PDA

View Full Version : Ray Allen is overrated!

Mamba006
01-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Ray Allen is the most overrated celtic. It's safe to say this guy would never have even sniffed a ring if it wasn't for Kevin and Pierce. Even though he leads them in ppg, His defense his horrendous. He couldn't guard a 7th grader. As good of a shooter he is, it is also safe to assume that Pierce is thier most clutch player. Kevin and Paul have lead their teams to WCF and ECF respectively. Ray couldnt even make the playoffs for the last couple of years as a leader of the sonics. This guy has great luck though to be playing alogside Kevin and Pierce. I cant believe he represents the Jordan Brand.

Mamba006
01-04-2009, 09:37 PM
After watching the game tonight at the garden, i have to make this thread. He truly sucks. People compare him to reggie miller, but miller was a much more pesky defender and overall had more heart. He might still go down in the HOF but does he truly deserve it?

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-04-2009, 09:40 PM
your judging one game vs a CAREER and a season

you fail

kntresistheheat
01-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Are you just starting threads for the hell of it:confused: My other question is what team and player you like because your coming down on Wade now Allen what is all this hate for all these players????? Is this Donaghy????

After watching the game tonight at the garden, i have to make this thread. He truly sucks. People compare him to reggie miller, but miller was a much more pesky defender and overall had more heart. He might still go down in the HOF but does he truly deserve it?

Mamba006
01-04-2009, 09:42 PM
your judging one game vs a CAREER and a season

you fail

I am not judging him by one game. Do you think he can lead a team to the playoffs individually as a leader?

BTownTeamsRKing
01-04-2009, 09:46 PM
the man had 2 bone spurs last year.

The Intimidator
01-04-2009, 09:47 PM
So, a guy who has averaged 21.0 points per game over his 12 year career is overrated? Come on. He had a terrible game tonight against the Knicks, but he is NOT overrated. By the way, he also averages 21.0 points per game in the postseason.

Giaps
01-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Fail.

kntresistheheat
01-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Answer my questions from above:mad:

I am not judging him by one game. Do you think he can lead a team to the playoffs individually as a leader?

Mamba006
01-04-2009, 09:50 PM
the man had 2 bone spurs last year.

Is that suppose to be an excuse for a career worth of bad defense?. Like i said before he is lucky to play with Kevin who covers up a lot of deficiencies of the celtics. But seriously guys do you think he is better than reggie miller individually? He is more athletic but never had the heart of a reggie miller.

The Intimidator
01-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Is that suppose to be an excuse for a career worth of bad defense?. Like i said before he is lucky to play with Kevin who covers up a lot of deficiencies of the celtics. But seriously guys do you think he is better than reggie miller individually? He is more athletic but never had the heart of a reggie miller.

How exactly do you determine how much heart someone has? Please explain this.

Mamba006
01-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Are you just starting threads for the hell of it:confused: My other question is what team and player you like because your coming down on Wade now Allen what is all this hate for all these players????? Is this Donaghy????

My favorite team is Lakers and Washinton ( Ying and yang, tell me about it). My favorite players are lebron, kobe, and wade. No not donaghy, making threads cause i need to rack up my posts total. LOL!

nygiants242
01-04-2009, 09:53 PM
The guy has REALLY declined over the years

The Intimidator
01-04-2009, 09:55 PM
My favorite team is Lakers and Washinton ( Ying and yang, tell me about it). My favorite players are lebron, kobe, and wade. No not donaghy, making threads cause i need to rack up my posts total. LOL!

If you want to rack up your posts, at least talk about something that has some merit behind it.

Mamba006
01-04-2009, 09:56 PM
How exactly do you determine how much heart someone has? Please explain this.

Leading your team as a leader to the playoffs, no matter how bad the players on your team are. Playing through injuries, and leading your team no matter what. Playing on both sides of the ball. The list goes on.....

J4KOP99
01-04-2009, 09:59 PM
I dont see why everyone is coming down on this post.

Has Ray Allen had a very good career? Absolutely

Is Ray Allen as good as he is currently made out to be? Hell no.

All 3 of the Celtics Big Three are currently overrated.

The Celtics team in general however is very good. I understand that ESPN is all over these guys but look at the big picture. None of the 3 could win on their own. As for Mamba006, give Ray Allen a little more credit. Just because he had one rough game does not mean he sucks.

Mamba006
01-04-2009, 10:00 PM
If you want to rack up your posts, at least talk about something that has some merit behind it.

Intimidating your way through this one wont work! The fact of the matter is even VC has lead the a team to the ECF individually (and we all know how much heart VC has). Ray has done nothing individually in his career but put up points.

bostncelts34
01-04-2009, 10:01 PM
are you serious? Ray didnt have a team in seattle. He had Rashard and thats it. lol

Ray is still a greta player. He is rated perfectly. Obviously he is not better than paul or kevin. No crap, no one said he was. And no one said he was an amazing defender. So i dont know how he is overrated. lol At this point in his career he is mostly a 3pt shooter, and he is one of the best at what he does.

kntresistheheat
01-04-2009, 10:01 PM
You just made up a thread talking crap about him now he is your favorite player:confused: and you dont rack up your post by putting up dum threads you do it by putting your input on legitamte arguements and some opionions are acceptable:p

tonyd3b54
01-04-2009, 10:02 PM
you have lost all credibility congrats...

bostncelts34
01-04-2009, 10:03 PM
I dont see why everyone is coming down on this post.

Has Ray Allen had a very good career? Absolutely

Is Ray Allen as good as he is currently made out to be? Hell no.

All 3 of the Celtics Big Three are currently overrated.

The Celtics team in general however is very good. I understand that ESPN is all over these guys but look at the big picture. None of the 3 could win on their own. As for Mamba006, give Ray Allen a little more credit. Just because he had one rough game does not mean he sucks.

Lol please name me something who has led his team to a ring , by himself? Kobe sure hasnt, jordan didnt, bird didnt. No one does. SO i guess they are overrated because they needed shaq., pippen and so on.

Mamba006
01-04-2009, 10:05 PM
You just made up a thread talking crap about him now he is your favorite player:confused: and you dont rack up your post by putting up dum threads you do it by putting your input on legitamte arguements and some opionions are acceptable:p

If you look at my post history, i have always maintained that wade is great and one of my favorites. Just cause i think he has it easier than Lebron and Kobe and gets to the free throw line way too much doesn't mean i dont like him. I also think Kobe use to take to many bad shots, makes the game more difficult than it is suppose to be. I also feel Lebron needs to seriously work on his mid-range doesn't mean i dont enjoy watching them play.

Mamba006
01-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Lol please name me something who has led his team to a ring , by himself? Kobe sure hasnt, jordan didnt, bird didnt. No one does. SO i guess they are overrated because they needed shaq., pippen and so on.

No one does it alone, let me clarify that first!
But if your a future HOF than the least you can do is lead your team to the playoffs and make some noise.

unwantedplayer
01-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Leading your team as a leader to the playoffs, no matter how bad the players on your team are. Playing through injuries, and leading your team no matter what. Playing on both sides of the ball. The list goes on.....

You realise people get older and they can't do as much, right? Ray Allen has heart because he was playing injured last year, his ankles forced him to slump, however, look at his past acheivments. He and Rashard Lewis brought the SONICS to the playoffs. Before you make threads like these, look at past acheivments and what the player has done throughout his career.

D_Rose1118
01-04-2009, 10:09 PM
if i am not mistaken didnt the bucks play the 76ers in the ecf in 2001

was ray allen the leader of that team

unwantedplayer
01-04-2009, 10:10 PM
No one does it alone, let me clarify that first!
But if your a future HOF than the least you can do is lead your team to the playoffs and make some noise.

He can't lead a team when there are three superstars on the same team. It's called teamwork, ever heard of that?

Mamba006
01-04-2009, 10:10 PM
your mistaken, it was payton and cassell on that team.

JordansBulls
01-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Fail.