PDA

View Full Version : What About Us

stealaz #1
01-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Like everyone else i've been watching all kinds of sport shows and they're all getting kinda boring,or maybe its because i dont think they're saying to much about the Steelers except Ben's injury "which really is'nt an issue anymore"they're all on the coat tails of every other team but us.

So here it is,if you had the power what do you think they should harp more on or talk more about when it comes to our team or any team in the playoffs.

CubbieSteve
01-07-2009, 03:48 PM
They never talk too much about the Steelers. They'd rather talk about who T.O. yelled at today or where Romo is vacationing right now.

I don't watch ESPN anymore really. Too much ********. I watch NFL Network if I want football talk. Even they can sometimes do the same.

PS73943
01-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Its really annoying that now everyone is saying Baltimore's defense is the best, even though we beat them in every major category AND we beat them twice on the field this season.

Klingonbear
01-07-2009, 07:43 PM
I'm kind of happy to remain off most radars. Ultimately, publicity of any kind, gets back to the locker room and can be a distraction of sorts.

Just saw James Harrison on NFL channel (Teamcam). He appeared to sit and tolerate the interview, just giving the barest amount of info. Just enough to get the job done. No smiles and cracks, just dead-eyed the interviewer, who was quite clearly starting to get uncomfortable.

Job done, no secrets divulged, no hints dropped, no braggadocio or bravado. No help for the opposition. Loved it.

Plus, it's always nice to see some of these interviewers blabbing hot air for no reward.

As Joe Perry said, "let the music do the talkin'". Bring on Sunday.

NYMetros
01-07-2009, 07:48 PM
They never talk too much about the Steelers. They'd rather talk about who T.O. yelled at today or where Romo is vacationing right now.

I don't watch ESPN anymore really. Too much ********. I watch NFL Network if I want football talk. Even they can sometimes do the same.

SportsCenter blows.

hyp21
01-07-2009, 10:33 PM
rather be off the radar imo...makes winning the lombardi trophy all the more sweeter of a taste

CubbieSteve
01-07-2009, 11:44 PM
SportsCenter blows.

Yes, it does. I really wish I had MLB Network so I wouldn't have to rely on ESPN for baseball highlights.

stealaz #1
01-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Staying off the radar is good but what trips me is when we do start beating everybody they say we wont it seems like our bandwagon gets heavy then thats when we loose to somebody we shoudnt

cre0530
01-09-2009, 12:48 PM
I think it's a PR thing other teams do a better job of publicizing their players than the Steeler's who prefer to do their talking on the field.

Steelersbud420
01-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Let everyone talk we'll do our talking on the field

Wilson
01-10-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm kind of happy to remain off most radars. Ultimately, publicity of any kind, gets back to the locker room and can be a distraction of sorts.

Just saw James Harrison on NFL channel (Teamcam). He appeared to sit and tolerate the interview, just giving the barest amount of info. Just enough to get the job done. No smiles and cracks, just dead-eyed the interviewer, who was quite clearly starting to get uncomfortable.

Job done, no secrets divulged, no hints dropped, no braggadocio or bravado. No help for the opposition. Loved it.

Plus, it's always nice to see some of these interviewers blabbing hot air for no reward.

As Joe Perry said, "let the music do the talkin'". Bring on Sunday.

Agreed.

Whilst I can't stand or agree with the phrase 'Bulletin Board Material' (anyone who needs a little trash talk from Anthony Smith or a rookie RB to get motivated for a game doesn't need to be in the NFL I'm afraid), it is good to see that our guys (for the most part) don't focus on getting their headlines and exposure at the expense of the team.

stealaz #1
01-11-2009, 01:44 AM
I know its wrong but dont you think a lost could'nt happen to a better team than them Titians,im just mad we didnt get a chance to make them eat them terrible towels they stumped on :clap: