsp?league=00&season=22007&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9&qualified=Y&yearsExp=-1&sortOrder=3&splitDD=All%20Teams

1 Dwight Howard , ORL 10.9
2 LeBron James , CLE 10.3
3 Corey Maggette , LAC 9.7
4 Allen Iverson , DEN 9.7
5 Kevin Martin , SAC 9.5
6 Dwyane Wade , MIA 9.2
7 Kobe Bryant , LAL 9.0

No one had a problem with lebron and maggette, iverson and kevin martin shooting 10 a game last year but now wade shoots 10 its a damn problem and everybody starts bashing him this year. The only reason theyre are doing this is because the old wade of 05-06 is back and dont want to see any body but kobe and lebron leading the league in scoring. so honestly do you think that im right and is no problem with it

The Prodigy
01-08-2009, 03:44 AM
yes your right. i stated this exact same thing in a different thread, you must of seen it and turned it into its own. Im sick of people trying to diss wade and say the refs are intentionally calling fouls for him and him only. People need to give respect where respect is due

cambovenzi
01-08-2009, 03:56 AM
its more than just getting to line.
its getting to the line deservedly.
alot of times there are phantom calls and he gets to the line more.
where as guys like kobe get whacked all the time, and its seemingly less called.

The Prodigy
01-08-2009, 03:59 AM
where as guys like kobe get whacked all the time, and its seemingly less called.

So just how many times a game does a ref give wade a a trip to the foul line

TrueFan420
01-08-2009, 04:03 AM

And kobe doesnt get phantom calls either be real the problem is that super stars get calls that they shouldnt get. Everyone regardless of how good you are should be treated the same by the refs

The Prodigy
01-08-2009, 04:09 AM

so if kobe took 9 free throws per game last year like wade does now what happened to make kobe shoot 3 less this year. Your telling me the refs are doing that. Well your wrong. Kobe has become more peremiter oreinted than last years so of course he is getting to the line less. And how does that explain kevin martin who does not drive that much to get 9 attempts a game too. and please dont come and say that the refs are calling what you say are ghost fouls because they have no reason to even considering helping out martin. he is not in a big market and not many people out of sacremento even follow the kings. it doesnt add up. players earn their trips to the line most of the time. Sure wade will get a trip to the line once in a while for free but who doesnt

Giaps
01-08-2009, 04:34 AM
I'm surprised Pierce wasn't up there. Looking at that guy is a foul.

JJ_JKidd
01-08-2009, 05:14 AM
Wade has the reputation...

JJ81
01-08-2009, 07:34 AM

Exactly.

cambovenzi
01-08-2009, 07:45 AM
So just how many times a game does a ref give wade a a trip to the foul line
i didnt watch every single game.
i cant measure that.

And kobe doesnt get phantom calls either be real the problem is that super stars get calls that they shouldnt get. Everyone regardless of how good you are should be treated the same by the refsim not claiming he doesnt get calls ever.
it just seems like wade gets phantom calls much more, and some other players like kobe have a harder time getting calls.
im sure if you asked the refs they would think that they do treat everyone the same.

it might seem like they get more b/c they simply get the ball more.

so if kobe took 9 free throws per game last year like wade does now what happened to make kobe shoot 3 less this year. Your telling me the refs are doing that. Well your wrong. Kobe has become more peremiter oreinted than last years so of course he is getting to the line less. And how does that explain kevin martin who does not drive that much to get 9 attempts a game too. and please dont come and say that the refs are calling what you say are ghost fouls because they have no reason to even considering helping out martin. he is not in a big market and not many people out of sacremento even follow the kings. it doesnt add up. players earn their trips to the line most of the time. Sure wade will get a trip to the line once in a while for free but who doesnt

i already said it has very little to do with FTA per game.
you can watch some tape.
wade gets phantom or ticky tack foul calls seemingly much more than most players. thats where his reputation comes from.

obviously being aggressive and driving increases your chances of getting fouled and going to the line.
that doesnt mean fouls cant be called differently for different players at times.
i dont think anyone is saying that "most" of his foul calls are unearned.

SteveNash
01-08-2009, 08:32 AM
If LeBron, Maggette, Iverson, and Martin were reffed in the Finals the way Wade was, I'm sure people would have a problem with them too.

SFloridaSports
01-08-2009, 12:28 PM
these people really are just haters

SFloridaSports
01-08-2009, 12:29 PM
If LeBron, Maggette, Iverson, and Martin were reffed in the Finals the way Wade was, I'm sure people would have a problem with them too.

will you pleasejust stop talking?

BTownTeamsRKing
01-08-2009, 12:53 PM
i dont know how anyone can hate D-Wade. he is freaken sick. he is so quick that he causes the defense to be out of position almost the whole game, which causes the fouls.

imo Wade is the best player in the world. he is the only player I watch a game for if he is on espn.

take last night for example: that 3rd quarter by Wade was just unbelievable. from the make it look easy jumpers, to the fade away 2 men in your face 3pter, to that NASTY block on the defensive end, and not to mention a few one handed dunks.

this is a superstar's league and Wade is just playing in it. stop haten on Wade and start practicen to be able to do 1/10 of what he does in a game.

Hawkeye15
01-08-2009, 01:48 PM
You would expect Howard for example to get to the line a lot, all his attempts are within 2 feet of the basket. Does Wade get the benefit of the whistle sometimes? Sure. So does every star. But Wade has proven that he is a basket attacker, and the refs are forced to make calls on players like that. Hence why Iverson led the league in FTA, and Maggette is a fixture. Bryant gets a ridic number of free throw attempts off the up fake, and throwing himself into the jumper. Everyone has their tricks. Wade forces the refs to make a call because he is aggressive, and the refs know that. Nothing wrong with it. The Dream shake was a travel, Michael Jordan blatantly pushed off with his off hand when in the air, etc, etc

LA_Raiders
01-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Him and LeBroom get a lot of free calls...

what54!?
01-08-2009, 02:19 PM
The heat need wade's free throws as their last in free throw pct. :pity:

USMCLaker
01-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Wade's a beast and deserves most of his calls.

IRUAM #21
01-08-2009, 03:14 PM
i dont know how anyone can hate D-Wade. he is freaken sick. he is so quick that he causes the defense to be out of position almost the whole game, which causes the fouls.

imo Wade is the best player in the world. he is the only player I watch a game for if he is on espn.

take last night for example: that 3rd quarter by Wade was just unbelievable. from the make it look easy jumpers, to the fade away 2 men in your face 3pter, to that NASTY block on the defensive end, and not to mention a few one handed dunks.

this is a superstar's league and Wade is just playing in it. stop haten on Wade and start practicen to be able to do 1/10 of what he does in a game.

Yea man i agree idk why people hate on Wade matter of fact idk why people hate on Kobe and Lebron as well, these guys are the best player's in the world idk why so many people hate them. Me personally i dont hate any player
i enjoy watching all of them.

king4day
01-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Even if the refs aren't playing a part, everyone will rememeber what happend in the finals

IRUAM #21
01-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Even if the refs aren't playing a part, everyone will rememeber what happend in the finals

Yeah the Maverick's choking :smoking:

The Prodigy
01-08-2009, 03:43 PM

this aint about the finals its about the season

The Prodigy
01-08-2009, 03:47 PM
You would expect Howard for example to get to the line a lot, all his attempts are within 2 feet of the basket. Does Wade get the benefit of the whistle sometimes? Sure. So does every star. But Wade has proven that he is a basket attacker, and the refs are forced to make calls on players like that. Hence why Iverson led the league in FTA, and Maggette is a fixture. Bryant gets a ridic number of free throw attempts off the up fake, and throwing himself into the jumper. Everyone has their tricks. Wade forces the refs to make a call because he is aggressive, and the refs know that. Nothing wrong with it. The Dream shake was a travel, Michael Jordan blatantly pushed off with his off hand when in the air, etc, etc

exactly. this person knows what he is talking about. everyone in the nba earn their own fouls differently. sure the refs call ignorant fouls for wade once in a while but they do that for EVERYBODY

BTownTeamsRKing
01-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Yea man i agree idk why people hate on Wade matter of fact idk why people hate on Kobe and Lebron as well, these guys are the best player's in the world idk why so many people hate them. Me personally i dont hate any player
i enjoy watching all of them.

ppl forget its entertainment.

however,

i do have a reason to not like Kobe, Im a Celtics fan. but i have no reason to hate the great plays he does if they arent against my team.

lebron is a bit tougher to like bc he represents what all of pro sports has become....all about $$CASH-MONEY$$. i never seen a player talk about free agency 2 years in advance. plus once again, he is a rival of the Celtics. not a big fan of his atititude either toward charles barkly when he told him to shut up about lebron talking about free agency. or his crab dribble excuse lol. and i know this is nitpicking at the guy, but can he get a little creative with his dunks??? i kinda got sick of the arm way back tomahawk thing after 5,000 one. lol just sayen... so for me lebron is just someone i find hard to cheer for, kobe although he is a laker, is easy to like even for a Celtics fan.

and D-wade...Best In World.

durtee
01-08-2009, 07:31 PM

This is actually very true. That is why people hate on D Wade so much, because they remember the BS in the finals. That said, the guys on that list are there because the offense is completely revolved around them. It is pretty obvious that the more you have the ball and the more shots you take, the more you are going to get fouled. They all get phantom calls, unfortunately that is what the NBA is now.

MickeyMgl
01-09-2009, 04:59 PM
"Is wade getting to the foul line by himself most the time?"

What does that question mean?

MickeyMgl
01-09-2009, 05:12 PM
so if kobe took 9 free throws per game last year like wade does now what happened to make kobe shoot 3 less this year. Your telling me the refs are doing that. Well your wrong. Kobe has become more peremiter oreinted than last years so of course he is getting to the line less.

% of FGA that are 3FGA (Kobe Bryant)
07-08: .246
08-09: .170

Bryant's offense has actually been LESS perimeter oriented. By a lot.

Sure wade will get a trip to the line once in a while for free but who doesnt

As much as the free throws, it's the uncalled violations that bother me. His spin move would be considered sloppy if it were called for the traveling that it is.

Jacob K.
01-09-2009, 05:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aySGUzzxjGE

Jacob K.
01-09-2009, 05:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZyD3Zjuxvw&NR=1