PDA

View Full Version : Well should we now EXPECT a trade?

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
01-02-2009, 11:13 PM
With Z possibly out for 4 weeks that gives Ferry a perfect time to make a deal.

I really think by the end of the month something will happen. We really should do it soon even though we played great tonight without Z we really need to look at this as a gateway for a trade. Where Ferry will definitely receive the least amount of criticism from fans who think trading is messing with success.

What do you guys think?

Clevefan23
01-02-2009, 11:22 PM
i totally agree this is the perfect time to make a deal and try to work the guy we get into the lineup and see what his role will be with the team.

Andy puting up 26 points?? I wouldnt believe it even if i saw it

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
01-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Yes, what a great night for Andy.

I am really hoping Gerald Wallace is the guy. I just feel he would except any role we give him, and that he has a good team personality.

I am really looking forward to what happens in the next week or so. I give it like a week and half for Ferry to really go hard at it.

It's just scary we are going through a tougher part of the month with out Z.

GSW fan
01-03-2009, 01:05 AM
u guys would be amazing if you had an Al Jefferson type player.
he would be amazing w/ yall

brownies23
01-03-2009, 02:04 AM
I think the best person for the cavs that is being mentioned on the trading block is Marcus Camby. I mean adding a guy like would improve our defense drastically. I mean if you add him, we would be able to rotate him, big ben, varejao, and z and not lose much defensively or offensively. Also his contract expires the same year as lebron so it would clear cap space to bring in another big time player to help lebron out, and keep him in cleveland. Also it wouldn't take a lot 2 get him. You could probably get him for a combination of Eric Snow, Sasha Pavlovic, and a 1st round pick.

Cleveland gets Marcus Camby and Steve Novak

Clippers get Sasha Pavlovic, Eric Snow and a 1st round pick

Potential Line-up

PG: Mo,Boobie
SG: Delonte,Wally,Kinsey
SF: Lebron,Wally,Novak
PF: Camby,Big Ben,J.J
C: Z,Varejao

let me no wat you guys think.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
01-03-2009, 04:26 AM
Camby isn't what we need.

I am in a debate with some kid who thinks Marion would be better for us then GERALD WALLACE! Are you kidding me G-Force would be nice to have he is in his prime years while Marion is leaving those Suns days.

kingshiz
01-03-2009, 05:37 AM
camby would not be a bad fit 4 the cavs but we really need a big center one that is around 7'0 tall an one that has some range on him to but i wouldnt mind camby tho but yea i would rather have gerald wallace over marion any day because who is to say that marion wouldnt suck 4 us look at him on the heat as a starter he sucks he has lost it over the years an thats why i think the suns pulled the triger on em an got shaq they figured marion was on his way down an shaq was still pretty good

raptor fan
01-03-2009, 10:55 AM
why would u guys want to make a big trade for guys like camby, miller, wallace, etc when u guys are playing so well as it is? you guys have excellent team chemistry, and i think it would be a good idea to just make a small trade to bring in some bigs to play some minutes for u while big z is gone. probably something like eric snow to the t-wolves for jason collins and mark madsen. i know its not flashy, but u get two gritty players who have playoff experience, and all you give up is a guy who works for NBA TV.

infamous
01-03-2009, 04:39 PM
why would u guys want to make a big trade for guys like camby, miller, wallace, etc when u guys are playing so well as it is? you guys have excellent team chemistry, and i think it would be a good idea to just make a small trade to bring in some bigs to play some minutes for u while big z is gone. probably something like eric snow to the t-wolves for jason collins and mark madsen. i know its not flashy, but u get two gritty players who have playoff experience, and all you give up is a guy who works for NBA TV.
Because we want to get better and win a championship. We should never be satisfied and should continue to get better.

Jason Collins and Mark Madsen? are you kidding me?

infamous
01-03-2009, 04:42 PM
With Z out, there will be a trade soon. Camby would be perfect for the Cavs, he is a defensive monster. But IMO the Cavs should go after Kaman (remember him?) he is still young, and full of potential. Plus he is a 7 footer with a decent mid-range J, he will be a perfect compliment for Lebron, since it will be like playing with Big Z.

AMC31
01-03-2009, 06:09 PM
What about this?

Cavs get: Gerald Wallace, and Brad Miller

Sacramento gets: Adam Morrison, Wally Szczerbiak (big expiring),the draft rights to Shasha Kaun(good potential),Cleveland future 1st rounder, and Charlotte future 2nd rounder.

Charlotte gets: John Salmons (whos averaging 19.6 ppg), Eric Snow (big expiring), and Sasha Pavlovic (good potential).

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
01-03-2009, 07:02 PM
What about this?

Sacramento gets: Adam Morrison, Wally Szczerbiak (big expiring),the draft rights to Shasha Kaun(good potential),Cleveland future 1st rounder, and Charlotte future 2nd rounder.

Charlotte gets: John Salmons (whos averaging 19.6 ppg), Eric Snow (big expiring), and Sasha Pavlovic (good potential).

That's interesting AMC. This trade is decent, I only feel Kings could be losing on this one. But then I realize their next couple seasons are a wash as of now.

Bobcats really only gain. Losing Wallace, but gaining Salmons and Snow's expiring.

This seems to me like a perfect trade for Cleveland. Gives us Miller to fill in for Z and come off the bench. Not only that, but Wallace I calculated could get a good 30mpg coming off the bench for various players.

AMC31
01-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Yeah, The Kings really want to get expirings and rebuild, plus they get picks from both teams.

mockj12
01-04-2009, 01:04 AM
I would love wallace and miller. But with me, I think we are fine with guards. We need a solid center who will help us now and in the future. I stated in another forum that Z is getting old and his foot injuries are becoming more frequent now. We need a solid center who will help us now and in the years to come.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
01-04-2009, 10:32 AM
I would love wallace and miller. But with me, I think we are fine with guards. We need a solid center who will help us now and in the future. I stated in another forum that Z is getting old and his foot injuries are becoming more frequent now. We need a solid center who will help us now and in the years to come.

The problem is though no one will give up a young big man for expiring contracts.

raptor fan
01-04-2009, 10:55 AM
Because we want to get better and win a championship. We should never be satisfied and should continue to get better.

Jason Collins and Mark Madsen? are you kidding me?

yeah, i get it but i just heard posts from u guys saying that u don't really want to make a big trade when things are going so good. if u're looking for a C, u should call up philadelphia. Dalembert is a young starting calibre C who is available. i posted this in the sixers forum, and they were alright with it. what do u guys think?:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=885~2850~991~2004&teams=20~20~5~5&te=&cash=

raptor fan
01-04-2009, 10:59 AM
or maybe something like this if u want a centre whose contract ends by 2010:

jj hickson + eric snow + 1st round pick for david lee + jared jeffries, or eric snow and 2 1st rounders for lee and jeffries.

u guys could also try for eddy curry. They'd probably take snow, darnell jackson and a second for curry.

enabring
01-04-2009, 12:54 PM
CURRY?!??! Admit it, you are secretly a Knick fan. If you are a regular visitor to the Cavs forum you know better than to mention Curry in any way shape or form. I am pretty sure if the Knicks just said, "Here is Curry, go ahead and take him," the Cavs still wouldn't take them up on the offer because of his contract.

raptor fan
01-04-2009, 04:28 PM
CURRY?!??! Admit it, you are secretly a Knick fan. If you are a regular visitor to the Cavs forum you know better than to mention Curry in any way shape or form. I am pretty sure if the Knicks just said, "Here is Curry, go ahead and take him," the Cavs still wouldn't take them up on the offer because of his contract.

lol, no i'm a raptor fan. curry's contract ends in 2010 which isn't too bad. its not like ur giving up anything valuable to get him. snow doesn't even play.

DitchDat
01-04-2009, 06:57 PM
I think the best person for the cavs that is being mentioned on the trading block is Marcus Camby. I mean adding a guy like would improve our defense drastically. I mean if you add him, we would be able to rotate him, big ben, varejao, and z and not lose much defensively or offensively. Also his contract expires the same year as lebron so it would clear cap space to bring in another big time player to help lebron out, and keep him in cleveland. Also it wouldn't take a lot 2 get him. You could probably get him for a combination of Eric Snow, Sasha Pavlovic, and a 1st round pick.

Cleveland gets Marcus Camby and Steve Novak

Clippers get Sasha Pavlovic, Eric Snow and a 1st round pick

Potential Line-up

PG: Mo,Boobie
SG: Delonte,Wally,Kinsey
SF: Lebron,Wally,Novak
PF: Camby,Big Ben,J.J
C: Z,Varejao

let me no wat you guys think.

what a steal for the Cavs :p Has anyone seen Camby's rebounding stats lately?

I highly doubt the Clips will part ways with him... they will try to get rid of Kaman though....

How about Vince Carter? Is the Sczcerbiak-for-VC trade a rumor or is there some substance to it?

kingshiz
01-05-2009, 12:54 AM
im sure that we can make a ove for a young big infamous is right we should look at gettin kaman he is a pretty good player that would only develope his game even more playing with lebron an being on a team that makes it to the playoffs every year an why wouldnt they trade him the have camby an zack randolph an im sure they will get alot of minutes for the clippers so why not go for it an lets try 2 get nocioni from the bulls he would be a great fit to he could play some small forward an shooting gaurd an maybe even power foward against smaller powre forwards

enabring
01-05-2009, 11:11 PM
im sure that we can make a ove for a young big infamous is right we should look at gettin kaman he is a pretty good player that would only develope his game even more playing with lebron an being on a team that makes it to the playoffs every year an why wouldnt they trade him the have camby an zack randolph an im sure they will get alot of minutes for the clippers so why not go for it an lets try 2 get nocioni from the bulls he would be a great fit to he could play some small forward an shooting gaurd an maybe even power foward against smaller powre forwards

A period, a period, my kingdom for a period. I will even settle for a comma.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
01-06-2009, 04:18 PM
A period, a period, my kingdom for a period. I will even settle for a comma.

+2 Yikes.

Cavs_Fan24
01-06-2009, 08:22 PM
I think it is a perfect time to swing a deal because without Z were short-handed when it comes to big men and I can see us trading maybe Sasha to get a decent big.

Sbank
01-06-2009, 08:28 PM
what a steal for the Cavs :p Has anyone seen Camby's rebounding stats lately?

I highly doubt the Clips will part ways with him... they will try to get rid of Kaman though....

How about Vince Carter? Is the Sczcerbiak-for-VC trade a rumor or is there some substance to it?

Vince Carter for Wally was reject in the off season and that got reject for the nets.

IndiansFan337
01-07-2009, 12:21 PM
What about this?

That would be a great trade for the Cavs. But we don't need another C. So unless we were going to turn around & trade Miller (or Z, which is even more unlikely) then that won't happen. Unless possibly Z's injury is worse than they are letting the public know about.