PDA

View Full Version : Mavs and Raptors discuss a Josh Howard Deal

Young2Kinsler
01-07-2009, 03:54 AM
The Mavericks and Raptors are discussing a trade that could send Josh Howard to Toronto, according to Hoopsworld.com.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=11144

DeSagana Diop and Antoine Wright could also be involved, with Dallas getting Andrea Bargnani and Anthony Parker in return. The deal seems to make sense for both teams, though Toronto would likely be taking on too much salary for the deal to go through exactly as proposed. Stay tuned for updates.

OMG Please let this trade happen. I know guys, Howard is talented, but this deal makes sense for us. Howard hasn't played well at all this season, and I think we are getting fair value in this deal. If we could get some one to take Howards big contract, and Diops rediculous money, its a win, lol. But really, Bargani and Parker would fit in well here, and Bargani is a younger piece you can have for the future. Parker gives us the pure shooter and good defender we need at SG, and I for one am salivating at this trade idea. I'm probably getting way ahead of myself, but man this trade would make me one happy Mavs fan.

dirtybird
01-07-2009, 10:00 AM
As a Raptors fan I certainly hope that that deal happens, but you all would be getting ripped off. It doesn't takes much to shake Bargnani's confidence and get him to revert back to the player who floats around the perimeter and chuck 3pt shots. When he does that he won't be able to buy a bucket. Not to mention that his inability to rebound is probably not going to improve much. He's made noticeable improvements on D and has tried to post up more, but he's way too mentally weak to be anything more than a role player. I'm probably doing a disservice to the Raptors by saying this.

Diop thought really would put a damper on things. What were the Mavs thinking when they signed him to that deal?

raptor fan
01-07-2009, 10:11 AM
The Mavericks and Raptors are discussing a trade that could send Josh Howard to Toronto, according to Hoopsworld.com.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=11144

DeSagana Diop and Antoine Wright could also be involved, with Dallas getting Andrea Bargnani and Anthony Parker in return. The deal seems to make sense for both teams, though Toronto would likely be taking on too much salary for the deal to go through exactly as proposed. Stay tuned for updates.

OMG Please let this trade happen. I know guys, Howard is talented, but this deal makes sense for us. Howard hasn't played well at all this season, and I think we are getting fair value in this deal. If we could get some one to take Howards big contract, and Diops rediculous money, its a win, lol. But really, Bargani and Parker would fit in well here, and Bargani is a younger piece you can have for the future. Parker gives us the pure shooter and good defender we need at SG, and I for one am salivating at this trade idea. I'm probably getting way ahead of myself, but man this trade would make me one happy Mavs fan.

yeah, the salaries dont match with the deal as it is. i'm thinking the deal is gonna look like this if it happens:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2981~2987~2010~635~992~2006~28 01&teams=6~6~6~6~28~28~28&te=&cash=

however, i thought u guys would be more interested in a howard for jo type of deal, since u guys want to win now. bargnani would be a good player for u down the road, but the time for u guys to win is now, since kidd is getting older. here's a deal that i propose that involves JO cause u never know how things might change in conversations:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=992~2006~802~2981~2010~615&teams=28~28~28~6~6~6&te=&cash=

dirk206
01-07-2009, 10:24 AM
I just can't imagine 3 potential 7'0" on the floor in Dirk Nowitzki at PF, Andrea Bargnani at SF and Erick Dampier at C, it'd be one tall lineup. I think Andrea Bargnani is still developing and maybe a change a scenery would be good, honestly a more up-tempo style may due his game some good. Anthony Parker would definitely help us a SG and could pick up some of the scoring we lose in josh Howard. One thing i hate is we are very thin on the frontline if we lose DeSagna Diop, though he hasn't helped much this year and it looks like the contract we gave him was a pretty bad move so we'd shed ourselves of the contract. Antoine Wright is a decent role player and losing both these guys would definitely hurt the bench. I don't know who they would sign as another backup C. But I would do this deal if I were the Mavs, it spreads the offense out more rather then all the scoring coming from just Dirk and J-Howard. though I want to here if the Mavs get any more players back in this trade.

raptor fan
01-07-2009, 10:33 AM
I just can't imagine 3 potential 7'0" on the floor in Dirk Nowitzki at PF, Andrea Bargnani at SF and Erick Dampier at C, it'd be one tall lineup. I think Andrea Bargnani is still developing and maybe a change a scenery would be good, honestly a more up-tempo style may due his game some good. Anthony Parker would definitely help us a SG and could pick up some of the scoring we lose in josh Howard. One thing i hate is we are very thin on the frontline if we lose DeSagna Diop, though he hasn't helped much this year and it looks like the contract we gave him was a pretty bad move so we'd shed ourselves of the contract. Antoine Wright is a decent role player and losing both these guys would definitely hurt the bench. I don't know who they would sign as another backup C. But I would do this deal if I were the Mavs, it spreads the offense out more rather then all the scoring coming from just Dirk and J-Howard. though I want to here if the Mavs get any more players back in this trade.

u guys would be able to make another trade to acquire a backup big. guys like eddy curry, jason collins, etc would be available for a guy like stackhouse.

raptor fan
01-07-2009, 10:38 AM
here's a 3 team deal that guys u two more bigs in curry and lee from the knicks. u would probably have to give a 1st rounder in the deal to new york.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=990~2772~992~2006~802~3038~280 1~2981~2987~2010~635&teams=6~6~28~28~18~18~28~18~6~6~6&te=&cash=

DaoudS
01-07-2009, 11:18 AM
here's a 3 team deal that guys u two more bigs in curry and lee from the knicks. u would probably have to give a 1st rounder in the deal to new york.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=990~2772~992~2006~802~3038~280 1~2981~2987~2010~635&teams=6~6~28~28~18~18~28~18~6~6~6&te=&cash=

lol and what is ny getting here?

dirk206
01-07-2009, 12:09 PM
that's the point, NY wants to shed as much salary as it can to get Lebron and hell probably even another big FA in 2010. They don't even play Eddy Curry all that much so getting rid of his bloated contract would be doing them a favor, David Lee, while a good player is just a rent a player for the year since he's a FA after this year.

Bwangster12
01-07-2009, 12:20 PM
No no... lol.

The Knicks HAVE already shed significant payroll. There is no WAY they move Curry and Lee for that. Walsh has already had a few offers for Lee, which have been pretty nice and hasn't bit. Yes, using Lee to dump Curry has been discussed, but Walsh is going to want to get something back in addition.

The other thing is, Curry is due back soon, hopefully. From discussions, D'Antoni and Walsh are semi-excited to see what he can do. There have also been teams interested in him... Portland, Charlotte, Denver... so I can't imagine them just dumping him like this. I have to imagine they let Curry play a lil before assessing his trade value. I mean, hes like 25-26, HUGE, making less than 10 a year and has some nice skills at a very hard to fill position. He still might have value by himself.

Young2Kinsler
01-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Well we know this deal is false now, so flush my dreams... crappy Hoopsworld.

6th man
01-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Dallas gets
Jermaine O'Neal
Jason Kapono/Anthony Parker

Toronto gets
Josh Howard
Travis Outlaw
Jerry Stackhouse
Chiek Samb

New York gets
Marcus Camby
Jerryd Bayless (or someone with a similar contract)

Portland gets
David Lee
Jason Kapono/Anthony Parker

LA Clippers
Quentin Richardson
Joey Graham
Shavlick Randolph

mavsss41
01-07-2009, 01:52 PM
first off this deal does not work second of all NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to this trade so there it is raps fans NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tht wud be a steal for toronto and i say NOOOOOOOOOOOOO donnie don't do this

asmarks18
01-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Y2K. Be glad the deal didn't go down. I think it sucks man. We can get alot more out of Howard than Bargnani.

We don't need another white pansy who just shoots 3's when we have Dirk. We need a center who can score down low and not let people push him around when rebounding. Thats all the Mavs need IMO.

Young2Kinsler
01-07-2009, 02:19 PM
You wont get much more than this offer for Howard with his past and the way hes playing... like complete donkey crap.

asmarks18
01-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Sending Howard, Diop, and Wright for Bargnani and Parker isn't enough IMO. There better be some draft picks involved.

aWiLL 20
01-07-2009, 03:10 PM
im sorry y2k, but i dont really see how howard is playing like crap. do i want him to get traded? yes. Do i think we could do better than bargnani? yes. But geez man, he hasnt been playing like crap lol

Young2Kinsler
01-07-2009, 05:54 PM
His play since soming back has been mediocre at best. Look at the numbers. He's shooting a career low in FG % outside his rookie season, and Carslile has been trying to get him to drive all season, and he throws up bad jumper after bad jumper. Howards good, but I'm tired of him. You can get a younger, cheaper piece to add to the roster, so do it.

Spurred1
01-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Thank God it was just a crappy rumor. As much as Howard has regressed this season, Bargnani and Parker don't do anything for us and would make things worse. I suspect that Y2K wants to make a trade just for the sake for making one. The Mavs need a change, but that is the WRONG one. Bargs sucks-no offense Raptors fans. The Mavs need another center-Diop is hideous in every way possible. Dampier is unbelievably inconsistent.

#1Mavericksfan
01-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Man I'm happy this trade didn't go down because it would only help the Raptors and not the Mavs, the Raptors have already said there not trading Bargnani to anybody.

#1Mavericksfan
01-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Thank God it was just a crappy rumor. As much as Howard has regressed this season, Bargnani and Parker don't do anything for us and would make things worse. I suspect that Y2K wants to make a trade just for the sake for making one. The Mavs need a change, but that is the WRONG one. Bargs sucks-no offense Raptors fans. The Mavs need another center-Diop is hideous in every way possible. Dampier is unbelievably inconsistent.

Come on now...How many times are you gonna keep bashing the Mavs center when your Spurs centers suck to....Fabricio Oberto and Kurt Thomas:laugh2:

MavsEUROPE
01-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Bargnani is a J-O-K-E! 5rpg? with 7.0 height!

We can get better then this... :S

ragee
01-07-2009, 08:38 PM

This deal seems unrealistic but I would surely hope that it could happen for the sake of the Mavs!

Young2Kinsler
01-07-2009, 09:58 PM
You guys are vastly under rating Bargani. You say we need a C, but thats where Bargs plays when he starts. When he gets minutes he's been VERY productive in the NBA. Not only can he shoot, but he can go to the rim, and is a good defender in the paint. Like all young guys, he has lapses and what not, but the guy is a solid NBA talent, to say he sucks is nothing more than idiotic, and to laugh b/c he avg 5 RPG when he plays 26 minutes. Don't look at his season totals, or stats per game, since he doesnt play much sometimes for some reason. Look at when he gets minutes, like his last 4 games... Averaging over 21 PPG, 7 RPG, and almost 2 blocks. Bargnani is VASTLY under rated by Mavs fans on here, and we won't even go into the HUGE hole Parker would fill on this team. Like I said, Howards having his worst season ever, and he looks boring and lackluster on the floor. He's just going through the motions, and it's time he moved on.

#1Mavericksfan
01-07-2009, 10:10 PM
The Raptors have already said there not trading Bargnani to ANYBODY and that includes the Mavs....I don't even know why this thread is still open.

AFlagRules
01-08-2009, 01:36 AM
The Raptors have already said there not trading Bargnani to ANYBODY and that includes the Mavs....I don't even know why this thread is still open.

Thanks...