PDA

View Full Version : What Happens with TJ ??

DieHardColtsfan
01-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Resigns?

Part Ways?

Fury
01-03-2009, 10:26 PM
i pray we resign him..we need him even more than we need Chad

MarkieMark48
01-04-2009, 02:03 AM
hes gonna get paid elsewhere. Thats why Chris Henry sogned a two year deal, to take the place of TJ when he leaves, and to see if he can stay out f trouble long enough to be the full time #2 in the future

Freel for prez
01-05-2009, 01:01 AM
If the Bengals lose Housh then you can easily be looking at another 4 win season.

MarkieMark48
01-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Id take my chances of having a better record with losing Housh, and getting Palmer back

they got the AFC west, and the NFC north, probably the two of the worst divisions in football, along with the jags and the bills... with palmer they should def. get more than 4 wins next year

carella211
01-05-2009, 10:25 PM
i hope they resign tj (i think he's better than chad), but if not, caldwell looks ready to step up and fill that void. in fact, that's really the reason they drafted him. if they don't resign tj, then they need to take that money and sign it on a quality free agent center or pass rusher. imo, filling those two holes is bigger to helping the bengals win in the grand scheme of things than a number two reciever.

MarkieMark48
01-05-2009, 11:41 PM
i hope they resign tj (i think he's better than chad), but if not, caldwell looks ready to step up and fill that void. in fact, that's really the reason they drafted him. if they don't resign tj, then they need to take that money and sign it on a quality free agent center or pass rusher. imo, filling those two holes is bigger to helping the bengals win in the grand scheme of things than a number two reciever.

they brought in Chris Henry because they wernt happy with the players they drafted. I expect Henry to catch a lot of balls next year, and if he can keep his head on straight, I'm sure they will sign him to a long term deal

steelcityroller
01-06-2009, 04:44 AM
He is gone unless they franchise him why would he want to stay in Cincinnati when he can go somewhere like New York or Philly and be on a proven winner and get paid probably more than the Bengals would offer.

Freel for prez
01-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Housh's bags have been packed for months

silentbp
01-17-2009, 12:44 AM
Hu'syomama will be here next year as well as chad. really, this year was a complete loss in the beginning. If housh leaves, i feel good with caldwell. I'd like to see him return a lot more punts this year. To mee it seems as if the line-up will stay the same and TJ and Graham get paid, they should. Holt and Chatman may be pushed way back to make more room for simpson and caldwell. I believe in Henry, so? Ok to sum it up
Sign TJ 3 years or so
Sign Graham 5 years or so
Sign Benson 3 years or so
Let Andrews play with himself in the corner of someone else's locker room
shore up the o-line (wish we could have grabbed OT Smith, but that's typical)
LEAVE THE D- ALONE, they looked so much better at the end of the season
Hire Brian Billick for O-C
AND SHIP MIKE BROWN TO ASSISTED LIVING AND HIRE A REAL GM!!!

Ok thats my two (or three) cents

silentbp

TheRedMarauder
01-28-2009, 03:07 PM
T.J. Houshmandzadeh says he'll still consider returning to Cincinnati in 2009 even if the Bengals don't sign him long term before free agency starts.

Most players that hit the open market leave, but Housh could be different as a lifelong Bengal who might take less to stay. "I'm not going to take the biggest deal to play on Mars," Houshmandzadeh said. "I want to get to the playoffs like Big Willie (Anderson) did. I think we can get back (in Cincinnati)."

rotoworld

Bigblock63
01-30-2009, 03:44 PM
SHIP MIKE BROWN TO ASSISTED LIVING AND HIRE A REAL GM!!!

Can I get an Amen?

I'd rather see them resign Housh and trade Chad while he still has some value. TJ is an awesome route runner and barring a Henry pulling, well a Henry, you always have him for the deep threat. I think Caldwell and Simpson are going to be alright and pick up big time this year.

carella211
01-30-2009, 07:46 PM
they brought in Chris Henry because they wernt happy with the players they drafted. I expect Henry to catch a lot of balls next year, and if he can keep his head on straight, I'm sure they will sign him to a long term deal

i agree henry is going to have a break out year next year, but i see caldwell getting the starting 2 spot alongside either cj or tj, whomever stays since one is definately gone. caldwell did enough down the stretch to make the staff comfortable enough with him, and if he continues to workout in the offseason, he should be a beast next year.

carella211
01-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Hu'syomama will be here next year as well as chad. really, this year was a complete loss in the beginning. If housh leaves, i feel good with caldwell. I'd like to see him return a lot more punts this year. To mee it seems as if the line-up will stay the same and TJ and Graham get paid, they should. Holt and Chatman may be pushed way back to make more room for simpson and caldwell. I believe in Henry, so? Ok to sum it up
Sign TJ 3 years or so -i hear he wont accept a 3 yr deal. i believe he's gone, as much as i hate to admit it.
Sign Graham 5 years or so - 5 yrs is to long for mr. not-clutch. i think they let him walk
Sign Benson 3 years or so - agree, and draft a speedster in the 4th round or so.
Let Andrews play with himself in the corner of someone else's locker room- agree. what a mistake to tag him last year
shore up the o-line (wish we could have grabbed OT Smith, but that's typical)- center via free agency and tackle via draft and we should be good
LEAVE THE D- ALONE, they looked so much better at the end of the season- no. we had NO pass rush all year. we need to get a couple of pass rushers somewhere. free agency or draft. getting one of the lb's from balt would be sweeeeeet.
Hire Brian Billick for O-C - anyone but brat!!!!!!!
AND SHIP MIKE BROWN TO ASSISTED LIVING AND HIRE A REAL GM!!! - amen

silentbp

my two ( or three ) cents

HipSlappyJoe
01-31-2009, 04:39 AM
He is 32, so maybe letting him go might not be the worst thing in the world. this decision would be easier if caldwell stepped up this year

JerzeyFresh
02-04-2009, 11:08 PM
He just announced on a philadelphia radio show that he wants to be an Eagle

http://950espn.com/Audio/tabid/183/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/3045/Default.aspx

MarkieMark48
02-05-2009, 12:25 AM
im pretty sure at no point in that interview he said "I want to be an eagle"

lilyoungbigfatd
02-06-2009, 09:39 AM
yes he did

MarkieMark48
02-06-2009, 10:02 AM
i guess eagles fans just hear what they want to hear

DieHardColtsfan
02-06-2009, 05:44 PM
He just announced on a philadelphia radio show that he wants to be an Eagle

http://950espn.com/Audio/tabid/183/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/3045/Default.aspx

That check list is a lot to ask, no? :shrug: I mean your not the Yankees :rimshot:

carella211
02-09-2009, 10:11 PM
all tj is doing is driving up the amount of zeros he's gonna get on his check by making teams think he wants to play there, there by putting the pressure on them to sign him at any cost. he's also said he'd like to play in chicago ( he actually said grossman was a pretty good qb and he'd love to play with him. hahahahaha!! ), and ny jets, and tenn. so philly fans, don't get to over excited. the only place he wants to play is the place that's gonna give him the biggest deal. hell, if a cfl team offered him a bigger contract, he'd go there. he's all about the benjarmins.

TheRedMarauder
02-13-2009, 08:50 PM
According to NFL.com's Steve Wyche, the chances of T.J. Houshmandzadeh staying with the Bengals "do not appear promising."

Wyche seconds a Dayton Daily News report that Housh won't be franchised. The Bengals still hope to sign him to an extension, but he's more likely to hit the market. Wyche calls the Titans, Eagles, and Bears possible suitors.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
02-17-2009, 09:32 PM
T.J. Houshmandzadeh told ESPN's Bob Holtzman Monday that there's a "90-something percent chance" he's leaving Cincinnati in free agency.

Housh thinks Chad Ocho Cinco will be gone too. Some teams will hold age (31) and the "possession receiver" label against Housh, but the Muhsin Muhammad comparisons are unfair. He offers better hands than Moose and has less tread on his tires. Housh has only been a starter for five seasons.

rotoworld

Kakaroach
02-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Wow so the Bengals will lose both of their star receivers and will probably have to draft Michael Crabtree or Jeremy MacLain in the draft now. Sad because they need a lot of work on their offensive line.

carella211
02-20-2009, 02:37 AM
Wow so the Bengals will lose both of their star receivers and will probably have to draft Michael Crabtree or Jeremy MacLain in the draft now. Sad because they need a lot of work on their offensive line.

how are they gonna lose both their wr's? cj is signed through 2010. he ain't going anywhere. and drafting crabtree or maclain would be the dumbest move in nfl history. they drafted two very talented wr's last year, and caldwell appears to be ready to replace tj this coming season. add henry who is currently in cali with palmer practicing, and the bengal wr corp's is just fine. they could use a little depth though, but that can be addressed with college free agents or the late rounds of the draft.

and they don't need a ton of work on the o-line actually. center and tackle. that's all. sign someone like jason brown in free agency and draft the best available tackle at 6, and the line should be good to go. collins, whitworth, and the rest will be fine as long as they stay healthy. now can braindead mike brown do these simple things?? who knows, that's the real question.

TheRedMarauder
02-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Marvin Lewis insists the Bengals can still afford T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

Lewis also says there is no scenario in which Housh and Chad Ocho Cinco could both be off the roster. The Bengals will try to "compete" for Housh, but its still likely another team will out-bid them.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
02-26-2009, 11:33 PM
The National Football Post reports that there is a "70% chance" T.J. Houshmandzadeh will re-sign with the Bengals.

The report says that the two sides are nearing a deal. The use of a percentage gives us pause, but NFP has been on top of other stories this off-season. It's hard to believe the Bengals would be the highest bidder for Housh, but perhaps they'll sign him before he finds out.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
02-27-2009, 12:16 AM
In response to a story on the National Football Post that he's close to a deal with the Bengals, T.J. Houshmandzadeh says he hasn't heard from his agent Thursday.

That doesn't mean NFP's report is wrong. Housh probably wouldn't hear from his agent until a deal was ready to be presented. NFP said there was a "70%" chance Housh would re-sign. If Houshmandzadeh is still unsigned at midnight, the Bengals will have a hard time out-spending the competition.

rotoworld

Kakaroach
02-27-2009, 12:37 PM
Okay, at least its gone from 90-something% to about 70%. Still unlikely, but let's keep our fingers crossed.

carella211
02-27-2009, 09:32 PM
he's in seattle tomorrow.

TheRedMarauder
02-28-2009, 10:52 AM
The Bengals are reportedly still negotiating in an attempt to re-sign T.J. Houshmanzadeh.

Housh visited Seattle Friday, but no signing is imminent. He listed the Giants, Eagles, Seahawks and Vikings as his favored landing spots, but the Bengals may have a chance to re-enter the derby. The Bears apparently never had interest, the Eagles are reportedly no longer pursuing him, the Giants deem him too expensive, and no other teams are lining up for visits.

rotoworld

Kakaroach
02-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Sweet that nails down to two top contender for TJ in the Giants and Eagles. Hopefully we're right there in the end and can pull off some kind of miracle and sign him...

VIKINGS D
02-28-2009, 03:44 PM
hes in minny as we speak sittin next to peterson an allen eating a steak talkin numbrs an superbowls lets go ziggy

VIKINGS D
02-28-2009, 03:48 PM
wen u come to minny u dnt leav without a contract ask allen an berrian

Kakaroach
02-28-2009, 04:09 PM
wen u come to minny u dnt leav without a contract ask allen an berrian First, learn how to type and proper grammar. Second, he's not leaving Cincy...

henderson56
02-28-2009, 04:09 PM

and former Begnal,

Mediue Williams

VIKINGS D
03-01-2009, 01:57 PM
its tx type come into da 21st century dont be mad u still hav ocho o

mr. red
03-01-2009, 04:34 PM
its tx type come into da 21st century dont be mad u still hav ocho o

You're a joke.

Kakaroach
03-01-2009, 08:45 PM
its tx type come into da 21st century dont be mad u still hav ocho o What the **** is Ocho O? Housh is staying and if he isn't, there is no way he is leaving for Minny...

Drunk Kosar 19
03-01-2009, 09:18 PM
hes old and wants to go to the superbowl with the vikings who are the best NFC team right now....if he takes a paycut in will be with the vikes, im glad hes getting out of my division

mr. red
03-02-2009, 12:42 AM
hes old and wants to go to the superbowl with the vikings who are the best NFC team right now....if he takes a paycut in will be with the vikes, im glad hes getting out of my division

how can you say the vikings are the best team in the NFC?? If I recall, they lost in the Wild Card game...

BIG mistake if TJ goes to the Vikings. Bad QB, bad WRs...TJ will not get the ball as much in Minnesota. He needs a good WR like 85 to take some of the coverage and doubles away from him.

Freel for prez
03-02-2009, 01:44 AM
I'm from Cincinnati and I would be SHOCKED if he came back...The Bungles will be a terrible organization as long as Mike Brown is running the team.

K.O.DRO
03-02-2009, 04:23 AM
bengals arguing with vikings?
10-6
4-11-1
enough said.
as for tj who knows?

mr. red
03-02-2009, 11:34 AM
bengals arguing with vikings?
10-6
4-11-1
enough said.
as for tj who knows?

Not arguing records between the teams, I am asking how you can consider the Vikings the best team in the NFC. Not AFC. NFC.

Must be nice to have that 10-6 record in the weakest division in football...Lions were tough this year!

TheRedMarauder
03-02-2009, 04:51 PM
The Bengals' outstanding offer to free agent T.J. Houshmandzadeh is reportedly worth more than Plaxico Burress' contract.

Burress' deal pays $35M over five years with $11M guaranteed. The Bengals are willing to make Houshmandzadeh richer than Chad Ocho Cinco. It isn't hard to envision Ocho reiterating his desire for a raise if Housh re-signs.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
03-02-2009, 05:13 PM
An NFL front office executive tells the St. Paul Pioneer Press that the Bengals have "jumped ahead" of Minnesota in the bidding for T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

Meanwhile, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune is reporting that Houshmandzadeh is still expected to pick a team by Monday. Housh and the Vikes haggled in talks all day Sunday, but it seems as if Minnesota's offer came up short.

rotoworld

steelcityroller
03-02-2009, 07:01 PM
He is a Seattle Seahawk.

slickintern
03-03-2009, 04:53 AM
Sign TJ 3 years or so
Sign Graham 5 years or so
Sign Benson 3 years or so
Let Andrews play with himself in the corner of someone else's locker room
shore up the o-line (wish we could have grabbed OT Smith, but that's typical)
LEAVE THE D- ALONE, they looked so much better at the end of the season
Hire Brian Billick for O-C
AND SHIP MIKE BROWN TO ASSISTED LIVING AND HIRE A REAL GM!!!

silentbp

being the fact you were wrong..you can take your 3 cents back

slickintern
03-03-2009, 05:04 AM
guess your wrong too, along with your brain fart ebonics , even if one goes to "minny" and signs a contract A. you need a QB (Sage Rosenfels"HA") (Tavaris Jackson? enough said" second everybody talks about superbowls....and then to say the vikes are the Best in the NFC....who was in the Superbowl for the last 8years for the NFC???? here let me tell you....

200102 St. Louis Rams
200203 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
200304 Carolina Panthers
200405 Philadelphia Eagles
200506 Seattle Seahawks
200607 Chicago Bears
200708 New York Giants
200809 Arizona Cardinals

I dont see the Vikings on there, I feel for Cincy fans I really do Chad wont be around much longer I like the Bengals and :clap:always have ..so thanks for TJ and im sure he will thrive here in seattle as for Mr. minny SHUT UP!

mr. red
03-03-2009, 12:13 PM
guess your wrong too, along with your brain fart ebonics , even if one goes to "minny" and signs a contract A. you need a QB (Sage Rosenfels"HA") (Tavaris Jackson? enough said" second everybody talks about superbowls....and then to say the vikes are the Best in the NFC....who was in the Superbowl for the last 8years for the NFC???? here let me tell you....

200102 St. Louis Rams
200203 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
200304 Carolina Panthers
200405 Philadelphia Eagles
200506 Seattle Seahawks
200607 Chicago Bears
200708 New York Giants
200809 Arizona Cardinals

I dont see the Vikings on there, I feel for Cincy fans I really do Chad wont be around much longer I like the Bengals and :clap:always have ..so thanks for TJ and im sure he will thrive here in seattle as for Mr. minny SHUT UP!

Your team gets a good receiver, but they gave quite a large contract to a 32 year old. I do not see TJ doing as well in Seattle. Hasselbeck was terrible last season in the 7 games he played...and TJ has no WR to take the pressure off of him. He does not have that break away separation like Chad has. If it's about returning home, thats one thing. However, I think he has a better chance to win in Cincy. Oh well. Good luck with him

slickintern
03-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Your team gets a good receiver, but they gave quite a large contract to a 32 year old. I do not see TJ doing as well in Seattle. Hasselbeck was terrible last season in the 7 games he played...and TJ has no WR to take the pressure off of him. He does not have that break away separation like Chad has. If it's about returning home, thats one thing. However, I think he has a better chance to win in Cincy. Oh well. Good luck with him
i agree with out another reciever to take that pressure he will be double teamed all year but with our injuries at receiver last year its a comfort to know we have some decent Hands now i will be disappointed if we dont draft crabtree if he is still available with the 4th pick

Freel for prez
03-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Hes a Seahawk...close the thread

slickintern
03-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Hes a Seahawk...close the thread

no kidding

jlohm1
03-04-2009, 12:06 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: