PDA

View Full Version : Does your fan base boo the team if they are playing bad at home?

JordansBulls
01-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Does your fan base boo the team if they are playing bad at home?

I can understand if the team is bad, but let's say a good team that is losing at home and getting blown out, would the fan base boo them?

I remember one time it was the Lakers and Blazers. In fact it was game 7 of that 2000 series where the Lakers crowd began to boo the Lakers players. I kinda found that disturbing to do in a game 7 at home.

Kyle N.
01-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Kings fans never boo the Kings. At least I can't remember any instances.

Yogi
01-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Not the team as a whole, but some players do. Like Kwame Brown.

mkool65
01-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Piston's fans are very rarely sober enough to realize if the team is doing bad or not. It is unbelievable some of the people at the games. But I have heard boos fo AI this year after the trade because a lot of fans HATED this trade but as a whole we do not boo our team.

KB24PG16
01-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Kings fans never boo the Kings. At least I can't remember any instances.

i remember when kings fans not lakers starting cheering M V P at arco center basically booing

jasondrobinson
01-05-2009, 05:20 PM
raps fans brought out the boo's this year against the mavs - it was directed at bosh if im not mistaken, which in hinsight was not a good idea

_Sn1P3r_
01-05-2009, 05:28 PM
raps fans brought out the boo's this year against the mavs - it was directed at bosh if im not mistaken, which in hinsight was not a good idea

Haha, yup. Way to make sure he stays for 2010 huh?

Kings Faithful
01-05-2009, 05:33 PM
i remember when kings fans not lakers starting cheering M V P at arco center basically booing

O....you mean that time when 3/4 the building was full of Laker fans???? Give me a break, Kings fans would NEVER cheer MVP for Kobe... our team was losing and fans weren't showing up, so the LA fans decided to get a few seats to see their beloved Lakers beat up on their favorite punching bag. Kings fans almost never boo cause we aren't just a 100% fan base of fair weather fans. I'm sorry if you have to endure your team getting booed off the court every time you are down by 5 points.

Missing56&33
01-05-2009, 06:41 PM
yes all the time. LOL

SFloridaSports
01-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Haha, yup. Way to make sure he stays for 2010 huh?

i hope youre joking, do you really think getting ooed once would make him not want to come back in 2 years?

$ NyC $
01-05-2009, 06:59 PM
GOD HELP US.

No need 2 ask this question. NY=toughest crowd 4 real.

Giaps
01-05-2009, 07:08 PM
We had a right to boo. It doesn't happen this year though unless it's obvious they don't give a ****.

Kohaku
01-05-2009, 07:19 PM
No..they just leave.

_Sn1P3r_
01-05-2009, 07:26 PM
i hope youre joking, do you really think getting ooed once would make him not want to come back in 2 years?

Haha, no. I was just trying to add on to all the 2010 commotion this early. Bosh isn't that soft, he knows we love him as a player and it's to motivate him to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Tblaze
01-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Don't think they do that to their own players for portland's part.

Wilson
01-05-2009, 08:07 PM
O....you mean that time when 3/4 the building was full of Laker fans???? Give me a break, Kings fans would NEVER cheer MVP for Kobe... our team was losing and fans weren't showing up, so the LA fans decided to get a few seats to see their beloved Lakers beat up on their favorite punching bag. Kings fans almost never boo cause we aren't just a 100% fan base of fair weather fans. I'm sorry if you have to endure your team getting booed off the court every time you are down by 5 points.

Definately no fair weather fans in Sacramento. Just fans who only show up when the team is winning...:p

I've seen the Lakers booed a few times. Depending on the circumstances, it doesn't really bother me. If it's a night when the team is playing with no energy or intensity, I would boo them if I was there.

MiamiHeat
01-05-2009, 08:10 PM
No

breedlove2drug
01-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Kwamaayyyy brown..

Man I was laughing when Stephen A. Smith tore him apart on epsn when he was traded

lakers4sho
01-05-2009, 08:32 PM
I've heard the crowd boo the Lakers a few times before...

madiaz3
01-05-2009, 08:36 PM
MSG is the best place to be when you're winning, worst when you're losing.

IndyRealist
01-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Not enough people attend Pacers games for you to hear any booing. Only diehard fans are attending these days.

Kings Faithful
01-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Definately no fair weather fans in Sacramento. Just fans who only show up when the team is winning...:p

I've seen the Lakers booed a few times. Depending on the circumstances, it doesn't really bother me. If it's a night when the team is playing with no energy or intensity, I would boo them if I was there.

I never no fair weathers in Sac haha...just not 100%. Just trying to make my point that no matter how good the Lakers are and no matter how much we suck, Arco would NEVER cheer for Kobe Bryant.

SpeeMN
01-05-2009, 09:22 PM
We would boo the Twolves but no one goes to the games

GspLAL
01-05-2009, 09:28 PM
I never no fair weathers in Sac haha...just not 100%. Just trying to make my point that no matter how good the Lakers are and no matter how much we suck, Arco would NEVER cheer for Kobe Bryant.

So you speak for the whole Kings fan base?

Kyle N.
01-05-2009, 09:31 PM

That's true. And I'm not saying every "Kings fan" is 100% loyal. There's been a lot of people who converted from King to Laker fan. But the true Kings fans never boo the Kings. All the Lakers fans who come to the game still cheer for Kobe though.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-05-2009, 09:33 PM
I think every team boos their team if they aren't playing good. Just some more than others.

Brew Crew
01-05-2009, 09:38 PM
sometimes, I don't even think the Bucks have enough fans so that the team can actually hear them. I think you can compare the amount of fans to that of an 8th grade tournament game.

G-Funk
01-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Lakers fans are really good at that, I see it as a good thing, just letting the players know that they are not happy with the way they are performing and need to step it up if they don't wanna hear it.

Lizard King
01-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Nope...haven't heard Bulls' fans boo their own players.

Giaps
01-05-2009, 10:51 PM
MSG is the best place to be when you're winning, worst when you're losing.
Well said.

Nope...haven't heard Bulls' fans boo their own players.
I have. When there were Kobe trade rumors and the team was playing awful the Bulls fans were booing.

JMKnick33
01-05-2009, 10:58 PM
i cant say i remember knicks fans booing the knicks..

HAHA SYKE!

yes, they boo the knicks all the time. but it's gotten a lot better this year. i can recall them being booed no more than two times..

still1ballin
01-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Does your fan base boo the team if they are playing bad at home?

I can understand if the team is bad, but let's say a good team that is losing at home and getting blown out, would the fan base boo them?

I remember one time it was the Lakers and Blazers. In fact it was game 7 of that 2000 series where the Lakers crowd began to boo the Lakers players. I kinda found that disturbing to do in a game 7 at home.

And what was the end result in that game?

( I had posted this earlier, but I have no idea why it got deleted)

LAKERS 24/7
01-05-2009, 11:00 PM
I have. When there were Kobe trade rumors and the team was playing awful the Bulls fans were booing.

Bulls fans chanting Kobe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RriD2Gworrg

MVP chants for Kobe in Boston

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsXPZVPIjxE&feature=related

Lakers fans rarely boo their own players, its only when we see 0% effort on the court and let them know its unacceptable (or if your name is Kwame Brown).

JordansBulls
01-05-2009, 11:57 PM
And what was the end result in that game?

( I had posted this earlier, but I have no idea why it got deleted)

What is this thread about? It is about the crowd booing the team is it not? Is it about who won?

still1ballin
01-06-2009, 12:05 AM
What is this thread about? It is about the crowd booing the team is it not? Is it about who won?

I remember one time it was the Lakers and Blazers. In fact it was game 7 of that 2000 series where the Lakers crowd began to boo the Lakers players. I kinda found that disturbing to do in a game 7 at home

The end result was that Lakers came back and won. The crowd didn't like they were seeing, so they let the players know who I felt and the team fed off of that. By booing, they let the team know that they are not happy with how they are playing. UNDERSTAND NOW??

BTW you didn't have to delete my post. Maybe you didn't understand what I meant from the get go, but others may have.

Wilson
01-06-2009, 01:56 PM
I see still1ballin's point. The team was playing terribly, got booed, then came back to win the game.

JB said he couldn't understand why a team would get booed in game 7, but the booing apparently motivated the players to a win...

Kyle N.
01-06-2009, 02:14 PM
I think this article sums it up.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/knicks_fans_discover

DrDEADalready
01-06-2009, 03:47 PM
I remember a few times. the Jazz Fans booed our players at home. cause they were sucking it up. when the fans boo there own players thats when you know your playing like Shiiiit