PDA

View Full Version : Sad news - Shaun Livingston cut

CrowninMe
01-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Sad news to report :(, shaun livingston has been cut by the Heat. Hopefully he can get quicker and someone else can pick him up.

http://hoopsoup.com/2009/01/06/shaun-livingstons-comeback-takes-a-setback/

SFloridaSports
01-06-2009, 06:02 PM
hes done. his career is over

LD V2.0
01-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Why is that? The guy is really young. I believe he will be back. Maybe he goes to Europe for a few years at this point?

Steve Kerr
01-06-2009, 06:17 PM
was he playing at all? Is he healthy?

unwantedplayer
01-06-2009, 06:19 PM
I think he will be signed by a European team to develop then he will come back. Maybe the Lakers could use him.

JustinLafferty
01-06-2009, 06:24 PM
I think he will be signed by a European team to develop then he will come back. Maybe the Lakers could use him.

The Orlando Magic could use a backup PG. Plus his height could give them something Jameer don't. He could develop behind him. There's no way hes that bad that he can't play backup for someone in the NBA.

29$JerZ
01-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Sad to hear.

If he got cut then it's pretty blatant he can't contribute to a team this season and possibly next season.

Sixerlover
01-06-2009, 06:29 PM
When you're a guard and you get cut by the Heat that is saying something. Hopefully the reports are true that his leg won't be fully healed until next year, but when you watch the injury again I have my doubts.

SFloridaSports
01-06-2009, 06:34 PM
why is that saying something? the heat are very good at pg and sg

superkegger
01-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Maybe the Twolves will give him a chance...they were interested before, and they sorely need pg help. :shrug: its not like they have anything to lose, they already suck, why not give a small investment now, and hope it pays off next year....

SFloridaSports
01-06-2009, 06:41 PM
he isnt ready and that is why the heat cut him. no need to guarantee a contrat for someone who wont be playing and zo is coming back as well

ManRam
01-06-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm sure someone will give him a chance. So much talent. I think the Magic would be a good fit. We're really thin at PG, and Anthony Johnson is terrible. If we're going to let JJ rot on the bench, why not let someone with far more upset rot there instead??? And by rot I mean develop/take a chance and hope he can get healthy again. Let Jeremy Richardson go, and take a chance on Livingston.

Litchris12
01-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Someone's gonna give him a chance dont worry about that. i didnt even know the heat had 15 players on the team but hey they make room for cap space cuz either they are gonna make a trade or sign alonzo mourning. i kno people are saying they we need a decent shot blocker(joel anthony,d wade,magloire,marion, diawara) but we need someone to take pressure off wade and be a dominant offensive weapon.

mrblisterdundee
01-06-2009, 10:09 PM
He'll always be remembered as Gumby knees.

STAT32
01-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Phoenix released Dee Brown pretty much right after Shaun Livingston was cut. Not only that but I heard the Heat cut him to make room for Zo'. Not because he has health problems or anything.

gregd111
01-06-2009, 11:00 PM
He'll always be remembered as Gumby knees.

Hahhahhaha

That's wrong.

I remember me and a cupple of buddies were watching the injury on youtube and just couldn't help but replaying it over and over again. And each time its the same reaction," ohhhhh shitttt. Wtfffff."

Really scary thing to watch, it actually makes me want to live in a wheel chair. I don't want to be in any situation where any part of my body will twist like that.

Jesus christ.

superkegger
01-06-2009, 11:11 PM
I think in a year or so he'll be back and maybe even at the least a nice backup pg for somebody. It's not like knee injuries have never been come back from before, and he's still very young.

LeBrowns
01-07-2009, 02:19 AM
The fact that the guy is even playing competitive basketball again is astonishing. Anyone that knows the anatomy of the knee knows this was one of the worst knee injuries of all time.

QUICKTRADE
01-07-2009, 02:58 AM
if you're cut then its only one interpretation... better luck next time.

king4day
01-07-2009, 11:24 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign with the Suns in the coming week.
Kerr said in an interview they saw him on the waiver wire and are looking at him as an possible option.

I'm debating making a thread:

Sad News: Dee Brown cut ;)