PDA

View Full Version : Which Team Owns the other more? Cavs over Wizards or Spurs over Suns in the playoffs

JordansBulls
01-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Which Team Owns the other more? Cavs over Wizards or Spurs over Suns in the playoffs

The past 3-4 years it seems these teams have met in the playoffs.

In 2006 the Cavs won 4-2 against the Wizards and last year they won 4-0 (Butler and Arenas injured). Last year they won 4-2.

In 2005 Spurs won 4-1 over Suns, in 2007 they won 4-2 over and in 2007-2008 they won 4-1.

Which Team Owns the other more? Cavs over Wizards or Spurs over Suns in the playoffs?

I have to say the Spurs over the Suns. The Suns lost 2 series against the Spurs where the Suns had the homecourt and the Suns won 61 and 62 games those years as well.
Last year they lost to the Spurs in 5

With the Wizards its obvious the Cavs have owned them as well but at least the Cavs have had the homecourt each time which means they should have been the team winning the series.

Others that are recent: Jazz over the Rockets, Suns over the Lakers, Spurs over the Nuggets, etc.

SFloridaSports
01-05-2009, 06:37 PM
why do you make so many threads?

Raps08-09 Champ
01-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Suns offence cant beat spurs Defence but i gotta go with Cavs and wiz. They lost 3 times

barreleffact
01-05-2009, 07:11 PM
gotta go w the spurs. even in the regular season the spurs can have a horrible game and still just know tehy are gonna win. they walk over the suns every year. it was close, and i wanted to call it even but the decider for me was that the suns one 1 game ever year but 1 where they won 2. the cavs lost 2 games each time except when they lacked gol and caron.

$ NyC $
01-05-2009, 07:19 PM

I was just thinking the same exact thing. Wow every thread is made by him loll.

My answer is Cavs over Wizards.

The Spurs and Suns at least make it interesting although that record doesn't tell the whole story.

JordansBulls
01-05-2009, 09:15 PM

Because after a while you forget stuff.

Joshtd1
01-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Spurs over Suns IMO, because the Suns teams that we ended up beating are much better then Wizard teams that the Cavs have beaten. The 06-07 Suns team probably would have won the championship if they would have beaten us.

still1ballin
01-06-2009, 12:38 AM

LOL! I've wondered the same thing

lakers4sho
01-06-2009, 01:26 AM
Others that are recent: Jazz over the Rockets, Suns over the Lakers, Spurs over the Nuggets, etc.

:pity:

I'm sorry bro, but the Suns do NOT own the Lakers.

superkegger
01-06-2009, 01:31 AM
Spurs over Suns, easily. The Suns could have, and maybe should have, at the very least made an NBA finals by now, but the Spurs have absolutely derailed them from that. The Wizards were never really going anywhere.

what54!?
01-06-2009, 01:34 AM
spurs over suns. They always break the suns hearts in the playoffs

SteveNash
01-06-2009, 01:43 AM
Spurs over Suns.

Cavs over Wizards might not have happened 3 years ago if crab walkin' would have been called back then. The entire Wizards team has been too injury prone since that series to really give too much credit to the Cavs.

Also, there's Detroit over Orlando.

S-Dot
01-06-2009, 08:51 AM
Spurs over Suns. It is highly possible the Suns could have won it all in both 2005 and 2007 if they got pass the Spurs (they were done unfiarly in 2007 with Amare suspension).

The Wizards are not title contenders like the Suns are; their NBA Finals was the Cavs. Both are exciting rivalries (no Knicks vs. Heat just yet). This year, there have been two games in each of the two series; all have been close even with the Wizards playing not so well

DenButsu
01-06-2009, 08:59 AM

Dead forums = not much fun.

JordansBulls
01-06-2009, 09:50 AM
:pity:

I'm sorry bro, but the Suns do NOT own the Lakers.

In recent times in the playoffs they have. They won 2 years in a row. Just like the Jazz won two years in a row.

znick21
01-06-2009, 09:57 AM
i think it's gotta be cavs over wizards. with the spurs and suns i always felt like both teams were serious championship contenders and both had a fairly equal chance of advancing even though their series don't quite reflect that.

i don't see the wizards as anything more than one and done in the playoffs with their current roster and every series with the cavs they never seemed like a threat at all.

plus they talk a lot of ****. they're like tim allen vs bob villa on home improvement. they act cocky and keep trying and trying to win but we all know what the outcome will be.

JordansBulls
01-06-2009, 01:00 PM
i think it's gotta be cavs over wizards. with the spurs and suns i always felt like both teams were serious championship contenders and both had a fairly equal chance of advancing even though their series don't quite reflect that.

i don't see the wizards as anything more than one and done in the playoffs with their current roster and every series with the cavs they never seemed like a threat at all.

plus they talk a lot of ****. they're like tim allen vs bob villa on home improvement. they act cocky and keep trying and trying to win but we all know what the outcome will be.

:laugh2:

king4day
01-06-2009, 01:38 PM
In the Duncan era, the Suns are 1-4 in the playoffs against the Spurs.
The 1 win was when Duncan was injured.
If we go back 12 years, then the Suns are 1-6.
HALF of those seasons we were ousted by the Spurs.

I don't think there's any comparison. I wouldn't say we were 'owned', but we were not the better team just about every time.