PDA

View Full Version : Dallas-Toronto deal is "total nonsense"

nearyG
01-07-2009, 12:46 PM
For those of you who don't already know, Doug Smith, who covers the Raptors for the Toronto Star is reporting that there is no deal, was no deal and will never be a deal. It looks like HoopsWorld has once again let us down. J-Howard would've looked nice in a Raps uniform tho i must say. Anyways if you want more on the situation check the link...

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Young2Kinsler
01-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Thats sad, that trade would of been awesome.

ink
01-07-2009, 01:08 PM
It's pretty clear now, if it wasn't before, that Hoopsworld totally sucks as a source.

nearyG
01-07-2009, 01:11 PM
lol has anyone seen a picture of the guy that writes these rumors on hoopsworld??? hes a big duchebag fan...hes got mavericks gear on in the picture on the website lol...im writing him some hate mail...tell him to **** off

Sport
01-07-2009, 01:16 PM
DTA! Dont trust anybody.

Thats what my good friend Steve Austin told me.

Dol-Fan
01-07-2009, 01:37 PM
So we're going to trust Doug Smith to say that this deal is nonsense?

You mean the guy that reported that, according to sources in the organization, Sam Mitchell was not going to be fired, the day that he got fired?

Or how about the guy that said that Toronto was very interested in Joe Smith? And trading Anthony Parker for him, what happened to the "value of an expiring" which he preaches in this little blog?

He also thought Antonio McDyess would have been a great pickup, he and Joe Smith are exactly what we don't need, more jump-shooting big men.

If anything, this topic should be closed and not the one actually reporting the rumor. Doug Smith is an even worse source than Poopsworld, which is really saying something.

JordansBulls
01-07-2009, 01:49 PM
For those of you who don't already know, Doug Smith, who covers the Raptors for the Toronto Star is reporting that there is no deal, was no deal and will never be a deal. It looks like HoopsWorld has once again let us down. J-Howard would've looked nice in a Raps uniform tho i must say. Anyways if you want more on the situation check the link...

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Are they saying this because the Raptors would have disapproved of it?

AFlagRules
01-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Doug Smith is bad, the deal proposed is worse and the Hoopsworld guy is even worse than those 2 combined.

DirtyThirty
01-07-2009, 02:12 PM
false hope is better than no hope lol

LA_Raiders
01-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Both teams sucks so they need to make some moves....

GAWDtv
01-07-2009, 02:27 PM
That would be like trading J.Kidd for Devin Harris, sell out the future for wha? We get to watch Bargs florish in Dallas and Howard collect J.O. :injury: money?? Parker is better shooter and attacker + WAY better defender than Howard so how would that work for us even if he doesn't get injured???

We need to move maybe Kapono, Graham, Humphries or Colderon. The two PG's can cover that spot and he has great trade value. Look to get a guy like Rudy Gay (with a name like that his jersey sales alone in Toronto would be through the roof!!) Rudy Fernandez (he can help us on the wing, young may bring another piece with him (Pryzbilla, etc). How bout AK47 for ALL those guys???

LD V2.0
01-07-2009, 02:29 PM
That would be like trading J.Kidd for Devin Harris, sell out the future for wha? We get to watch Bargs florish in Dallas and Howard collect J.O. :injury: money?? Parker is better shooter and attacker + WAY better defender than Howard so how would that work for us even if he doesn't get injured???

:rolleyes:

Raptors fans everywhere don't think this. haha.

If Parker is go great then why is he struggling? Why the hell can't he managed to leap frog Jason "please don't pass the ball to the guy I'm guarding" Kapono?

Dol-Fan
01-07-2009, 02:32 PM

If Parker is go great then why is he struggling? Why the hell can't he managed to leap frog Jason "please don't pass the ball to the guy I'm guarding" Kapono?

I truly hope he is the only one, I don't think he realizes that Howard makes about a third of JO's salary.

pebloemer
01-07-2009, 03:22 PM

Agreed, Raptor's fans do not think Parker is better than Howard.

Sixerlover
01-07-2009, 03:49 PM
^ Mainly because they KNOW he isn't right?

Dol-Fan
01-07-2009, 03:57 PM

that's pretty accurate.

LD V2.0
01-07-2009, 04:32 PM

Why else would they think it?

Young2Kinsler
01-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Howard is a far better player than Parker, and most level headed people know this. The simple fact is, this deal makes sense for both teams, wether you agree with it or not is another topic, but both teams need a change, and I really believe this would improve both squads.

lorenz00
01-07-2009, 06:45 PM
gay deal for the raptors.... josh howard is not going to improve and garbage player for us coming

Spurred1
01-07-2009, 07:17 PM
That trade would not solve any of Dallas' problems. They need a center who can score(Diop may as well be a corpse out there, for all he does) and a player who can get to the basket. Howard, even with all his faults and low BB IQ is still the better player.

rick66ankiel24
01-07-2009, 07:38 PM
damn howard would have been sick playing w/ bosh, calderon and o'neal

#1Mavericksfan
01-07-2009, 07:55 PM
This trade would not help the Mavs at all...the Mavs need a center that can score like Brad Miller.

Young2Kinsler
01-07-2009, 10:03 PM
This trade would not help the Mavs at all...the Mavs need a center that can score like Brad Miller.

OMG when will Mavs fans listen... Bargnani starts at the 5 and can SCORE, he's exactly what you guys want, lol.

ramansingh3
01-08-2009, 02:37 PM

no we dont. look at the perception of a trade like this as of late.