PDA

View Full Version : NBA ReDraft Playoffs: Dallas Mavericks vs Sacramento Kings - VOTE!

BlondeBomber41
01-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Dallas Mavericks have homecourt Advantage

Dallas Mavericks Lineup:

C - Desagna Diop - Fabricio Oberto
PF - Chris Bosh - Eduardo Najera
SF - Tayshaun Prince - Linas Kleiza - James Jones
SG - Raja Bell - Mike Miller
PG - Tony Parker - Chucky Atkins - Sergio Rodriguez

Sacramento Kings Lineup:

C-Shaquille O'Neal/Aaron Gray/Melvin Ely
PF-Drew Gooden/Brian Skinner
SF-Ron Artest/Jarvis Hayes
SG-Dwayne Wade/Marco Bellineli/Morris Almond
PG-Delonte West/Bobby Jackson

Dallas Mavericks Writeup:

The Sacramento Kings are a very balanced team and would certainly give our team all kinds of fits. This is a very good matchup, but its one I feel we win.

Both teams are good defensive teams, both have big name players, both have solid starting lineups.

Where I feel my team wins this series is on the bench. Not one of the Kings bench players would be good enough to overtake any of my current bench players spot as a backup. Their bench players are either too young, too old, or just not that good.

I also feel our team could contain Wade. With Raja Bell, Tayshaun Prince, James Jones and Linas Kleiza we have alot of options to throw at Wade. You cant shut him down but you can make him work for everything, and thats certainly something our defenders will do.

Diop has faced Shaq many times in his career and has always done a good job on him. That was years ago, when Shaq was younger. I think the combo of Diop and Oberto could slow down Shaq. He may put up 15-18 PPG but he wont have a great effect on the game.

Tony Parker would light up Delonte West, who is really a SG playing PG. West is having his best season this year as the 2 guard next to Mo Williams in Cleveland. He has never been that effective of a player at PG.

Bosh is just too fast and athletic for Gooden. Gooden is a solid role player but maxes out at about 12 points and 8 rebounds.

Prince and Artest is basically a wash. Both great defenders with the ability to score and shoot the ball. One advantage I have here is Prince doesnt force anything, while Artest alot of the time does and as a result is shooting 37% this season.

We have three guys who can come off our bench and score the ball and ignite the team in Mike Miller, Linas Kleiza and James Jones. Najera and Oberto bring energy and hustle off the bench, and Atkins is a solid backup PG to Parker. We feel our bench is top notch, and will dominate the Kings bench.

Thanks for reading, good luck to the Kings.

Sacramento Kings Lineup:

In four ReDrafts I've been in, this is one of the better teams I've seen. It's versatile, very sound defensively, and would be very tough to beat for any team in a real-life playoff series.

That said, I feel like our team's defense is even better and though we're not as deep, we have the perfect balance of offense and defense in our starting 5 and adequate role players off the bench to complement. Defensively, the Mavs haven't seen a team nearly as good as ours in these playoffs.

Frontcourt Battle:

In the low post, we own this series with Shaq. Bosh is more of a finesse, mid range, slasher type big man who can bang but clearly prefers other means of scoring. Diop is a solid interior defender and long enough to get some blocks on the Big Fella, but Diop isn't doing anything for the Mavs right now. Not to say he isn't capable, but he can't get significant minutes in a rotation that features a solid but not even close to studly Erick Dampier as the starting C. Oberto is a great big off the bench, but as smart as he is, he's not going to stop Shaq from achieving his season stats or greater at the offensive end. Dallas has basically no answer for Shaq.

The Mavs can play the "Shaq's age and fatigue and all that" card if they want, but there's 2-3 days between Conference Finals games. Shaq averages 21 and 8 with 2 days rest.

For Bosh, Artest would stick to him midrange some since Gooden and Shaq don't have the lateral quickness to do much with him. No question though, Bosh will get his in this series. There, they have me.

Gooden is no stud in the post, but he's an excellent rebounder and a solid midrange offensive player. With him and Shaq crashing the boards, we have the rebounding advantage.

Artest is the superior defender and scorer to Prince, although Prince makes the smarter decisions. That matchup works slightly in our favor.

Edge: Even

Perimeter Battle:

Dwayne Wade and Delonte West vs. Tony Parker and Raja Bell/Mike Miller:

Assuming Bell will guard Wade, he'll be ignited in this series. His reputation as a top tier perimeter defender is hilarious and has been for years. He's consistently adequate, but he's not the level of Kobe or Artest or even a billion year old Bruce Bowen. Wade will torch whoever defends him as will fellow Finals MVP Tony Parker.

When Mike Miller comes off the bench for them, he'll do some scoring but he's having a fairly weak season and our team's defense is excellent regardless. West is an adequate defender and Wade among the league's best coming over to help and he's not bad man to man.

With Shaq to play off of in the post and Wade next to him in the backcourt, West should have plenty of open looks and he's shooting nearly 40 percent from beyond the arc.

Edge: Kings

Benches:

Shaq has the biceps
Bosh has the hair
The Mavs bench is better
And I really don't care

Edge: Mavs

It would be hardfought and a very entertaining series, but overall I think our team takes it in 7. Obviously these are two very good teams and it could go either way, but with the defense and rebounding in our favor, we feel we are very capabale of taking down Dallas.

superkegger
01-07-2009, 09:19 PM
I would love to see these two teams actually play in real life, it would be quite the entertaining series.

Catfish1314
01-07-2009, 09:44 PM
I would love to see these two teams actually play in real life, it would be quite the entertaining series.

Same here. Good luck gents.

juggla53
01-07-2009, 10:02 PM
I went with the mavs, i think bosh would give a slower kings front court all sorts of trouble and i love the mavs bench they are extremely deep

DocUSN
01-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Mavs, Tony Parker will abuse Delonte West.

Catfish1314
01-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Mavs, Tony Parker will abuse Delonte West.

Dwayne Wade won't abuse Raja Bell?

RocketsRule
01-07-2009, 10:49 PM

Agreed.

DocUSN
01-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Dwayne Wade won't abuse Raja Bell?

Raja is at least a good defender, West on the other hand.........

Not the only reason I picked the mavs, but its the first reason that came to mind.

Catfish1314
01-07-2009, 11:04 PM
Raja is at least a good defender, West on the other hand.........

Not the only reason I picked the mavs, but its the first reason that came to mind.

Tayshaun Prince is a good defender but LeBron runs wild on him everytime they meet in the playoffs. Stars like LeBron and Wade are pretty much impossible to contain in the playoffs.

Fair enough as long as that wasn't your only reason. If there was going to be a reason, there are better ones.

DocUSN
01-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Tayshaun Prince is a good defender but LeBron runs wild on him everytime they meet in the playoffs. Stars like LeBron and Wade are pretty much impossible to contain in the playoffs.

Fair enough as long as that wasn't your only reason. If there was going to be a reason, there are better ones.

Funny you were not around to argue that point when My team and Lebron James were goign up aginst Prince and the Mavs. :p

Catfish1314
01-07-2009, 11:13 PM
Funny you were not around to argue that point when My team and Lebron James were goign up aginst Prince and the Mavs. :p

Well LeBron rapes everybody. Artest probably couldn't hold him to 20 on a good night.

Ragun
01-07-2009, 11:19 PM
I really like the Kings.

EAGLES3658
01-07-2009, 11:20 PM
Mavs

BlondeBomber41
01-08-2009, 01:48 AM
Close one so far. Need more votes.

BlondeBomber41
01-08-2009, 04:18 AM

Well in the mock playoffs we are assuming the refs only call real fouls, so I think Wade could be help somewhat in check. :)

theimortalone
01-08-2009, 05:18 AM
**** I accidently selected "GM's Click here". I gotta go with the Mavs tho!

superkegger
01-08-2009, 02:46 PM
bump

superkegger
01-08-2009, 03:56 PM
**** I accidently selected "GM's Click here". I gotta go with the Mavs tho!

so right now it is tied then, as of 2pm central time 15-15

JermanJaysFan
01-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Tough, tough call, but I had to go with the Mavericks. I just see the Parker/Bosh/Prince combo with Miller off the bench being more effective than Wade/Shaq/Artest. By no means am I of the opinion that Shaq is done, but no one in that front-court (including Artest) can stop Bosh. Anytime Shaq switches off on Bosh, he is going to pick up a foul. And while Wade is a great, great, great scorer, the Mavs seem to have enough length in Prince and Diop, as well as a decent if spotty defender in Raja to give him enough trouble.

jimbobjarree
01-08-2009, 04:23 PM
I think that Dallas edges it, I also think their bench is alot stronger

ripjhb18
01-08-2009, 06:51 PM
I ranked the Mavs 1 so I vote for them now

Ph1lly Diehard
01-08-2009, 07:04 PM
I like the Kings in this matchup.

Catfish1314
01-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Hey BB, can't you fix the vote number to the side so theimortalone's counts for the Mavs and not "GMs click here"? I was just wondering cause it's bothering me. :)

BlondeBomber41
01-08-2009, 07:42 PM
No, I dont think I have that ability. Not a TM or mod in the NBA forum.

Catfish1314
01-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Really? I always thought if you created the poll, you had the ability to edit it regardless of TM or Mod status. I guess not.

BlondeBomber41
01-08-2009, 07:45 PM
I just tried to see if I saw that option anywhere and didnt see it. :shrug:

Nets fan 93
01-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Mavs... I like the Bosh/Parker combination along with some solid defenders. plus I hate Dwayne Wade lol

BlondeBomber41
01-08-2009, 07:55 PM
I dont get it. Several of the people who voted for the Kings voted the Mavs as the better team in the rankings. So somehow the Mavs are better than them when you ranked them in the playoffs, yet now they arent better? There are 4 GM's who put the Mavs ahead of the Kings in their rankings that voted Kings.

Ragun put the Mavs at 1 and the Kings at 4. He didnt even rank the Kings as the 2nd or 3rd best team in the Conference yet voted for the Kings.

Makes no sense at all to me.

superkegger
01-08-2009, 08:00 PM
I dont get it. Several of the people who voted for the Kings voted the Mavs as the better team in the rankings. So somehow the Mavs are better than them when you ranked them in the playoffs, yet now they arent better? There are 4 GM's who put the Mavs ahead of the Kings in their rankings that voted Kings.

Ragun put the Mavs at 1 and the Kings at 4. He didnt even rank the Kings as the 2nd or 3rd best team in the Conference yet voted for the Kings.

I agree, but they must just like the way the kings matchup against us.

Catfish1314
01-08-2009, 08:01 PM

I would assume that's because they like the way we match up with you.

GSW fan
01-08-2009, 08:08 PM
kings............

Catfish1314
01-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Looking like I'll fall short again. I'm off to watch the UF-OU game. Congrats guys and good luck next round.

hotpotato1092
01-08-2009, 08:58 PM
wait why didn't I ever see our matchup with the mavs? I never saw the thread anywhere, can someone link it to me I just want to see how badly we lost.

hotpotato1092
01-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Oh and the Mavs are better, their big two might not be up to the kings big three but the Mavs depth is ridiculous, they've been the consensus top team in the redraft practically since day one and I see no reason to change that now, although I think the kings aren't far behind. Mavs in 6 hard fought games. And this doesn't take away anything from the kings, I think they're better than anything the east has to offer and would win the redraft in some years, but I just love this mavs team.

BlondeBomber41
01-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Great job with your team Catfish and Rocketsrule, was really close. Could of gone either way, if the poll had lasted another hour it could of easily swung back. Glad it was our way when it ended.

RocketsRule
01-08-2009, 11:31 PM
Great job with your team Catfish and Rocketsrule, was really close. Could of gone either way, if the poll had lasted another hour it could of easily swung back. Glad it was our way when it ended.

Thanks and good luck to you guys in the finals.

Nice working with you Cat.

Catfish1314
01-08-2009, 11:31 PM
Thanks and good luck to you guys in the finals.

Nice working with you Cat.

Same to you. Be happy to do it again sometime.

Kings Faithful
01-09-2009, 12:21 AM
I really like the Artest/Wade duo. I pick kings

RocketsRule
01-09-2009, 12:22 AM
I really like the Artest/Wade duo. I pick kings

Too bad the poll is closed :(

Ragun
01-10-2009, 03:36 PM

Dallas got beat by the eighth seed in real life a couple of years ago...
its about the matchups dude. I like your team but Im sorry no one can guard Wade especially in the way he is playing right now.

Ragun
01-10-2009, 03:37 PM
and yeah it could of gone either way.

mightybosstone
01-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Wow.... the poll is closed already? It's only a 3 vote difference! Also, when is the Eastern Conference Finals matchup going to be posted?

BlondeBomber41
01-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Wow.... the poll is closed already? It's only a 3 vote difference! Also, when is the Eastern Conference Finals matchup going to be posted?

About to post it. Would of posted it days ago if you or your CO-GM would of even been online. :cool:

BlondeBomber41
01-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Dallas got beat by the eighth seed in real life a couple of years ago...
its about the matchups dude. I like your team but Im sorry no one can guard Wade especially in the way he is playing right now.

Yet the Heat are barely above .500.

Catfish1314
01-11-2009, 12:57 AM
Yet the Heat are barely above .500.

That doesn't change the fact that he's virtually unguardable. The Heat have very little outside of Wade. Even Heat fans will tell you. They don't have an offensive force even as good as Artest, much less Shaq.

Duncan = Donkey
01-11-2009, 01:30 AM
i wouldve voted for sac'town

KnicksorBust
01-11-2009, 10:52 AM
Even though it's over, I had voted Kings because I figured Delonte would do a much better job on Parker than Raja would have done on Wade and I think the frontcourts (SF-PF-C) are even. But without a doubt Mavs built a great squad with a great bench. Gonna be tough to stop him.