PDA

View Full Version : Sign.....The Pacman????

The_Konnection
01-07-2009, 08:54 PM
If he will play and stay out of trouble( idk if thats possible) why not? Opinions?
We're getting older in the 2ndary and he is a good young player when he has the option to.

Crickr
01-07-2009, 09:20 PM
IMO I would rather have the pleasure of watching his antics as he tries to stay in the NFL. I say a no vote here .

RedSox24
01-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Actually Im gonna have to disagree. I think the Pats should go after PacMan just because the secondary is weak and he is a young elite player when he wants to be. If we can sign him for cheap I think Belicheck can straighten him out as he did with Corey Dillion and Randy Moss. I think its one of those low risk high reward type of deals if they do sign him.
Anyone Agree?

The Intimidator
01-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Clearly, the guy has off the field problems, but the Patriots won't let that stop them from pursuing him if they're interested. Randy Moss, prior to coming to New England, had the same kind of legal trouble that Jones has had. I mean, the guy ran over a meter maid!

However, I don't see the Pats going after Jones this offseason. Besides his kick and punt return skills, which seem to have left him since his year-long suspension, Pacman doesn't have much appeal. He was constantly picked on by opposing quarterbacks this season, and that's while Terrence Newman was injured. Pacman would offer very little to this secondary, and even though we've brought in problem players before, we really don't need the headaches he'll bring.

griff141
01-08-2009, 02:34 AM
Why would we want him? Not only are his off the field issues a major problem, if you watched him throughout the season, being away from the game for a year has definitely slowed his development. He looks like he lost his ball skills and had a tough time picking up the Cryboys man to man schemes. And he didn't even have a decent punt return. BIG NO!

Panzer133
01-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Actually Im gonna have to disagree. I think the Pats should go after PacMan just because the secondary is weak and he is a young elite player when he wants to be. If we can sign him for cheap I think Belicheck can straighten him out as he did with Corey Dillion and Randy Moss. I think its one of those low risk high reward type of deals if they do sign him.
Anyone Agree?

I completly agree! Sign him to a one year contract and say if you pull ant funny business, YOUR OUT OF HERE!!! Thats what they did for Randy Moss.

BTownTeamsRKing
01-08-2009, 07:36 PM
No. as i said in the other thread, he is a criminal. his NFL career is over.

bosox1899
01-08-2009, 10:54 PM
he should join the army, he likes shooting guns why not put it to good use

hockeyunhboy77
01-08-2009, 11:52 PM
Maybe belichick will do it. You never no with him. If you give him all incentives and not just guarenteed money.

ProPoster
01-09-2009, 12:56 AM
Clearly, the guy has off the field problems, but the Patriots won't let that stop them from pursuing him if they're interested. Randy Moss, prior to coming to New England, had the same kind of legal trouble that Jones has had. I mean, the guy ran over a meter maid!

WHOA WHOA WHOA! bring it back...bring it back.... I'm gonna have to defend my boy #81 here. Same legal trouble?! I don't remember hearing anything about Moss putting hits on anybody. The problems Moss had don't compare to Jones. That whole meter maid thing wasn't even that serious. He only reallly bumped the meter maid with his car anyways. I don't think it would be worth giving Jones a chance. The guy is a thug! I say save that roster spot, and give it to someone else who actually deserves to play in the NFL.

Red_Sox_89
01-09-2009, 01:30 AM
No, NO, NO, and hell no.

The Intimidator
01-09-2009, 09:47 AM
I don't think it would be worth giving Jones a chance. The guy is a thug! I say save that roster spot, and give it to someone else who actually deserves to play in the NFL.

If you read further down in my post, you'll see that I wasn't in favor of bringing Jones in. I was simply comparing their legal trouble.

ProPoster
01-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Oh no, that was just my own opinion on bringing jones in. My reply post to yours was just about the comparison you made between him and Moss.

Ewagner
01-09-2009, 10:46 AM
i saw this thread yesterday and thought it was a joke but when i saw it was still here today i decided to look in. comparing moss or dillion to jones is a stretch. i would rather take a chance on vick and his killing dog ways than jones. jones had a man paralized. i guess jones would fit right in at the foxy lady. i think there is a shooting there every day

Crickr
01-09-2009, 01:56 PM
WHOA WHOA WHOA! bring it back...bring it back.... I'm gonna have to defend my boy #81 here. Same legal trouble?! I don't remember hearing anything about Moss putting hits on anybody. The problems Moss had don't compare to Jones. That whole meter maid thing wasn't even that serious. He only reallly bumped the meter maid with his car anyways. I don't think it would be worth giving Jones a chance. The guy is a thug! I say save that roster spot, and give it to someone else who actually deserves to play in the NFL.

Without a doubt I agree with you whole heartadly.

bagwell368
01-09-2009, 04:34 PM
no

KingJamsI
01-09-2009, 04:38 PM
NO NO NO NO NO one million times. There's a very simple risk reward proposition here. Risk- You add a street thug with literally no common sense or basic concept of right and wrong to a team that survives sometimes entirely on chemistry and attitude. Reward- You get an average quality nickleback and a 3rd string punt returner.

ABSOLUTELY NOT. Pacman is much more Ray Carruth than he is Randy Moss. [not implying he murdered anyone, just from a character standpoint] This is not immaturity or silliness. This man obviously has very serious psychological problems and I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot poll.

Pedroia
01-09-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm with everyone that said No Freakin Way!!!

poppa12645
01-21-2009, 07:23 PM
I say If nobody wants sign for league minimum with clause if he has off the fields issues they can terminate his contract

jim51990
01-21-2009, 08:17 PM
hell no
his on the field play has never matched his fame. hes no better then a third corner and is not as good at returning as welker or hobbs so we have no use for him

JoeSchroeduh
01-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Who says Goddell is going to let this guy play again?

Morgan
01-21-2009, 10:32 PM
I wouldn't want this guy on my team. The Patriots have had good luck bringing in troubled but talented players but, nobody even close to Pac Man. He's a bad person. Paying his boys $20,000 to shoot at people he's had problems with. If you have a problem with somebody fight him like a man. Don't pay somebody to kill them. That's taking somebodys life man. This kid should be in jail not on a football field. He thinks because he's in the NFL that he's above the law. I'd love to see this punk do 25 years in prison.

The Intimidator
01-21-2009, 10:45 PM
I'd love to see this punk do 25 years in prison.

Prison is too good for someone like him.

EASTCOAST
01-22-2009, 06:54 PM
I would not be surprised at all if the Patriots did sign him. However, I would much rather see him cause commotion with another team rather than my own. Plus, I saw him play on several occasions and he wasn't overly impressive. Definitely not worth the risk IMO.

Fire&Ice2&33
01-23-2009, 01:55 PM
really i dont think he will play again,but if he does he prob would be a good nickle for the PATS...i dont like him as a corner even with the Titans....he is a good KR and PR

Super.
01-23-2009, 03:25 PM
He isnt even that good, if he was top 1-2 corner in the league? MAYBE...MAYBE

but hes not, and we have better KR + PR's than him anyway IE Welker and Hobbs

29sbuc
01-23-2009, 04:38 PM
i think it would be a very good signing.
Risk: he gets in trouble off the field
reward: a very talented young corner and a good kick returner

Crickr
01-23-2009, 07:13 PM
i think it would be a very good signing.
Risk: he gets in trouble off the field
reward: a very talented young corner and a good kick returner

I really hope he either gets signed by another team or goes to jail so we can close this thread.