PDA

View Full Version : McCants quickly fading

PurpleJesus
01-07-2009, 01:52 AM
When McHale took over as head coach, he gave McCants every oppurtunity to prove himself. McHale started him, and played him heavely, then he inserted ollie into the starting lineup and moved McCants to the bench, and reduced his minutes, then Miller came back, and now McCants gets nothing. Another DNP for McCants tonight, i think its safe to say that he will be gone by the trading deadline...what a talent...what a shame.
Good riddance.

Preuss-is-right
01-07-2009, 02:28 AM
I dont think McHale liked it too much when McCants flew to Vegas the night before a game.

PurpleJesus
01-07-2009, 02:31 AM
didnt i read something where mchale said he really doesnt care, all he cares about is if they show up to work on time?

Mauersota
01-07-2009, 02:47 AM
Fill me in but didn't he miss like 4 practices or something?

cb21
01-07-2009, 10:52 AM
I used to be very high on McCants when we drafted him, but that feeling has faded fast. He can't play within a team. Looking at the backups, he is the only guy the you can feel comfortable with scoring the ball. With that said, other teams know that and know he won't give up the ball. He feels a need to shoot everytime he touches the ball. With the second group, 10 pts and 3-5 assists a night is very reasonable. He cannot play within a team, and until then will not be a successful NBA player. The guy can score, but is playing for himself. Now if we look to trade him, I can't see us getting a ton for him. My rant is over.

Preuss-is-right
01-07-2009, 11:33 AM
didnt i read something where mchale said he really doesnt care, all he cares about is if they show up to work on time?

What coach would like to answer that question? "So I bet you're glad Rashad made it back in time?" Also what kind of serious player would take such a chance? Of course McHale is going to say he doesnt care as long as he shows up to play but obviously something happened to call for 2 or 3 DNP's.

topdog
01-07-2009, 12:53 PM
It's a shame McCants can't put it all together - some games he just can't miss... then he goes 3 for 15 or something like that. I think the smartest thing is to keep him out of games (trade him or let his contract expire) because they've been winning without him and let someone else take a chance on him (boston? kg-mccants? bestest buds...)

Preuss-is-right
01-07-2009, 01:00 PM
It's a shame McCants can't put it all together - some games he just can't miss... then he goes 3 for 15 or something like that. I think the smartest thing is to keep him out of games (trade him or let his contract expire) because they've been winning without him and let someone else take a chance on him (boston? kg-mccants? bestest buds...)

Boston doesnt have anything I want.

I'd consider trading him for a player the caliber of Morris Petersen and Antonio Daniels. How about we trade him to Indiana for Rasho?

GOGOGOMEZ08
01-07-2009, 01:25 PM

I'd consider trading him for a player the caliber of Morris Petersen and Antonio Daniels. How about we trade him to Indiana for Rasho?

I'd take it

topdog
01-07-2009, 01:29 PM

Boston thing was kinda a random comment, not so much a trade thing. No way we could get Mo Pete or Daniels. 'Shadi won't net much, maybe a 2nd round pick? It's just come to the point where he just isn't gonna work here... even if we get nothing but his tiny contract coming off our books.

topdog
01-07-2009, 01:30 PM
What does Rasho have left on his contract, btw?

MylesKong
01-07-2009, 01:38 PM
McCants for Willie Green straight-up?

jwin2005
01-07-2009, 02:54 PM
i hope mccants can find a team that can utilize his strengths... i still think he is a heck of a player

IowaAJ
01-07-2009, 06:14 PM
How have we not utilized hit strengths we have given him every opportunity to prove himself and though I like McCants and think he will be good eventually he just needs a change of scenery because he isn't working out in Minnesota just my oppinion.

howiend
01-07-2009, 06:58 PM
I think his time in minny is over also. McHale gave him a shot and he just doesn't fit within a team (and still is so erratic with his shot). The twolves will get a marginal player at best for him or I think they will simply keep him until the end of the year. With an injury to miller, carney, or cardinal McCants would get some pt again. I don't think McHale has given up on him but right now the team is clicking.

PurpleJesus
01-07-2009, 07:11 PM

probably wouldnt happen, but what about kendrick perkins?

also, the kind of guy that would take the chance on going to vegas for new years when he has a game the next day, is the guy who is dating one of the Kardashians...lucky man.

PurpleJesus
01-08-2009, 01:13 AM
McCants got some play tonight, the scenario was we were down to 2 guys rotating at the point, one was also rotating at SG, there were only 7 minutes left, and we were ahead by 40...
so we took out our two PGs, and inserted McCants at the point.

Preuss-is-right
01-08-2009, 01:20 AM
At least he went in and didnt pull a Ricky Davis :shrug:

howiend
01-08-2009, 01:46 AM

also, the kind of guy that would take the chance on going to vegas for new years when he has a game the next day, is the guy who is dating one of the Kardashians...lucky man.

that would be a sweet trade for the wolves. I don't think we would get perkins for miller.

boeknows
01-09-2009, 02:38 AM
i hope mccants can find a team that can utilize his strengths... i still think he is a heck of a player

It will probably have to be over in Europe because over there he could be a star and thats what he wants to be.

boeknows
01-09-2009, 02:39 AM
McCants got some play tonight, the scenario was we were down to 2 guys rotating at the point, one was also rotating at SG, there were only 7 minutes left, and we were ahead by 40...
so we took out our two PGs, and inserted McCants at the point.

Where he promtly jacked up a shot and turned the ball over twice in a row.

Hawkeye15
01-09-2009, 12:45 PM
I will kiss the ground if they ship him off. I hate the guy. Sure, he can score when he is playing well, but he turns the ball over at a high rate, is a total black hole, doesn't play defense, and just looks smug all the time. I was hoping he could turn into a Peeler type, but I just want him gone. With Brewer out, and Miller constantly hurt, if we trade him, we need a wing in return. So it may just be in our interest to keep him and not play him unless necessary. Which makes me sick as well. I just don't like his game AT ALL

tcman2007
01-09-2009, 04:15 PM
I will kiss the ground if they ship him off. I hate the guy. Sure, he can score when he is playing well, but he turns the ball over at a high rate, is a total black hole, doesn't play defense, and just looks smug all the time. I was hoping he could turn into a Peeler type, but I just want him gone. With Brewer out, and Miller constantly hurt, if we trade him, we need a wing in return. So it may just be in our interest to keep him and not play him unless necessary. Which makes me sick as well. I just don't like his game AT ALL

I've heard from people who know that McCants is "bad in the locker room".

cwilson21
01-09-2009, 05:46 PM

Figured that. He looks like a punk. I remember one game last year he had a great game then got in the face of someone and was talking trash though he only had a couple buckets. He's a loser.

Preuss-is-right
01-09-2009, 07:08 PM

Who are these people you know?

Jacob K.
01-10-2009, 11:47 AM
he should have stayed at UNC longer

PurpleJesus
01-10-2009, 01:49 PM
he should have stayed at UNC longer

and taken teamwork classes

Preuss-is-right
01-11-2009, 02:56 PM
I talked to Sid Hartman today on the radio and asked him if he's heard of any rumors regarding McCants and the Wolves possible 4 1st rounders. He said no team wants McCants, we've been shopping him but havnt found anyone willing to take him. As far as the possible 1st rounders go he just questioned IF we get them all. Kinda disappointing that he didnt elaborate further but at least we know McCants really is that bad.

howiend
01-11-2009, 04:06 PM
It doesn't look like we will get Utah's this year (via Philly in Rodney Carney trade) - it has to be lower than 22.

hugefan
01-11-2009, 06:55 PM

I heard the same thing, I have a friend who works for the T-Wolves and he said and i quote "that McCants just thinks hes above everyone else"

PurpleJesus
01-11-2009, 09:37 PM
http://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=8&c=1&nid=11980

here is scout.com's recruit analysis of rashaad mccants, read his biography, i laughed when it raved about his defensive intensity, if only that were true.

Redsoxin09
01-19-2009, 06:17 PM

I work at New Hope Bowl where McCants goes bowling alot and he brought all the Kardashian girls with him, needless to say it was a packed house but he said he liked it because their were no reporters their or anything like that.

Preuss-is-right
01-20-2009, 12:06 AM
Apparantly he's ok with sitting. At least he's being professional about it. He must not be so dumb since he realizes he's in a contract year and no one will want him if he's a disruption to the team.

http://www.twincities.com/timberwolves/ci_11464730?nclick_check=1