PDA

View Full Version : My idea for the All-Star game. Something you actually want to watch.

silentcompany
01-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Hey guys resident noob here time to chime in with my noob thoughts.

Okay you know what event I would really like to see at the All-Star game is.........

A 1 v 1 mini tournament.

Think about it, we know who the best teams in the NBA are but. But the best player is debatable. So I would love to see Kobe vs Lebron, D-Wade vs Carmelo, ect. The only thing I can't figure out is if you let all the players compete who want to, or only Shootings Gaurds/Small forwards. Deron Williams vs CP3, Garnett vs either Gasol or Tim duncan. The match-ups go on and on.

What does everyone else think?

As far as rules go I think a little game to like 5 or 7 by 1's would be good. Maybe like 2 or 3 rounds and at the end we crown the best 1 v 1 player in the world.

_Sn1P3r_
01-07-2009, 06:34 PM
1 on 1 doesn't really prove anything in the league. It's team play. But for fun, that would be good to watch. I'd love to see Wade face Kobe.

Storch
01-07-2009, 06:38 PM
id watch that

TheHoopsProphet
01-07-2009, 06:43 PM
that's actually a great idea.

kingkobe
01-07-2009, 07:13 PM
yes..these ARE noob thoughts. why dont you go and talk to the nba commissioner about this. im sure he would love this idea. and this thread along with all "trade ideas" are pathetic.

"should we get this guy for him?"

"or wat about his player?"

are you the ones who have any say in any of the organizations plans?

even the replies like "DO IT MITCH!" trade lamar for _____.

yes of course say it becuase Mitch Kupchak will see this thread and say, hey "lakerfan4life" said that to do it so i'll do it.

real talk, for all the people who propose trade ideas, and other "noob thoughts" you can keep doing it, just saying it its REALLY PATHETIC.

"thoughts anyone!?"

its a great idea but i also agree with this guy. thats why i dont bother posting in all the trade speculation threads. its a waste of time.

But something like this can actually make it through if enough fans start talking about it and it gets enough media. But I'm sure Kobe/Lebron and so on will not participate at all just like in dunk competitions now days. Lebron is a media whore and a p***y when it comes to manning up.

Storch
01-07-2009, 10:30 PM
its a great idea but i also agree with this guy. thats why i dont bother posting in all the trade speculation threads. its a waste of time.

But something like this can actually make it through if enough fans start talking about it and it gets enough media. But I'm sure Kobe/Lebron and so on will not participate at all just like in dunk competitions now days. Lebron is a media whore and a p***y when it comes to manning up.

I'm a bit glad that lebron isnt showing off everywhere, it maintains a sense of humbleness in his persona.

ARMIN12NBA
01-07-2009, 10:36 PM

Okay you know what event I would really like to see at the All-Star game is.........

A 1 v 1 mini tournament.

Think about it, we know who the best teams in the NBA are but. But the best player is debatable. So I would love to see Kobe vs Lebron, D-Wade vs Carmelo, ect. The only thing I can't figure out is if you let all the players compete who want to, or only Shootings Gaurds/Small forwards. Deron Williams vs CP3, Garnett vs either Gasol or Tim duncan. The match-ups go on and on.

As far as rules go I think a little game to like 5 or 7 by 1's would be good. Maybe like 2 or 3 rounds and at the end we crown the best 1 v 1 player in the world.

This has already been done.

Wilson
01-07-2009, 11:55 PM
yes..these ARE noob thoughts. why dont you go and talk to the nba commissioner about this. im sure he would love this idea. and this thread along with all "trade ideas" are pathetic.

"should we get this guy for him?"

"or wat about his player?"

are you the ones who have any say in any of the organizations plans?

even the replies like "DO IT MITCH!" trade lamar for _____.

yes of course say it becuase Mitch Kupchak will see this thread and say, hey "lakerfan4life" said that to do it so i'll do it.

real talk, for all the people who propose trade ideas, and other "noob thoughts" you can keep doing it, just saying it its REALLY PATHETIC.

"thoughts anyone!?"

Trade ideas can be fun to talk about. Just because we don't make the personell decisions doesn't mean we, as fans, shouldn't talk about what changes we'd like to see.

This idea for the all-star game is pretty good, I think. I disagree that it would help prove who the best player in the NBA is, but it'd be a lot of fun nevertheless.

Just relax...

lakers4sho
01-08-2009, 12:35 AM
Probably we can have two divisions: 6'6" and under division, and over 6'6" division

That way it's fair in terms of height.

carter15
01-08-2009, 12:37 AM
its a good idea that people wud love to watch...but it wont prove much...since players slack for 3 quarters of the ASG neways...i dont think they want 5 or wtv intense games against the best players in the nba...they have a season to play thats way more important.

Kyle N.
01-08-2009, 04:05 AM
What ever happened to H.O.R.S.E.?

Fireworld
01-08-2009, 05:43 AM

A 1 v 1 mini tournament.

Luv it!!

innovator
01-08-2009, 05:52 AM
id want that

Bishnoff
01-08-2009, 06:00 AM
1. Bikini contest for the player's wives
2. Legends game with all the old players competing
3. 60 metre sprint to find out who is the fastest player in the League

Voodoo Alchemy
01-08-2009, 06:24 AM
1 on 1 is a good idea but it'll never work. Guys are there to have fun, not beat each other up. I would like to see the slam dunk contest with NBA along wth AND1 players together.

bbcmillionaire
01-08-2009, 07:04 AM
nba players watch regular people play
id be the first to sign up for that contest.
coaches vs coaches game haha phil jackson vs popavich

DrDEADalready
01-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Yao vs Shaq. would be Funny as hell to watch.

Wilson
01-08-2009, 03:07 PM
nba players watch regular people play
id be the first to sign up for that contest.
coaches vs coaches game haha phil jackson vs popavich

If Greg Popovic had never grown his beard, they could have called that one Hippies vs. Squares :p