PDA

View Full Version : LBJ quote machine

Iodine
01-05-2009, 02:53 AM
On his travel
"We all make mistakes and I think I got the wrong end of the bargain," James said. "I watched it 10 times after the game and it was clearly a good play. So you live with it."

He said it wasn't a travel, and was actually a "crab dribble." He said it's one of his trademark moves, and that it's perfectly legal. Shockingly, at least one official, for at least one moment, disagreed.

"I don't know what he said I did," James said. "I was trying to get an explanation from him but he ended up running to the other side of the floor. It was a bad call. Like I said, I watched it in the [locker] room. I took a crab dribble, which is a hesitation dribble, and then two steps. Everybody, you call guys can watch it. The bad part about it was I was able to finish at the rim with contact, so it would have been a three-point play. So it's tough."

First of all can someone explain what a crab dribble is?

And wow this was just such epic douchiness by Lebron.

heres the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1dDJWLDXeU
sorry that i cant find a better one

Scheck
01-05-2009, 02:55 AM
The girl in your sig is hawt

Iodine
01-05-2009, 02:57 AM
That is nothing i have heard before

superkegger
01-05-2009, 03:01 AM
A crab dribble, that deserves the use of :laugh: over :laugh2:

What complete batshit. His explanation of a crab dribble is a fancy way to say, I traveled, but I usually get away with it.

Iodine
01-05-2009, 03:04 AM
A crab dribble, that deserves the use of :laugh: over :laugh2:

What complete batshit. His explanation of a crab dribble is a fancy way to say, I traveled, but I usually get away with it.

Crab dribble fail is the new 2pak fail

agree?

superkegger
01-05-2009, 03:06 AM
Crab dribble fail is the new 2pak fail

agree?

No.

Crab dribble fail is at the very least 2x worset than 2pak fail.

Iodine
01-05-2009, 03:07 AM
I can agree to that

superkegger
01-05-2009, 03:10 AM
But in all seriousness, LeBron's comments kind of anger me. For all the calls all the superstars get, the traveling calls, or rather non calls, it strikes me as absolutely absurd he would complain about it. I mean it's one thing to be unhappy about it in game, but then to continue it to the media, get real.

KB24PG16
01-05-2009, 03:35 AM
definately a travel

stawka
01-05-2009, 04:03 AM
This place is getting so boring - it's the same ridiculous people continuously hating and *****ing in every single thread --->>> OK WE GET IT!

Shaq/Kobe/LeBron/KG are not perfect people. They don't do everything perfect so they can't please all of you. We get it! Everytime either one of these guys slips up the slightest bit, there's threads made to just jack the guy. Wake up - these guys are professional athletes who have a brain/heart/family just like you and I.

cambovenzi
01-05-2009, 04:08 AM
i have yet to see a bigger travel this year...
5 steps do you think?
maybe he can buy a personal jet to fly him all that travel distance.

infamous
01-05-2009, 04:59 AM
This place is getting so boring - it's the same ridiculous people continuously hating and *****ing in every single thread --->>> OK WE GET IT!

Shaq/Kobe/LeBron/KG are not perfect people. They don't do everything perfect so they can't please all of you. We get it! Everytime either one of these guys slips up the slightest bit, there's threads made to just jack the guy. Wake up - these guys are professional athletes who have a brain/heart/family just like you and I.

Well said. :clap: I'm sick and tired of threads like this. People hating on Kobe/KG/Wade/Lebron etc.. Every time, it's just getting annoying. Some people are just hating because they are jealous.

S.J.Basketball
01-05-2009, 05:17 AM
The girl in your sig is hawt

Seriously? Wow. Have fun with the 12 year olds perv.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c147/markgajewski/hansen.jpg

Nighthawk
01-05-2009, 05:26 AM
Seriously? Wow. Have fun with the 12 year olds perv.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c147/markgajewski/hansen.jpg

yOU SIR ARE THE ONE THAT DOESNT ENJOY FUN

S.J.Basketball
01-05-2009, 05:35 AM
Have fun being a pedophile......?

stawka
01-05-2009, 05:44 AM
LMAO @ the state of this thread

rico
01-05-2009, 05:47 AM
eh use this link instead

http://www.nba.com/video/partners/2009/01/04/nba_cle_was_0020800496_short_recap.nba/index.html?player=whatsnew

you can actualy see heh you may have to look down the link i gave u wouldnt stream bu the one right to the left of the one that says recap would its the same thing, HD quliaty.

big hop step and 2 steps is what it looked like.

Knowledge
01-05-2009, 05:50 AM
Have fun being a pedophile......?

But we dont know his age, so is he a pedophile? :shrug:

Back to topic: Lebron did travel on that. He picked up the ball, took a couple of steps, skipped over the second defenders legs and then took more steps.

He cant say anything different,

http://www.nike.com/nikebasketball/usa/v4/features/witness/downloads/nikebasketball_lbj_witness.jpg

S.J.Basketball
01-05-2009, 05:56 AM
But we dont know his age, so is he a pedophile? :shrug:

Back to topic: Lebron did travel on that. He picked up the ball, took a couple of steps, skipped over the second defenders legs and then took more steps.

He cant say anything different,

http://www.nike.com/nikebasketball/usa/v4/features/witness/downloads/nikebasketball_lbj_witness.jpg

So what? He's 12 too?? Yea I'm sure. Look at what his sig says: JAILBAIT. Figure it out.

BACK to topic: Yea Lebron took about 4 to 5 steps it was ridiculous. I would love to see his video demonstration of what a crab dribble is.

jimbobjarree
01-05-2009, 10:17 AM
i have yet to see a bigger travel this year...
5 steps do you think?
maybe he can buy a personal jet to fly him all that travel distance.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FcQ-Fdh4mSI&feature=related

nygiants242
01-05-2009, 10:18 AM
:laugh:

Iodine
01-05-2009, 10:25 AM
So what? He's 12 too?? Yea I'm sure. Look at what his sig says: JAILBAIT. Figure it out.

BACK to topic: Yea Lebron took about 4 to 5 steps it was ridiculous. I would love to see his video demonstration of what a crab dribble is.

Im actually sarah palins daughter and live in alaska. Iv fooled psd this entire time

lakers4sho
01-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Im actually sarah palins daughter and live in alaska. Iv fooled psd this entire time

can you ******* yo momma

colinskik
01-05-2009, 11:20 AM
but honestly, that girl is five

Newport05
01-05-2009, 11:38 AM
with body like that she is no less then 15... still wrong but its not the end of the universe when an older guy thinks a 16 year old girl looks good. Going out & doing stuff with em well that's a different story:pity:

Iodine
01-05-2009, 11:50 AM
can you ******* yo momma
Our family is pretty ****ed up

And lmfao on how my sig is being taken wayyyyy to seriously

cmstophe
01-05-2009, 12:25 PM
This is the problem with the NBA. People travel in the NBA? Really? Oh wait, traveling is like holding in the NFL- people do it EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF EVERY SINGLE GAME and the refs just call what they feel like. LeBron no doubt felt it shouldn't have been called since usually refs will not call travels or fouls in the final seconds of a game because nobody likes the refs deciding a game.

Example: Wizards vs Cavaliers, playoffs last season I think it was...game...5? At the Q. LeBron is literally mugged on his way to the hoop for a game winning shot, and there is no call because the clock was in its final seconds. The refs let them play in those final seconds, and LeBron was mugged, and didn't make the shot.

Yet in this game, they call a travel in the final seconds to decide the game. I wish refs would start calling every travel every time so people just stopped doing it but I saw Wizards travel about 30-40 times during that game, as well as LeBron, and most were not called.

Iodine
01-05-2009, 12:27 PM
This is the problem with the NBA. People travel in the NBA? Really? Oh wait, traveling is like holding in the NFL- people do it EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF EVERY SINGLE GAME and the refs just call what they feel like. LeBron no doubt felt it shouldn't have been called since usually refs will not call travels or fouls in the final seconds of a game because nobody likes the refs deciding a game.

Their is traveling during inbounding and ft's?

Damn!

cmstophe
01-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Their is traveling during inbounding and ft's?

Damn!

Haha

You get the idea.

jimbobjarree
01-05-2009, 12:49 PM
its just gamesmanship, players will push the rules to see what they will get away with, its more the officials faults than anything

cmstophe
01-05-2009, 12:58 PM
ESPN First Take just debated and pretty much confirmed what I thought.

"I see this a dozen times a game and it isn't called."

"Every time Dwayne Wade does his spin move to the hole, he travels, and it usually isnt' called."

"This is never, ever called in the final seconds when it decides a game."

This is a big problem with the NBA.

jimbobjarree
01-05-2009, 01:02 PM
^lol did anyone see Iggy get called for travelling in the clutch when the Sixers travelled to Denver...cost them the game

cmstophe
01-05-2009, 01:57 PM
They need to call that every single time

E-ROC
01-05-2009, 02:22 PM
No, the officials don't call every traveling play. They do miss calls. This travel call was obvious, blatantly obvious. There is no deny this call and it's the right call. Yet, we're being critical of the officials?

cmstophe
01-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Yes, we are, because they need to call it more consistently. LeBron didnt expect it to be called obviously because 1) no foul was called on the Wiz when they mugged him on his way to the hoop for a game winner in last year's playoffs which leads to 2) refs dont usually call anything in the waning seconds, they let them play. It's wrong; they need to call it every time, even in the final seconds

Chronz
01-05-2009, 04:33 PM
A crab dribble is used when your backing down your opponent in the post not when your trying to dribble penetrate with a hop step, I havent seen the play yet but my friend told me about it last night. He said its the same one Kobe does only he doesnt have the footwork.

LA_cabals
01-05-2009, 08:45 PM
A crab dribble is used when your backing down your opponent in the post not when your trying to dribble penetrate with a hop step, I havent seen the play yet but my friend told me about it last night. He said its the same one Kobe does only he doesnt have the footwork.

:clap: :clap: There you have it folks..

Someone please send this to LeBron.

ARMIN12NBA
01-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Is Lebron James a complete idiot? I have no problem with him traveling the ball (he travels every play anyways), but at least own up to it. Then he comes after the game talking about how it was clearly not a travel, he watched it 10 times, and it is a patented crab dribble that he does all the time. Just shutup Lebron.

ARMIN12NBA
01-05-2009, 09:38 PM

Sadly, footwork is VERY VERY important in terms of playing in the post. I played in the post myself and footwork is probably the most important part of getting an open shot as well as making sure you don't travel. It's easy not to travel when you are dribbling upright down the floor, but with your back to the basket in the post, footwork is very important.

superkegger
01-06-2009, 01:17 AM
I still find it outrageous what LeBron said. It's like he knows hes the golden child of the NBA and should be allowed to run things how he wants.

As far as consistency, yeah, it should be more consistent, but sometimes its really f-ing hard to see, this travel, was blatant. It was the right call, and Lebron needs to shut it.