PDA

View Full Version : Who is more valuable?

Frrrrank!!!
01-05-2009, 12:02 AM
Just wanted to see who you think would be a bigger loss to the Bruins. Which would hurt the team more? Losing Lucic or Krejci?

P.s.-This could also be (who is more valuable?)

Shaiza
01-05-2009, 12:24 AM
Changed the title for ya, there could be some confusions.

Anyway, I think it would be Lucic. As much as I love Krejci, Lucic provides that edge on the ice that not many players can bring. His leadership is indescribable and his willingness to stick up for teammates makes him the perfect bruin. He is just a player that everyone respects, and it's not like this kid can't score either, he does his share on offense.

Frrrrank!!!
01-05-2009, 12:31 AM
Thanks, probably could of made a better one but its getting late, lol.

I personally think Lucic is more valuable because of the reasons you pointed out, but I thought it was close because Krejci is the motor that makes his line go and has performed way over expectations. But again I think it is Lucic.

captaintek33
01-05-2009, 01:59 AM
Think back to 1988. Cam Neely vs. Craig Janney.... That is virtually the same comparison. Which one was more valuable?

abourne13
01-05-2009, 02:53 AM
I say it's extremely close like you guys said. Losing either one would be bad for this team but I'm going to have to go with Krejci as the bigger loss. I agree with what everyone said about Lucic but i think a big part of this season so far has hinged on the backs of Krejci and Kessel. If Krejci goes down then the whole team has to lean a bit harder on the Savard line. Losing Krejci gives us one great line (with minor line changes) and 3 so-so lines... Losing Lucic doesn't really change all too much in terms of offense because I could see Sobotka filling in and giving us some physical presence while still maintaining some great lines like the Savy/Kessel/Axelsson line and the Krejci/Wheeler/Ryder line.

With ALL of that being said, it doesn't take away from the fact that I understand EVERYTHING that Lucic brings, not only to the Bruins but to the League.

captaintek33
01-05-2009, 03:05 AM
I guess the one thing you have to ask is: for THIS season, or long term? If you're wondering about this team, this season, then I would probably agree with abourne, Krejci means more to THIS years team.

If you're talking long term, I would definitely go with Lucic. IMO, he will have a longer, more productive career than Krejci...

lanigan119
01-05-2009, 03:32 AM
If you asked this before the season, the obvious choice would be Lucic.

I'm going to have to go with Krejic though. His numbers are awesome this year and he's really fun to watch.

I don't think Sobotka could fill in for Lucic but he's still dirty. His line with Thornton and Marty St. Pierre is a good line.

Frrrrank!!!
01-05-2009, 11:14 AM
I guess the one thing you have to ask is: for THIS season, or long term? If you're wondering about this team, this season, then I would probably agree with abourne, Krejci means more to THIS years team.

If you're talking long term, I would definitely go with Lucic. IMO, he will have a longer, more productive career than Krejci...

I probably should of clarified it better, but yea just for this season.

Frrrrank!!!
01-05-2009, 11:19 AM
I say it's extremely close like you guys said. Losing either one would be bad for this team but I'm going to have to go with Krejci as the bigger loss. I agree with what everyone said about Lucic but i think a big part of this season so far has hinged on the backs of Krejci and Kessel. If Krejci goes down then the whole team has to lean a bit harder on the Savard line. Losing Krejci gives us one great line (with minor line changes) and 3 so-so lines... Losing Lucic doesn't really change all too much in terms of offense because I could see Sobotka filling in and giving us some physical presence while still maintaining some great lines like the Savy/Kessel/Axelsson line and the Krejci/Wheeler/Ryder line.

With ALL of that being said, it doesn't take away from the fact that I understand EVERYTHING that Lucic brings, not only to the Bruins but to the League.

That is why I thought it was a close call. We all know what Lucic brings and how valuable it is to the Bruins, but if Krejci went down it would really mess with our lines.

Patsfreak1776
01-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Lucic. He forces other teams to change their game plan when he's out there b/c they are afraid he'll kick someone's ***.

The Intimidator
01-05-2009, 05:19 PM
I would definitely go with Lucic. He gets the fans fired up, he helps out the team chemistry by sticking up for his teammates, and just seems to have the intangibles you want in a hockey player. Plus, while Krejci is going to rack up more assists, the goal scoring is almost the same between Krejci and Lucic. Add that all together, and I would take Lucic.

beantownboy
01-05-2009, 07:51 PM
There aren't too many players that play the way lucic does. Theres plenty of skill in the league and players of krejci's caliber. i think lucic is more valuable since not too many players can bring his physical presence and scoring touch. there are plenty of players like krejci, not enough players like lucic. lucic is more valuable.

YankeeDieHard2
01-05-2009, 11:51 PM
Lucic, future captain!

Sharksfan
01-08-2009, 12:25 AM
I think it's Krejci and really don't see how it's close right now. Lucic has been good... but Krejci has been a god. Lose Lucic, you have plenty of wingers to take his spot... Lose Krejci and you'll have Stephan Yell as your 2nd line C. At least until Patricee gets back.

Shaiza
01-08-2009, 12:57 AM
I think it's Krejci and really don't see how it's close right now. Lucic has been good... but Krejci has been a god. Lose Lucic, you have plenty of wingers to take his spot... Lose Krejci and you'll have Stephan Yell as your 2nd line C. At least until Patricee gets back.

Do you follow the Bruins?
First off, Yelle is currently our 2nd line center, Krejci is the third. But in the B's system, there is no number to the lines, it's just whatever works best.
We don't have plenty of wingers to take Lucic's spot. Who sparks the grit, who sparks the work-hard attitude of this team? That's right, Lucic. Krejci has been fantastic all season, but you fail to realize the leadership, experience, and the small qualities that Lucic brings every game.

The Intimidator
01-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Congrats to you on winning the redraft, Shaiza!

Shaiza
01-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Congrats to you on winning the redraft, Shaiza!

Thanks man! I'm pretty happy.