PDA

View Full Version : Williams to Fight Wright in April

2009mvp
01-08-2009, 12:02 AM
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=17731

Dangerous fight for Paul Williams to take. He's already beat Margarito and would benefit a lot more from a rematch than a fight with Winky, who's style could cause him some serious trouble. I like Williams' work, but he gets sloppy at times, not throwing straight punches. With Winky's defense and jab he might be able to control Williams all night. Williams is gonna have to use his foot-speed and fight a smart fight since he's never had to deal with a jab like Winky's nor has he had a good history against southpaws. Excited for this one.

TheRedMarauder
01-09-2009, 09:22 AM
I think Wright is done as a top flight boxer.

2009mvp
01-09-2009, 04:11 PM
^^Maybe, but his style isn't one that will diminish quickly with age. He'll cover up in that shell and use his jab effectively. He never could move well so losing his legs won't hurt him terribly. The only thing is obviously his stamina. We've already seen him fade down the stretch being overly conservative late in some of his fights. If he can make Williams fight his kind of fight there's no reason he can't give him trouble.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-21-2009, 09:51 AM
winky is going to take him to school trust me.

ULT WARRIOR408
01-29-2009, 03:14 PM
I like both fighters but i thnk winky will win this was not a smart choice that williams made

HOZ THE KNICK
02-06-2009, 11:12 AM
I like both fighters but i thnk winky will win this was not a smart choice that williams made
x2

Rocco007
02-14-2009, 12:46 AM
I will go with the theory that this is a lower risk fight than what we think...Winky has been showing signs of slowing down in recent fights..I think PWll's length will give Winky some problems as the fight moves on....PWill by stoppage.