PDA

View Full Version : Question for Floridian NBA PSDers (Heat and Magic fans).

GunFactor187
01-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Do the HEAT and the Magic have as much as of a strong rivalry as the two Los Angeles teams do? Meaning, is there a lot of tension between the two fanbases, specifically for those who live in Florida?

SFloridaSports
01-07-2009, 08:47 PM
there is hardly a rivalry. the only thing that could make this a rivalry is the fact that they play in the same division. pplus orlando and miami isnt that close at all

superkegger
01-07-2009, 08:48 PM
I don't think there's much tension between the Lakers and Clippers, (I know that's not the question you're asking) but the biggest in-state rivalries are in Texas

GunFactor187
01-07-2009, 08:57 PM
I don't think there's much tension between the Lakers and Clippers, (I know that's not the question you're asking) but the biggest in-state rivalries are in Texas

I kinda assumed that there was still some tension between the Lakers and Clippers fans, I previously lived in LA for about 5 months when I was 11 and every time there was a Lakers/Clippers game coming up or in that same day my schoolmates would talk about it all the time and they'd debate it for hours on end on who would win the game. So I kinda thought it'll be a little bit of the same with the Florida teams.

And regarding that Texas Triangle Rivalry thing, I feel the tension of that rivalry even from up here in Detroit.

IRUAM #21
01-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Nope no rivalry at all

superkegger
01-07-2009, 09:06 PM
I kinda assumed that there was still some tension between the Lakers and Clippers fans, I previously lived in LA for about 5 months when I was 11 and every time there was a Lakers/Clippers game coming up or in that same day my schoolmates would talk about it all the time and they'd debate it for hours on end on who would win the game. So I kinda thought it'll be a little bit of the same with the Florida teams.

And regarding that Texas Triangle Rivalry thing, I feel the tension of that rivalry even from up here in Detroit.

Two things.

1. Update your sig, the Pistons are 21-11

2. While your schoolmates may have debated who would win, except for a brief stint in 06, for, well, the entire existence of the Clippers, there has been no doubt the Lakers were and always would the better team.

JordansBulls
01-07-2009, 09:08 PM
They met in the 1997 Playoffs, but I don't remember a rivalry happening. Now had the 1996 Magic with Shaq and Penny met the 1997 Heat with Hardaway and Zo then it would have been a strong rivalry perhaps.

GunFactor187
01-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Two things.

1. Update your sig, the Pistons are 21-11

2. While your schoolmates may have debated who would win, except for a brief stint in 06, for, well, the entire existence of the Clippers, there has been no doubt the Lakers were and always would the better team.

lol yeah i should probably update that...:p

BALLER71
01-07-2009, 09:43 PM
None at all.

BlondeBomber41
01-07-2009, 10:01 PM
I think Texas is really the only state where there is a huge basketball rivalry.

Well there is LA and Sacramento, but that is kinda gone because the Kings are bad.

The Texas Triangle rivalry just started about 7 years ago though when all three teams started being good. The Spurs won a title, the Mavs were starting to put together 50 win seasons, and the Rockets had Yao/Francis/Mobley then eventually McGrady.

Basically my point is I could very easily see a Magic/Heat rivalry starting. All you gotta do is matchup in the playoffs 1 or 2 times and its on.

Catfish1314
01-07-2009, 11:33 PM
I think Texas is really the only state where there is a huge basketball rivalry.

I agree.

Well there is LA and Sacramento, but that is kinda gone because the Kings are bad.

That's so generous of you. :)

Hopefully, we're good again before too long. I'd like to see that come back.

Korman12
01-08-2009, 12:12 AM
There isn't really a rivalry in any professional sport in Florida. The state seems to only care (most of the time) about college sports.

*Superman*
01-08-2009, 12:27 AM
Naw not really. I went to the Magic and Miami game over here, and when coming home they interviewed Stan Van Gundy and asked him the same question and he said their was, Just because both teams are doing good.

Personally i don't see it.

kntresistheheat
01-08-2009, 01:31 AM
Like someone mention before we only met one time in the playoffs.....but we play each other in the regular season they play soft against each other and the only way these guys play hard against each other is when there trying to get a higher seed or trying to get that division:p

pete_one
01-08-2009, 02:27 AM
i live in LA, i go for both clips and the lakeshow, it don't matter, LA SPORTS LETS GO! i dont live in florida, though i am a big fan of FLASH AND SUPAHMAN!