PDA

View Full Version : Rangers vs Caps Official Game Thread

SLY WILLIAMS
01-03-2009, 07:51 PM
http://cdn.nhl.com/images/logos/75/nyr.gifhttp://cdn.nhl.com/images/logos/75/wsh.gif

New York Rangers (23-13-3) at Washington Capitals (25-11-3)
Game Preview (http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/preview?gameId=290103023)

http://www.onfrozenblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/capitals-image_of_the_day-042108.PNG
Verizon Center : Washington, DC
January 3, 2009
7:00 PM ET

Team Leaders
(Min. 5 GP)

Rangers
Goals : M. Naslund - 14
Assists : N. Zherdev - 19
+/- : N. Dawes - 6
GAA : S. Valiquette - 2.40
SV % : S. Valiquette - .920
Wins : H. Lundqvist - 19

Capitals
Goals : A. Ovechkin - 26
Assists : N. Backstrom - 33
+/- : A. Semin - 20
GAA : B. Johnson - 2.61
SV % : B. Johnson - .913
Wins : J. Theodore - 12

Ny rAnGeRS 4EvA
01-03-2009, 09:35 PM
First off way to go prucha... great goal .. also reddens fight knocked out clark funny stuff.. but come on another shorthanded goal given up .. that looked like a easy save it was a wrist shot from the blue line vally played the angle bad .. does any 1 notice we will prolly have more shorties then powerplay goals this year lol ... ill be back durning the 3rd hopefully we will go nuts and take over in the 3rd like we been doing . we NEED TO SHOOT MORE . o yea KALININ MADE THE FIRST NICE PLAY OF THE YEAR ON a 2 on 1 b4 .... BOUT DAMNNN TIME ...

Ny rAnGeRS 4EvA
01-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Yea we suck .. Enough said ... We should be sellers at the deadline ......

SLY WILLIAMS
01-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Great punch by Redden. Caps have only lost 1 game in regulation at home all season I think

letsgorangers27
01-04-2009, 12:12 AM
i hope everyone saw the staal semin "fight". i was crying it was hysterical lol...he was like a ****ing drummer what a lil *****...
for those of you who didnt see:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvxfXgFtiLU

C-Rod
01-04-2009, 12:21 AM
:mad:Until this team improves its powerplay...this is going to happen...When you face a great team and have only a few opportunities, you have to score on your P.P. Great team's match up pretty well 5 on 5....l don't know what to say anymore.....

knedragon
01-04-2009, 09:53 AM
seeing we have no cap room and most of these players nobody would want the only thing to do is get a new coach and system to play under:clap:

liltedspop
01-04-2009, 10:25 AM
I could care less if the Caps lost 1 or 25 games at home this season. The N.Y. Rangers play is a JOKE, this is not a slump this team is horrible. They now have been passed by the Flyers, all you people who were saying last week "they are a first place team" they are now barely a 2nd. place team & will continue to drop in the standings until something is done. The play of Drury, Gomez & Naslund has been shameful, this team is devoid of leadership, the coaching staff appears to be lost, the power play is non existent however it does help the opposing penalty killers to score pretty much at will. We all know what must be done & now should be inevitable Renney & his staff must go, there will be no trade to help this team as they cant fit anyone in under the cap that Sather has managed so poorly & we have no tradable commodities other that youth ie: Staal or Girardi & they wont bring much in return either. The only way to attempt to save this season is to FIRE RENNEY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SLY WILLIAMS
01-04-2009, 11:03 AM
i hope everyone saw the staal semin "fight". i was crying it was hysterical lol...he was like a ****ing drummer what a lil *****...

That was just sad. It made hockey look lame. I was shocked because this is a guy that has not minded running his mouth at times. I expected he would have had to back it up at some point.

I'm still happy about Reddens punch today. That was very nice.

knedragon
01-04-2009, 11:32 AM
I could care less if the Caps lost 1 or 25 games at home this season. The N.Y. Rangers play is a JOKE, this is not a slump this team is horrible. They now have been passed by the Flyers, all you people who were saying last week "they are a first place team" they are now barely a 2nd. place team & will continue to drop in the standings until something is done. The play of Drury, Gomez & Naslund has been shameful, this team is devoid of leadership, the coaching staff appears to be lost, the power play is non existent however it does help the opposing penalty killers to score pretty much at will. We all know what must be done & now should be inevitable Renney & his staff must go, there will be no trade to help this team as they cant fit anyone in under the cap that Sather has managed so poorly & we have no tradable commodities other that youth ie: Staal or Girardi & they wont bring much in return either. The only way to attempt to save this season is to FIRE RENNEY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lilpop
at least someone else on this board sees things straight,we're headed for last place if something isn't done here shortly.Its amazing everyone was so happy about 1st place but noone realized we had like 5 games played on everyone!The Devils seem to me the team to beat,especially when Bordeur gets healthy.I haven't seen much of the Bruins but the points don't lie.:clap:

knedragon
01-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Jersey just caught us and have 2 in hand!Guess 1st place just slipped away

Desert Plains
01-04-2009, 10:17 PM
It was just a matter of time before a few teams caught us. Plus, many teams, including the Devils still have games in hand. We'll be in the 9th or 10th spot before the end of the month.

1st place may have slipped away, but I'm more worried about a season that's looking like it's close to slipping away unless major changes are made soon. And that includes firing the GM and coach and doing anything possible to get the deadwood out of here, even if that means giving away guys like Rosi, Redden, Kalinin, Drury, Voros, Rissmiller, even Gomez, Nasland and Dawes should be considered as bait. This is not a roster that can win a Cup, so blow it up and get someone in here that can build a team (not just spend money like Sather).

liltedspop
01-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Desert in the past we have not agreed on much, but we are in complete agreement on this MAJOR CHANGES NEED TO BE MADE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jetsfan89
01-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Rosi, Redden, Kalinin, Drury, Voros, Rissmiller, even Gomez, Nasland

i agree with that list of players but lets just think about it for a second. redden, kalinin, and rissmiller will command a grand total of NOTHING when it comes to trade value. drury and gomez's value will be severely cut down cause of the money they're getting. voros is a third line agitator and nothing more. roszival might command something if he continues to play better but even then his value will still be low.

messleetch94
01-05-2009, 10:05 AM

Yeah, I was like WTF. Staal only fell cause Semin's jersey wasn't tied down. It was like watching my kid throw a tantrum.

Desert Plains
01-05-2009, 10:09 PM
i agree with that list of players but lets just think about it for a second. redden, kalinin, and rissmiller will command a grand total of NOTHING when it comes to trade value. drury and gomez's value will be severely cut down cause of the money they're getting. voros is a third line agitator and nothing more. roszival might command something if he continues to play better but even then his value will still be low.

And you are right. We have a bunch of players that have no value. Which says a lot about how Renney and Sather have built this team. We have very little that any team would want, which is why I suggested giving the players away - just clear the cap space, clear out Sather and Renney and get someone here that can build around the guys left (Hank, Zherdev, Staal, Girardi, Callahan, Sjostrom, Mara, Betts and Orr).