PDA

View Full Version : Memphis could be great in a few years

shatty
01-05-2009, 07:12 AM
I love this young core of talent they have mayo,gasol,gay are are all goin to be allstars soon they remind me of portland er atlanta a few years back and they will have a lotto pick this year which they should trade for a proven vet. Anyone agree?

Iodine
01-05-2009, 07:14 AM
Gay and OJ are studs. gasol=future role player

edit: wow i need sleep

jimbobjarree
01-05-2009, 09:35 AM
Gay will be great, but will he sign a contract extension with Memphis if they are still scrubbish at the end of 2010?

JJ81
01-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Portland's future looks bright too except they have more chance of keeping their players.

lakers4sho
01-05-2009, 10:48 AM
If Gay and O.J. don't ***** out and leave for another team, they'll be a couple years + role players away from being a playoff contender.

And Marc Gasol ain't that half bad...

Iodine
01-05-2009, 11:54 AM
=role player
There's nothing bad about that that's most starters

KB24PG16
01-05-2009, 04:06 PM
keep getting lottery picks they ought to be good at some point exactly how atlanta got good draft smart

Hellcrooner
01-05-2009, 05:32 PM
all of them, Oj, Gay and Marc will fly out of memphis after their rookie contract + slavery extra year are done.

SwaggaIke
01-05-2009, 06:45 PM
I can't see OJ staying in Memphis when the smoke clears. I don't know Rudy's personality enough to say if he will or won't. And Gasol at the end of the day doesn't have future All Star potential. Maybe he gets one of those "Jamal Magloire" appearances w/ a low double double average, but he'll never be a staple in the mid season classic.

IversonIsKrazy
01-05-2009, 07:15 PM
OJ, Rudy & MArc. the pg situation is weird. they got lowry and conley which r bith mediocore, but can be good in the future. This is there roster rite now.

PG: Conley/Lowry
SG: OJ/?
SF: Rudy/Warrick
PF: Arthur/?
C: Gasol/Milicic

2009 Off-season:
Draft Blake Griffin
Sign Juan Dixon
Sign Chris Wilcox
Re-sign Steve Francis

New roster:

PG: Conley/Lowry/Francis
SG: OJ/Dixon
SF: Gay/Warrick
PF: Griffin/Arthur/Wilcox
C: Gasol/Wilcox/Milicic

Then wait a year, and then you are amazing! But during the 09 off-season, u sell the franchise to Vancouver!!

mzgrizz
01-05-2009, 11:58 PM
OJ, Rudy & MArc. the pg situation is weird. they got lowry and conley which r bith mediocore, but can be good in the future. This is there roster rite now.

PG: Conley/Lowry
SG: OJ/?
SF: Rudy/Warrick
PF: Arthur/?
C: Gasol/Milicic

2009 Off-season:
Draft Blake Griffin
Sign Juan Dixon
Sign Chris Wilcox
Re-sign Steve Francis

New roster:

PG: Conley/Lowry/Francis
SG: OJ/Dixon
SF: Gay/Warrick
PF: Griffin/Arthur/Wilcox
C: Gasol/Wilcox/Milicic

Then wait a year, and then you are amazing! But during the 09 off-season, u sell the franchise to Vancouver!!

Sorry to disappoint you,Iversoniskrazy....the Grizzlies are contractually bound to Memphis for at least 14 more years. That should give us time to firm up the chronic playoff experience routine :D. I'm sorry for you guys losing your team, but it ain't the same guys. In fact, there's no one left from the Vancouver Grizzlies.......it's all Memphis boys now. And they are playing hungry now.

superkegger
01-06-2009, 12:07 AM
They could be, but it's unlikely they'll be able to make a big splash in the 2010 FA market, which isn't the end of the world, but they still have some holes to fill, and they still have some bad contracts they'll be bound to for a few years. But yeah, they surely have a chance to be prety good.

I Am Awesome-O
01-06-2009, 12:25 AM
all of them, Oj, Gay and Marc will fly out of memphis after their rookie contract + slavery extra year are done.

:pity:

basketball3553
01-06-2009, 12:28 AM
I love this young core of talent they have mayo,gasol,gay are are all goin to be allstars soon they remind me of portland er atlanta a few years back and they will have a lotto pick this year which they should trade for a proven vet. Anyone agree?

Yea and so could Minnesota. They have the face of the franchise set, with a somewhat solid core of young players who may develop to be good. They also could have 4 first round picks. That's good trade bait.

GregOden#1
01-06-2009, 12:32 AM

I dont think slavery (something that was abolished in Tennessee over a hundred years ago) will impact their decision to leave Memphis.

Hellcrooner
01-06-2009, 03:32 AM
:pity:

Biibby asked out was traded. francis did not even signs, abdur asked out was traded, pau asked out was traded, so you see the pattern?

Big Quett
01-06-2009, 04:09 AM

And what proof of that do you have. Besides your dislike for Rudy and OJ. And your unhealthy affection towards the Gasol's and any other Spaniard? We may not be able to sign the big name FA's but we have always signed our own. Name one we didnt.

Biibby asked out was traded. francis did not even signs, abdur asked out was traded, pau asked out was traded, so you see the pattern?

And besides Pau all of that stuff happened almost 10 years ago.

I get it you hate the grizz. You bash them at every moment. Get over it.

Hellcrooner
01-06-2009, 01:17 PM
^I dont hat e it in fact Memphis is one of the coolest citys in the Usa, i know ive been there.

The name...well i woudl ahve changed it.

Im being realistic simply, OUtside the big markets like Knicks, Lakers, BUlls, Celtics, Heat Piostons or Rockets there are very FEW superstars (Reggie Miller, Stockton,Duncan) that have stayed on a low market team for their entire career or for a very long time.

WHere is garnett now? Where is Pau now? Where is T-mac ? and Vince Carter? Where ended up Mutombo? and Laettner, Gugliota, Webber, Spreewell, Houston, Lrry Johnson, ZO Mourning? etc etc etc etc.

Things are the way they are thats simple.

And on the Oj , Gay and Marc think i really think Oj should be the 1st Option and Marc the SECOND, outside inside punch, Gay is just a hog.

Big Quett
01-06-2009, 01:52 PM
^I dont hat e it in fact Memphis is one of the coolest citys in the Usa, i know ive been there.

The name...well i woudl ahve changed it.

Im being realistic simply, OUtside the big markets like Knicks, Lakers, BUlls, Celtics, Heat Piostons or Rockets there are very FEW superstars (Reggie Miller, Stockton,Duncan) that have stayed on a low market team for their entire career or for a very long time.

WHere is garnett now? Where is Pau now? Where is T-mac ? and Vince Carter? Where ended up Mutombo? and Laettner, Gugliota, Webber, Spreewell, Houston, Lrry Johnson, ZO Mourning? etc etc etc etc.

Things are the way they are thats simple.

And on the Oj , Gay and Marc think i really think Oj should be the 1st Option and Marc the SECOND, outside inside punch, Gay is just a hog.

Hardly any of the guys you mentioned were superstars. As a matter of fact neither of them are besides KG. Im sorry i dont consider Reggie or any of them superstars.

And i agree Mayo should be the 1st option. But i dont know about Gasol being 2nd. But if anybody has watched the last 10 4th quarters that is proof Gay is not a closer. Mayo is.