PDA

View Full Version : Camby back to the Big Apple?

Bosh=nextKG
01-05-2009, 08:11 AM
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

This is the reason why they are looking to trade David Lee to the Trail Blazers. It looks as if it will be a 3 team trade where Lee goes to the blazers, a couple guys from the blazers go to the clippers and Camby goes back to NY. Camby is having a great season and he fits into the Knicks' plan because his contract expires in 2010. Think this ever might happen?

shatty
01-05-2009, 08:29 AM
First!

cheetos185
01-05-2009, 09:30 AM
if camby is the only player we get back for lee without getting rid of either jeffires or curry or get picks that it's a horrible trade for the knicks

$ NyC $
01-05-2009, 09:53 AM
We need some picks + Bayless

raptor fan
01-05-2009, 09:54 AM
yeah, this doesn't make much sense for the knicks. i think they'd rather want picks and young players

JJ81
01-05-2009, 10:10 AM
First!

Excuse me?

nygiants242
01-05-2009, 10:12 AM
Yeah, I could see that happen. If Camby expires in 2010, that just opens up even more room for them to get LeBron or others. Also, Camby is a VERY good defensive player/rebounder and it would even help the Knicks for this year in making the playoffs in a VERY bad Eastern Conference.

lakers4sho
01-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Excuse me?

He just wanted to say he posted first. The guy needs attention obviously :rolleyes:

colinskik
01-05-2009, 11:09 AM
I am usually against any trade speculation involving DLee, but if it involves bringing Camby back to NY then I'm down.

YankeeFan89
01-05-2009, 11:24 AM
i thought the knicks plan was to rebuild....not get older...bad trade if its lee for camby straight up

cheetos185
01-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I could see that happen. If Camby expires in 2010, that just opens up even more room for them to get LeBron or others. Also, Camby is a VERY good defensive player/rebounder and it would even help the Knicks for this year in making the playoffs in a VERY bad Eastern Conference.

Knicks aren't in win now mode and camby is old ..lee for camby and frye is bad trade frye sucks he's nothing but a jump shooter and trading Q instead of jeffries or curry doesn't make sense as his contract isn't killing the cap in 2010

DJ CHACH
01-05-2009, 12:30 PM
i always said the dumbest movce the kn icks ever made was trading not holdin on to marcus camby, he did everything for us in the 99 season, putback dunks, blocks, rebounds, energy..he wont have the same athletic energy but he will bring inside blocking...but we go from a small teram to all of a sudden a big team..i think we need a guard in the trade..bayless?

Wilson
01-05-2009, 12:46 PM
I thought the Knicks considered David Lee one of the few players they wanted to keep post-2010?

David Lee would be GREAT for Portland. It would give them a very good 1-2 punch at PF.

BK-TY
01-05-2009, 12:55 PM
I loved having Camby on our squad but we'd need a guard in that equation to make it worth our while. What about Fernandez?

KnicksorBust
01-05-2009, 01:07 PM
I thought we were gonna get an extra guard from Portland? If the Knicks get Bayless and Camby then its a good trade. If it's just Lee for a Camby rental I'm not crazy about it.

kingjanjic
01-05-2009, 01:10 PM
wow the knicks totaly wanna rebuild, they r certain they r gettin lebron, they wanna free up like over 30 million, they probilly wanna sign lebron wade n bosh hahaha,

29$JerZ
01-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Bayless + Camby for Lee still isn't a good idea IMO.

We didn't draft Bayless because he wasn't the right Pg for us, so why would it make a difference now?

Lee value is at its highest and I expect a pick or another young player would be involved.

amare#1
01-05-2009, 01:30 PM
I can't see it happening... Clipps aren't benefiting enough.

GunFactor187
01-05-2009, 01:34 PM
quite frankly though i don't see the blazers needing to make a move i say wait at least 5 years and then see what happens then.

2010 or Bust
01-05-2009, 01:56 PM
If we could get Bayless and Camby its a good trade but Lee for Camby straight up we lose in that deal. Lee has 13 good years left Camby has 4. Who would play the 4 for us,Tim Thomas, Jefferies? I love Marcus Camby but he always gets hurt thats the reason we traded him in the first place.

2010 or Bust
01-05-2009, 02:00 PM
I can't see it happening... Clipps aren't benefiting enough.

The Clippers suck, they just want to dump salary at this point.

Kn1cks20
01-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Dlee isnt going anywhere unless curry or Jared is going with him, and I don't think they want Bayless they need a SG or a PF/C

patriotsfan50
01-05-2009, 02:42 PM
alright so for everyone here to read here u go.

The Blazers want david lee has a hustle player like nic batum.

BUT..................

you will never get Rudy Fernandez,nor Jerryd Bayless.

Kevin pritchard traded to get him and kevin and nate realy like him. u will prolly end up getting Sergio and Frye and camby.

2010 or Bust
01-05-2009, 02:48 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2772~703~3417~2754~125&teams=22~12~18~12~18&te=&cash=

Clippers get the **** end of the stick but if we give them a second rounder maybe it works out. They got Camby with a second rounder

deftonesrule
01-05-2009, 03:01 PM
i dont want this trade. lee is superstar caliber and better then camby. i dont want the knicks working backwards.

Wilson
01-05-2009, 03:17 PM
i dont want this trade. lee is superstar caliber and better then camby. i dont want the knicks working backwards.

I wouldn't say that he's superstar caliber. He's going to be a great role player on championship teams, but I don't know about a superstar.

Diewitdaknicks
01-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Lee's value may never be higher. I trust that Walsh will get the best package he can.

KB24PG16
01-05-2009, 04:35 PM
the knicks are trying to hard to get players in 2010 im going to feel verrrrrrrry bad if they dont get anyone

Hellcrooner
01-05-2009, 05:24 PM
I would love a Nate + Lee for Sergio and Rudy.

Fair for everybody improves portlands pg position and allows Rudy to start.

IU Hoosiers 3
01-05-2009, 05:36 PM
please keep lee, and q is sick too. frye stinks and camby is solid this year but id rather have david.

ElMarroAfamado
01-05-2009, 05:47 PM
ive watched every clipper game this season and i can tell you guys marcus camby is playing on a whole nother level.....his hustle is amazing....even sucking as much as we do, he has SOOO many offensive rebounds...TIP INS.....he has been the best clipper all year....there are times when he blocks the ball on one end and scores on the other....
i originally read the rumor was the clippers sending camby and getting Q Richardson?
NOOOO
i am more interested in any of the Blazers young talent ANY hahaha most of their guys are so talented i wouldnt mind have any of them but i say we need TWO of their players
for marcus cuz marcus is playing like an All-Star

and although he has been playing great....i wouldnt mind seeing him leave and watch him have success with another team in the playoff hunt.....honestly...he deserves to play for someone in playoff contention....

(and this coming from a guy who used to hate him)

ElMarroAfamado
01-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Do it dunleavy!

ElMarroAfamado
01-05-2009, 05:50 PM
you guys dont understand what camby what do for your team
he would have a bigger impact than DAVID LEE will EVER HAVE......

for your sake you guys better do it .....
**** at this point i wouldnt be surprised if we got **** in return ....
we need a PG and a SG most importantly...but who knows what we are getting

Missing56&33
01-05-2009, 06:01 PM
i thought the knicks plan was to rebuild....not get older...bad trade if its lee for camby straight up

we couldnt trade Lee for camby straight up because the salaries are way off. It would have to be a three team trade. If we got rid of DL we would have to get Camby and a sg/pg combo player back. and send other players to other teams but I love MC he would make up for loosing DL

TheShock45
01-05-2009, 06:08 PM
knicks want too much

they want bayless, camby and are being offered channing frye

clippers want rodriguez

im pretty sure the blazers dont want to deal both pgs for david lee

Cracka2HI!
01-05-2009, 08:36 PM
I think something is going down. The Clipps made some moves today that would curious otherwise. Mainly cutting Paul Davis when 2 of our top 3 bigs are out injured. Paul's been playing a lot of minutes lately and hasn't been terrible. Certainly good enough not to cut. So something is likely going down with the Clippers picking up more players then they are trading.

Now that said. I think Knicks fans will be a little surprised with this trade. Lee doesn't have much value to them because they don't plan on giving him the extension he deserves. I would love for my Clipps to get him and salary filler for Camby. Makes a lot of sense for both teams. If you don't think so you have no idea how good Camby is. He is an All-Star. He will make the Knicks playoff contenders for the next 2 years and then expire before their big payday in 2010. That's value enough for Lee.

I sure hope Portland isn't really involved leaving the Clippers with nothing but crap or just 1 decent young guy like Rodriguez.

kylem4711
01-05-2009, 08:52 PM
The Clippers suck, they just want to dump salary at this point.

nicks suck, they just want to dump salary

Weezy
01-05-2009, 09:13 PM
I think something is going down. The Clipps made some moves today that would curious otherwise. Mainly cutting Paul Davis when 2 of our top 3 bigs are out injured. Paul's been playing a lot of minutes lately and hasn't been terrible. Certainly good enough not to cut. So something is likely going down with the Clippers picking up more players then they are trading.

Now that said. I think Knicks fans will be a little surprised with this trade. Lee doesn't have much value to them because they don't plan on giving him the extension he deserves. I would love for my Clipps to get him and salary filler for Camby. Makes a lot of sense for both teams. If you don't think so you have no idea how good Camby is. He is an All-Star. He will make the Knicks playoff contenders for the next 2 years and then expire before their big payday in 2010. That's value enough for Lee.

I sure hope Portland isn't really involved leaving the Clippers with nothing but crap or just 1 decent young guy like Rodriguez.

Its important you mentioned that, something is up.

Giaps
01-05-2009, 10:58 PM
nicks suck, they just want to dump salary
You suck because you cannot spell.

THE MTL
01-05-2009, 11:25 PM
Wait this rumor has too much legs. It seems like it might happen. Hopefully its Lee and Jeffries for Camby, Fyre, and Bayless.

superkegger
01-06-2009, 01:29 AM

Lee a superstar? I don't know about that, maybe a couple time all star at absolute best, not superstar. Definetly a good player, but not superstar.

Anyway, I don't know how the Clippers justify such a move, but with them, who knows.

S-Dot
01-06-2009, 08:42 AM
If the Knicks can get jerryd bayless from portland somehow in this trade as well, I like it. Though David Lee is a tremendous athlete who works and plays hard, he has not been the Knicks' plans for the future; plus as a Knicks fan, I'm still living in the Camby-Houston-Sprewell era when the rivalry with the Heat still existed. It would be nice to have Camby back.

kylem4711
01-06-2009, 02:26 PM
You suck because you cannot spell.

oh no, forgot the silent k...

lionheartc
01-06-2009, 02:54 PM
I must admit that something is fishy with the clippers making cuts. Blazers and clips say that a 3 way trade is a false rumor, but i think a trade is likely, but not what was reported.

Either way if lee is involved in any trade, we must get back our needs and no contracts that run pass 2010.