PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Curry..

DonnieE
01-05-2009, 12:54 AM
Nice pick in the top 3-5 range..Can play inside as well as OLB..

- draftcountdown.com

Strengths:
Possesses a terrific blend of size and bulk...Exceptional speed, quickness and athleticism...Very physical and tough...Excellent strength and power...Extremely aggressive...Outstanding instincts and awareness...Offers a lot of versatility...Reliable tackler who will deliver the big hit...Really uses his hands well...Does a nice job of taking on and shedding blockers...Superb pass rusher and blitzer...Has sideline-to-sideline range...Will attack and fill against the run...Comfortable in space...Can match up and make plays in coverage...Has a lot of experience...Durable and never missed a game due to injury...Smart...Hard worker...Team leader...Super productive.

Weaknesses:
Can be too aggressive at times and will overpursue...Not quite as tall as you'd prefer...Pass rush repertoire is limited...Marginal change of direction skills...May have some trouble when it comes to recognition in coverage....Is not particularly fluid when he is forced to flip his hips.

Notes:
Won the Butkus Award, which honors the nation's top linebacker, as a senior...Brother Patrick Pinkney was a quarterback at East Carolina...Was a four-year starter in the ACC...In 2007 he took all four of his interceptions back for touchdowns, with an average return of 56.5 yards...Could play outside or inside in either a 4-3 or 3-4 defensive scheme...A marvelous all-around player who is effective in every aspect of the game...As good as any linebacker prospect to come along in recent memory...A legitimate Top 10 talent who should be one of the most highly rated players available for the 2009 NFL Draft.

Might I add he is rated as an "elite prospect"..

Nvchiefsfan
01-05-2009, 01:54 AM
Either him or Rey cause dlineman are a hit or miss in the 1st.

Thearchitect33
01-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Sounds like a great player, just wish I had seen him play. I will have to see if I can't dig up some Youtube video to get a better idea what we're talking about here.

Thearchitect33
01-05-2009, 02:54 PM
ok, just watched some videos, this kid is amazing. I realize that highlight videos on youtube aren't going to show the times that he was out of position or missed a tackle, but I watched some of Rey Maualuga and Brian Cushing and James Lauranaitis as well and none of them looked as good as this Curry kid. I would love to see Curry in Red and Gold next season. He and DJ would make a nasty combination.

Duffman
01-05-2009, 02:58 PM
If the Chiefs reach for a LB with the #3 pick I would rather it be Curry. Curry can be a top OLB in the NFL, Rey will just be an above average MLB. Line Curry up at ROLB, DJ at LOLB, then maybe we get lucky and get Vilma as our MLB.

Thearchitect33
01-05-2009, 03:10 PM
I was actually thinking that when I wrote that last post. I don't think it will happen, in fact I kinda doubt we end up with Curry or Vilma, but that would be a really dangerous LB corps, especially when you consider we would have good depth with Demorrio Williams, Pat Thomas, and Rocky Boiman.

Duffman
01-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Yeah I hope we don't use the third pick on a LB anyways. I really don't want to see the Chiefs active in free agency either. Free agents are rarely as good when they go to a new team, and they command way to much money.

Cearah
01-05-2009, 06:27 PM
curry or bradford???

c0nman21
01-06-2009, 02:49 AM
I'd say Curry or Texas' DE, I'd spell his name wrong if i tried. And thats depending on what we do in free agency

DonnieE
01-06-2009, 02:52 AM
Cearah-

I don't think any of the top rated QBs have made themselves eligible for this upcoming draft..

I could be wrong but, I think Rhett Bomar out of Sam Houston St. is the top rated QB and he isn't even a 1st round talent..

Until Stafford/Tebow make themselves eligible, I see no reason including them in any of our draft plans..

Nvchiefsfan
01-06-2009, 03:06 AM
I still don't like us reaching for a dlineman with the 3rd pick. Our track record with dlineman sucks in the first round. Hali is average and the verdict is still out on Dorsey. I would rather they go QB instead of dlineman.

Thearchitect33
01-06-2009, 04:00 AM
I really think the best plan for the third pick is to trade down to the 8-15 range in the first and pick up an extra pick or two and then take a player. I just don't see anyone in the top ten that wouldn't be a reach and would still fill a need.

Nvchiefsfan
01-06-2009, 05:31 AM
Orakpo just reminds me of watching Hali. Hopefully next year they will figure out how to use Hali and Dorseys strengths and dump this Tampa 2 defense and we can get Curry or Stafford.

plpfctn
01-07-2009, 10:05 PM
he's ok. i'd rather have rey maluga from USC. i really like his speed which i believe is the number requirement for a LB. i don't want orakpo. i saw him in the fiesta bowl and the ohio st. LT dominated him. it's a weak draft for defensive players but jenkins from ohio st. should be considered. he's got all pro talent and you can never have enough of those guys. I'd go with a QB or OL and move albert to RG where he played in college. that should give us a dominating OL for years.

noturnormalhero
01-07-2009, 11:32 PM
I still don't understand this whole QB issue with our 1st round pick at # 3. Our offensive line is not even set up yet so how are we going to draft a QB and expect him to properly perform with our O-line NOT being established? Did Thigpen not show enough this year for us to use him for another year? We might lose our starting RB and Tony Gonzalez coming back is not set stone yet and outside of Bowe, not a whole lot out there offensively for us without having doubt. We need help on the O-line and need a DE more than anything in my opinion. We need LB too. There is a lot of holes that need to be addressed via draft and free agency. To draft a QB over all of that is VERY questionable to me. Now, i could MAYBE live with a drafting of a QB around 4th or 5th round. At # 3 it's either Aaron Curry (OLB) , Brian Orakpo (DE) , Aaron Maybin (DE) , Andre Smith (OT) , Michael Oher (Mississippi) , and Rey Maualaga (ILB). That's who we should looking into BEFORE we even consider a QB. Also depends on what we do in Free Agency before April of course. I see Herm staying here one more year unfortunately. We have young talent, we will draft more now and hopefully pick some up in Free Agency and be more attractive for a new coach to come in and make something happen. Just droppin my thoughts

In_Ned_I_Trust
01-09-2009, 01:12 AM
I'm sorry but this guy is not a top 3 pick, Bust city right here. I am always leery of the guys who make a name for themselves at the end of their season, and if memory serves me he is a Senior right? I would pass every day of the week and twice on Sunday for this guy.

Duffman
01-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Hes been a first round prospect all year... that is kinda funny though coming from someone who want Sanchez even though hes been regarded as a second round pick until after the Rose Bowl.