PDA

View Full Version : Wolves current winning streak (5 and counting)

basketball3553
01-07-2009, 12:33 AM
It's official, the streak for the Wolves has now gotten to 3 wins in a row. With another winnable game coming up against the Thunder, the Wolves are really showing their potential. How many wins do you think this streak will get to?

cwilson21
01-07-2009, 12:50 AM
28 games in a row. Nah I don't know but it should be 5 right if we didn't choke vs. Dallas?

Oefarmy2005
01-07-2009, 01:33 AM
I think 3 is probably it, since it seems like Thunder has been playing like they've got something to prove and we are down another defender in Ollie. Probably 4 though, but I really don't see us beating a team such as Bucks yeat.

PurpleJesus
01-07-2009, 01:46 AM
im pretty happy with how we have been playing the last 6 or 7 games, dallas was complete BS, but its great that the team responded to that disaster by winning 3 in a row, they could have completely folded after that game, but have shown great character for a young team.

reemy
01-07-2009, 02:12 AM
I think 3 is probably it, since it seems like Thunder has been playing like they've got something to prove and we are down another defender in Ollie. Probably 4 though, but I really don't see us beating a team such as Bucks yeat.

LMAO, i think that we can

Pat Thetic
01-07-2009, 03:20 AM
I love this team, but I worry about the matchup with Durant. Corey could have guarded him respectably, but Gomes is such a tweaner. The team has no real SF. Mike should be, 6'8" and long, but he isn't interested. Oh, I forgot about Brian Cardinal. **** it, I'll take four games, Kidd will matchup well with both Foye and Bassy.

Preuss-is-right
01-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Right now we are 16 games below 500, lets say we keep winning and end up 5 or so games below by the trade deadline. Would some of you still consider blowing up the roster? Would the season be lost since we need top 10 picks and a 500 record isnt gonna get that?

Love the avatar wilson. AAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA!!

cwilson21
01-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Right now we are 16 games below 500, lets say we keep winning and end up 5 or so games below by the trade deadline. Would some of you still consider blowing up the roster? Would the season be lost since we need top 10 picks and a 500 record isnt gonna get that?

Love the avatar wilson. AAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA!!

I say we are going to win 9 in a row. I know that's a pretty drastic guess but I like the way we've been playing of late and the bench players actually seem to know what they are doing when they are all out there together. I just threw out 9 really because I felt like it.

The best show on TV. Period.

IowaAJ
01-07-2009, 06:18 PM
I don't really know how many games we are gonna win a row but I am sure enjoying winning instead of losing. I think it should be at least 4 if not 5 if we can beat the Bucks.

GOGOGOMEZ08
01-07-2009, 06:34 PM
If we go 31-17 the rest of the year we will get 40 wins :)

WSU Tony
01-07-2009, 07:40 PM
We're happy about being in the class of the teams we've beaten? They are wins, yes, but I don't see this as a big deal. Honestly.

(Here comes the "it's a start," or "it builds momentum" argument. Talked to me in two weeks and we'll have the true story.

GOGOGOMEZ08
01-07-2009, 07:43 PM
We're happy about being in the class of the teams we've beaten? They are wins, yes, but I don't see this as a big deal. Honestly.

(Here comes the "it's a start," or "it builds momentum" argument. Talked to me in two weeks and we'll have the true story.

Just trying to find some positives on a negative season. Did someone have a bad day today?

basketball3553
01-07-2009, 07:55 PM

Ok we'll talk to you then because the only reason that I started this thread was to have some wolves fans appreciate the teams recent success. I'm pretty sure I didn't imply that we were going to all the sudden be the dominant team in the NBA. The only thing that could have implied that, but did not, was me asking how many wins people thought this streak would get to. Just tryin to create a little excitement since there really hasn't been much.

WSU Tony
01-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Just trying to find some positives on a negative season. Did someone have a bad day today?

I'm just being realisitic, don't expect me to jump for joy to be considered the class of the teams we've beaten. I don't want to be the guy to be negative but beating these bad teams will get us nothing but a worse pick. Honestly, I don't see us as a better team for beating them and in the future, next year, I see us as a worse team.

Ok we'll talk to you then because the only reason that I started this thread was to have some wolves fans appreciate the teams recent success. I'm pretty sure I didn't imply that we were going to all the sudden be the dominant team in the NBA. The only thing that could have implied that, but did not, was me asking how many wins people thought this streak would get to. Just tryin to create a little excitement since there really hasn't been much.

I get the point of the thread, I'm just looking at it from a pretty neutral standpoint.

If I thought we had the young talent to compete someday, I'd be very happy for wins. Until then, I'll be pleasantly surprised by a win but in the back of my mind I can't help but think it makes this rebuilding process a little bit harder. When we've officially got legit young talent I'll be happy to start picking up wins. (Ala Portland...)

IowaAJ
01-07-2009, 09:50 PM
This is the best we have played all year and I for one am really enjoying the way we are playing right now. We had a brutal schedule at the beginning of the season and we did lose to some teams we should of beaten but we are starting to click and I think this team could continue to win games.

Mauersota
01-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Let's not jinx it.

basketball3553
01-07-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm watching the game between the Wolves and Thinder right now, and it's the beginning of the 3rd quarter. Wolves are up 98-66. Looks like the fourth win in a row for us. I hope this post won't jinx them and they won't blow a huge lead like they did against Dallas.

basketball3553
01-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Oh yea Foye's got 32 points and Al has his double double and I just saw Miller hit a three, haven't seen that in a long time.

Mauersota
01-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Did you not read the post above yours or are you trying to be funny?

basketball3553
01-07-2009, 11:15 PM
yea sorry but it just reached four in a row. just dominated that win

Mauersota
01-07-2009, 11:21 PM
It's OKC so lets not get to hyped up...but OKC does match up well against us.

IowaAJ
01-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Hey this team is rolling and now we get to play a Bucks team that has some talent but is a very winnable game.

PurpleJesus
01-08-2009, 12:57 AM
We are 10.5 games behind the 8th seed now. Thats quite a bit. but we have more than half a season left, and maybe we can dwindle that number down to 6 or 7 in a couple weeks, then we could really start to speculate. winning makes things so great.

Mauersota
01-08-2009, 01:01 AM
We are 10.5 games behind the 8th seed now. Thats quite a bit. but we have more than half a season left, and maybe we can dwindle that number down to 6 or 7 in a couple weeks, then we could really start to speculate. winning makes things so great.

Holy crap we beat OKC and Mem and suddenly were talking bout playoffs? we talking bout playoffs man...playoffs what are talking bout?? playoffs...

PurpleJesus
01-08-2009, 01:05 AM
were not talking about playoffs, but were talking about the possibility of being able to possibly be in the playoffs if we possibly dwindle 10.5 down to 6 in a couple weeks

howiend
01-08-2009, 01:21 AM
I think this team is going to keep playing well. I don't even see the dallas game as this big choke. Dallas's 3 best scorers got incredibly hot and just started hitting everything and it got contagious to the rest of their team. Yes, the wolves had a stretch where the team wasn't sure where to go to for points but they played well in the last 3-4 minutes as I recall.

No playoffs, but teams from both conferences that will make the playoffs better be ready to play the nights the Wolves are on their schedule. The wolves are playing with a chip on their shoulder and with nothing to lose. No doubt Foye and Love know that many people think they were traded for better players - Telfair seen as a bust.

PurpleJesus
01-08-2009, 01:23 AM
I really like how the team has started to move things through al on offense, it seems like right when they did that, we started playing better. When we are on down swings, the team always tries to get it to al, and when they do, good things happen.

Mauersota
01-08-2009, 01:26 AM
No one thought of Iverson and the practice quote when I said playoffs....

*sigh*

PurpleJesus
01-08-2009, 01:27 AM

*sigh*

i thought more of herm edwards

Preuss-is-right
01-08-2009, 01:30 AM
I thought it was Jim Mora. Pretty sure it was him.

Mauersota
01-08-2009, 01:32 AM
AH yes your right. Now that you say that your right. Man I'm stupid some times.

howiend
01-08-2009, 01:39 AM
Iverson said "practice" we're talking about practice..practice...

Jim Mora did say playoffs

Mauersota, i thought you were talking about mora and I thought it was funny.

PurpleJesus
01-08-2009, 01:41 AM
ahh shoot, and the herm edwards one i was thinking about was...

you play to win the game...hello...you play to win the game...thats the great thing about sports, you play to win the game.

cwilson21
01-08-2009, 01:45 AM
If this team even sniffed the playoffs you'd have to give the NBA coaching award to McHale.

howiend
01-08-2009, 01:49 AM
If this team even sniffed the playoffs you'd have to give the NBA coaching award to McHale.

it could happen (angels in the outfield). I think McHale is an excellent coach - hope he coaches for a while.

WSU Tony
01-08-2009, 09:01 PM
were not talking about playoffs, but were talking about the possibility of being able to possibly be in the playoffs if we possibly dwindle 10.5 down to 6 in a couple weeks

God you guys are reactionists!

*sigh*

I got it. ;)

Mauersota
01-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Iverson said "practice" we're talking about practice..practice...

Jim Mora did say playoffs

Mauersota, i thought you were talking about mora and I thought it was funny.

I know but the words I used where Iverson's just with playoffs, Mora's was worded different from what I remember.

No one gets my sarcastic, dry, sometimes dark sense of humor...that happens I guess when you listen to Steven Wright.

PurpleJesus
01-09-2009, 01:01 AM
God you guys are reactionists!

do you not sense the sarcasm in my quote you put up?

Preuss-is-right
01-09-2009, 01:29 AM
Its not like we're mathematically eliminated yet.

PurpleJesus
01-09-2009, 01:34 AM
preuss is right on this one. And like i said, if we can dwindle the 10.5 games down to 6 in the next couple weeks, then we can get excited about a playoff push, for now i am exicted about the possibility of possibly being able to narrow 10.5 games down to 6 for a possible playoff push

basketball3553
01-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Wow did you see Telfair in last nights game against the Bucks. I was impressed.

PurpleJesus
01-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Wow did you see Telfair in last nights game against the Bucks. I was impressed.

yeah, he'll do that about once in every 15 games.

WSU Tony
01-11-2009, 09:41 PM
yeah, he'll do that about once in every 15 games.

Exactly.

When us fans think of our players sometimes we only think about the BEST of times. If Telfair could play like that every night he would be the next Chris Paul. If Foye played like he has the last two weeks for his whole career nobody would even question the Foye/Roy trade.

The reality, however, is that you need to look at the whole array of games these guys play and not just the highlight real.

Oefarmy2005
01-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Exactly.

When us fans think of our players sometimes we only think about the BEST of times. If Telfair could play like that every night he would be the next Chris Paul. If Foye played like he has the last two weeks for his whole career nobody would even question the Foye/Roy trade.

The reality, however, is that you need to look at the whole array of games these guys play and not just the highlight real.

I see your and Purple's point, but lets not forget to remember his stats last year when Foye was out. He average like 13 pts and 7 assts, at the least last year. I was actually really surprised that we've been playing Ollie over him all season, since I thought that after last year if Foye gets moved to the SG Bassy is a sure starter at PG. But I guess our coaches didn't see it that way.

basketball3553
01-12-2009, 12:09 AM
Exactly.

Yea and I said absolutely nothing at all about Telfair playing like he did in the game for the rest of the season. Would you read what I said? I said I was impressed. Maybe I'm impressed cause he doesn't play like that often.

WSU Tony
01-12-2009, 12:18 AM
Yea and I said absolutely nothing at all about Telfair playing like he did in the game for the rest of the season. Would you read what I said? I said I was impressed. Maybe I'm impressed cause he doesn't play like that often.

Defensive much?

basketball3553
01-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Defensive much?

Yea sorry. I was in a bad mood when I wrote it.

WSU Tony
01-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Yea sorry. I was in a bad mood when I wrote it.

lol, no problem!

PurpleJesus
01-12-2009, 08:11 PM
tony or sparky, you guys should change the name of this thread to winning streak

PurpleJesus
01-12-2009, 11:17 PM
haha, very nice

basketball3553
01-12-2009, 11:51 PM
Yea much better than the name I gave it.

MN Hitman
01-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Streak over! :(