PDA

View Full Version : <Devils v Canadiens 1/1>

Sportscenterman
01-03-2009, 12:29 AM
First off, happy new year to everybody I hope everybody had a good new years eve, but back to buisness. Devils played strong tonight getting the lead that they would hold to the very end in a decisive 4-1 victory even if Montreal had injuries such as starting goalie Price. Devils had and have injuries, you fight through it and toughen up. After the game was tied up 1-1from an original 1-0 lead off a Brian Gionta goal, the Devils finished the game with a good morning, good afternoon and good night. Goals by Zach Parise, John Madden and Jamie Langebrunner closed out the game. Once again the Devils had a great rebound after a loss and showed what they are capable of doing

The Hero- Scott Clemmensen. This could have gone to many players tonight but Scott has showed flashes of greatness throughout this season filling in for our beloved Brodeur. Night after night, Clemmer stays in there and shows what it means to be a Devil playing in New Jersey!

The Goat-The Montreal powerplay. The Devils gave this great power play many chances especially in the first period but couldn't come through. A goal or two by their power play unit would have given the momentum and power to fight back the Devils

For anybody who was at the game the arena was flooded with Montreal fans and their go-habs-go chant.This was nothing as the Devils had their full arsenal which included crazy dancing guy Cameron who unless you have been to many of the games you would not know of. He is a crazy guy a little pudgy that dances around and throws out tons of tee-shirts that he has on. It is really funny to see but he is generally only at big games like the opener and weekend games. Great sight!

Another note, if Parise scores a goal in the next two games he will be fastest devil to 100 goals beating out current holder Gionta who did so in 284 games.

from devils.nhl.com
The Devils are undefeated in regulation when leading after two periods (16-0-1) and 12-0-1 when scoring four or more goals..

Bricklayer
01-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Hey Sportscenterman, excellent job with the game threads, very insightful and always a great read! Keep up the good work!!

Sportscenterman
01-04-2009, 01:39 AM
thanks bricklayer I'm a high school student aspiring to be a sports journalist and I appreciate feedback