PDA

View Full Version : Will Wade win a ring without Shaq?

G-Funk
01-05-2009, 11:02 PM
I know there was alot anti Kobe ppl even Lakers fans who said that Kobe won't win without the big guy, will Wade?

Raps18-19 Champ
01-05-2009, 11:04 PM
depends who the other guy will be

NYMetros
01-05-2009, 11:06 PM
:shrug:

A lot can happen between now and the end of his career. If his supporting cast remains the same over the rest of his career, then no. But if he gets some help, yes. Too hard to predict.

Frrrrank!!!
01-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Too hard to tell, he has too many years left in the NBA to try and predict his future. But sure he can do it, will he though? idk.

unwantedplayer
01-05-2009, 11:17 PM
Once Beasly develops and the Heat get a good player via Free Agency, then yes.

Lakersfan2483
01-05-2009, 11:22 PM
It's hard to say, Wade is a terrific player (Top 5 in the NBA, top 2 Closer), but he needs a better team around him. If he can get some better big men and add some better role players he would have a great chance to win another ring.... He's definitely good enough to win a title, but he needs help just like Kobe did prior to getting Gasol.

JJ81
01-05-2009, 11:23 PM
Not any time soon

arkanian215
01-05-2009, 11:24 PM
I know there was alot anti Kobe ppl even Lakers fans who said that Kobe won't win without the big guy, will Wade?

sure. any team that tries to buy him has to have some sort of talent on the court already. he's just the missing link. you dont necessarily need a dominant center to win one in this league.

MrBloop
01-05-2009, 11:38 PM

If he and Lebron were to team up on my New York Knicks:smoking: in 2010 (still very possible regardelss of how good Cleveland is playing rite now) he could win 3 more easily.

I don't know about in Miami tho.

JordansBulls
01-05-2009, 11:42 PM

I don't think it matters because he already won one as the "Guy" on the team.

ARMIN12NBA
01-05-2009, 11:44 PM

:laugh:

still1ballin
01-05-2009, 11:44 PM

LMAO Oh really? So you're saying that Wade led his team to the championship on his own? Your're saying Shaq had no affect on the outcome of the finals and the whole playoffs itself? Please clarify for me.

Kyle N.
01-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Sure, why not? He's young and has plently of years ahead of him. In the past couple years, nobody thought Kevin Garnett would win a championship. Crazier things can happen.

McPeak92
01-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Wade-Beasley-Boozer might be able to win one once celtics big 3 go

JordansBulls
01-05-2009, 11:54 PM
LMAO Oh really? So you're saying that Wade led his team to the championship on his own? Your're saying Shaq had no affect on the outcome of the finals and the whole playoffs itself? Please clarify for me.

Wade in the finals 35 ppg. Shaq in the finals 13 ppg. I think it was clear Wade carried the team.

Now throughout the season it may have been relatively equal, but in the playoffs and finals Wade carried that team.

G-Funk
01-05-2009, 11:55 PM

Hahaha! u never seem to fail.

MrBloop
01-05-2009, 11:56 PM

You know your teams gonna get stomped out for that Sig disrespecting the CHAMPS.:mad:

ARMIN12NBA
01-06-2009, 12:00 AM

It's so funny how such comments can be made by such a good poster. Winning more championships doesn't matter because he already won a single one as the supposed main man? Makes no sense to me. Seems to be a jab at another player, doesn't it? I would rather have three championships while being the supposed second man while everybody who was clued in, including the supposed only top dog, acknowledged that this "second" man obviously shared top dog duties.

JordansBulls
01-06-2009, 12:03 AM

Not sure what you are referring to here.

My point was that why does he have to win without Shaq if he already won as the best player on the team?

It's like me saying would Bird win without Mchale or Russell without Havlicek if those guys won as the best player on the team.

JordansBulls
01-06-2009, 12:06 AM
It's so funny how such comments can be made by such a good poster. Winning more championships doesn't matter because he already won a single one as the supposed main man? Makes no sense to me. Seems to be a jab at another player, doesn't it? I would rather have three championships while being the supposed second man while everybody who was clued in, including the supposed only top dog, acknowledged that this "second" man obviously shared top dog duties.

Not sure what you are talking about here. I stick to the thread.

still1ballin
You know your teams gonna get stomped out for that Sig disrespecting the CHAMPS.:mad:

Why our team get stomped on for? It is a great sig and just stating the facts.

MilfHunter07

:confused:

Not sure what you are referring to here.

My point was that why does he have to win without Shaq if he already won as the best player on the team?

Exactly.:clap:

MilfHunter07
01-06-2009, 12:09 AM

No one in Miami want's Boozer in a Heat Uniform.:rolleyes: Beasley and Him pretty much play the same position and they're games are just alike, only difference is that Beasley has more Range.

DQL
01-06-2009, 12:11 AM
not any time soon but YES

ARMIN12NBA
01-06-2009, 12:13 AM
Not sure what you are talking about here. I stick to the thread.

I basically said that just because Wade won a single championship, it doesn't mean he shouldn't try to get win championships and that it doesn't matter anymore. Then I addressed your swipe at another player. Reading sucks, doesn't it? :D

J$mo0th_3o5
01-06-2009, 12:26 AM
Yeah anything can happen.

JordansBulls
01-06-2009, 12:26 AM
I basically said that just because Wade won a single championship, it doesn't mean he shouldn't try to get win championships and that it doesn't matter anymore. Then I addressed your swipe at another player. Reading sucks, doesn't it? :D

But did you read the thread?

I said what I said because why does a player have to prove they can win without someone else if they won as the best player on the team?

ARMIN12NBA
01-06-2009, 12:34 AM
But did you read the thread?

I said what I said because why does a player have to prove they can win without someone else if they won as the best player on the team?

Did you read the thread? It is not asking whether the player has to prove anything. It is simply asking whether he will win another one without Shaq on his team. It isn't asking about proving anything. It is basically asking if Wade will be champion again, which made your response laughable.

theuuord
01-06-2009, 12:35 AM
sure. any team that tries to buy him has to have some sort of talent on the court already. he's just the missing link. you dont necessarily need a dominant center to win one in this league.

Name a team in the last 30 some odd years that won a championship without a dominant big man or Michael Jordan.

(hint: to save you time, you can't.)

Will he? Probably. Will he without the help of a great frontcourt? Very unlikely.

what54!?
01-06-2009, 01:04 AM
It could happen if
1) beasley develops more and becomes the legit 2nd scoring option to wade. also chamlers development
2) the heat get a soild center
3) the heat stay a defensive minded team

JordansBulls
01-06-2009, 01:08 AM
Did you read the thread? It is not asking whether the player has to prove anything. It is simply asking whether he will win another one without Shaq on his team. It isn't asking about proving anything. It is basically asking if Wade will be champion again, which made your response laughable.

Did you read the thread? It didn't ask if Wade will win another ring. It said would he do so without Shaq. Thus I said why does he have to win one without another player when he already won one as the best player on the team. The whole purpose of saying will a player win a ring without someone else is to prove can they do so as the "GUY" on the team. Wade already did that though.

Bullsfan22
01-06-2009, 01:15 AM

While your right, lets get real if the thread really is asking "whether he will win another championship" it would exclude shaq's name out of the thread title. Most people do view this thread as asking if wade having something to prove without shaq. To answer the question, i think its to early to tell. Call it taking a jab or low blow he told the truth; with shaq on the team wade was clearly the MAN. To be honest I probably might be in the minority but shaq's last championship in LA you can argue that he wasn't the MAN. (so i don't really know how its a jab at HIM (that player)

just my opinion don't want to start anything...