PDA

View Full Version : NBA Redraft Playoffs: Dallas Mavericks vs Los Angeles Clippers - VOTE!

BlondeBomber41
01-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Dallas Mavericks have homecourt Advantage

Dallas Mavericks Lineup:

Desagana Diop - Fabricio Oberto
Chris Bosh - Eduardo Najera
Tayshaun Prince - Linas Kleiza - James Jones
Raja Bell - Mike Miller
Tony Parker - Chucky Atkins - Sergio Rodriguez

Los Angeles Clippers Lineup:

PG: Rafer Alston - CJ Watson - Travis Diener
SG: Monta Ellis - Kareem Rush
SF Lebron James - Channing Frye
PF Boris Diaw - Reggie Evans
C: Samuel Dalmbert - Robin Lopez

Dallas Mavericks Writeup:

The Clippers present the biggest one on one threat in the league in Lebron James. He can single handedly take over a game and will his team to victory.

We feel we have all the pieces needed to slow him down and not allow him to blow up on us. We have 4 very good perimeter defenders to use on him in Tayshaun Prince, Raja Bell, James Jones and Linas Kleiza and all our big men are smart defenders who can help with making things harder on LBJ and not giving him alot of open lanes to the basket.

Lebron will get his points, but I feel our roster will keep him from having those nights where he carries the team like he has shown he can do.

Our team defense is on another level than the Clippers, we have better bench scoring, our starting lineup is more balanced, our post scoring is better, our outside shooting is better, and we have the right mix of Stars (Bosh,Parker), great 2nd tier guys (Prince,Miller) and good role players who have shown they can play a important role on a contender (Bell,Diop,Oberto,Kleiza,Najera).

Dalembert and Rafer Alston are terrible this year, and who knows if Monta Ellis will be himself after his injury. Boris Diaw has talent, but being matched up with Chris Bosh is a nightmare for him.

Good luck to the Clips, may the better team win.

Los Angeles Clippers Writeup:

I won't dazzle you with statistics and postion match ups, only the facts.

Fact One: Dallas beats us pretty badly at PG and PF/

Fact Two: We have one of the top two players in the game (Depending on weather or not you are a Lakers fan )

Fact Three: We have the only player in the series that can impose his will on the game of basketball and win a sereis by himself.

Fact Four: We've taken that player and surronded him with good charecter team oriented players, and a great side kick in Monta Ellis.

Fact Five: Raja Bell and Tyshaun Prince are not as good of defenders as they used to be, Lebron abused Prince in the 06 confrence finals, and Raja bell has not just lost a step, he's lost five or six.

Fact Six: Chris Bosh is a stud, he is a superstar, but he is not yet on the levle to take a team to the promised land, he is not Tim Duncan.

Final Fact: Dallas is a well built team, they are deep and have decent defense, but in the majority of playoff series it comes down to one man one game one quater, somone who can impose their will somtimes its two guys, weather its Kobe and Shaq, pierce, Garnett, Jordan, Magic or Bird. Dallas lacks THIS guy, and we have the best THIS guy in the league.

Lebron James will win this series.

ripjhb18
01-04-2009, 11:09 PM
No, Lebron wont win the series all on his own. Mavs in 5

Durant is hype
01-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Dallas in 5.

BlondeBomber41
01-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Hey for the record, it was Tony Parker who imposed his will over Lebrons Cavs in the Finals a few years ago and his team got the sweep as he got Finals MVP.

Just something to think about, since you seem to think we dont have a guy who can take over. I think we have two of them, in Bosh and Parker.

(Speaking to the writer of the Clippers Writeup)

RocketsRule
01-04-2009, 11:16 PM

Agreed...

dawgsfan_45
01-04-2009, 11:48 PM
I think the starting lineups are pretty close but the Clippers bench kinda sucks.

Ragun
01-05-2009, 12:03 AM
can someone change my vote to the Mavs please? i was going to go with the Clips but i just looked at the clips bench. :pity: if they had a better bench, they would of won this.

rhino17
01-05-2009, 12:05 AM
Bosh is a scrub compared to Lebron, no contest

Ragun
01-05-2009, 12:06 AM

:pity:

Durant is hype
01-05-2009, 12:22 AM
can someone change my vote to the Mavs please? i was going to go with the Clips but i just looked at the clips bench. :pity: if they had a better bench, they would of won this.

Same.

PhillyLuver
01-05-2009, 12:25 AM
I have to go with Mavs. Exploit Diaw, and it's just too much for Lebron imo

Westbrook36
01-05-2009, 12:27 AM
This is actually close, I dont think either of these teams are the best teams in the West.

I dont know who to take..

Ellis over Raja Bell
Lebron over Prince
Sammy alittle bit over Diop
Bosh and Tony Rape Alston and Diaw

superkegger
01-05-2009, 01:04 AM

wow.

Joshtd1
01-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Goin with the mavs here

clehmun
01-05-2009, 02:18 AM
just my opinion on the two team's superstar:

lebron: prince and bell are great defenders, but personally i don't think they are the type of defenders who can guard lebron. prince and raja are good with kobes, wades, tmacs. the faster, less strong swings. lebron is too physical and strong for prince to handle. the defenders who tend to give lebron more trouble are poseys, artests, stronger and more physical great defenders.

bosh: i don't think the clippers should use diaw to guard bosh. they have the perfect type of defender in dalembert to defend bosh. i'm not saying dalembert can stop or shut down bosh. but if there's any type of defender who gives bosh trouble, it's the ones that are long and athletic. bosh uses his speed alot, if anything, he tends to struggle against the tyson chandlers, dalemberts, rasheeds, garnetts, etc. the good defenders who can match bosh with speed and atheticism. bosh is not a "power" player, so he will try to go around you, before powering you.
dalembert is a better match defensively than diaw. so i would shift diaw to C defensively. he probably won't struggle too much against the offensively challenged diop.
and if anything diaw has proved that he is capable of making his frontcourt partner a much better offensive player. just see how much better okafor is doing with diaw dishing him easy baskets.

with all that said, i would still give this series to the mavs.

i'm not a fan of rafer alston. and monta is still a question mark.
mavs are too deep. they're too well built. dominant low post scorer, a guard to control the perimeter, and good shooters and defenders. and the best 6th man in the redraft.

also, every player in their system has proven they can play well in their given roles. although this is a "fantasy" sim team, you actually see this team working like a real one.

LakerzDQ
01-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Mavs are pretty well built.

they don't exactly have a dominant 1st option scorer, but Chris Bosh is as close as it gets.
Tony Parker is a great 2nd option, and he has shown that he can be very clutch.
Tayshaun Prince is the ideal 3rd option, versatile guy.
Mike Miller off the bench is also a good decision.

they also got vet guys like Najera and Oberto, doing the dirty work off the bench.
Mavs got good defenders as well.

mightybosstone
01-05-2009, 04:12 PM
As much as I love Lebron, how can ANYONE vote for that horrendous front court of the Clippers? Diaw and Dalembert on Bosh!!! Really? Still, you can't deny that Lebron would make any series interesting and one of my few critiques of the Mavericks is that they don't really have that clutch 4th quarter player to match with Lebron. Parker's not a bad option to take your final shot, but if it comes down to a duel in the 4th, I'd take Lebron every time.

Also, you could argue that the Mavs starting 5 is full of offensive liabilities. They have no legit starting center and an overrated "defensive" SG in Bell. I do adore their bench though, with guys like Miller and Kleiza.

Overall, Lebron single handedly wins a couple and stretches the series to 6 against a superior team.

Catfish1314
01-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Chris Bosh and Tony Parker will run wild in this series. The Mavs defense is well put together with an enforcer in the post and two solid defenders on the perimeter. They're not the Spurs that swept the Cavs due to the difference between Duncan and Bosh, but they're close enough.

Mavericks in 5.

DocUSN
01-05-2009, 08:00 PM

Had to make the best argumentI coupd nmuster

Hey for the record, it was Tony Parker who imposed his will over Lebrons Cavs in the Finals a few years ago and his team got the sweep as he got Finals MVP.

Just something to think about, since you seem to think we dont have a guy who can take over. I think we have two of them, in Bosh and Parker.

(Speaking to the writer of the Clippers Writeup)

Of course, but I'm not going to admit that untill I'mout of it.... In a related story of course you are right.

Mavs are pretty well built.

they don't exactly have a dominant 1st option scorer, but Chris Bosh is as close as it gets.
Tony Parker is a great 2nd option, and he has shown that he can be very clutch.
Tayshaun Prince is the ideal 3rd option, versatile guy.
Mike Miller off the bench is also a good decision.

they also got vet guys like Najera and Oberto, doing the dirty work off the bench.
Mavs got good defenders as well.

Agreed, and on that note, ggod game bb41 and kegger, the better team won, and you guys did a great job, now that I'm out of it I an admit you guys built my favorite kind of team, Chemistry looks like it would work, good defense, no bad chacter guys, Well done and good job the rest the way.

unwantedplayer
01-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Dallas in 4. One player isn't enough to win games.